Tuesday Talk 1-21-2020

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by teachermomof2, Jan 21, 2020.

1. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good morning!

2. teachermomof2

Popping in to say hello before heading to school. I have to wrap my mind around it being Tuesday. The student teacher returns today. Wish me luck...I had dreams about it last night. Seems that my anxiety appears in my dreams these days. I guess that's a good way to work through things.

After school, I'll stop by my parents' and deliver their Anniversary card...49 years. So hard to believe they made it that long. o_O Then home for dinner and the usual evening things.

Jessica...how are you feeling today? What was your procedure called? M's dance teacher suffers from migraines most days and is looking for a way to get relief, as well.

Have a blessed day!

jampss, GrammaDeb and Ahorsesoul like this.
  3. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Hi Lisa and All!

Back to work today after 3 days off. I should get off early Tues, Wed, Thurs. I think. It is my week off but with the holiday I won't get Thurs. off so they wipe out overtime or I can keep it the OT. I am sure if given the choice I will come home.

Stuff to still do in my room. BUT looks so much better and even feels better not piled up so. I decided to let the curtains and mattress wait till I am done.

Allen has the 2 totes packed and still some to go.

Lisa, hope it is a good school day for you.

Jess, also hope you are doing good and that the procedure helps.

My space key is starting to stick some. I type and then have to split words at time.

Teigan came home last night. Jaymee was home all week-end and she went to eat a early supper with a lady from work and called to see if we were home. Her ex MIL brought her here. Ryan came home from work not feeling good. Teigan said wow the FR was clean, what did you do? Gave me the thumbs up on the bedroom and said looking good! They went home and then her and I had a race to see who would get out of the shower first. She called and was already in and she called again when I was drying off and said she won because her shower was done and she was soaking. I said no I am drying off and then dressing but she still said she won. LOL! She wanted to stay and play last night so made a race for her to leave.

Have a GREAT day everybody!

Last edited: Jan 21, 2020
  4. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I did not sleep well. It started off fine but I woke multiple times and couldn't get comfortable, my neck was just sore and I couldn't find a good position. I tried one pillow, no pillow, each side, my back, etc. I finally got out of bed at 4:30 and came downstairs because I couldn't take it anymore. I am off this whole week and I don't have any plans today until meeting my host teacher this afternoon, so i'll just be taking it easy at home today unless I decide to run out to Target to pick up some things the Commissary didn't have when we went. I need to do some studying for the praxis II because I haven't yet. I have my mentor call this morning as well. I should check my list and see what else I wanted to do this week for the house and maybe tackle that.

Lisa- Happy Anniversary to your parents! My anxiety comes out in my dreams too. My neck is sore today but other than that i'm feeling good. I had to go through a pain management office and the only paper I have that says anything about what it was says "diagnostic (B) C2/C3 PMBB w/fluoro". They didn't put the steroids into my neck this time, but if this works then I think when I go for my follow-up and let them know how I felt afterwards, they will schedule me to do it again with actual steroid injections that should last quite a while. They started in the C2/C3 but there were a few different locations they could inject. Since I have so much neck pain they thought that maybe my migraines were "false migraines" due to inflammation in the joint space between the vertebrae. I would suggest she try to get into a pain management clinic or try to get referred for the Botox, i've heard great things about that as well.
    Lana- It's nice to have consecutive time off! Having a clean and organized bedroom is very nice! I need to get ours together. It's not horrible but needs some work in some areas.

Enjoy your day!

5. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Hello, Everyone!

Today, my dad is celebrating his 101st birthday in heaven. I am sure it will be a wing-dinger. I miss him so much. And the month of doom continues. Except for Stephen's b/d, this month is full of sad memories. I try not to dwell on it. But it is kind of hard when it smacks you in the face.

Hope to work in the kitchen today. Maybe I will eat breakfast and then take a shower! That sounds like a good plan.

I bought one of those love thingies at Dollar Tree. I want to go thru the pics I have of Samuel to decoupage on it for DD and DSIL for Valentine's Day. I think she will be more sentimental than he will. But who knows? I have not decoupaged in quite sometime. Hope it works out.

Jess, hope the relief will continue for you! You sure do suffer with those STINKIN migraines!
    Lana, sounds as tho you have made lots of progress in your room! Good for you!
    Lisa, congrats to your parental units for 49 years. Hope your day goes well at school!

I hear frosted mini wheats calling my name! Better go answer! Have a great day! Stay safe and be blessed!

