Tuesday September 11th, 2018

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lana, Sep 11, 2018.

1. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Hello!

2. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Getting ready for work--have to decide on lunch. Couldn't find my lunch sack so Teigan let me take her LOL one yesterday and they found mine in Allens truck.

Made the ham sandwiches last night for tonight. (leftovers last night)

Have whites in the washer and only a couple loads left. Towels and Allens clothes. He will probably do those if he thinks of it. He has to remember it first.

Have a GREAT day everybody!

3. AuntJamelle

AuntJamelle Well-Known Member

Good morning!

Can you believe it has been 17 years since Sept 11th? Sad to remember but important as well :(

Tired this morning - as usual!!! Ended up having to work from home most of the evening but did manage to get dishwasher emptied and most of dishes back in the emptied machine.

Tonight is taekwondo class (I need to stop calling it karate!) so not much will get done - maybe a little crafting at the end of the night - we'll see!

4. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

Lana- Nice of Teigan to let you borrow her lunchbox! haha
    AJ- Yes, hard to believe it's been 17 years. We were just talking about that last night. DS wasn't born yet, he was born the following year.

Not sure what kind of effects we are going to have from TS Olivia, not sure if i'm going to bother putting anything away or not. I might wait and monitor the forecasts throughout the day as it gets closer. No sense putting everything away if we're just going to get our usual amount of wind and nothing out of the ordinary. Looks like maybe Maui will get the brunt.

I need to remember to have DH assist me with some math problems before he heads off to work this morning so I can retake my pre-preassessment. I think i'm going to skip Zumba this morning and go for a run. Shocker, I know! I want to go for a run in remembrance. I feel like doing a solo exercise today to reflect on 9/11. I could go to Stroller Warriors but don't want to be in a group, and they are doing hills and that is definitely not the level at which I am at yet. So i'll run around the neighborhood.

Enjoy your day!

AuntJamelle likes this.
  5. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Good morning all! Kind of grey out but warmer than yesterday.

Just finished watching the 9/11 commemorations.

Had my mammo today. Just need to wait for the results. DH and I will be going to see Crazy Rich Asians today. And someway the laundry will get done.

I did get some scrapbooking done yesterday which pleased me. Lots more to do and still need to work on more decluttering...

Enjoy your day friends!

AuntJamelle likes this.
  6. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Afternoon! was awake at 4:30, did gym. Now I'm at my desk working on some things until they move my computer. this afternoon I will be moving. Boss talked to me again... he talked to me more this morning than in a whole year! too late. I am happy with my decision to accept the change.

Stay safe with Florence!

Later

AuntJamelle likes this.
  7. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

not sure what we will get either. i went ahead and put my patio se t/umbrella set in the garage. took down all my garden flags. will leave the plants for now to see how it goes. hope everyone will be safe

8. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Good afternoon,

Still watching Florence, still looks threatening but maybe a little less so today than yesterday. Vic flew to Florida on Monday, supposed to be back Friday but they've cut the inspection short so he'll be back tomorrow.

Not doing much today other than making mental notes of what to pack if we do have to leave, what to pull away from the windows, etc., etc. Really would rather stay here and hunker down with the wind and rain than fight the traffic and the hotel madness and worry about how we will get back but it may not be our decision to make. If we get a mandatory evacuation order, off we will go.

9. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

wow im in my room cleaning and i heard this crash a u haul truck and car crashed then the man got out the truck and fired a gun scared me i locked my doors called the police . we have never had that happened before people have gone nuts he got back in the truck and took off before the police got here. the woman had a little child in there finally got a tow truck and all has left now. this is a quiet neighborhood but people cut thur to get to a main road sometimes. makes you want to stay inside. be safe everyone i keep my doors locked all the time

10. MrsSoup

Wow HW2, that would be really scary! I hope they catch him!
    Pamela- I'm glad Vic gets to come home early. Thinking of y'all and all of our other east coast friends.
    Hope Shannon and Kimberly are okay too!
    Debbie- Crazy Rich Asians was really good!

DH helped me with a couple problems but I think i'm going to have to set up a one-on-one with my instructor or use the Math Center for help on the others. I did go on my run. I did 2.15 miles and ran the entire way!! I did the first 1.3 miles and got back to my house and decided to keep going. My goal was 2 miles and then I would walk but I decided to keep running until I reached my house. I'm pretty happy with myself. Now I have a goal to beat. I started to get a slight cramp in my side but I just pushed through and it stayed pretty mild. I need to start drinking a lot more water if i'm going to be running.

I better get to making that appointment with my instructor!

PamelaG likes this.
  11. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hi all! Still cloudy with intermittent rain.

Enjoyed the movie and I think DH did too. I remember that we both enjoyed the Joy Luck Club too, many years ago.

Just ordered myself a ticket for the Cher Show when it comes to Broadway in previews in November. A treat for me - don't know anyone else who would be interested. It's close enough to my birthday that I can consider it a present.

Laundry is coming along and I think I can get one more night out of Sunday's leftovers.

