Tuesday Talk 2.13.18

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by teachermomof2, Feb 13, 2018.

1. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good morning!

2. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

It's a cold 15* here this morning. Brrr. Yesterday morning was a mess. M's school refused to send a bus down the mountain due to the road being untreated. We watched the state truck spin and fish tail up the mountain. John took M to school. I guess they delayed the start of the elementary students and would have picked up M on the elementary bus and taken her to school, but they never let us know about the elementary delay, and called my cell to see if she needed picked up at 9. smh John took her in on his way to work. I made it to work without any issues....low gear and 4x4 on. The school bus was spinning on the road this morning, so I'm hoping to not have any issues today.

We celebrated the 100th day yesterday. I think the kids had a good time. My 3 loud talkers were absent, so it was pretty quiet, even though I had coverage for another teacher again. Sigh.

We ran all over town last night delivering subs while M was at dance. I have a few to take to work, then that will all be taken care of!

Does anyone here have a steamer for clothes? M's dance costumes need steamed, so I'm looking for recommendations.

Today will be school, dinner and then meeting with the financial advisor this evening.

Have a great day! Take care of you, too!
    blessings~

3. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Morning!

Wow Lisa quite a start for your day yesterday!

I cancelled my mammogram that for 6 last night and rescheduled for next Tuesday when I work the Centralia branch. Will be about 3 or 4 blocks from hospital then instead of the 35 minute drive or so. Will leave about 45 minutes early for it.

Jaymee had kickbox class and Teigan wanted g'ma to give her a bath so I did that. Then we just kind of chilled.

Need to get a few things printed out here before work and try to find Teig Ps Valentine Day card I brought. Might leave early to go get a few things to make a Red Velvet Cream Cheese Bundt Cake for work tom.. Will see.

Have a GREAT day everybody!

4. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

It's Pancake Day for those of you with British connections, or Shrove Tuesday otherwise. I'm off to the spouses' group board meeting this morning and then home for the maintenance man to look at the sink. Almost caught up on Project Life, just a few more journal cards to print. It's a chilly low 40s day today with rain so it sounds like a good day to look for things to do around the house.

5. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Good morning all! I think that Tampa is aiming for a record of 80*+ days for February this year - another one has started@

Enjoyed the visit to the scrapbook store. Got paper and stuff and the owner gave me a fold out chipboard photo album she had made. It had a Jewish theme and when I mentioned that I was delighted that she stocked Hanukkah paper she said - you must have this. I was delighted! Will fill it with Hanukkah pictures taken over the years.

Did some grocery shopping but need to do more. Must hunt up the recipe for the gumbo that I hope to make.

How are people dealing with Valentine's Day falling on Ash Wednesday? It hasn't happened since 1945

Waiting to see if DH will want to go out and do something today.

Lisa - glad everyone got where they were going safely
    Pamela - good that you're catching up with your scrapping - I should do the same today!
    Lana - good idea to move the appointment

6. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Active Member

Good morning. We are supposed to have rain today, but if we're going to get any rain at all those 2 clouds out there better have some babies.

I went with DD to her doctor appointment yesterday. She needs 2 knee replacements but the doc won't do it because she is still so young - 42 - so he keeps her supplied with pain pills. We went to the pharmacy for her pills and spent too much $$ on Valentine stuff.

This morning I'm trying to finish yesterday's laundry. I will have DH put together another set of shelves this afternoon, so I can unpack a few more boxes - office supplies this time, which includes card-making stuff. And I think I will sweep out the guinea pig cage. 4 little piggies make quite the mess - I forgive them, though, because they are just so adorable.

Have a great day everyone!

7. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

It's raining here this morning so i'm driving DD and her friend along with Eli this morning. I was going to try to get my workout in this morning but I think i'll push it to this afternoon instead and head to Walmart for the Valentine's stuff this morning. I won't want to go this afternoon and it HAS to happen. I won't want to workout this afternoon either but I will. I need to set out hamburger this morning for dinner tonight.

