Wednesday 9-11-19

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by teachermomof2, Sep 11, 2019.

1. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good morning!

2. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning Lisa and all to follow! did gym this Morning and today will be work, at least I have stuff to do for the next few weeks :)
    DH has a 4 to 6 tomorrow night (beer and pizza) at the office, not sure if he's going or not because he has guitar lessons. will ask ds to pick me up, just in case.

Have a great day

3. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Good morning, Friends.

I have an appointment with the pain Doctor this a.m. It will take me almost an hour to get there. MJ is going with me. It will get her out of town for a few hours. She likes to sit and watch the people. It is gonna be HOT, HOT, HOT for the rest of the week. But she can sit in air conditioning for most of the time. We want to go to Cracker Barrel for lunch. Mmmm, chicken and dumplings, here we come!

When I get home, I hope to get to working on the rest of the decrapification process. Another Doc appt tomorrow, and then maybe I can finish the crap process. It feels so good to almost be finished! Imagine how I will feel when it is finished. My big thing will be to clean out the fabric armoire! There is light at the end of the tunnel!

Take a few moments, if you haven't already, to remember this day. Never forget! Never, ever forget!

4. cmerth

cmerth Well-Known Member

Good morning ladies!

I woke up without my alarm, at my wake up time. I don't do that very often.

I put out the flag and cleaned out my deep freezer. I found out I don't need to buy bread or frozen veges for a very long time. :eek:

Kiddo has his last day at the ice cream shop. He will be working 3 days a week or more with Hubby from now on. I will hopefully have him one day to help me with household stuff.

I don't dwell on the history of today too much today otherwise it will send me into a funk... Just my personality.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  5. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

We watched a couple shows last night on 9/11, really brings things back. It seems we always catch shows we haven't seen. When it happened we (both of us) were in the field together (we were in the same Army unit) and had no idea what was going on until a spouse of another Soldier called (cell phones were a relatively new thing back then so most of us didn't have them). He shared the news with all of us and our Commander called back to the rear. We thought we would be called back in due to the threat, but they made us stay out there and wonder what the heck was going on, not really knowing if we were sitting ducks and in danger or if our families were in danger. It was quite a time. When we got back we saw some coverage and heard the stories and then shortly after we got sent out on a Homeland Security mission for a while in a nearby state.

Today I have an appointment at Ortho for my ankle. I think he's going to do a cortisone injection in the other part of my ankle that bothers me, but i'm also going to have to tell him that the original area is bothering me again. I still haven't gotten into PT because no one has called me to set up an appointment. :rolleyes: We've been so busy that I haven't called Tricare either. I'm going to have to have them change the location i'm sure of where they want me to go because i'm not driving all the way up to Mililani anymore. I should do that this morning I guess before I go in. Nothing else on the agenda for today, except studying because I didn't do any yesterday, I read my book instead and finished it.

Today is DS's last day at his current school. We will enroll him in the closer high school tomorrow. He stayed home sick yesterday because he overate pizza the night before and had diarrhea and reflux issues. o_O He knew better and did it anyway. He's never going to learn. He doesn't think that was the problem but it's been a consistent issue with his "sensitive" stomach.

Hi Lisa!
    Lucie- Glad you have some work to keep you busy!
    Pam- I hope the pain doctor can give some suggestions that will work for your pain. Or make that device in your back work. I so miss Cracker Barrel.
    Carrie- I usually buy two loaves of bread at a time and put one in the freezer and then when we get low I pull out the freezer loaf. That will be nice that they will be working together!

Enjoy your day!

6. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

More work coming my way! seems they are giving me back the files I was taking care of before :rolleyes:

Had lunch with cw's… we have fun together - they are a hoot

7. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello all! Sunny and warm like summer today.

Just got back from lunch with former cw/friend. We sat outside and it was very nice. I brought her a tomato from the farmer's market which I did manage to get to this morning before everything was sold out.

Tortilla soup for tomorrow is in the crockpot and I'll make cornbread to go with it. Dinner tonight will be bacon and tomato sandwiches since I have "real" tomatoes and a fresh bread - corn too.

Will have to see how much I can do in the camper tonight. The rest will get done tomorrow morning since we don't have to leave at the crack of dawn. We're olt going 2 1/2 hours upstate.

Carrie - I too have too many loaves of bread in the fridge!
    Lucie - glad you'll be keeping busy so time will pass quickly
    Jess - hope the school transfer goes well
    Lisa - hope you had a good day
    Pam - haven't been to Cracker Barrel in ages!

8. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good afternoon all!

Whew! What a day! I'm glad to be home. I stayed late after school taking care of some things because we have our team meeting tomorrow morning, so there will be no time to prep. Things are not going well in the school over all....I'm just thankful that my class isn't a mess (yet!). I'm waiting for J and M to get home. They should be home any minute. I came home, got the mail, took a shower, put in a load of laundry and paid some healthcare bills. It's was over 80* in my classroom...87* outside....and it was uncomfortable.

I'm making tacos for dinner tonight, probably with some corn....I hope I have lettuce. Then I'm going to work on my happy planner. Woot! There are other things I could do, but I'm not quite sure when I'll get another chance to spend time setting up the planner. There's so much going on.

Our H has a cold and isn't feeling well. He called of work today....unheard of....and is resting. I'm so glad that he is taking it easy.

Pam...hope Cracker Barrel was delicious!
    Debbie...happy camping!
    Lucie...glad lunch was enjoyable.
    Jessica....hope ds is feeling better.
    Hi Carrie!

~peace~

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  9. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Spent the day packing my barn collection. Finished the ones in my bedroom this morning and then started on the kitchen one this afternoon. Then my back starting acting up so I stopped. Realtor called to say we will close on the other house on Monday if all goes well. We do the last walkthrough Sunday late afternoon. Now all of a sudden Dh is in panic mode. No movers lined up, no cleaners, no carpet cleaners. HMMM wonder why I've been telling him to start looking into it weeks ago. Realtor is wondering when she can have her photographer over for photos. She needs three days to get it lined up and it is scheduled for start by the end of next week. I'm just going to do what I can and ignore the rest. lol

Next week I'll be gone Thursday and Friday to Mayo. I could reschedule if it looks really hairy. Hate to because some the appointments took months to get. Will think about it.

At least dinner is easy. Roasted Chicken from the store, already mashed potatoes and canned green beans.

I'm waiting for a call from the Vet on how Eva's poo test turned out. I'll wait a few hours and call if they do not get to me first.

Update: Dh thinks we should look at the house again because he doesn't remember it being dirty so it shouldn't need to be cleaned before we move in. I'm not moving. lol

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
    luludou likes this.
  10. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Afternoon!

I piddled around most of the morning until time to leave for my appointment. Happy to report that DS's vehicle made it just fine to school this morning, no rescue missions were needed. I went to my doctor appointment and was underwhelmed. I told him that I was having the same pain again as before the PRP and he made no mention of the cortisone injection he previously talked about for the other location I have pain. He said something about it had been 6 weeks since the PRP, no it's been 10 weeks actually. :rolleyes: He said something about repeating the PRP and that the pain management clinic sometimes does two back to back. No idea. Anyway, i'm to go back in 6 weeks to see him again. He cleared me to do whatever except for impact, so no jumping. Anything I do one foot has to be on the ground. I can hike as tolerated and I can take Ibuprofen again, which I had been doing every once in a while anyway. He wants me to get into PT, which I took care of this morning because I had received no call. I was able to switch to one closer to our new house and I will call this afternoon to see about scheduling. I hope the PT helps otherwise i'm going to have some serious questions at my next appointment. It hurt ten times worse when I left the appointment after the LT that was shadowing him did the exam. He pushed my foot and the tendon or something popped and it didn't start hurting until I got up and started walking out and man does it hurt now. Yikes!

It's early release day so I have to go get Eli shortly. I tried to do some studying this morning but need to do some more. I need to text my friend to see if we are still on for coffee and the beach tomorrow after I register DS at his new school. Not sure how long that will take so we might have to reschedule our plans. I should make some zucchini bread today if the zucchini is still good. I need to test the temperature of the oven. I made canned cinnamon rolls this morning and the bottoms got burnt but the tops were barely done. Not sure what was up with that, may need to move the rack position, although it's in the middle. Suggestions?

Pamela- The brand of the onion rings is Alexia.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  11. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning,

We in Australia remember this day as well. I remember exactly what I was doing, it was late night here and how DH and I spent the night watching events unfold. When the kids woke up the next morning we told them that the world had changed forever.

Groceries for me today, not too much on the list, a lot of baking and holiday prep items to put in the stockpile for use later.
    Also started to pop away some items to take with us on our driving holiday in October.
    DS is cooking dinner tonight so I will enjoy and evening off.

