Valentine's Day 2017

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Do you celebrate Valentine's Day? Post your decorating ideas, crafts, food, and anything else here.

Reactions: Minta

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
I do celebrate Valentine's Day! I always decorate. I put hearts in the windows of the house, decorate the mantel and hutch, add red touches wherever possible. I usually make us heart shaped pizza for dinner, along with molten chocolate cakes for dessert. This year I have an exec meeting after school and H has a hockey game at 6 pm. We may "celebrate" on Monday evening instead.

It's one of my favorite holidays!

Reactions: Minta and jampss

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I try to celebrate. I don't decorate too much, just a little here and there but I do try to make a special dinner for the kids. However, they all have dental appointments that afternoon and I have Scouts that evening. :( So, we may have to do it the night before or after.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
It will be falling on a Tuesday, so will probably have a chinese fondue the saturday night before. I will decorate a little

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
Decorations- no. Luke and I do a small gift for each other. Nothing fancy. There is usually chocolate involved- but not sure this year as we still are eating through the mound of sweet stuff that we have left over from Christmas. Merlin and Kelso usually wear a red ribbon (tied like a big bow) on their collars- or they do until Merlin gets tired of them and rips up Kelso's while she is wearing it! She lets him. Not sure what will happen this year as she will still be in recovery from her surgery.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
We don't decorate for Valentines. I give the family a very small gift and really that is all we do.
DH and I celebrate our wedding anniversary on the 22nd of February so we normally celebrate more on that day.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Yeah. Don't really do much. When DD24 and DS13 were little, when drew up cards and such for dad and decorated some around the house.

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
We do not do much. I try to give all the grandkids one of those small heart shaped boxes of chocolate. That's about it.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
DH and I sometimes go out just for dessert, and not always on Valentine's Day (to avoid any crowds). I make cards to mail to DDs and DGDs. We like to go to Cee's to get them chocolates, too. All needs to be mailed ahead of time though.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
We do not decorate for Valentines. Sometimes we go out to dinner, sometimes we make dinner at home, all depends on money and what we feel like doing. For the past 3 years I have made Pioneer Woman's chocolate Devils and will do so again this year.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
I do celebrate Valentine's Day! I always decorate. I put hearts in the windows of the house, decorate the mantel and hutch, add red touches wherever possible. I usually make us heart shaped pizza for dinner, along with molten chocolate cakes for dessert. This year I have an exec meeting after school and H has a hockey game at 6 pm. We may "celebrate" on Monday evening instead.

It's one of my favorite holidays!

That sounds like a fabulous Valentine's Day meal. I have a heart-shaped pan somewhere.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
It will be falling on a Tuesday, so will probably have a chinese fondue the saturday night before. I will decorate a little

What's Chinese fondue?

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
We don't decorate for Valentines. I give the family a very small gift and really that is all we do.
DH and I celebrate our wedding anniversary on the 22nd of February so we normally celebrate more on that day.

I'm pretty sure Vic will be traveling over Valentine's Day but he'll be back for our anniversary. We're very close to you - 26th of February.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
We do not decorate for Valentines. Sometimes we go out to dinner, sometimes we make dinner at home, all depends on money and what we feel like doing. For the past 3 years I have made Pioneer Woman's chocolate Devils and will do so again this year.

Chocolate devils? I'll have to check those out.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Thank you for the responses! I'll decorate a little, slip a card in Vic's suitcase since he'll be gone, mail a Valentine goodie to Sophia, and treat myself to one of the tiny boxes of Godiva - the one that has two small chocolates in it while I watch some sort of romantic movie. Actually, I just remembered that I am volunteering that day so I'll be ready for a relaxing evening when I get home.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
fondue.jpg
Fondue chinoise

Thinly sliced steak cooked in a bouillon, serve with sauces and an oven-baked potato

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
Lucie, you have talked me into it. I LOVE fondue. We will have cheese fondue with bread to start, steak with sauces and follow with fruit and chocolate fondue. We used to have a great Fondue restaurant here- I will have to check if its still open.

I picked up some heart shaped mints today for Luke as part of a small Valentines Day gift.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I lost my decorations in the fire and haven't replaced :( Would like to at least make a wreath for next year!

We will be getting take out from our favorite local Mexican place and having a "picnic" in the living room :)

I'm also working on a treat for his class.

BTW: I had a brainstorm the other day - When shopping Post-Christmas clearance sales I saw a lot of those little food sacks that people buy for gifting. Many were just red or red/white polka dots or stripes. Those would be perfect for filling with treats for classmates on Valentine's Day! Added this idea to my after Christmas shopping list!

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
That sounds like a fabulous Valentine's Day meal. I have a heart-shaped pan somewhere.
Thanks! Since H is bringing his gf over we are going to order in some pizza and appetizers and have our dessert of Molten Lava Cakes tonight. Should be fun. They are going out on Monday night, so he would miss the family dinner, so we'll do it tonight.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Thanks! Since H is bringing his gf over we are going to order in some pizza and appetizers and have our dessert of Molten Lava Cakes tonight. Should be fun. They are going out on Monday night, so he would miss the family dinner, so we'll do it tonight.