Wednesday February 19 2020

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by luludou, Feb 19, 2020.

1. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning MHH World

2. luludou

An almost sleepless night of coughing and hot flashes. I did come in to work, had Something to finish. Hoping the day won't be so bad… it not better tomorrow will be a sick day for me.

Have a great day

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  3. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Good morning, everyone.

I slept fairly well last night. I've realized that when I can sleep until about 7:00-7:30 is when I feel as if I've had enough sleep. I suppose I should try going to bed earlier since I get up around 6:00. DH gets up about 5:30, so I'm awake by then.

My mind keeps thinking it's Thursday, because the meeting last night was at the church fellowship hall. It tricks my brain thinking I had church last night. I would really like about two more days at home this week to do things. I do like my job, but I also wish it were just part-time, especially now that we've bought the house. I have so much I need to do.

DH is out of the bathroom. Time to get in the tub.

Lucie, I say go for the day off tomorrow if it's possible. Hope you can make it through today with no problems.

Hope you all have a great day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  4. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Morning!

I tell this state of Illinois is getting to be (is) a big joke! Trying to pass all types of bills. One supposeably passed that next year you can't pump your own gas anymore. Gas will probably go up and stations can't keep people working anyhow with the wage increase. Also trying to do away with vaccines for kids if you don't want them and on and on. Weed is legal now.

To be sunny today.

Teig just walked in.

Guess I better go get the cheesecake ready.

Lucie, feel better.

Jane, I also like work but would like more time off.

Have a GREAT day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  5. girlsinmo

girlsinmo Well-Known Member

Good day everyone. We've been busy this morning. We've done laundry and moved some stuff around. Caught up on Bible study. Will have online Bible study chat this afternoon. Everyone fall asleep before 8 last night so we were all up a bit earlier but we got a good night's sleep.

It's still cloudy & gloomy looking. I love clouds but the sun needs to shine through some too. Looking forward to continuing our Thurs. day Sabbath Day tomorrow.

I have a question I don't always click the "like" button. But I wonder what that button signifies on the board. On Facebook the like button means one has read and/or likes the post. Or it can mean one is praying if there a need. Is it the same here? I hope that makes sense.

Lucie hope you feel better soon.
    Jane it's amazing how things off regular routine can confuse us a bit.
    Lana lawmakers aren't always smart for sure.

Have a good day all.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2020
    Ahorsesoul likes this.
  6. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good morning to all. been busy for the last couple weeks . working babysitting 3 funerals. lost a few older family members. they lived a good life but always sad to lose someone. had a bad cold but thats over now. calling for a little snow tomo i hope not .people cant drive in it always so many accidents here. have agood day i put some christmas dishes away this morning. should have done it but just didnt have the time. anyone buy a yearly pass for the movies its 20.00 a month you can go every day if you want. my friend and i was thinkingabout it because we do go a lot. still wondering if its a good deal.

luludou and Ahorsesoul like this.
  7. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Hello, MHHers.

Samuel had his surgery at 9 a.m., instead of 10:30. It is 10:07 here, and I have not heard anything. Sam did not want anyone there except his parents. I was going to go anyway, but went back to sleep. But if I find out that other people were there.....

Nothing earth shattering going on for me today. It is cold here. I wish Mother Nature would just make up her mind! Warm one day, freezing the next! Ugh!

Hope you all have a great day. Lucie, feel better. Everyone, stay safe and be blessed!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  8. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I am back to normal today. Found out last night that my friend was sick with the same stuff yesterday, wonder if we picked it up at Paint and Sip Friday night? I'll be heading to school today and DH is going to pick up Eli so I can actually stay until the end of the day (early release day). I need to send an email to DS's school counselor requesting official transcripts. I sent unofficial and already got an email back. I think they thought it was a mistake that he had no credits for the first semester. I emailed back and assured her that it wasn't. He had .50 of a credit for one class and should have had for a math class, but maybe they don't give .50 credit for math. I don't know, will have to ask. He did pass that one for the semester. *sigh* So much to do and not enough hours in the day.

