Wake-up Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by missjane, Sep 12, 2018.

1. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hello, everyone in MHH World!

2. missjane

I've not gone back to sleep, so I'll be saying "wake-up" to myself all day, I imagine. I supposed it's good that I don't have to go into work today. I'm going to try and nap a little before I head off to DD21's for her meeting with her adviser. I don't want to sleep too long, though, because I want to stop by Hobby Lobby on my way and browse! Our girl cat decided around 1:30 that she wanted out, so I've been awake since then. She'll be going out before I go to bed tonight. Silly cat!

I'll put a load of towels in the washer before I go lie down, so I can put those in the dryer when I wake up. DH put a pork roast in the crock pot when he came in from ball practice last night, so that needs to be shredded for him to take some for lunch today.

Enjoy your day, everyone.

3. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Good morning, Jane and all who follow.

My son, Stephen, and his wife are splitting up...again. This time, I think it will be permanent. I swear that girl has a screw loose. She is either on something that makes her go nuts or is not taking proper meds. I pray for her. But I really pray for my son, of course. He has no money, no car, no where to go. Jay is going down to get him, and help him move. He will be cut off from Brysen, and that breaks his heart. Melanie will call the police on him if he tries to go to Lindsay's to see the baby or his daughter. I don't know what is going on in her mind. He says that she has come at him, and he smacked her in self defense. I don't approve of that, but she has done it to him as well. Please, please pray for Stephen. I don't know that she will be able to afford everything on her own. But that is not my problem. How can I help him when I have no money or an extra car? I can only pray.

I have been under some stress lately, and this is not helping my blood pressure, which was up a LOT yesterday!

Sorry to be such a downer this early in the morning. I hope to be better later. I haven't cried yet, but I know I will. I can feel it coming.

4. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Pam ((hugs)) could Stephen stay with you for some time?

Woke up at 4:00, uggg!
    did gym, now at work, can't wait to change places - I am ready. I need to find the guy who moves computers ASAP to move NOW.

5. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Jane, must be in the air. I woke up about 3:17 and was about 4:35 last time I looked at the clock. I got up and put dishtowels in the washer. Then awake about 5:30 and up shortly after that. Dish towels are done and bath towels almost ready for dryer.

I ate a boiled egg and had orange juice.

The bathroom light was on. I got up and nobody but Teigans lantern was on the floor so not sure if she got up and put it on or what.

Yesterday was low 80s. Today should be the same.

Allen said his hand isn't sore and looks fine. He was working on it and it snapped shut. He tried a few friends before Fire department but they were all out of town.

Pam, prayer for you and Stephen. So sorry! I don't see how she can keep him from Lindsey and Beysen if Lindsey doesn't have an order against him. But if she wants to make trouble she will try.

Everybody have a GREAT day!

6. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Hi Lucie, have a good day! Hope you get moved.

7. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Good morning,

Off to pick up Vic at the airport unless there are more changes. His flight out of Florida was delayed three times this morning but is finally in the air and it is the flight that will go on to Virginia after a stop in North Carolina so he doesn't have to worry about missing a connection. Not sure if he has to go in to work tomorrow or not. Florence is taking a more southerly track this morning - good for us and slightly better news for the Carolinas as it looks like it is weakening somewhat. Still a dangerous storm though and we will all be watching carefully over the next 24-48 hours.

I'm working on some Project Life and watching December Daily videos to get psyched for this year although it is going to be a drastically different December from any other one I have experienced. Not sure how I'm going to document it all.

8. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

We are still waiting for TS Olivia here. The girls are riding their bikes to school and then will ride the bus home and DH and I will go get the bikes this evening with the truck. We had a little rain overnight, but nothing major. The wind is "supposed" to really kick up around school release time today and the rain will start at some point as well. It must have slowed down again after it sped up yesterday because it's still off the coast of Maui now. It has taken a more northerly course than they anticipated so the Big Island is clear and it looks like we'll get more of an impact maybe than they originally thought.

I have the chiropractor this morning and then a board meeting (which i'll be late to) for the Spouses' Club. I need to put laundry in if there is any and make sure everything is charging just in case. I also need to check to see if the water we filled last time is still good.

Jane- I hope the meeting goes well and they listen and do what's right!
    Pam- Unless there is a court order, the police will not do anything if she calls them if he tries to see his own children. He is just as much their parent as she is. What a horrible situation for all involved.
    Lucie- They really need to get that computer moved!
    Lana- That's good about Allen's hand. Weird about the light.
    Pamela- I saw that it is taking a more southerly track this morning when I got up.

Enjoy your day!

9. AuntJamelle

AuntJamelle Well-Known Member

Jane – Hope you get some sleep! I know THAT feeling!