6. FrostyShimmer

FrostyShimmer Well-Known Member

Morning all!
    Cold here today.
    Poor DD6 didn't want to get out of bed and go to school today. She cried for about an hour. She says the only thing she ever liked at school was recess and the new teacher makes them all sit until every single kid is quiet before they can go outside. That means they miss most of recess and only get 2-3 minutes. She says by time she puts her snowsuit on it's just about time to come back in. She was so miserable I felt so bad for her. DD9 was home sick and DD6 was saying how she wished she was sick so she wouldn't have to go. I put an extra treat in her lunch. She's not learning anything there, so she's just there to socialize, which is what makes me hesitant to pull her out. She loves being with all the kids, but now she says they don't get time to play together, so I'm not sure there's much point. She used to cry when they cancelled school because she didn't want to miss seeing her friends...now she cries every day she has to go.
    I cleaned out and reorganized my fridge today. Took a long time and DH wasn't too happy with the huge mess when he stopped by - he never gets you sometimes have to make a mess during the clean-up process :)
    I have a vegetable stew in the slowcooker for supper - hope it's good!

Mrs. Soup - I hope the procedure helps with your migraines.
    Pam Spaur - We have a month like that too....it's hard not to think about it.

7. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Well-Known Member

Good morning to you all! It's a beautiful day!

I fixed vegan pancakes for breakfast - they're pretty good - with blueberries on the side.

I took the kids to school and dropped off my dvd at the library in the way home, let the piggies out to play, fed them their veggies, and unloaded the dishwasher. I need to load it and make my bed, and then I can finally get a shower and get my day going. Haha. Actually, when I get close to my bed it's probably going to grab me and not let me out for a couple hours.

Have a good day!

jampss and Ahorsesoul like this.
  8. MrsSoup

I have cleaned out the refrigerator and freezer of old food and taken out the trash, poop scooped the yard and put the trash can to the curb because it's trash day. Then I unloaded the dishwasher and put all the dishes away and put the little bit on the counter into the dishwasher. Took Eli to school and came back and vacuumed the entire downstairs. Received an email from the host teacher that said her workday isn't over until 3:00 and asking if I can come there at 2:30 instead of meeting at Starbucks. o_O I don't know why she didn't just say that in the first place instead of telling me to choose the location, I told her I didn't care where we met. So now i'm going to the school instead.

DH just left for work, no news yet on the promotion, but the official list doesn't come out until Thursday although I would think that most Sergeants Major would have access to the advance list today, but who knows. We'll see what the day brings. He's too humble to ask anyone. Now i'm going to sit down with my new PW cookbook that I received for Christmas and see if there's anyone that strikes my fancy. I'll make a list and grocery list to accompany. Then i'll head up to Eli's room to begin working there.

jampss, Ahorsesoul and GrammaDeb like this.
  9. girlsinmo

girlsinmo Well-Known Member

Good day everyone. It's been a long day. We got some more laundry done. I boiled a dozen eggs earlier, we'll eat them through the week. Have a crock pot dish ready for supper along with some Christmas dressing from freezer to warm up. And onion with butter & spices on it ready to go in the oven. Be glad when it's supper time.

Lisa Congrats to your parents on their anniversary. Praying your nighttime anxiety decreases soon.

Lana hi enjoy your days off.

Jess sorry you didn't sleep well. I hope the procedure helps your migraines. Hope everything went well with your host teacher.

Pam the Valentine's gift for Samuel sounds so sweet.

FS praying school gets easier for your DD.

GrammaDeb hope you had a good day.

Have a good rest of the day all..

10. MrsSoup

Afternoon!

DH didn't make the selection list. :( I think he is fine with it, but I shed some tears. He texted to tell me and I had just gotten out of the shower. I was banking on this to get off this island. I think the kids will be disappointed as well. He really deserved this but such is life. It wasn't meant to be and there are bigger plans for us. He emailed Branch to see if he can rescind the extension so we can leave the island this summer as we were originally supposed to, we'll see what they say. There may be hope yet.

I worked in Eli's room and got it organized and cleaned up and then I took a shower. I moved all the blankets and such that I washed yesterday upstairs to our bed, but didn't have the energy to put them in the linen closet. I chatted with my friend on the phone and then sat down and got on my computer. I had my mentor call earlier this morning and have my classes with deadlines set for my next term starting on the 1st. I think it will be a whirlwind and from what she said, longer tasks for the classes, but I don't think there are any objective assessments, just performance. However, she said to start on them right away when the class starts because they are long. I'll be doing the PCE on top of that with it's own set of tasks so i'm thinking it might behoove me to go ahead and put in my two week notice to Target. I was going to try to keep my job but from the way she was talking, it might be too much. It sounds like i'm going to need all my extra time to do schoolwork and spend what I do have with my family outside of that. :oops: Ugh! The sacrifices we make. It will be worth it in the end...I hope. I will wait to do anything until DH hears back from Branch about our future here. I hate all this uncertainty.