I requested an extension on my task for my Social Studies class yesterday until Sunday and she mentioned that I should be working on my class and my first PCE task simultaneously. Yes, I know I should be but with everything going on in this household right now, when on earth am I to find the time? o_O We've all been sick back to back and dealing with trying to figure out DS's school and medical stuff, doing my observations during the day and then home stuff in the evening and working on my class. It's getting a bit overwhelming and i'm so glad that i'm not at Target anymore because that would have just been too much. We need to discuss how we're going to pay this tuition for the private online school, in payments or one lump sum. A decision will be due soon i'm sure.

Lucie- Definitely take that sick day if you need to. You need to rest and get better!
    Jane- I wish I had another day at home this week too to get some things done, but mine is temporary for now. Glad you found your sweet spot with sleep, that's important.
    Lana- Wow, can't pump your own gas! What kind of craziness is that? I guess back in the old days gas stations had attendants that would pump your gas and wash your windows but that was back when people cared about their jobs and wanted to work.
    Tricia- I typically click the button if I remember or am really happy about what someone wrote, like something really good happened for them or am sympathetic with what they wrote, for several different reasons. I read the post and didn't have time to respond but wanted them to know it was read. Things like that I guess. Sometimes I forget it's there altogether.
    Faye- So sorry for your family members. Glad your cold has passed, definitely no fun. You should definitely do that as much as you go to the movies, would be worth it! I've heard of it but haven't looked into it. We don't go as much anymore.
    Pam- Hope his surgery went well and recovery is quick.

Enjoy your day!

housewife2 likes this.
  9. Pam Spaur

Samuel's surgery is over. Took about 2 hours. Much more extensive than the doctor had originally thought. Took out five cysts. He will be sore and in pain for several days. He is a real trouper! Gets to go home today. Jennifer always had to stay in the hospital for a couple of days. Please keep Sam and his parents in prayer. I thank you from the bottom of my heart!

teachermomof2, luludou and MrsSoup like this.
  10. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello all! Two more warm days and then cooler. Yipee!

Did some shopping at Sam's club. Some of their prices are significantly cheaper than elsewhere but, as usual, DH was in a rush after a certain point. I'm sure I could have done more. Home, put stuff away, read, had dinner at Taco Bus - huge portions and read and knitted for the rest of the evening. Somewhat on a reading binge but I would also like to start working with the genealogy stuff I brought.

Jess - glad you're back to normal! I'm sure that DS will thrive with the online school as soon as he gets started with it.
    Lucie - take a sick day!!!!
    Pam - thinking of Samuel and his speedy recovery
    Jane - did I ever tell you about the time DBIL roasted a turkey upside down and wondered why it had such a small breast??
    Faye - the movie pass sounds like a good idea
    Lana - they've always had no pumping gas in NJ. I guess it could work
    Tricia - hope the sun shines!

housewife2 and Ahorsesoul like this.
  11. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

They did not respect him. You did.

12. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

hope for a speedy recovery

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  13. Pam Spaur

Thank you, Diedra.

14. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning to you all.
    Thursday here, DH is still at the hospital with his father who seemingly settled again last night. Not sure what DH wants to do, he has already spent 3 full days at the hospital. I am not sure how long he can take off work.
    I will go to mum's today to do some crafting, I need to pickup library books too.

After spending over 4 hours on the phone yesterday I finally got to talk to an insurance rep. They have now finalised the claim and the funds should be in our account in the next few days. We have been pre approved for a loan from the bank so now have a figure that we can spend. I suppose that we will need to go shopping for a car. Not sure when we will find time to shop as I am away this weekend so maybe through the next week. Once we get a car we can book DS car in for an assessment, did not want to risk them seizing his car and having just one car between us.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  15. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Afternoon!

I was actually able to stay at school the entire day today which was nice. I didn't take any small groups today but did walk around the room at one point and help students with adverbs for about 5 minutes. I'm up to 2 hours and 13 minutes of assist time of my 15 required hours, need to step it up on getting more. I'm at 28 hours and some change for my total time in the classroom of the 75 hours I have to do, so I still have time. I really enjoy being in there and will be sad when my time is over.

My host teacher let me borrow their S.S. book to help me with my task for my class. I think I have my lesson outline in place now just need to elaborate and start writing. My mom helped through text as well. I need to find standards to go with what i'm thinking too. That may be the hardest part. I'll work on it this afternoon so I can return her book as soon as possible.

