Tuesday Talk 1-14-2020

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by teachermomof2, Jan 14, 2020.

1. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good morning!

2. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

It's another mild day weather wise.

Heading to school, then home for the evening. Thank you for the prayers. The community is really hurting.

Dinner with the moms was very nice. The food was good, too.

Have a blessed day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  3. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Good morning, Everyone!

Lisa, I was so very sorry to hear of what happened in your neighborhood. It deeply saddens those left behind. We never know what people are going thru. That's why the saying: when you don't know what to be, be kind. It is as simple as that.

Last night I was very tired, but I managed to fight the pain to unpack and put everything away as well as my laundry that I did before I left! That is a biggie. I did not get my tree dismantled so will try to get that done today, and take the Christmas stuff to storage, while the temps are still pleasant. I will have Christmas with DD and family tonight. I think I left Mike's two gifts-books and Starbucks g.c.-at Jay's. I hope not. I accidentally took them with me down there. I don't like these disjointed Christmases. I don't care who has it, but let's do it all together on one day.

Today is Stephen's 44th birthday. I usually offer to call him at the moment of his birth! But that little snot doesn't want me to. Grrrr. He kept me awake at 3:03 a.m. I think it only fair I do him the same kindness. Lol!

This getting old is for the birds! I am so tired! I don't sleep well. I hurt all the time. Ugh. And I am quite concerned for Jay. He is bi-polar, and is really suffering right now. He hates it. The last two times I have been there, if any cooking is done, I do it. He goes out to eat quite often. When he went to the grocery after work on Friday, he did not get much. He does take his lunch for work which he eats at 8 p.m. Please pray for him. Jennifer has physical hurts, and he has the mental hurts. One thing for sure: you never stop being a mom.

Sure hope you all have a great day. Stay safe and be blessed. To our Canadian family members, stay warm!

teachermomof2, luludou and Ahorsesoul like this.
  4. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Morning!

Lisa, so sad for the neighborhood.

To be about 55 this afternoon.

Got home from the meeting about 7:35 last night. One of the longest we have had.

Before work yesterday a.m I piled on this stuff on the bed to go thru! Allen worked on it while I was gone!

Allen will go with his aunt today to see his uncle at rehab. He had part of a leg removed back in November.

I better go eat and pack lunch.

Have a GREAT day everybody!

teachermomof2 and Ahorsesoul like this.
  5. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

Now that I am feeling human again I am up and ready to head to school to volunteer in the classroom. The teacher told me they had been dealing with head lice last week so hopefully the critters are gone. I can not tell you how many times I have done head checks in my career as an instructional assistant. The school was always changing the rules as to who was to check. Teacher, office staff, instructional assistants, in the office , in the classroom it was constantly changing. The last 2 years I was there they hired a part-time nurse and if she was in she checked.

Lisa, it is always so sad when incidents like that happen.
    Lana, thank goodness Allen was able to help unload the bed.
    Pam, did you find your meds at home?

Create an wonderful day for yourselves my MHH friends, you are the only one that knows just what you need.

6. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Yes, Jody, I found my meds at home! I figured out that I fell asleep before I would have taken them. My mind is a terrible thing to waste!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  7. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Good morning, everyone.

I'm at work a little early, and boss isn't here yet. As many of the staff as can meet in the morning and he goes over anything we need to know about. Then, he prays for the day and what we'll face coming in and for patients we know are having surgeries, cancer treatments, etc. It's nice working for someone who's a Christian and to work in that type environment.

I'll get off at 3:00 today. DH and I plan to work at the house when we get off. Seems there's suddenly so much to do now that the roof is going on.

Katrina, hope you felt better once you were home and able to take a shower.
    Jody, glad you're feeling better.
    Lana, any reason for the longer meeting.
    Pam, glad you made it home safely and were able to accomplish so much. Prayers for your family.
    Lisa, glad you had a good time.

Hope you all have a great day!

8. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello all! Sunny and 80"s again today. They're expecting "winter" to return next week with temperatures in the 70"s;)

Got to Michael's yesterday and bought what I needed to get my album ready to receive my scrapped masterpieces. Also got dog food and some half price toys for Buffy to rip up - that seems to be her greatest pleasure. Read a bit and knitted quite a bit - I am enjoying this latest project I am working on.

DH is out some where. Walked Buffy and worked on making some more reservations for the August Caravan. Some sites/people are so easy to work with - and some are not.

Debating going for a pedicure now and doing some food shopping. Would like to see a movie in the afternoon. Jeopardy tonight! Will Ken win it all???

