Wednesday December 4th, 2019

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lana, Dec 4, 2019 at 5:30 AM.

1. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Good Morning!

2. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Last night I got off about 3:30 or alittle earlier. Told them I could do the 7:45 -3:15. Rather have a 5-1. Was nice. Not much done. Jaymee and Teigan for supper and then Teigan stayed over. I was down loading the family pictures to place an order. Have to send it in yet.

Hopefully tonight can pick up some.

Prayers for you needing them with extra hugs thrown in!!!

Have a GREAT day everybody!

3. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning. did gym and will start my day. Haha was po'd at work yesterday because some people weren't doing their job so sent a direct message to team boss before sending it to person concerned and she said go ahead send it! will think about it beforehand though but I have her support.

Meetings this Morning. Have a good day

4. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good morning Lana, Lucie and all who follow!

Seems to be a theme....people having others do their job for them. Same in the school environment. We have a very well paid attendance officer, but suddenly it is now the job of the teachers to call families when their child is absent 3, 5, and 10 consecutive days. :mad:

It's cold and snowy here today. Looks like another 3-6 inches overnight. I hope it holds off until J is able to get H's car home. He is going to rent a car dolly and tow it home this evening. I'm not sure if H is coming home to get the other car, or just going to wait until this one is fixed and take the bus. Of course, the greater snow amounts are for our area, not where H goes to school. Guess time and weather will tell what they decide.

I'm off of school for a dentist appointment. Wish me luck....it's my first cleaning at the new dentist. I'm working on gathering coupons to do some shopping while I'm in that part of town. I need to pick up some baking supplies and a few items for a parent gift for the students to make next week. I'm thinking rudolph hand print ornaments. Not too time consuming but cute and memorable and easy on the wallet.

Not too much else going on.

Have a blessed day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  5. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good morning housework this morning. wrapped a few more gifts . cloudy and cool this morning. have dogs to take out. have a good day

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  6. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

Someone please come get this migraine and toss it into the sea. I thought I could just go to bed and it would go away because it wasn't as bad as it has been, but no such luck. I ended up getting up around 12:40 and taking a pill and when I got up this morning it's still hanging around. o_O It's in my neck and when I move a certain way in the right side of my head. If DD didn't have a dentist appointment this morning I would drive up to my chiropractor and have him fit me in before work at noon. I might have time anyway but it would be pushing it. Ugh, this has gotten beyond frustrating at this point. I don't know what to do. I just hope it doesn't get worse because I have to train from 12-4 today and I really need to focus on studying math because my praxis is tomorrow. :eek: I didn't get much studying done yesterday because I had to get some food in this house and then by the time I sat down last night my head hurt and I couldn't focus well.

This is not boding well for me. Thoughts would be appreciated. I'm hoping we are going to do whatever we have to do today at training to get a real Target ID and whatever else we need for work. I don't want to leave anything hanging that should be done. I also need to ask someone to show me where in the system to request days off because I have an appointment but more importantly, Eli has some orthodontist appointments coming up later this month and in January and we have a weekend in a cottage scheduled for our anniversary as well that I want to go ahead and request.

Debbie- They gave me a temporary paper card that I could use for my discount (10%) immediately. It has my team member number on it. However, in order to use the discount you have to pay with cash or the RedCard (which gives another 5%), so I had to get a RedCard. I also got a temporary paper card for that and my actual finally just came in the mail. I can link both in my Target Circle so all I have to do is scan that when I check out and not have to worry about pulling anything out. So in all actuality, I get a 15% discount with the RedCard and my employee discount and that goes for purchasing online as well.
    Jane- That will be nice to have your mom so close!
    Lana- Like 5 a.m.? I didn't know anyone was in at the bank that early.
    Lucie- Sometimes you just have to let people know when they aren't doing the right thing, they don't realize how it effects other people because they only think about themselves. Good luck with the situation.
    Lisa- Hope J is able to get the car home safely! Those sound like a perfect parent gift. I always enjoyed receiving something like that when my kids wer little.
    Faye- I haven't wrapped any gifts yet, I should probably get started, at least one the ones inside the house.

Enjoy your day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  7. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Well-Known Member

Good morning.

I was wide awake at 4 am again this morning, but I refused to get up until 5:30. Relaxed and thought good thoughts. Fixed breakfast for the kids, showered, and I'm sitting with neighbor while she sleeps. We're supposed to have heavy rain this afternoon, so I brought my umbrella. I hope to address cards while I'm here, and of course the never-ending crocheting.

Have a nice day.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  8. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

wanted to go out at lunch but ran out of time :(
    So eating lunch at my desk and will look up which ereader books I can put in my niece's ereader.

Later

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  9. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello all! Cold and cloudy today!

It went OK at the dentist. He dislodged the implant that was next to the pulled tooth so he had to fix that. Then I went to TJMax and got Buffy another dog toy, some treats and some sock. I found a pair that said "Best dog dad ever"!

I think I will package the cakes and cookies I made yesterday and look at the wrapping situation. Most of my gifts have to be done and ready by our Hanukkah party on Dec. 14 - that's when we will see most of our friends and I want DS and DDIL to take all their stuff back since they will be hiring a car. When they stay over on Christmas they will be leaving directly for the airport for their tip to Dallas.

