Tuesday Talk 9.4.18

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by teachermomof2, Sep 4, 2018.

1. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good morning!

2. teachermomof2

It's another hot and humid day here. Looking forward to the 89* temps with a real feel of 93.7* plus humidity today....said no teacher ever! Several school districts are dismissing early in our region, but we are not. The kids are miserable in the heat. We've experienced this type of heat before during the start of the school year, but not for 2 weeks consecutively. Looks like no relief until Friday.

We ended up working the fair yesterday because 2 people cancelled their shifts. It was so hot! I ended up taking M home earlier than expected because she was not doing well with the heat.

It's back to the grind.....stay safe out there Jane and our gulf coast friends! Everyone in the heat, be sure to stay cool!

take care....blessings and peace....

3. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Hot and humid here too! yuck! Back to work this morning and started it off with gym. We did not sleep well last night, we both were tossing and turning.

Have a great day

4. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good morning yes another hot day here too. so over it. have some housework and a couple errands to do today. will be more fall out too. enjoy your day . stay cool

5. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Southern Illinois will also be hot and humid! Lisa, would they call school early once you get there and see how it is?

Would like to be home. Should get off alittle early (3:30-4) since holiday yesterday I don't get my Thursday off and I work Saturday so there will be overtime they will try to get rid of or I can stay but.....

TOTALLY need to go grocery shopping and clean the fridge out first!

I better go pack a lunch of some type---maybe......

Have a GREAT day!

6. AuntJamelle

AuntJamelle Well-Known Member

Hot and HUMID here as well - heat index will be near 100 - Boo!!!

Power went out yesterday at 1PM - didn't come on again until late last night - which didn't help!

Back to work today - so awesome - ha! Will be taking DS to karate class after work today then home to VACUUM which I needed to do last night but couldn't with power out.

Also will be making chicken noodle soup which I intended to make last night but...best laid plans :) Have a new Keto noodles recipe I'm going to try to go in it for DH's meal plan. Roasted the chicken yesterday morning so the meat is ready to go.

7. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Good morning all! Hot here too. 90's+. It seems that summer lasts longer every year - and spring comes later to make up for it. My theory is that the seasons are subtly shifting!

Today I go to the dentist. It will probably be a longer appointment than anticipated since I now have a chipped tooth - and will probably require additional appointments depending on what she wants to do about it. Then Dollar Tree and BJ's for the essentials. Tomorrow DH and I work on the basement since we will be having the holiday dinner there on Sunday. Thursday is a doctor appointment about my hands and Costco - it's never one stop shopping with me. Friday I get the fish for gefilte fish and the challahs. Saturday cook and bake and Sunday make whatever I did't on Saturday. Rosh Hashannah dinner for 10 on Sunday night and Monday - NOTHING!

Jess - hope you can find something to treat your knee
    Aunt Jamelle - ugh - hot and no power! Glad you made it through
    Lana - why is it that we never accomplish all that we want to on our days off?
    HW2 - I need to put out some fall stuff too - Labor Day is the start of fall to me.
    Lucie - hope you can make up for the restless night
    Lisa - hope your district relents and lets the kids out early - no one will be learning anything

8. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Hello everyone,

Very quick check-in - Vic's orders have changed, things are up in the air, lots of logistics to sort out, will be back with more news as soon as I can.

9. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

Once I get the kids off to school, i'm going to pick up around here and then go to Zumba at 9. I have my mentor call at 10 but should be fine. We got done at 9:55 yesterday and she has been calling a little late anyway. I'll come home and shower and then run to Sam's Club for meat and juice boxes and whatever else finds its way into my cart. Then i'll come home and chain myself to my desk to do schoolwork. I need to get through all my videos for this unit and take notes before I can start the homework. I want to get the final two units done this week so I can take my assessment next week and move on.

DD is helping the Daisies tonight to start finishing up her hours for her PA badge so she can become a Teen Mentor. I need to figure out what dinner will be. I do have a list, just need to decide. I finally got accepted to the Stroller Warriors group here on post and their workout is this morning but I want to Zumba more. I'll go to theirs on Thursday since I can't go to Zumba tomorrow because of a PTSO meeting. I'll have to figure out how to divide my time between the two because I want to go to both.

Looks like we have two hurricanes coming our way, Norman and Olivia, but they are both going to go north of the islands and miss us. We may get some rain or wind from them but nothing major.

Lisa- I know the northeast typically does not stay super hot, but I sure wish they would have a plan for when it is for you guys. Kids don't learn when it's hot like that in the classroom. It's just miserable for everyone. Stay safe and drink lots of water!
    Lucie, HW2, Lana- Same goes for you, drink lots of water!
    AJ- What makes the noodles keto?
    Debbie- Hope your appointment goes well!
    Pamela- Oh my! I have wondered where you've been. Please keep us updated, will be thinking about you and that you get things figured out (I know you will). You know what they say about the military, have Plan A, Plan B and then Plan C and Plan D, etc.

Enjoy your day!

10. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Active Member

Good morning. We had a bit of rain last night at bedtime. It sounded nice.