HW2 - how frightening!
    Pamela - I heard that some ships were sent out to sea - be careful and evacuate if needed
    Jess - congrats on your run; math has never been my strong point either!
    Lucie - glad you have such a positive outlook on your new position; it's certainly your old bosses loss
    AJ - crafting! yes!
    Lana - it's always laundry, isn't it?

12. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning,
    We too remember September 11th. A changing day for the whole world.

Wednesday here and another busy day. Optometrist this morning for annual eye check. While I am at the mall I will hopefully get photos printed and have a quick look at Target. DH has written track pants on his Christmas list and I hope I am not too late to get them. It is Spring here and all the warmer clothes are out.
    No DrillDance tonight, out of the 5 of us 2 cannot make training so best to have a night off.

Please keep safe in the path of the storms.

13. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Yes, all the ships are gone. They will float around where it is safe rather than risk being slammed up against the piers in the storm surge. We're watching the forecast although it looks a little less threatening for us as of the 5pm forecast.

14. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

HW2 that is so scary!
    Day went well but did not go to my new job as computer has not been moved yet. Tomorrow will be the new start. boss wanted to see me again this morning to defend his point... don't care, didn't say anything. Let him think what he will.
    Sleepy tonight

15. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Well as I was walking out this a.m. the washer was almost done and Allen said he would put into dryer. Came home tonight and still in washer. :( :( so now they are getting rewashed.

Allen called about 3:25 and said he would tell me before I heard it. He just had the fire department get his hand out of a piece of equipment. It was off and trying to do something and it got struck. It was swollen. He came home took about 3 aspirins and slept alittle and went back to cut hay. I left work about 4:30 to come check. Mom was still here and then she ate with us. He told them he was fine when he called but they also paged an ambulance and helicopter. When fire department got there they cancelled the other 2.

Mom and Teigan were outside playing soccer when I came home.

Allen should of mowed grass here like he said he was going to do this afternoon!!!!!

HW2, Pam and all be Safe!

Lisa, how are you guys fairing out there?

Gotta go shower.

16. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Good evening!

Went to the pain doc this morning. MJ went along with me. Then she treated me to lunch at Cracker Barrel! After that we went to Ollie's. Got Jay a Bible cover either b/day or Christmas. I have a few things bought so far.

Doctor refilled my Rx for Tramadol. I need to run to Target tomorrow to get it filled. Anyway, she checked with the surgeon's assistant, and I might get my trial neuro stimulator a week from Friday. Yay! I have hurt today. A lot! So I have rested since I have been home. Hoping to get things done around here tomorrow. MJ's DGS will help me take things to the thrift store. That will help a lot! I have small boxes of stuff. Then maybe Norm will come hang some art on the walls.

That's all for me. I have been praying for all of you in the path of the storm. Please be safe! Take sanctuary when you are told to evacuated! Praying for all of us on this day of remembrance!

17. MrsSoup

Afternoon!

I made an appointment with my instructor. I originally made it for tomorrow and then thought I had better reschedule it just in case we do end up losing power, so I rescheduled for Thursday. I can't do much else until I get some help from her. So I started watching the Thirteen Reasons Why series on Netflix. I'm on episode 3 now. Depending on how it turns out, will determine on whether or not i'll allow DD to watch it.

They have been doing work at the cemetery in front of the house all day. First they cut down half a tree, not sure why they didn't just take down the entire thing because now it just looks ugly standing there like that. Then they used a piece of machinery to pick up all the pieces and put them into a truck. Now they are laying some type of pipe for who knows what and using a machine that is very annoying. The dogs keep barking here and there when the noise level changes and it's driving me nuts. I have a headache coming on, probably from the barometric pressure change as the storm approaches, or dehydration from my run this morning.

I moved the grill inside the garage but still need to do the front porch items. We'll stow them in the utility closet that is not to be used for storage so i'm waiting until the workers leave so I don't have an audience. hehe I really could use a nap. I would have coffee but it doesn't sound good. Gasp! They have not cancelled school for tomorrow, although they said earlier the worst is supposed to hit our island around the time everyone will be making their morning commute and kids will be heading to school. Go figure. It also sounded like we will have more of a wind event than rain. Time will tell.

Lana- Glad Allen's hand is okay!

Stay safe friends!

18. sweetpumkinpye

Back from the Optometrist. Every thing is OK there. He saw the tiniest hint of a cataract in my right eye but he said he was just being cautious and it will take years to develop if it does.
    Popped into Target and got DH 2 pairs of track pants so I can tick that off the Christmas list. He is hard to buy for so I am glad when he actually writes something on the list.
    Got DD a vase (DS will give it to her) and picked up a new pair of work pants.
    Double date tonight with DH, DD and her BF so no need to make dinner here.

Getting a bit of a headache, maybe from the eye drops, not sure.

19. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Hi! Were doing okay. The rain has stopped for now, and things here are receding. I posted a picture of the boat launch we use at the lake on fb. Can't even see the parking lots or launch because the water rose so much.

Not much going on here....just getting through each day. Somber day with the 9/11 anniversary.

Stay safe in the storms. Peace and blessings-

20. sweetpumkinpye

Dinner plans changed. Will go to dinner tomorrow night. Means I had to cook...bugger. Pasta and sauce for us.