When I first got there this morning I was thinking that I should have stayed home because I didn't feel super great. That continued for a while, but eventually I felt better.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  16. luludou

Evening.
    Finally a good work day - accomplished alot ... so I can stay home tomorrow at least... and maybe Frideay? Anyhow it's better if I don't speak, almost no voice anymore, coughing and very sore throat. I will be staying home today and since I am SICK I won't do house work all day :) and I won't be going out for errands and groceries.

Night

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  17. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Hello there!

Another steady day at work. I work in an office suite with our department head, Chief Engineer, and three division managers. Our department head and Chief Engineer are new (February 1 although the Chief Engineer transferred from another division so I already knew him). Yesterday I found out one of the division managers got a promotion and will be leaving. Today, another one, same story. That leaves just one division manager and me as the old-timers. It will be different that's for sure. We had such a great group, wonderful camaraderie, I hope I can say the same about the new group when it's here.

I'm washing my new toweling robe from IKEA so that I don't end up with bits of fluff when I put it on after my shower. I don't think I mentioned that I washed the two couch throws - one brown, one blue - together and now the brown ones is covered in blue bits. My clothes shaver died on me so I ordered another one from Amazon. Should be here tomorrow so I can get busy shaving. First world problems, yes?

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  18. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Evening friends!

Stopping by to say hi and to send get well wishes to those who need them and wishing everyone a good night's rest! I know I need one!

Blessings ~

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  19. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hello, everyone.

It was a fast day at work today. Several computer issues. All except one patient came today, which surprised me! It was raining a light rain all day. Now, it's just flat out raining.

I'm in an out-of-sorts mood. I think it's because I'm worried about the appraisal of the house. We need it to appraise for at least $10,000 more than the original appraisal so the cost of the new roof can be covered in the selling price.

Lisa, hope you get some restful sleep tonight to face work tomorrow.
    Jess, it's tough to set priorities when you're going to school and have a family. It's no fun to not go and do things with the family when everyone else is going, but it has to be done sometimes.
    Pam, insurance dictates how long someone stays in the hospital after a procedure, and they don't pay for the amount of time they used to. Extended hospital stays for surgeries are no longer considered necessary. Most women are sent home within 36-48 hours of delivering a baby. It used to be 3 days minimum.
    Lana, I agree that things are getting a bit ridiculous as far as government is concerned. Hope it was a good day at work.
    Pamela, it's never fun to adjust to new dynamics and personalities at work. Maybe it will go smoothly.
    Tricia, I use the like sometimes when someone responds to something I posted, to let people know I've read a post, but didn't have time to respond, to let people know I agree or am praying about their situation. It's for all the things you said you would use it for.
    Debbie, there are many things I buy from Sam's. It does take a while to really look, though. Tell DH to have a seat in the deli and you'll "pick him up" when you're finished shopping!
    Lucie, definitely stay home and take care of you!
    Katrina, my dad had a heart attack in 1999. We stayed at the hospital for 8 days, but all had to go back to work. He passed away the night after we all left, except my Mama. It was the first day of the school year, and my sisters and I were all teachers and felt we needed to be there the first day. It's hard to know what to do.
    Faye, if you go to the movies twice here, you've spent $20, so that sounds like a good deal to me. You've been busy! Glad you're feeling better.
    Hi, Diedra. Hope you're getting to stay in from the cold.

At the rate it's raining, I wouldn't be surprised if there's no school tomorrow here. There's just nowhere left for all this water to go. I'm supposed to go do a presentation at a hospital Friday that's about one and a half hours away. I hope it's not raining that day.

Rest well, everyone. Night, friends.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  20. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Miss Jane, Yes, that is exactly right. What to do. We were told that DH father was bad on Monday, that is why we all went up Tuesday. He rallied and is still hanging on today. DH has left to come home as he needs to shower and get some more clothes. He will then decide whether or not to go back tomorrow or just stay here now until he hears otherwise. There is only so much sitting in a hospital watching a man sleep. I don't mean to sound awful.

Ahorsesoul likes this.