Wednesday February 26th 2020

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by luludou, Feb 26, 2020.

1. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning Friends! a nice balmy - 2c in the forecast for today.

2. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Seems I didn't post yesterday. I went to work, had little bouts of coughing but not too bad, just no Energy and short of breath.
    Was finally sleeping ok but awoke with a terrible tummy ache. had to walk around the house for almost an hour… the antibiotics are not helping my gut problem. I finished antibiotics last night.
    Wasn't sure about work today but since tomorrow is supposed to be another big snowstorm.. I might sleep in tomorrow… with less coughing I'm hoping to be able to sleep.
    Noon is a conference about healthy eating for the heart so will go listen to that.

Katrina - I think a Tucson is what ds has (I'm so not good at remembering cars!)
    Jess - hope you're feeling better today. Has ds started his online schooling?
    Pam - did those chocolate-pumpkin muffins get made yesterday?

Have a great day

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  3. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Good morning, everyone.

A few extra minutes before my day at work kicks off.

We tried taking a cabinet unit off the wall in the utility room last night. It's not a pre-fab...one someone built and put in there. Some of the screws are stripped (put together will all different size screws from 3 inches to 1 inch) and we can't get them out. DH has a tool for it, but we finally gave up around 7:30 and went home. I want to paint and put down flooring before appliances start going in.

Katrina, congratulations on the new car. I hope you really like it!

Hope you all have a great day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  4. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I came down to my coffee made this morning, a nice treat! DH never makes my coffee. My throat is bit better this morning but I blew out all sorts of colorful stuff. Yuck! We'll see if I get test results today. :rolleyes: I plan on hanging on the couch and doing school work, maybe taking a break to read for a bit here and there. I need to get further into my class and I need to get my first PCE task done this week (this is a priority). I also need to study for the praxis II which is on Monday. It has snuck up on me and I don't feel prepared at all.

Lucie- Glad you are feeling better! Sorry the antibiotics are messing with your stomach, that's no good. DS has started his online classes and likes it so far. Thanks for asking!
    Jane- I wonder if the cabinets in the kitchen are the same then. I was thinking, you could find a style of that peel and stick contact paper that just peels off like we used on our kitchen wall in the other house to put on the cabinets until you are ready to replace them. It would be a pain but it wouldn't be ugly until you are ready to redo the kitchen. Just a thought that popped into my head.
    Deb- It made my blood boil and my heart rate rise just reading your post from yesterday about that person stealing your parking space. I think I would have lost it. Glad DH is getting a good doctor and being seen finally.

Enjoy your day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  5. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Good morning all! Sun and clouds today and in the 70's - predicting a "cold" front tomorrow.

While it has been lovely having our friends here I also miss it just being me and DH and Buffy. Well, they will be leaving at the crack of dawn tomorrow so it will be back to same old same old.

DH and I enjoyed our first baseball game of the season. DH always talks with the person next to him while I watch the game - that's fine. We were out in the fresh air! The shrimp etouffe I made last night was good but a bit bland. The king cake monkey bread was a hit and there is practically none left this morning. Have plenty of leftovers to use for a while.

Katrina - congrats on the new car! Safe travels in it!
    Jess and Lucie - hope you both start feeling better
    Deb - some drivers are so thoughtless - to say the least - but glad that DH is getting good care
    Pam - glad Samuel is getting better - you should just take it easy
    Jane - or find a very large poster/picture to hang over the offending piece of wall
    Diedra - interesting nightlights

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  6. MrsSoup

I have neither strep or the flu. o_O The doctor was surprised that my results were negative, I am too. I will still finish out the Tamiflu since i've taken it almost 3 days so far and keep taking the Mucinex since I am still congested. I guess maybe I just have a nasty cold mixed with allergies...who knows. Eli was a bit snotty this morning and his eye was itching. I'll have to get him started back on his allergy meds ASAP. Something may be blooming in our area. Things bloom year round here but some things have a blooming season so no telling. Depending on how I feel in the morning I may go to school tomorrow, or Friday at the least.

I've been working on school work all morning so far. Did make myself some spiced chai that I picked up in Missouri when I visited. It was delicious! We don't have any cough drops, they were expired so I threw them out. Had I realized I would have had DH pick some up last night from the store.

Debbie- It's always nice to have our house back when company leaves.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  7. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Hi, Friends.

We got a little of the white crap last night. I'd say about 2". That is about 22 inches too much. But it has been coming down most of the day. I have not been out since Sunday. I have to go out tomorrow. Yuck. It will be COLD! Double yuck! I wanted to go to church this evening for Ash Wednesday services, but I am not getting out. What is falling now will be freezing here shortly.