Jane - don't work with an agent you don't like - I'm sure there are others
    Jess - glad that you had such a wonderful rapport with the principal - should make things easy for you
    Pam - did you find the gift cards???
    Lucie - glad you enjoyed your time with Xavier
    Lisa - what a terrible thing to happen. I'm sure the whole community is in shock
    Jody - lice - almost as nasty as bed bugs!
    Lana - Allen is always so helpful!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  9. girlsinmo

girlsinmo Well-Known Member

Just popping on a minute to say hello and see how everyone's day is going. We've been up a while( little over 4 hrs as I write this) but it seems like the day is dragging. Might be cause I feel lousy and I'm cold. Seems like the older I get the easier it is to get cold.

May you have a good day. Wish I felt like talking more..

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  10. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I took Nyquil before bed so slept pretty well, still tired this morning though. I just realized I forgot to take my morning meds before I came downstairs. Duh! I need to do the checkbook this morning since it's payday for us. I work today 8-1 and then will come home and wait for all the kids to get home before I kick them upstairs and attempt to get a testing time immediately to get this Objective Assessment out of the way. I want it done! I would do it tomorrow morning but I have an appointment so won't be home.

Eli needs a hair trim badly but the wait time yesterday was too long so maybe i'll try again today. I'm going to email my host teacher today and introduce myself and see if she wants to meet in person or just coordinate over email.

Lisa- Glad dinner was good, enjoy your mild weather while it lasts!
    Pam- I hope you find the gifts!
    Lana- Nice of Allen to start going through all that stuff. Sorry the meeting was so long.
    Jody- Head lice..yuck! I hope it's gone!
    Jane- Glad a new roof is being put on! When do you think you'll move over?
    Debbie- A pedicure sounds wonderful, I need one badly!
    Feel better Tricia!

Enjoy your day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  11. FrostyShimmer

FrostyShimmer Well-Known Member

Morning all,
    Girls are all sick and I woke up with my throat and sinuses feeling not so great. I told the girls I'll let them watch a movie this afternoon, an unusual treat for them which is more for me because I hope to pick something they've seen so many times that I can just fall asleep :)
    It snowed a little here overnight.
    Hope everyone is having a good day.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  12. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Jody, what a wonderful saying. We do have the power to make our days what we want. I am going to go into this day with that as my motto.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  13. sweetpumkinpye

Good morning.
    Normally I chat to you all while eating my breakfast and drinking my coffee. This morning I need to have blood work done and it is a fasting test. My new Dr wants a baseline and then we will make a plan. While I am at the little mall I will do my groceries. I don't have a big list but I am sure that things will pop into the trolley anyway, I am a bit of a food hoarder.

Home and will prepare for DrillDance training and see what the rest of the day brings. Meatloaf with bacon and mashed potatoes for dinner so will need to get that going at some stage.
    Better go so I can get home and eat.....
    Much love xoxo

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  14. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Well-Known Member

Hello! Beautiful day. I opened windows for an hour, but it was too cold to leave them open any longer.

I was up early to fix pancakes & shakes for the kids' breakfast, and then I took them to school. Stopped for a few groceries on my way home. We'll have Sloppy Joes in pitas for dinner, with chips & salad.

Dishwasher is going and the last load of laundry is in the dryer. After lunch I need to go to the library, the bookstore, see if I can get the car smog checked and registered, and Wal-Mart if I'm not too tired. Think that might be stretching it - I'm already too tired. And...I've already talked myself out of going out - I'll try again tomorrow.

The bunny died early this morning, on the way to the vet. The kids will not be told until tonight after gymnastics & swim. They will be heartbroken. Dd is already checking the animal shelter online for a couple replacements. She's talking a male & female, have a litter of babies, and then neuter. We raised rabbits when our kids were young - she remembers how cute the babies are. And prolific.

Have a good day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  15. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Afternoon!

Work was good, I even got to work in Guest Services for a little bit. I talked to my boss today and they want to keep me on so i'm no longer considered seasonal. She also said that the only way to keep me on during my observations is if I can continue to work at least one day a week. So I will plan to do that and work a weekend morning every week to keep my job and then go back to what i'm doing now after my observations are complete. She said it was fine as long as it is temporary.

The lawn service guys took down the tree limb that was broken while I was at work, so no more worry about that falling on my car. DH applied for his graduation (Bachelor degree) today, not sure when it will be yet. Apparently DS was threatened by DH this morning that if his room wasn't cleaned by the time he gets home from work, he's kicking him out of his room and he will clean it for him. Not sure what else was said but when I reminded DS of it when he got home he said that DH said a lot of mean things. :rolleyes: His version of mean things are the truth and that isn't always pretty or what he wants to hear. Sometimes tough love is exactly that...tough! He lives in filth and even when he "cleans" his room, it still isn't clean.

I need to take my objective assessment so i'm about to see if there are any times available. If not, then I guess i'll have to come home after my chiropractor appointment and take it then. I was going to meet my friend for breakfast I think afterwards, but this test has to get done...that is priority.

