Wading Through Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by missjane, Feb 12, 2020.

1. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Good morning, MHH Friends!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  2. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hello, everyone.

I don't know what you have that you may have to wade through today, but for us it's water! One school system north of us is out today due to flooded roads. I'm pretty sure there are flooded roads here, too, or will be by the time all the rain that's to come today is over, but DH hasn't received any notice about school being out.

I awakened at 4:30 and couldn't go back to sleep. I lay there for almost 45 minutes, but finally got up. I needed to wash my hair this morning and will let it dry naturally. Another load of laundry is in the dryer, and the last load is washing. We have church tonight. DBIL is coming after he and DSIL get out of church to see about the door. They don't attend the same church we do.

I hope you all have a great day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  3. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning MissJane and all to follow.
    Jane - hope there are no problems with the flooding. You seem to be advancing along quite rapidly with the new house.

Work this Morning and this afternoon have an appointment at the hospital for an echography to verify my iud is still there (it is).

Have a great day

missjane and Ahorsesoul like this.
  4. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Hello!

Jane, the weather is strange all over, hope you don't have in flooding near you.

Hi, Lucie!

We are to get snow, then rain and then cold. Like I mentioned Friday a.m. now they say 8 and by Sunday 53 and Monday 57!

This weekend is the Midwestern Herb and Garden show at the mall in Mt. Vernon. When kids were younger we went all week-end long. They have talks with speakers all week-end long. Friday during the day (of course) is a couple I would like and then Sunday a couple. Will see.

Last night after getting home after 7 I just sat on the computer.

Teigan will stay tonight. She usually stays once during the week, and always does the week she is going to Ryans. And once in awhile she will stay on another nite. So probably playing tonight.

Schools here are out Friday for teachers meetings and then off Monday for the holiday.

Everybody have a GREAT day!

5. girlsinmo

girlsinmo Well-Known Member

Good day all. The second load of laundry is finishing off. It's raining again and supposed to rain all day. And supposed to be colder Fri. We will attend a Zoom online Bible study this afternoon. I think I need to drink some Cran-apple juice. I don't feel good today.

Hi Jane, Lucie & Lana may everyone have a great day..

6. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

DFIL and DBIL fly out today. I feel bad going to the classroom but I really need to go after missing the last half of last week, I just kind of disappeared after being there for one day. I need to get established in the room and get my hours going. I now have a little over 10, I average just over 5 a day since I have to leave early to get Eli. Not too bad I guess. My host teacher is wonderful, couldn't have asked for better. I think the guys are going to Haleiwa to the river this morning, sad to be missing that but duty calls.

DD is going back to school this morning and i've already gotten a text from DS saying he can't walk down the stairs. Maybe I should set him up in the front room and then he could go to school. ;) There's a thought. No stairs excuse anymore. I don't doubt he's still in pain, but i'm definitely questioning if it's as bad as he is making it out to be. I brought up his anxiety the other day and he got defensive with me.

I have my follow-up after my steroid injections in my neck this afternoon. I'm not sure they really did much to be honest. My neck has been sore but it could still be from the injections, just not sure. It's not the usual sore so there is a difference. I think my C3 is still out so that is most likely what it is from. I go to the chiropractor next week. I need to get my life and house back in order this evening. We are out of Eli's Ensure and out of anything else he could take for lunch so I guess i'll make him scrambled eggs and put them in the thermos. He really can eat real food but claims he can't. :rolleyes: My boys......SMH.

Jane- Be safe in all that rain!
    Lucie- Have a good day!
    Lana- Be careful in your weather too! Nice they get a 4 day weekend.
    Tricia- Enjoy your bible study and feel better.

Enjoy your day!

girlsinmo, missjane and Ahorsesoul like this.
  7. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Morning all MHHers

Yesterday the doctor was pleased at how well my finger joint has fused together and with my range of motion in the finger. I see him again in a few months. Have to remember to call for the appointment. Had a great lunch at Victoria's. Grilled salmon on a bed of stir fried spinach with fresh avocado slices and peppers with creamy garlic dressing.