I'm at the USO this morning for two hours from 10-12. They are doing a spouses coffee before they open this morning but I won't go. I'm sure there will be leftovers and spouses still hanging around by the time I get there for my shift. Had I known they were doing that when I signed up, I would have just signed up to volunteer for that instead and not the 2 hour shift. However, they didn't know about school being out yesterday until they called me about volunteering so I think I prompted them to have this coffee by informing them about it. haha Oh well.

I think i'll pull out the Mardi Gras plates for dinner tonight and we'll all wear beads. Have to do something with them since Bunco was cancelled last month. I better get moving and get Eli's lunch packed and myself dressed.

Enjoy your day!

8. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Morning all MHHers

DD and LC1 are still at work this morning. So all it very still here this morning.

I'm doing my laundry since I was busy doing the taxes yesterday. Today I should be working on a report but I'm doing anything else I can find. I still haven't found 6 months of bank statements. I'll head to the bank tomorrow if I still can't find them. I'm sure I put them in a place I wouldn't forget. I know I didn't shred them. I also have tax records back to the 80s that probably should be shredded. lol

This years Valentine gifts for the LCs and DD are a stuffed toy theme. LC21 has a german shepherd, LC1 has a Yorkie and DD is getting a cat that looks like Twillow. She had one many years ago but lost it when one of the group home people took her to an ER visit. No they didn't offer to go find it or replace it. I had called the lost and found at the hospital but they didn't have it either. Probably was in her bed and the laundry service tossed it.

I'm off to try and work on my report.

Order or buy something for your self today.

9. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

I'd love to see your Mardi Gras plates - can you post a photo?

MrsSoup likes this.
  10. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning, Valentines Day here.
    A busy start to the day, have taken DD to work, gone to pathology to have blood drawn, had breakfast and have hung a load of washing. Talked to CW once already today :rolleyes:
    Need to write a grocery list for shopping tomorrow and decide what will be for dinner tonight, it will no doubt contain potatoes as I bought 2 bags of potatoes last week at a great price.
    DrillDance training tonight and This is Us starts tonight so will have to get DD to record it so we can watch it later.

Hope that you all have a great day

11. MrsSoup

I'll try when I get back from picking up the kids, they are just paper plates from Party City. LOL

12. MrsSoup

Made it to Walmart and picked up things for the kids and DH. Nothing special just candy and chocolate. Then I had to run by Marilyn's to grab a letter she needed mailed and she needed a stamp. Then home to change my shirt, pick up my Shakeology I made earlier this morning and head to the USO. My two hours went quickly and DH stopped by to see me at the end. Now it's time to head to pick up the kids. Since the weather is crap today I have to wait for DD to get out as well. I just downloaded two new books on my Nook so i'm set. When I get home i'll have to get straight to my workout.

I actually really enjoyed the Shakeology this morning. I was hoping I wouldn't because it's so expensive, but I did. I suppose I should offer to pay my neighbor something for the bag she gave me.

13. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Good evening.

Busy day today. MJ needed to go shopping. We ate first, and then took our time at Walmart. I got several things. Spent too much. But DD made me choose cooking utensils when I moved, and I was rushed. Now I am having to replace a lot of them.

By the time I got home I was too pooped to do anything. Now, tomorrow I will have to take MJ to the doctor for her follow up from surgery. Her son was grouchy when she called him, and he said, "Just have Pam do it!", and hung up on her! She has to be there at 8:30 in the morning. Ugh. I better set my alarm, because I am definitely not used to being up that early. We will have to leave no later than 7:45. I will try to go to bed early.

It was a beautiful day today. In the mid 40s. The next few days will be rainy. Oh joy, oh rapture! On that happy note, I bid you good night.

14. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Shopping list done. Just about to go out to the garage and tidy up freezer...yikes.
    CW has rang twice more, let's see if she breaks the record for the most calls in a day. It's frustrating because I need my work computer in front of me, it is trying to solve problems by remote.

DH is home today, not feeling well. Hope that I don't get what ever he has.