Tuesday Talk 11-27-18

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by teachermomof2, Nov 27, 2018.

1. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good morning!

2. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

We have about 2 inches of snow this morning with more on the way. The wind is brutal. Heading back to school today. Only 3 days for me....personal day on Friday for me! I can do this.

I put a Mississippi roast in the crockpot for tonight's dinner. J is hunting, so it will be easy to keep warm.

Hope you all have a lovely day!

3. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Same températures as Lisa here. Did not sleep well was awake from 10:15 to at least 12:45. Tonight I have acupuncture, roads will be a mess, they are saying snow and winds all day.
    Last paint class at noon.
    Gotta get to work have lots to do this Morning.

Later

4. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Morning!

I am dressed but going to pick some stuff up before leaving.

Got down to 20 last night. Wind was terrible Sunday night. Areas had tornado warnings and others got 4" of snow. We had rain and thunder.

I will see Teig P tonight! She left Friday about noon so has been different.

Everybody stay warm and hope you accomplish whatever you plan to today!

Lucie, enjoy paint class.

Lisa, roast sounds good and warm!

Have a GREAT day!

5. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Good morning!

It is cold here, too. Just a little bit of white crap. It needs to go away. Or I do!

Just general stuff for me today. I need to clean up my kitchen and do some tidying up. Then sew. I think I will just make a simple design apron for Jennifer. She isn't a frilly, ruffle type girl. I am gonna put some brown Rick rack for trim. I like it against the pink background.

I keep losing my list. I should wear it around my neck, but you know how paper dissolves in water! I wouldn't be able to shower! Lucie, that one is for you! Bwa ha ha! I need to get presents situated so I know what is needed. I think I know, but....

Praying for safety for all. Will talk to you later. Be blessed.

6. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I thought we were getting rid of our old tree, but DH came home last night and after dinner started cutting the old lights off of it. It's now an unlit tree and I fluffed it and he put it up on the high shelf like ledge on the stairs. We'll put lights on it and decorate it. I'll put a picture on FB when it's done so you can see what I mean. It's definitely a unique situation but it's what I wanted, I just didn't think it was going to happen. hehe

I need to get to the Commissary and Post Office this morning and start looking at my Learning Task for my class so I can start work on that. I might go shopping for more decorations as well. Although i'm missing a tote that has all my wreaths in it so I may have more garland in there, which is mainly what i'm looking for but I need something for the banister going up the stairs too.

Lisa- That is just ridiculous about the veneer. I would file a complaint about the office and then demand that another dentist in the office fix it for free...again. And tell them that if they don't do it right this time you're filing a complaint with the ADA. haha
    Lucie- Be careful!
    Lana- Crazy weather!
    Pam- The apron sounds really cute!

Enjoy your day!

7. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

Good Morning,
    I got up and dressed right away this morning after a sleeping in until 8:30 (to many late nights staying up late at Mom's) I went through another box of my high school stuff and the kids baby keepsakes. Pared it down and have a couple of messy looking boxes to go through while watching Hallmark movies.:)

DH has the car warming so we can take the paper to get shredded.

Be back later.

8. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Active Member

Good morning. It's a beautiful day in Sunny Las Vegas. A little chilly right now, but bright and sun-shiney. We should get into the low 60's.

I asked the kiddoes, this morning, what they would like for dinner if they could have anything they wanted. Tater tots. And chicken. The freezer is full of chicken, so that part is easy, but I need to buy tater tots. That really isn't a problem because I have to run to the store anyway. The towels are in the dryer, and when they are finished I'll get a shower and head out.

Have a great day. Be safe while you're out & about.

9. luludou

well, my painting was almost done. Just had a small correction, signature and Apply varnish…. the darn varnish was too old so it left long strikes across the painting. Had to redo the background. It is not to my liking might have to work on it at home and will Apply a good varnish at home. The one for the class was thrown in the garbage :(

10. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hi, everyone

DD21 and I got her roommate to the airport. We haven't heard from her as we don't think she can text of call us, but she said she would try to let us know about things via Facebook. The unfortunate news is both DD and I got sick with DH's stomach bug, but are praying her roommate doesn't get it. I started feeling sick just before we got to the airport, and DD got sick about two hours after we got home...around 9:00 last night. We've both had fever over 101°. That makes two days out of school for me this week, so it will be a three day workweek for me if I'm clear of fever by tomorrow. We always tell the kids 24 hours fever free, which I haven't been.

Christmas presents started arriving yesterday. It looks like I'll have to start wrapping...haha...as most of them are too big to hide! I certainly don't feel like tackling it today, so a sheet over them in a corner may be all they get until I feel better.

Lisa, ugh! Hope you enjoy your personal day Friday.
    Lucie, it must be frustrating about the painting. Be careful in the weather.
    Lana, it's cold here today, but supposed to be in the 70s beginning Thursday.
    GrammaDEb, sounds like an easy supper.
    Jody, it sounds like you're making good headway on going through things.
    Jess, maybe the surfing will happen! I bet that will be interesting to see. DD's roommate has an uncle and his family and her maternal grandmother in India. Her paternal grandparents are there, too, but they are not very involved in her life.
    Pam, I love pink and brown together. I bet she'll love the apron!
    Pamela, I'm glad it feels good to be back at the old job.

Hoping you all have a good day.

11. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning,
    It is cold here this morning, rain and thunder. Not going to be a very pleasant day.
    Not too much on my list. A few weeks back we got the front door lock replaced as it was sticking. The new one is now not working so the fellow is meant to come over at some stage to fix it.
    I would like to do a few things in the kitchen and I would like to start my writing my Christmas Countdown. I have 25 cardboard ovals that you write things on to do. Sort of like an advent calendar. i was meant to do it weeks ago.
    Need to pull out storage containers for Christmas baking at my mum's tomorrow too.
    Dinner tonight will be something simple, I am thinking that chicken and tater tots (we call them potato gems) sounds just great.
    DrillDance tonight and that is it for the day.

12. cmerth

cmerth Well-Known Member

looks like everyone is busy today!!

I am too!! I baked another batch of Christmas cookies and I already have them in the freezer. Will bake 2 more kinds next week. I have two families gifts almost all ready to mail. I need to work on more tonight. Kiddo came home from school and made himself a snack. I had chores for him but it is so blasted icy cold out that I am not going to push him to go out. He can't get sick now... he has finals in a couple of weeks.

I worked on the family reunion stuff this afternoon. I totally forgot to make the 50th anniversary flyer we are mailing out in a few weeks. I still need to tweak it... not sure I like it. I have so many activities going on with the reunion that I am forgetting important details. NOT good.

I am sleepy today. My oxygen kept falling off during the night. I might need to tape it on my face at night. I have a oxygen deprivation headache today. Those are better than migraines but still not fun.

I got glutenized last night. There was pasta in our fancy rice package last night. I didn't realize that until I had eating my portion. I had a major autoimmune response to the gluten and I am not enjoying it one bit. No more fancy rice packages. Just plain white rice. Ick!! After months of no major autoimmune flare ups... this is miserable. I have been drinking water and resting as much as I can. :(

Well... I need to go type a recipe into my blog for Thursday. Peanut butter, chocolate and caramel. I was good and didn't eat one. NO gluten!!!

13. MrsSoup

Afternoon!

All i've accomplished today is a shower and grocery shopping. I have watched some recorded shows as well. I had my mentor call this morning, almost forgot about it but luckily my phone reminded me. I tried some really good coffee at the Commissary that a woman was offering as a free taster. It's a Hawaiian Kona coffee. I tasted an iced English Toffee I think and then a hot mocha. Both were delicious and she gave me the recipe for the iced one. You can use any flavored coffee for it. I will be making it for sure. The mocha was really good too, I ended up buying a bag and it was inexpensive at $3.99. I was just looking on Pinterest this morning for DIY coffee recipes.

I have not gone shopping for decorations. I need to find the elves because I have no idea where they are and I need to move the finished totes back out to the garage since DH hasn't done it yet and I want to look for my missing tote. I'll decorate with what I have first and then decide if I need more. I picked up a Lunchable for myself for lunch but need to decide what i'm making for dinner. I thawed out two packs of chicken tenders yesterday but only used one. I made some really good homemade tenders last night, the recipe is in my "Food" board on Pinterest. You use mayo and spices to coat the tenders and then bread them in cornflakes/parmesan. They were delicious. I even liked them and i'm not crazy about chicken.

Jane- I'm sorry you and DD are sick. I hope the roommate doesn't catch it! I'm glad she has family in India to help her.
    Katrina- Great idea for an advent calendar!
    Carrie- Sorry you got glutenized! I hope the reaction passes quickly.

14. luludou

Was a good workday. Angry cw left at noon, she is sick and will be out until the 29th, much lighter atmosphere. Went to acupuncture tonight - it went well. Have another one scheduled for next week. Have to reschedule for the bathroom cabinets, was at the same time.

Lunch & clothes are prepped for tomorrow. will go to bed in a few minutes.

Night

15. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Another great day at work - so many hugs from another set of former co-workers, lovely to see them all again and catch up. Bus stop is super convenient so it was a relaxing ride to work and home again - no parking fees, no traffic, no dark and wet freeway. Home now - my ottoman was delivered a day early so let's hope the couch is on a similar schedule.

I think I'm still on East Coast time - I'm wiped out and in bed by 9:00pm and then wake up at midnight and at 2:00am and then get up at 4:30am. This has to stop! I shouldn't complain, I'm thankful that I haven't had any problems getting up at 4;30am or been found fast asleep in a corner somewhere at work during the day! ;)

16. MrsSoup

The elves have been found!! I also found my missing tote but I can't get it out because of where it is. I was just able to lift the lid enough to see what was inside. DH will have to get it for me. DS went to work after I nagged him about it. I let him take the car. I made it known that if he expected to keep borrowing the car he better take his a$$ to work since he didn't go last night. He wants to drive it to school tomorrow but I might like to go shopping, so we'll see. Maybe DH will take the bike to work so I can have the truck.

I still haven't decided on dinner. :( I should probably figure that out. Luckily there's a few options. I looked over my task this afternoon for my class. Doesn't seem too overly complicated, the slides I read from an instructor said it will take at least 10 hours (the videos are 1 hour each and there are 10) and then the time to fill out the form and do the write-up, so 2-3 days once I start on it if I keep working on it consistently. It's not a paper persay, but very specific questions to answer in paragraph form hitting on certain points for each paragraph. I'll start on it tomorrow.

Lucie- Glad there's a break from the angry cw.
    Pamela- Sounds nice to be able to use public transportation!