Jess - hope that by the time you read this your migraine is gone!
    Lisa - I bet those coupons will save you a lot of money
    Faye - good for wrapping
    Deb - positive thoughts are good thoughts
    Lucie - hope all goes well at work
    Lana - hope the photos come quickly after you get them in
    Jane - how nice that you will have more family living near you once your move takes place

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  10. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Hello there!

Busy morning at work, lunch time already. On the list for tonight was make olive-nut spread but I forgot to take the cream cheese out of the fridge to soften. How long does it take cream cheese to soften? Thinking I'll leave it out overnight and then make the spread first thing in the morning. Also on the list was load dishwasher and run but I can't do that now because the food processor parts from making the spread won't be dirty yet.

Off work tomorrow - heading out to pick up salads and desserts from the gourmet grocery store and Whole Foods. Need to go to Safeway and swing by Michaels because I didn't buy enough red berry stems to fill the vase. Also need to drop off the gifts I bought for one of the veterans from the veterans' home. Then home for the cleaner, work like a mad woman to get the rest of the decorations sorted, stack the totes back against the wall in the garage, and pull the car into the garage so guests can park in the driveway as well as on the street.

Back to work on Friday but it will be a busy day since I'm off tomorrow and then it will be the weekend. My goodness, this week is flying by.

Hope you're all having a good day and staying warm!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  11. MrsSoup

DD ended up getting the tooth extracted instead of the filling repaired that broke. Turned out the tooth was dead as it was a baby tooth and the permanent tooth was pushing it up and that's why the filling broke. They requested the xrays from the other office but they were taking too long so they just did another one to confirm. The tooth came right out and we were on our way. The dentist asked if anyone had ever said that DD needed to be referred to an orthodontist because her canines don't have enough room to come in. She put in the referral so i'll call to make an appointment to have her evaluated. She said it may be okay but she needs to be seen because it looks to her like there isn't going to be enough room and she may need braces to separate her teeth enough to create the room for them to come in. I had her put the referral in for Eli's orthodontist, but we may have to wait until we PCS depending on the timeline. Insurance pays everything up front so we would have to pay again out of pocket if we moved before her treatment plan was complete. :rolleyes:

I'm getting ready to eat something and then go to work. Headache is still here. I took some cold medicine that I picked up for DS last week. I have most of the symptoms minus fever and sore throat. It helped some, took away the pressure anyway. It says to take every 4 hours so i'll take another dose before I leave and hope it helps even more with my head.

Debbie- I'm glad the dentist fixed what he loosened during the other work. Unfortunately no such luck in the migraine department, although it is a wee bit better with the cold medicine I took earlier. I will take another dose before work since it can be taken every 4 hours. I have most of the symptoms (headache is covered, so I figured I would give it a shot) on the package except fever and sore throat.
    Pamela- You could always put it in the microwave for 20 second intervals, that's what DH does. Sounds like you will be busy but i'm sure you will get it all done.

PamelaG and Ahorsesoul like this.
  12. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Went to eat eat at the local Pub with Teigan, Jaymee and Allen.

Totally have to get ace in gear and clean some here after my shower.

No our bank opens drive at 8 and lobby 8:30 lobby closes at 4 and drive at 5. I have always told them to open earlier and I would do that shift. There are a few of us that would like earlier hours and several want later than we have. I LOVE being off early and getting things done.

Sent picture order in this a.m. so they should be ready. Will pick up either Thursday night or Friday a.m..

Ahorsesoul and teachermomof2 like this.
  13. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Evening all!

It's still snowing. I shoveled the front walk once, looks like it will need done again in the morning. I am hoping for a delay tomorrow....again, our county and the one south of us have the 3-6 inch snow range. Any cars on the road are moving slowly outside my window.

I went to the dentist today. The new hygienist was thorough and very good . She was impressed at how well I take care of my teeth. The bad news was that I will probably have to have my upper wisdom teeth removed. I called the former dentist and asked them to send my X-rays to the new dentist. We will see if they do it.

I did some shopping. We have one Hallmark store in our area and it was sold out of all but one of the ornaments I wanted to get for the fam. They closed the other two stores last year. I did save over 13 dollars with rewards and coupons , so that was good. I'm hoping to find them when J and I go shopping Monday. I got a new outfit complete with earrings and a necklace for less than 40 dollars at jcp. I picked up supplies for the parent gift at Michaels and Dollar Tree. I even got to stop at the country store.

Then I came home and shoveled. I washed the bathroom floor mats and mopped those floors. Did some other odds and ends, and made m dinner. Then I took a nap. My head and necklace were aching pretty badly. I'm hoping this is my last day fighting the flu shot headache.

J fixed H's car enough to drive it home, so he left his truck with H and is bringing his car home to repair compeletely. We are so blessed that he is mechanically inclined.

I've rambled on enough....have a blessed evening!

luludou and Ahorsesoul like this.
  14. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

You can soften in the microwave on low power for 30 seconds at a time until it's how you want it or you can fill a bowl with water, microwave it until the water is hot, dump the water, turn the bowl upside down over the cream cheese and it will soften. HTH

luludou, PamelaG and Ahorsesoul like this.
  15. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hi, everyone.