I did sit down with my cookbook and marked several recipes that I want to try. Most of them are chicken, one is a margarita and there is a dessert and shortribs.

Tricia- Nice you have dinner all figured out! Wish I could say the same.
    Deb- Enjoy that nap! ;)
    FS- Poor DD6! Your dinner sounds delicious too!
    Pam- Thinking of you!

11. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning all,
    A late start for me today , I was up early and wrote a quick shopping list. Went to the shops and run into a friend who I have not seen for over a year. I was best friends with her partner for over 40 years and then suddenly I was cut from their lives, not sure why. We had a great chat and it all seemed fine so not sure. I will text her in the next week or so and see if they want to catch up for coffee but if not that will be fine. I miss them but if that is how it will be it will be. I will survive.

Got some pottering around to do today and have to get ready for DrillDance training. I have not done my lesson plan yet, suppose I should get onto that.
    Hamburgers fro dinner for the boys, I am not sure what I will be eating.

12. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Evening. Did not sleep well last night, been awake since 3:15. ugg!
    work today, lunch with cw's.
    supper was ham & potatoes in the crockpot.

Night

13. MrsSoup

The host teacher is great and I can't wait to work with her. She said she didn't need a schedule or anything, her room is completely open to me to come and go as I please. That is very generous since I don't know what appointments I may have come up, so I was very appreciative of that. I told her that I would be in as much as I could be to try to get done as quickly as possible.

DS was texting me earlier that his pain was really bad again and the Tylenol they gave him wasn't helping. The nurse for our doctor called right after to check on him since they saw he was in the ER over the weekend so I scheduled him an appointment for tomorrow. However, once I got home from meeting the host teacher I asked him if he needed to go to the ER. His abdomen is tender to the touch and it hurts when I lift his leg. If it is the same thing as Saturday it is just as bad pain-wise as it was then, if not worse so they need to figure it out. I'm not completely convinced it's just his lymph nodes, but i'm no doctor. However, he is taking his sweet time in deciding if he needs to go in or not. :rolleyes: We were there for 5 hours last time and I really don't want to prolong going in if that is going to be the case this time. Teens!

14. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hi, everyone.

A better day at work, but still no answers about the problems with the computer software. Dr. R's son looked at it and says he, too, thinks it's the software, not our tablets. So...upward and onward...it's just good to know that someone else is looking for answers besides me. I know you all are probably tired of hearing about it.

I talked to the (rude) lady at the credit union today, and she apologized for her attitude toward me and was very courteous. I left the intent to purchase agreement at the house we're buying for the son to pick up and get signed by all the siblings. The credit union is sending me title search company names, because we'll have to get a title search done...will wait until all the succession is taken care of. Now, I want new living room furniture. haha!

I left work at 3:15, went to the store, and came home. A lady who goes to our church had back surgery. I cooked supper and took it to her. At work tomorrow, we're "pounding" two co-workers...one who bought a new house, another who just got married...so, I picked up stuff for that, too. Have washed a couple of loads of clothes and swept.

Jess, I surely hope the injections help. Sorry about the promotion for Chad.
    FS, I hate for the girls that school isn't what they hoped it would be.
    Lucie, I hope you're sound asleep and sleep well all night.
    Lisa, happy anniversary to your parents.
    Lana, it's nice that you can come home early. I think that's what I would do, too.
    Pam, that sounds like a neat gift for DD.
    GrammaDeb, did the bed grab you?
    Tricia, supper sounds good. I need to use my crock pot more.
    Katrina, sounds like a busy day you had. Strange how we lose touch with people over time.

Night, friends. Hope you all rest well.

Ahorsesoul, jampss and GrammaDeb like this.
  15. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Well-Known Member

No, I didn't let the bed grab me. I fought hard and won. I did a lot of nothing much today - should have had that nap. I'm ready to go to bed, but I have a few things to finish up. I hope y'all have a good night's sleep.

Ahorsesoul and jampss like this.
  16. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Just got home from DrillDance training and DD was here with BF. They got engaged last night and came over to tell us. So now I will have to call BF DFSIL. I am thrilled for them both, he is a perfect match for her.

17. teachermomof2

Congratulations!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  18. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Katrina - congrats to your dd & dfsil! :)

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  19. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

Congratulations!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  20. MrsSoup

That is great news Katrina! Congratulations to them and your family and his!

Ahorsesoul likes this.