The kids had a sleepover at their friend's house on Sunday night - yesterday the mom gave them only a box of donuts for breakfast. 4 donuts each. What kind of a healthy breakfast is that? They all came here for lunch - dsil gave everyone a grilled cheese sandwich. Then dsil fixed dinner last night - chili dogs. Now, I love donuts & grilled cheese sandwiches & hot dogs as much as any kid, but that's too much fat & bread and not enough other stuff like protein & dairy & fruits & veggies.

The kid's alarms didn't go off this morning, so I woke them up...15 minutes late...drill sergeant style. Haha, those kids MOVED! They haven't gotten ready for school that fast in...ever.

I'm enjoying the peace & quiet, thinking about a shower. I'll sit with my neighbor from 12:30-5:30, so I put dinner in the crockpot this morning. Guess I better get moving. Have a great day everyone.

11. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

I forgot to post this morning. Bad Pam, bad Pam!

I will join the heat club. It is miserable! The heat indexes are in the 70s! And the humidity is an added burden. I need to run to Walgreen's but don't want to go out! I am so tired. This weather will be the death of me.

Had quilting this afternoon. I was a little short tempered. But I dealt with it. MJ and I tied two quilts. We didn't have any to do when we first got there. Felt bad about just sitting there. But my back was hurting so much.

My nails have been breaking off something awful. When one breaks, they all will! Ugh. I have so much to do and no energy to do it. And that will finish them off for sure.

Better go do that errand. It won't do by itself. Isn't that rude? Good grief!

12. MrsSoup

Afternoon!

Zumba was great again. There were many more people at our community center than the other one so it was a little crowded. I got home before my mentor called so that was good. Once I spoke with her, I jumped in the shower and then got ready and headed out to Sam's Club. I got hamburger, chicken and steaks, a pineapple and some cheese and juice boxes. I used the Scan and Go app so didn't even have to wait in line, I paid with my phone. I was in and out. Tomorrow I may run back over that way to stop by Massage Envy to see about that lip stuff she put on me during my facial and run by TJ Maxx to see about some more workout gear. I have one pair of capris and that's not going to cut it.

Now i'm getting ready to start taking notes for class. Lawn maintenance has already been through here so it should be nice and quiet except the traffic going by. DS texted and asked if I would take him to get applications today. He needs to make a list first of where he wants to go. Some places may do online applications.

Later!

13. teachermomof2

Good evening!

Glad to be home in my cool house. It reached 87* in my classroom today. We were not allowed to take students outside due to the heat and humidity, but it was okay to keep them in my 87* classroom. :rolleyes: So many little ones were feeling ill from the heat. I have 2 fans going, blinds drawn, not sure how else to make it cooler in there. We get most of the midday sun. I had baby wipes in the fridge, but they were frozen....mini fridge fail....so I couldn't even give them those to place on their necks. Tomorrow will be more of the same. Lots of controversy about schools getting out early due to heat....seems that we, in our younger years, sat through the same levels of heat and survived. lol

Just got off of face time with H after finishing some school work in the comfort of my home. Now it is time to shower and relax for the night.

Pam...sorry you are in so much pain.
    Jess...yay for you and Zumba!
    Jane....any storm issues?
    Stay cool my friends!
    Waving hello to you all!

~peace and blessings~

14. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Was a busy day at work, which is good. went out at lunch and bought some corn on the cob for dh's supper and some blueberries.
    dh's counter-offer on the house was accepted. Have mixed feelings, don't want to rain on their parade but we find it way too expensive for them and it won't sell easily where they bought it. well we can't say much, not us paying for it. they should be moving in december, hoping they can rent their appartment and not have 2 places to pay
    DH is not very happy.
    'Night

15. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning all.
    Back from the doctor, latest blood tests are good so I am happy. Made an appointment for eye test and need an appointment for pap smear and then all medical is done for the year. Looking after a body is tough work.
    Did a little bit of shopping at the mall and got a few great Summer dresses and some capris. Probably set for Summer clothes. Will check Winter clothes soon and grab anything that is on clearance and put away. I am happy to pay $5 for sweat pants or hoodies for next year.

Doing a little cleaning and the out to pick up DD, take her to her job interview and the some lunch. DrillDance training tonight and that is it for Wednesday.

Lucie, It is hard when we see that our children are putting themselves in a situation. Not much as parents that we can do sadly.

Hoping that you all get some respite from the heat very soon, I wonder if it means this Summer for us will be a hot one.

teachermomof2 likes this.
  16. MrsSoup

Evening!

Lisa- So sorry the heat is still so awful there! Good idea about the baby wipes, sorry they froze.
    Lucie- Yes, sometimes you just have to let them figure it out on their own. Hopefully it won't be an issue.
    Katrina- So DrillDance ended up okay?

I got my notes taken for my class and then went to start the homework and couldn't because I never did the precheck. :oops: I had to go back and do that. I still ended up getting lots wrong, which is a good thing because when I get problems right on the precheck it gives me credit for them on the homework and then I can't do those problems and I need lots of practice so I want to do all the problems. LOL Now i'm ready to start on homework, not sure if I will now or wait until tomorrow. Eli and DD are outside for the time being and DS just went upstairs. I might take a break and do some reading on the porch. Later I need to divide up the meat I bought today and get it into the freezer.

I'm going to go check the mail before anything, stretch my legs a bit. :)

teachermomof2 likes this.