Must head off,
    Much love.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  12. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hi, everyone.

I went straight from work to the church...corn dogs and macaroni and cheese tonight. There's a funeral at church tomorrow and the family will be eating in the fellowship hall, so I mopped before I left. Most of my hair was soaking wet with sweat, so I went straight to the shower when I got home. Out now and on here. First, I answered an email from the web developer in India about Skyping Friday to discuss changes to the web site for the clinic.

I'm in a not so good mood, so I'm avoiding people at the moment. (you know there's only one other person in this house besides me o_O) I didn't sleep too well last night. I think I need to do some research on side effects of my medicines, because I am having cramps in my feet and legs frequently at night. I don't want to say it worries me, but it's a bit bothersome to not know what's causing it.

Katrina, I really wish I could know as far in advance what I need to buy as you do. No one even knows when or what is going to be when this year, let alone what is going to be cooked. I'm about ready to just skip the holidays...too many people to try to make happy and try to plan around everyone's schedule. Hope you found some great bargains you needed.
    Jess, good quality medical care seems hard to find out there. Do you have to use who they say? I would be wanting a second opinion.
    Lisa, I thought of you when I saw how hot TWC was saying it was going to be there. It's just hard to imagine there are schools in the United States in this day and age without air conditioning. Hope you had a restful night at home.
    Diedra, are you sure you and DH are going to survive this move?! LOL! I hope you keep your Mayo appointments. Your health is important.
    Debbie, BLTs are one of our favorite meals. We had them last Thursday after we came in from the ballgame. Enjoy your little trip!
    Lucie, I'm glad having your old files is making you happy! I know you don't like being bored at work.
    Carrie, always a treasure trove when the freezer is straightened up! Glad DS is going to be working with DH. HVAC is a good business to be in. Is that still what DH does?
    Pam, what did the doctor do for you today? Never a bad decision to eat at Cracker Barrell.

I'm off to bed...on time tonight. DH has blood work in the morning, so he'll be up early and probably toss and turn since he knows he has to do that....means a less restful night for me. :rolleyes:

Night, everyone!

13. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Hello All!

Lisa, I thought of you this a.m.. If I remember correctly (might not) one of the planes went over your school?

Teig P stayed last night so just got to play. :)

Tonight I have did 2 loads of clothes and washed dishes.

Will try to go back and read the last 2 days of postings!

I guess I will have a 4 day week-end. Off Friday for grandparents day --- a vacation day---- and then was to be off next Thursday and schudules came out and I was down for 6 days. I asked the lady over tellers when I worked with her Saturday if there was a reason I didn't get a day off but the other full time tellers got theirs. She said it was just over looked. We have MAJOR training next week and it is CRAZY! Told her if I needed to work I could all 6 cuz money is nice too! Anyhoo she called today and said Monday I am off so....

Have to do a couple bill pays and off to bed!

teachermomof2 likes this.
  14. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

No Dh might not survive this move. I forgot that two moves we made he was off on business trips and the last move he was working so he didn’t really help with the packing or prep. This is the first time I have not been fully prepared to move long ahead of time. It will still happen or I’ll just stay here and dig in my heels.

It is rather depressing to slowly see all the personality of your house disappear into boxes. We will be going to a house twice the size. So I keep telling myself I can find more personality.

I ended up calling the Vet this evening. Apparently no one let Urgent Care know I had taken in a sample for Eva. Our vet called back. They will call our local vet with a prescription tomorrow afternoon. Help is on the way little Eva.

Sleep well all.

luludou likes this.
  15. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Well-Known Member

The temperature is going down to 64 tonight. I get to sleep with the window open! Woo hoo!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  16. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Back from groceries. Did a fair bit of walking around the mall looking at shops, popped into K-Mart to buy bras and a shoerack for DS.
    Groceries were done and came in under budget, always good.
    Picked up a bbq chicken that was reduced and we will have that with chips (french fries) and salad for dinner.
    Coca cola was half price today and I bought all the kids a bottle to put under the Christmas tree, it will be from Santa.
    Some thing sticky has spilled in the fridge so tomorrow it will be cleaned out.

DH is going up to his fathers house tomorrow to try and clean it before FIL comes home from hospital. He has to at least clean the hallway so the FIL can get to the bathroom without tripping on things. I know that the will be an argument about DH cleaning things up but FIL will just have to deal with it.

Ahorsesoul likes this.