Pam – So sorry to hear about the situation with your son! It is really hard to know what is going on in people’s minds sometimes! And so hard to watch our loved ones suffer! What is your relationship with this girl - I’m guessing not great and not your fault either! L

Lucie – Good luck on your move! My office is moving tomorrow – further away from work so commute will be much longer – NOT looking forward to my move!

Lana – I hope you get a better night’s rest tonight!!! But it sounds like your insomnia was productive! Lol

Pam – Crossing my fingers that Florence leaves you ALONE!

MrsSoup – Hope your weather situation stays under control as well! Not fun to have that hovering over the days! L

I got a lot done last night even after getting home from taking DS to taekwondo. Tonight is grocery shopping so that pretty much takes care of the night. Hoping to get some crafting done later but we'll see.

10. luludou

AJ - ouach! I hate when they move the work environnment.

Noon and still sitting here. Had a big meeting this morning with vp... lots of restructuring goint on... in fact I think I'm one step ahead from my cw's... seems we will be back to being 1 big family soon.
    Ate with cw's and took a small walk outside.

Later

11. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello all! Grey and intermittent rain yet again.

DS and DDIL are back home again:)..Waiting to hear of their adventures.

Went to the dentist. The machine that was supposed to make my new crown didn't work. After 2-3 tries they gave up and gave me a temporary crown. Spent 3 hours in the dentist's chair - and I have to come back for the permanent crown! No ones fault but a pretty wasted day.

DH and I have a Mets double header today. We will go for part of the first game and part of the second. At least no cooking.

Pam - hoping that things get better for Stephen. I know you will help him as much as you can.
    Lucie and AJ - seems as if change is in the air
    Jess - hope the storm misses you
    Lana - hope Allen is OK
    Jane - what a productive night;)
    Pamela - it will be a different December but will give you much to record and look back upon later

12. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good afternoon to all, just got back from walmart bought 3 mums one yellow- one red and one burgundy and 2 cases of water. so sorry pam hope things work out soon for your son . still very hot i hate it

13. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Debbie- Wow, what a day for you! Enjoy the games later!
    HW2- I miss the beautiful fall colored mums. :(

I went to the chiropractor and he barely got any pops out of my back, but lots out of my neck! He did my inner jaw massage and then said that he didn't think I needed the STEM on my back and I was on my way before my actual appointment time (I got there early). I went to my board meeting and it wrapped up earlier than usual as well. I put in some laundry and have everything charging just in case. I'm having to charge my Nook with my laptop because I let Eli borrow the adapter part and now I don't know where it is. o_O We have gotten some rain off and on this morning with periods of brightening up in between. I saw a beautiful, super bright rainbow on my way to the chiropractor. A bit of wind, but nothing major so far. I believe Olivia just made landfall on Maui though.

I'm going to do some picking up around here and watch Netflix.

14. missjane

Evening, everyone. A long day and I hope to be in bed soon.

I bought 4 more plants to add to the planters I have...cascading to go over the edges, on clearance for $1.00 each from Lowe's. I stopped by Hobby Lobby and looked. Lots of pretty stuff!! I need to pull out what I have before I buy anything. I did buy cards at Lifeway, though!

We met with DD's adviser. She'll be graduating November 17th. She wants to take a quarter off, then, and go back and take some more classes, which will help increase her GPA so when she applies for and internship, she'll have a better GPA. In the mean time, she'll seek practicas to gain hours of experience to put on her resume.

Pam, prayers for Stephen.
    Jess, prayers for safety.
    Pamela, glad DH was able to make it home before the weather grounded him.
    Lucie, hoping they got your computer moved and hooked up. Hope you liked your old team if you're all going to be back together eventually.
    Lana, good thing Alan's had was ok.
    HW2, hope things are work aren't too hectic as the holidays get closer.
    Debbie, bummer about the dentist.
    AJ, hope you found time to craft.

One more day of school this week....have a workshop Friday in Alexandria...two hours...and will drive straight to the game from the meeting. Nothing planned for Saturday, though...hope to clean out the cabinet over the refrigerator and the china cabinet.

Night, everyone.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
  15. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good afternoon,
    Miss getting on here this morning, I was running late to meet my mum.
    Groceries are done for another fortnight and came in well under budget. Spent money on a pedicure for me and also on DS big Christmas gift. So in the end probably blew the budget. It is one of those weeks where money is just flying out of the wallet.

Dinner tonight with DD and her BF, were meant to go last night but was changed.
    A beautiful day here, perfect blue skies and just gorgeous temps. A perfect spring day.

16. luludou

Jane glad things are looking up for your dd. Yep I like my old team, only one bothering me is boss :)

missjane likes this.