Did not find anything at the shops they have at Mayo. I saw one blouse but they didn't have my size. Probably a good thing since most of the things are over priced. Another customer was watching me and the sales lady when I was looking at the blouse. As soon as I left that section she asked if they had her size and went to try it on. lol

I was out of the clinic before my appointment time. I arrived an hour early and they were able to get me right in for an x-ray and then the doctor came right in too. I was home by 4 pm.

LC1 isn't feeling well so went to the hospital. Not sure how long she will be recovering. DD and Dh did fine without her for the day. When I pulled up the neighbor and a friend were here to pick up the refrigerator he paid us for several months ago. They just took it up the outside stairs and down the road on our dolly. They also took the pool table that was left from the previous owner. Freed up a lot of room in the basement. I'm happy.

girlsinmo and missjane like this.
  8. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Well-Known Member

Hello. We have blue skies with a tiny bit of a breeze. I feel like I could have used a couple more hours of sleep.

I'm sitting with neighbor today. She usually sleeps the entire time I'm here, but today she is up, dressed, and breakfasted. I was looking forward to starting crocheting a baby blanket, but it's nice to see her. As soon as her dh gets home I need to hurry to a doctor appointment.

Have a great day!

9. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello all! Sunny and warm yet again. A bit cooler by the weekend.

DH has an ear infection so he went to the doctor and is now upstairs.

I'm proud to say I finished my scrapbooking of last year and the anniversary card I wanted to make to DS and DDIL. I think the next thing I will do is pay bills.

Jane - yes, safety features are a main selling point for the new truck. Just wish the darn things weren't so expensive
    Diedra - glad you enjoyed your favorite lunch. What is the problem with LC1?
    Lana - what will you do with all the lambs? Have fun with Teigan staying over
    Jess - sorry the injections didn't help - hope the chiropractor does
    Pamela - I think the whole far east is problematic as far as travel goes these days
    Lucie - hope today is a abetter day at work
    Hello Tricia and Deb

10. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Hello everyone!

I was up and out early this a.m. We are to get 3-6 inches of the the white crap. I wanted to get stuff at the store. Did not need much. But I called Norm to see if he needed anything. He is still suffering with his back. So I wrote down what he needed so I would not forget! He even paid for everything! And he thanked me for doing it. He would do it for me, and has. I even suggested yogurt. He was glad I did!

That is all I have done. I did not sleep much, so am really tired right now. I think a nap is in order.

Please be careful if you are getting what we will get. It will get colder by Valentine's Day. Grrr. I just cannot think straight right now. I gonna try for a nap! I am almost desperate!

Stay safe and be blessed!

11. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

LC1 came down with a cold after her cruise that set off some of her other problems. She will be better soon.

I have DD doing her laundry. We are on the last of three loads now. I helped her with her shower and hair washing. Then she put on some new lotion that came today for dry skin. If you haven't tried Smooth Gator for dry skin we recommend it. They have it in stick form for your feet that work very well.

I played with the dogs. Tossing their balls down the stair to give them some exercise. They are laying at my feet taking a nap. Dh went grocery shopping and to the hardware store for a few items. He was trying to get everything we would need for the next few days. We will be having below zero wind chills with high winds tonight and tomorrow. He put gas in my car so I wouldn't have any problems tomorrow when I take DD shopping at Macy's.

Three shirts I ordered from Macy's came today. Two fit but one was a size too big. I wear an XL but a 1X is too big. The two that fit did say to order a size small than normal but the other should say it in the description. There is about an inch and a half different in the bust sizes and a 3 inch difference in the lower part. A 1X will fall off my shoulders in the neck line. Do not know why they make the neck so big in the plus sizes. I have seen very few big women with huge necks. A lot of my friends who wear a plus size complain about the big necks. Anyone here have the same problem?

Dh just said he's napping until dog feeding time (4pm). Must have worn himself out shopping at the man stores today.

Wishing all a good evening.

12. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning,
    Slept poorly, anxiety is very high at the moment.
    Groceries today and I really must try and stay within my budget and not overspend. Time to rein in excess spending, we spend way too much on non essentials.
    When I get home I will unpack groceries and I will go through through the stockpile and freezers and make a good meal plan. Should have done this before grocery list but did not find time. I see a nap in my future somewhere too.

Continued thoughts for DS would be appreciated, it is hard being an adult some days.

Please take care in the snow and rain, keep warm.

13. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello again.

Congratulations are in order! I have finally read all 1,320 pages of The Tale of Genji! Really enjoyed it and I recommend it to anyone who has the patience and is interested in medieval Japan.

Paid bills, ordered backpacks for the upcoming caravan. Dinner soon and knitting tonight.

Katrina - sending a hug to you and yours
    Diedra - sounds like you're planning to get snowed in!
    Pam - you certainly did a good deed for N and he appreciated it.

14. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Hello there!

Finally, a day when things slowed down enough for me to stop by for a chat. Not much to chat about, same old, same old for the last few days. Work is steady, 4:00pm comes quickly, home for tea and toast and an episode of the Great British Baking Show (which I have watched SO.MANY.TIMES, I know the script but I still love it), a little computer time, and then figure out what to rustle up for dinner.

Another great book in progress, my Goodreads Want to Read list is full, I add to it every time I go to Barnes & Noble or when recommendations come out from others. I spend my lunchtimes reading and it passes the time on the bus ride home.

Good for you, halimer, you're motivating me to get busy and finish off 2018. I did a weekly album but I'm switching to monthly for 2019 forward. I don't take as many pictures as I used to and make separate albums for any trips and December so one spread per month should do it.

Have a great evening!

15. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Good for you! I was an Asian Studies minor in college and I can remember reading it.

16. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

I am in between XL and 1X. XL is to short in the length and 1X is too big in shoulders and bust. I have discovered 0X. That is not an easy size to find. I did find it at Kohl’s.

17. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

work was ok. left at noon for hospital. IUD is still in ther (knew it!) except that it is at a weird angle.. don't know what it means but it doesn't hurt. so now we wait for the removal.. should hear about that in 6 months.

Night

18. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

I did see the 0X not long ago. I will have to try it for size. Thanks

19. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Afternoon!

Had an issue with a student today being rude. I was given a group of students during math that need extra help and one of them has behavior issues. I attempted to help him on a part of the worksheet that he was doing incorrectly (the class was doing it together with the teacher) and he yanked his paper away and gave me the worst look and then I said something to him and he gave me another death look and walked away. I let it go and the other students went on their way. When the students were getting ready for the next thing the teacher asked me how it went so I told her and she pulled him into the hallway to talk to him and he came back in and growled, "I'm sorry" to me as he walked by the table. :rolleyes: Apparently he's there on a conditional basis so his behavior is important. She later told me that she has issues with him frequently and there isn't much support from mom and when he gets sent to the principal he just sits in there and reads books which is what he wants so it's more of a reward. Never ending circle. It gives me experience anyway. The rest of the kids were fine.

Our company is on a plane back to the mainland so the house is ours once again. Eli has his room back and is happy. DS found a sore on his stomach yesterday, same side as all his pain. He popped it last night and he said that orange pus came out. It has a red ring around it so I drew a line around it. Not really sure if it's anything to worry about or not. DH said I should take a picture of it too. I think it's weird that it's on the same side as his pain. I had my follow up this afternoon and they recommended that I not let the chiropractor adjust my neck for a while because it can cause inflammation which I what the steroids just got rid of. I'll heed that advice and only let him adjust my back next week.

Diedra- Glad your appointment went well and you are healing nicely!
    Deb- Hope your time sitting with neighbor was uneventful.
    Debbie- Congrats on finishing the scrapbooking and card making! Sorry Mark has an ear infection.
    Pam- Nice of you to run out and get stuff for Norm.
    Katrina- Good luck shopping! Sorry about your anxiety.
    Pamela- I haven't had much time to read lately, need to get back to it.

I'm off to try to get some homework done!

girlsinmo, Ahorsesoul and missjane like this.
  20. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Groceries are done, bought more than was on my list but stayed well under budget. Meat is packed in the freezer and I have a menu plan for the next little while.
    Have tidied out the pantry, we have a lot that can be used up. Funny how we keep buying things but don't use them, wonder why that is. 100's of dollars worth in the pantry.
    DS will cook dinner, sausages and oven roasted veggies, looking forward to it.
    A bath and an early night for me, looks like more rain so hopefully can sleep with the widow open and enjoy it.
    Night all

girlsinmo, Ahorsesoul and missjane like this.