Busy day at work, as I knew it would be, but that's good. It makes the day go quickly. There's a team of 3 (4 if you count the insurance lady for us and dr's office) whom Dr. R meets with. He'll tell us all these things he wants done, but sometimes tells us individually. Problem is, he'll tell one of the others of us individually too, with that person not knowing he's already told someone else to do it, and the same work gets done by two people. After we met this morning, I met again with the team and assigned certain tasks to each of us. If he asks someone to do something that isn't assigned to them, they will tell the person to whom it's been assigned and/or check with the others to see if they've already started/done it. I don't know if he doesn't realize he has already told someone or if he wants to tell as many people as possible to do it, so it's sure to get done or what. All of the people on the team are extremely reliable and conscientious about their work. No one is going to drop the ball if he tells us to do something. I'm just trying to find a better, more efficient way of doing things so we can make the best use of our time.

I talked to the bank today. They gave us the option of doing the interior minor repairs and the owners to have a roof put on. So, we called a former student of ours who does home remodels. He can make most of the interior repairs for less than $1000. Win! We just need to talk to the home owners and see if they are okay with that. After that, another appraisal will be done. Then, after we purchase, he will do some other work for us, too. I'm so excited, I can hardly stand it! I called the credit union three times in the last two days and the girl never returned my calls. Tomorrow, I'm calling a supervisor and telling them they have lost a loan because of poor customer service. The interest rate at the bank is 3.587%. Unless the credit union is much lower, we're using the bank.

The man buying the van was supposed to come today. I contacted him...he said his day off is Friday. I told him he should have been upfront to start with, instead of telling me every day he can't come. He's supposed to come tomorrow. I told him if not...it goes to the next person who wanted it. Tired of fooling with it.

Lisa, glad J was able to get the car running enough to get it home. When will you have your wisdom teeth out? Love the idea for the gift for students to make.
    Jess, I hope you got to feeling better before you had to go to work. Orthodontists are so expensive.
    Pamela, is your party tomorrow night? I thought it was Saturday for some reason.
    Faye, it's cold to have to be walking the dogs!
    Debbie, December 14th is just around the corner!
    Lucie, sometimes you just have to say the obvious. I say do it if boss said you can.
    Katrina, I told a boss one time that you can finally ride a good horse to death. That was after I had been the yearbook sponsor for 9 years. I told him after everyone else on the faculty had done it for 9 years each, I would take it back!
    GrammaDeb, what is it with so many of us being awake at 4AM? Makes such a long day...
    Lana, that would be great to get off work so early!

Night, everyone. Hope to see you all tomorrow.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  16. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

It is Saturday, around lunchtime.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  17. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

MissJane, love it. that will be my mantra for next year.

18. Myron's Mom

Myron's Mom Well-Known Member

Must have been a day for teeth. Husband and I had a dentist appointment early this morning then a nice breakfast at the diner.
    Husband dropped me off at the house afterwards and took my car back to the repair shop. Not sure what kind of new wipers they put on the other day but they were horrible. They chattered and jumped around. They gave us a free upgrade on the replacements. Will find out tomorrow just how good they are.
    Spent the day trying to finish decorating and working on my ornaments. Mostly I sat on the couch with Myron. That’s about all he wants and the only thing I can do to make him feel better.
    Prayers for all in need. Be safe in the crazy weather.

19. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Home from groceries. Had a good day.
    Went to the craft store to buy knitting cotton that I need for Christmas gifts for next year. The total for two balls was $11.20, the cashier asked if I had a gift card and I said no. They were doing a promotion that the first so many through the door got a $10 gift card so my cotton was $1.20.

Went to do groceries and I checked my receipt and noticed that my store rewards card had not been scanned. Went to the service desk and got the 200 points credited to my account which means I get $50 off my next shop. The attendant also gave me a bonus 1000 points for the inconvenience. A good start for next years points.

Went a little over budget $2.00 but got meat and quite a few fruits and veggies so we will be ok for a while.
    Need to put it all away and then maybe nap.

luludou and Ahorsesoul like this.
  20. MrsSoup

Evening!

Work was good today. They put us on the registers instead of doing order pickup training because the girl that was supposed to train us called out sick. We each got pin numbers and they went to work. It was a learning experience but a good one. The manager was nearby if we needed her for the most part. I felt like I needed her more than the other two because of the customers I had, but such is life I guess. We didn't get break until around 3:15 and we got off at 4.

Right when I was going on break, I overheard one of the HR girls talking on the phone about an active shooter on Pearl Harbor. I went and bought a cookie and went to the break room and they were talking about it in there too. Turns out it was a sailor and he shot 3 civilian workers at one of the dry docks, I think they were all wounded, and then shot himself. DS was supposed to be at work at 4 but the base was locked down until then. He called work and they told him to wait for a phone call. He was leaving as I was arriving at home.

My headache seems to be gone for now, hoping it stays that way. I'm going to start studying math while I can. Need to figure out dinner.

Ahorsesoul likes this.