Turkey Day 04 2014

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Yes, another Turkey Day means it's one month closer to Thanksgiving. Have you given it any thought?

The more prepared you are the less stress you will have for both Holidays.

Do something today for Thanksgiving. You deserve less stress and a happy Holiday.

So this person says they carved this out of Maple. It is lovely but I'm afraid I would do it with mod pod and really leaves over a balloon. I think it is beautiful.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andiwolfe/4406829349/in/set-72157608750167541/

DawnSu

Premiere Member
Sep 8, 2008
Missouri
I am not ready for this day to come even if I have months to prepare. Thanksgiving was my Mother's fav holiday. This is going to stink.....I do not even know what to do. I have actually thought about going to the big city to my son's for that day.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I am not ready for this day to come even if I have months to prepare. Thanksgiving was my Mother's fav holiday. This is going to stink.....I do not even know what to do. I have actually thought about going to the big city to my son's for that day.

Going to your DS's is a very good idea! Keep your Mom's traditions alive by telling stories about her.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Well, I might send some printables off to Costco. It's one of those things I say I'm going to do for decorations each year and never do. I also eyed a new sweet potato casserole, I think I'll go back and check out that recipe and print to put in my recipe list for sure.

I played with the candy molds this weekend, so I'll have some practice before I make all those wishbones for Thanksgiving. They were a big hit at the party Saturday, so I think it will be a nice surprise or everyone on the other side of the family.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I did get my printables ordered...not only for thanksgiving, but 4th of July and a couple for Halloween as well.

I also printed my sweet potato recipe and a recipe for Pumpkin Spice Scrub. I thought I'd share that in case anyone might enjoy it. http://www.pinterest.com/pin/72972456433813186/

snowlvr

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Western North Carolina
Love Thanksgiving! I look for Thanksgiving decorations in the thrift shops and dollar stores all year...DawnSu, that is a great idea, they say after a loss like yours it is helpful to do something different at the holidays, especially the first year.

DawnSu

Premiere Member
Sep 8, 2008
Missouri
it is planned to go to Springfield, which is whee 2 out of my 3 kids live. & my dd & grandbabies r even going to go with us. so its' in the making to have thanksgiving at Nathaniels, apartment. just doesn't seem right.... but