Nothing much going on here. I need to get busy on house chores. I still have laundry to put away from last week! And Lucie, I have not made those pumpkin chocolate chip muffins yet. I am getting a headache now. Ewwww. The white crap flakes are teeny tiny ones. The thundering herd upstairs is making a LOT of noise for some reason. Tomorrow, I need to go sign my new lease. Please pray with me that my rent does not go up again! John's went up $60! Yikes. I cannot afford that at all. Sigh.

Hope you all have a pleasant evening. Stay safe and be blessed.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  8. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Hello, Had a meeting tonight! Normally I drive to Irvington myself because I live about 10 minutes south but having some car issues so I rode with a co-worker about 20-25 minutes there and back and then about 20 minutes home on the country rode so wouldn't be on interstate. No heat --- even tho a new gauge put in yesterday. Was to let them know today and they were thinking something with the timing belt or something and about $500! GREAT! To pick it up tomorrow and I think bring it back to me at work.

Allen goes tomorrow for taxes. I probably don't want to hear it. Gone are the days of nice refunds (when kids were younger and in college together). Have paid last couple of years. Would LOVE a refund but happy if just broke even. Will see.

Hope all are feeling better.

Allen went to see Aunt Imogene today and had to wear a mask. A guy there has the flu. Told him he doesn't need to be going.

Mom stayed at her rent house last night. She doesn't have a bed over there yet but slept on the couch. She hopes to be out of her house by 3-25 when insurance is due.

Might take Teigan McDonalds tomorrow night for supper.

Week-end is to be in high 50s Sat., Sun., and Monday. Teigan will be at Ryans and holiday on Monday so probably won't come home until Tuesday. His week-ends seem to be all the holiday ones.

I better go check the tax stuff and make sure we have it all together.

Katrina, congrats on car.

Jane, you are really moving on the house getting it done.

Deb, nice temps.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  9. MrsSoup

Evening!

I have been reading most of the afternoon and am already over halfway through the book I started today. DD walked to the Shoppette and got me some cough drops. I think i'll stay home tomorrow and then see how I am Friday to go back to school. I'm starting to cough a lot more now and am blowing my nose a lot and sneezing. DH put chili in the crockpot this morning and then made cornbread just a little bit ago but i'm really not hungry so haven't eaten yet. Don't know if I will at all. I didn't eat much last night either.

Pam- Hoping your rent does not go up!
    Lana- Sorry you are having car issues.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  10. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good afternoon,
    Back fro m the mall, got old car registration cancelled, got nails done, bought new work shoes and did groceries. Took number plates to car dealership so that they can put them on the car for next week. The dealer said that the car may be ready Thursday now. Was well under budget with groceries so was happy with that, the difference meant my nails and shoes were nothing.
    Have come home and am starting to unpack. We are having french onion pasta for dinner so hope that it is good. It is a relatively cheap meal so if it is nice it will go on the rotation.
    It is a beautiful late Summer day here, there is a great breeze so we have the doors opened. I think if I sit on the couch for a second I may fall asleep. Look forward to doing some knitting tonight.
    Hoping that you all have a great night.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  11. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Hi, again!

The roads are horrible here! Slicker than snot, or so I hear! I hope they are better tomorrow. Consequently, I may just walk down to the leasing office. They keep the sidewalks pretty clear around here. I am thankful for that. I may just drive over there. But I have to clean off my car, and hope that my car doors are not frozen shut!

John was a sweetheart today. Bought us lunch and then called me this evening and surprised me with a pizza! So we watched a movie, talked, and ate our pizza. He said the roads were terrible. I came home about 9:30. My head and back were hurting. And I was tired. So I put on my jams and have been on the iPad ever since. Except for when I texted my son. I am about to do that again to see if he got home safely.

Sleep well, dear friends. I will talk to you tomorrow!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  12. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Totally forgot to stop by this evening and now it's time for bed. Steady day, finished my latest book, and my Butcher Box was waiting when I got home. Bacon, sausage, hamburger patties, steak tips, steaks, chicken thighs and scallops. Should get enough meals for it to be about $3.80/meal. I'll let you know how it all tastes. It's all USA meat/fish/chicken, grass fed, wild caught, all that good stuff.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  13. jampss

jampss Well-Known Member

Nothing much new around here. DS16 had a good nine day streak of getting up and moving forward. Last Saturday it ended with he staying in bed till 3 pm. Anxiety and trying to hold it all together takes it toll. But on Sunday, he’s back on starting another streak. Next week is spring break from college .... praying he doesn’t sleep it all away.

MrsSoup and Ahorsesoul like this.