Valentine's Day Chat 2.14.18

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by teachermomof2, Feb 14, 2018.

1. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Happy Valentine's Day!

2. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

It's an unseasonably warm day today....go figure....over and inch of snow on Monday and now a high of 50 is expected.

Today is school, stop at the fish fry at a local church to pick up dinner, then home to eat and back out to go to Ash Wednesday service.

I'm having an ice cream sundae party for my students. I was scrambling this morning for spoons and napkins, as the families assigned those items did not send them in.....we need bowls too, but I have some Vday plates that will work if the bowls don't show up today.

The financial advisor was here for about 2 hours and we should have a plan in about 2 weeks. I'm probably not going to be able to retire as early as I'd like, but we will see.

Hope you all have a great day! Don't forget to spread some love today!
    ~blessings~

3. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Happy Valentines Day!

We are to be about 55. Nice tom. and cold Friday. Next week nice.

Last night we got Teig Ps Valentines ready. She made the T and I finished them. Then we made 2 Red Velvet Cream Cheese Bundt Cakes. One for the branch I am at and one for Irvington Branch. Will make one for Centralia when there on Tuesday.

Teigan had a pair of scissors in her bag she brought back on Sunday and we didn't know it--had toys in it. She cut her hair yesterday. She didn't have bangs before and now does and I must say they look really cute but on left side she cut some off. Thank goodness not the back or all of the side just put like a short layer. Pictures are Saturday. Think Jaymee will take her in to see what they can do. Could of been the whole length. Which her hair doesn'[t grow fast to begin with!

Ice Cream sounds GOOD!

Catch you all later! Have a GREAT day!

4. tanya

tanya Well-Known Member

Happy Valentines Day to All!

Been super busy so have not had an opportunity to post.

Have a great day all- enjoy the Day of Love!

5. tanya

tanya Well-Known Member

Lisa,

Yes we have 2 steamers- 1 a regular type one called a Pursteam and a smaller travel type handheld one. My cleaner is really, really good at using the big one- she says its a lot faster than ironing but Im not that convinced. It works well but either I dont do it right or Im just slow...It seems to do really well on my stuff which tends to be lighter fabric than Luke's but tbh with his shirts its just as easy to get out the iron. But most of our clothes are line dried outside rather than in the dryer so I think our items may require more to iron/ steam that those put into a dryer.

I love the small travel one but its a pain as it only hold a small amount of water- really only enough for 1 maybe 2 items at a time. This is more for refreshing clothing thats already been ironed and got crumpled/ creased.

They take a while to get used to using. If you get one make sure to practice first- when you first do it, its easy to leave a few water marks or to oversteam and damage the fabric.

teachermomof2 likes this.
  6. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning! Seems I did not post yesterday . Yesterday was -18C when we woke up and now it's -9C with a high of 0! nice :)
    1st day back to work went well yesterday but most are sick with the flu or the 24-hour bug. I've got a cold too but didn't get it from there as it started yesterday morning.
    Went to bed early but did not sleep well. Ears are plugged, keep on sneezing and a little coughing. Head feels like I have cotton balls in it.
    Taking a sick day today. So I went back to bed and slept on and off until 8. Washing my bedding to get the germs out. Will be a slow pj day... happy Valentine's day to me... atchoum!
    DD says it's ok at work people did not mention anything about her taking time off to be sick and she is less nervous so less stomach pain for now.

Lana - I think almost every kid does that at one time - cut off their hair.

Have a great day.

7. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

A friend works at a thrift store. They steam their clothes instead of ironing. I use to iron my clothes including my jeans but do nothing now. I do use the iron when I'm sewing which is seldom.

Nothing on the schedule (other than paperwork). I need to put DD gift in a bag. That's what I came downstairs to do but am here instead. Everyone is sleeping so it's very still in the house.

It's 19F (-7.2C) but should warm up to above freezing today. Tomorrow should be warmer but I think it will feel colder with the snow on the ground. It will make walking in the yard difficult when it freezing back up later this week.

I have Turkey Fry Up on my menu. I thought I had some frozen turkey but it turned out to be a small amount of the actual Fry up. It won't be enough for dinner. Maybe for lunch. So something else will have to go on the menu.

Wishing all a wonderful Valentine's Day. Do something good for your heart today.

8. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Good morning all! You are my special Valentines! Cloudy now but sun is on the way with more heat.

I made my gumbo, which was pretty good, and a chocolate cake which was OK. The cake was supposed to be a recipe from the Silver Palatte but not impressive.
    Well, at least I had the ingredients and I tried something new! Otherwise read, watched some Olympics and scrapped a couple of easy pages.

DH has promised to go out today and we will have a late lunch/early dinner somewhere. Otherwise I just plan to catch up n stuff in general.

Lisa - I'm sure the kids will love the sundeas
    Lucie - feel better
    Katrina - hope cw isn't too bothersome
    Diedre - enjoy the quiet house
    Tanya - hope things slow down for you
    Lana - I'm sure Teigan will get a nice haircut in the end

9. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Active Member

Good morning, and Happy Valentine's Day.

Last night the kiddoes made their Valentines for school but they will miss the party. Dsil will pick up both kids from school at lunchtime - dgs has his yearly heart checkup this afternoon. They are not happy about missing their ice cream party, but their Valentine goodies this morning made up for it (I think).

Today I need to wash DH's bedding and run to Wal-Mart and Home Depot. I'm going to make a cherry cheesecake - that's my Valentine contribution for dinner tonight.

Have a great day everyone!

10. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I have the kids V-day bags on the table for them ready to go. DD has already been down and looked through hers. They just have chocolate treats and a bag of their favorite chips and a little box of conversation hearts. Nothing major. I gave DH his too and he said way too much candy, but I told him he could save it and space it out. He got me a box of chocolates and a pop socket for my phone. I was eyeballing them at AT&T when we got his Gear S3 on his birthday. My hands are so small that I drop my phone sometimes when i'm trying to use it one-handed and trying to reach my thumb all the way across the screen. haha So hopefully this will help. He also left me little sticky notes on the coffee pot, in the cabinet on my coffee cup and on my laptop.

It's still raining here and supposed to continue for the rest of the week I think. I have NO plans for today on my calendar so i'll be staying home. I may run out to Papa Murphy's and pick up a take a bake heart shaped pizza for dinner. Maybe. I was going to make lasagna but I don't have any hamburger and i'm not sure if I even have any sausage to put in it. I would be fine with no meat, but DH likes meat in it. So if I don't have any meat, then i'll run out for the pizza. The kids would prefer that anyway, except Eli, he loves lasagna.

I'll get my workout done this morning so it's out of the way, clean up the house a bit and then see where the day takes me. It's early release day for the kids. I have a brownie mix in the cabinet that i'll make today for dessert tonight.

Lisa- Have fun with the sundaes!
    Lana- Oh no on the hair cutting. Seems every kid does it at some point though.
    Tanya- Nice to see you!
    Lucie- Glad DD feels okay being at work. I can't believe some people and their gossip. Ugh!
    Diedra- Haha I read your post as you needed to put DD in a gift bag. I must need more coffee.
    Debbie- Enjoy your outing with DH! Hope he does okay.
    Deb- Cheesecake sounds delish!

Enjoy your day!

11. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Good afternoon and Happy Valentine's Day!

Bangs trim and then a doctor's appointment for me this morning so I just got home. Time for a cup of tea and a sandwich. It will be a quiet afternoon.

12. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Hav done nothing! tried sleeping after lunch but just wouldn't work. I did declutter 1 journal (rewrote important things in a new book but scrapped at least 25% of what was there... took out all gossiping and personal thoughts in case someone reads them) Scheduled my May appointment for doctor.

Need to find something for supper... not feeling better... not feeling worse... just a blah!

13. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

happy valentines day to all. had anice lunch at cooper hawks. with one of my daughters. went shopping she got me a dooney and bourke handbag. got a smoothie later. tonite ill see the other kids and my grandson. hope everyone has a great day

14. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning,
    Waiting for my mum to turn up to go to do the shopping. Groceries at the mall and then home here to unpack. Nothing else on the agenda after that.
    Hopefully CW will not disturb too much today as I won't have access to a computer to help her out. Will see.

15. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

So what did you order for lunch?

16. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Afternoon!

I did laundry this morning, finished watching a DVRed show while folding, ran the dishwasher and made brownies. Then I got a really wild hare and went into DD's room and cleaned the entire thing. It took me a couple hours but I got it done. She lost her second school ID this year and swore it was in her room...it's not. Then DH picked me up and we went and grabbed lunch from Wendy's and came back here and ate and by that time I had to go and pick up the kids.

I just finished my workout and need to go shower quickly and get ready to head out and pick up heart-shaped pizzas from Papa Murphy's to bring home and bake. Nothing special on the agenda tonight except hanging out here. It's been pouring rain most of the day, we even had some thunder. The lights flickered once but didn't go off, thank goodness.

DH called me this morning and asked if I wanted to be the FRG Leader. I said nope, not a chance. He said he didn't think so but the incoming Commander was asking him (or begging him, not sure which) to ask me. Apparently when they were talking last week he mentioned that I was quite experienced at it. He also told her that I was getting ready to go back to school. Anyway, I said no and I didn't even feel bad about it. :D

17. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hi, everyone. Happy Valentine's Day!

I can hardly keep my eyes open, so this will be short. We dipped 150 dozen strawberries over the last two days, besides all the other bakery items we did...four of us working. After school yesterday, I worked at the bakery from 3:15 PM until 3:00 AM this morning. I was back at 7:00 this morning and worked until 4:00 PM today. Tired does not even begin to cover how exhausted I am. DH took a personal day today and did the deliveries...started at 8:00 and took him until 4:00 to finish. We had only two mix-ups, both easily rectified, thank goodness.

Tomorrow, my students have a career exploration fair. We'll walk each class, basically across the back parking lot, to the school board office where they can explore various vocational careers. It's mainly local businesses where students can talk to them to get an idea about what skills are necessary to work at the businesses. Thank goodness, I don't have to "formally teach" tomorrow. We'll leave for a short out-of-town trip after work Friday. I must say I'm ready!

DD20 left to go back to college. Her classes end on the 21st for this quarter. I got to spend very little time with her.

I'm off to bed, everyone....praying you all have a good night or day!

18. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Back from groceries, well under budget which was nice although did not buy meat, all too expensive.
    Picked up a layby and put another one on. Summer clothes are getting marked down so I go two dresses to put away for Christmas, 1 from me (from DH lol) and one from my mum. They will be great for next summer. Go a few DVD's one will go into DDs stocking.
    Always pleased to pick up a bargain. My mum got insulated lunch coolers that were 12.50 for 2.50 each. She will use those as gifts for some young people she buys for.

Just resting now before picking up DD.
    Have a great night all.

19. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

i had the baked chicken mashed pototoes green beans pretzel bread . very good