FS- Sorry you are all sick. Get some rest!
    Katrina- Hope the bloodwork turns out okay.
    Deb- Sorry to hear about the bunny.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  16. sweetpumkinpye

Bloodwork went OK, I have a small bruise coming up but not too bad. Did the groceries and spent more than I planned but under budget. The price of fruits and vegetables has gone up dramatically since the fires so that added to the budget, I suppose meat and chicken will go up too. Nothing you can do about it but to cut back in other areas. Will need to watch that over the next few weeks.
    Better unpack and move on with the rest of my day.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  17. jampss

jampss Well-Known Member

Today was cleaning day. And I visited "Paris". Years ago, wasn't that the saying on here??? DS16 got up and got to school but had an social anxiety moment with they all were grouped up for an activity and he wasn't comprehending and had a moment of brain freeze and felt stupid. Poor kid. But he texted me and after he calmed down and thought about it ... it wasn't the end of the world. I asked if he wanted to go talk to the folks in the disabilities office or the high school dual enrollment office. He took the bus home and we talked more. I mentioned he should check out his teacher's office hours and go speak with her.

Sad to hear about what happened in your neighborhood.

Getting old is for the birds, for sure!

Ack! Lice! We had that 2015 ... from neighbor kid ... :eek:

Roofing ... my sister is gonna have a metal roof put on next week.

Yeah, this warm Florida weather .... yuck ... I want some winter here! LOL

Sore throats ... not fun.

Bacon mashed potatoes sound yummy!! :D

Sorry about the bunny.:(

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  18. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Hello there!

Stayed up late last night so I texted Vic to call me this morning to make sure I got moving. As soon as I finished talking to him, I got an alert that work had a two-hour delay. Not much snow at our house but the roads are icy. Don't ask what I did for two hours - email, Facebook, a little budgeting, a little You Tube - so pretty soon it was time to hit the shower. Got dressed, put my makeup on, made my lunch and packed my bag and then another alert, my bus was cancelled. No bus, no work. Called in to my office and got undressed from work clothes and into comfy house clothes. Did a little of this and a little of that and a lot of nothing today. Felt like such a fraud about midday when the roads looked clear but it is what it is.

Two hour delay already called for tomorrow because we're supposed to get more snow tonight. We'll see what happens with the bus!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  19. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Evening! gym, work, busy, busy.

Night

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  20. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hello, everyone.

We had loads of rain today. Creeks are running full. One school let out early because their cafeteria was leaking. DD and DDIL are leaving tomorrow after work to go on a cruise. I haven't even asked where they're leaving out of or where they're going. Probably Mobile and to the Bahamas. It's become a traditional trip every year at MLK weekend. I'll pull tag team "baby sitting" with DDIL's mom. She'll have tomorrow, Thursday, and Sunday night. I'll have Friday and Saturday night and Sunday day.

I called the credit union today and talked to a different person. She was nice, helpful, and said I should ask fer her if I needed anything else. I sent her an email afterwards thanking her for being helpful and patient...something the other person was not!

Work was that...WORK! Software issues today with the diagnostic test. My assistant and I worked three hours getting it to work on our tablets. After lunch, two of them wouldn't open the app again. I brought them home, but I haven't had time to look at them, yet. My assistant's daughter is having tubes put in her ears tomorrow. Poor baby...she has had it rough for about a month. I hope it helps her feel better.

DH and I worked on one of the doors at the new house. I think we got it closely matched enough that one door won't have to be replaced...that means one door going back. Yay! I touched up paint and painted the trim in the bedroom we painted.

Jess, we have a carpenter who is supposed to do some work inside the house...some structural work in the attic. I'm not sure when he can get to it...hopefully soon! I'm thinking maybe 6 weeks to 2 months we'll be in the house?? DGS#1 starts baseball Thursday (will be too wet...was supposed to start tonight). If we go to ballgames, it will take longer because time we would work on the house, we'll be at games.
    Lucie, sounds like a hectic day.
    Pamela, can't help if the bus isn't running.
    Jampss, glad DS was able to manage the anxiety. Maybe progress is being made?
    GrammaDeb, sorry about the bunnies...dgks will be sad. DH's brother used to raise show rabbits for the kids to show in 4H. The kids took care of them, but he bred them.
    Katrina, I hadn't thought about the food prices...
    Jess, that's good to find out you can stay on by working just one day a week...and that you're not seasonal anymore!
    FS, hope you got to rest while the girls watched a movie.
    Tricia, layer those clothes so you're warmer. I hope you're not getting more sicker, instead of well.
    Debbie, what kind of plans are you making for the caravan in August? Going anywhere interesting?

I better get on those tablets I brought home...I'll work some, but I'm not going to knock myself out. I seriously think it's a software glitch. He says it's our tablets (tablets the company that created the software recommended)....SMH....

Night, everyone.

Ahorsesoul likes this.