Wednesday March 13th, 2019

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lana, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Good Morning!

2. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Yesterday was a pretty nice day at the other branch. Lady brought the clothes in and out of 11 dresses 2 I didnt like in person and Teig P liked them and the short outfit.

Allen had turkey roast in the oven so I finished supper out and then Teig and I made cookies. She took a shower. Teigan went to tumbling wanted gpa to take her so Jaymee went to the house. They redid the grout yesterday in bathrooms and I guess didn't cover anything or tarp it off or open windows to blow outside and the black stuff was all over. So ...Jaymee started rewashing all curtains. Allen had started wiping window sills and such earlier. (ceiling walls trim) I will redo cabinets inside this weekend. The couch was picked up last night but the table they sent 2 colors. brown and gray and then upon replacing part of it right the box then contained two different colored for the benches in one box. She is to get 2 chairs, 2 benches and a table. Poor girl one thing on top of another. Looking like the move will be starting. I am thinking by start of next week they will be staying. Probably the weekend maybe. At least by spring they will be in.

Spring is 1 week from today. Allen will be 65 that day.

Nice to see Mel back. I sent you a Christmas card but it came back to me WAY after the first of the year.

I better venture on and get ready for the day.

The Dollar General in Ashley is moving along so it should be opening in less than a couple months I would think.

Have a GREAT day everybody!

3. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning!

Did gym and have pilates at noon. Will not be taking that class again, just find it super boring - Don't feel like going, but I paid and will go.
    Nothing new here.

Later

4. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Good morning,

Feeling green and grim this morning, first sick day since I've been back at work, going back to bed. Will chat later.

5. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Lana, I thought it was funny that it took so long for mail to get returned. I’d think they would want that mail out of there way sooner. But never working in a post office I do not know how it works. I always thought I’d like to have worked in the lost mail office. One time on the news the told about someone’s ashes that had been finally returned to family after 20 years or so. Sounds like detective type work I’d like.

We have a meeting this morning for DD. It will be here at the house.

Weather temps stayed above freezing last night with rain so a lot of snow has melted. Makes for heavy fog and a very icy yard for now.

Do something exciting today.

Lana likes this.
  6. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Active Member

Good morning.

It's sunny, cold, and SUPER windy. I made my morning walk to neighbor's house in 1/2 the time. I don't know yet what I'll do this afternoon. Tonight dd & I will take either dgd to gymnastics or dgs to swimming. I vote for gymnastics - the chairs are more comfortable than the bleachers at the pool.

Have a great day!

7. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Hi, Kids!

Well, open mouth, insert foot. I did it again. Last night I invited DD and familia to dinner on Sunday. Can't come. Sam has a soccer tournament on Sunday. And the next Sunday they will be in Florida. I told her I wouldn't bother her again. Let me tell you that I used to invite them all the time, but I quit because they never had time. I know I do not have a lot of years left. Just being honest. I want to have a relationship with my daughter. But she does not have time for me. Not even on my birthday last year. Since DSIL has the same b/d as me, they celebrate ( if you can call it that ) mine the day before. I had to readjust my Christmas to accommodate them, but the in laws still get them every Christmas Eve. Every other year we get holidays like Thanksgiving, Easter, etc. They always have it at their house, but SHE wanted it that way. Usually, we all bring something. I give up. I am so tired of this crap that I could scream! So last night,after she told me no, I said, "Ok.i won't bother you again." She took offense, and said, "what is that supposed to mean?". I wrote an answer, but saved it. This morning I deleted it. Pray for me.

I am at her house doing my laundry. I will be finished before any of them get home. At least, my Rocky boy loves me! He tries to get up in my lap. All 90 lbs of him. Boy I love this fur baby.

I am so happy that Mel us back. You crazy kid! I love you.
    Pamela, glad that you are back in the fold, too.
    Lana, it is going to be rough when Miss T and her mama move. But they won't be too far away.
    Diedra, hope all goes well at the meeting.
    Lucie, have fun at noon.

Well, load one is finished washing. The washer just sang to me, so I had best get going. I might get home by three o'clock.

Have a great day, Everybody. Stay safe and be blessed!

8. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I'm driving the kids to school this morning so not such a rush to get around. DD is going to the girl scout leaders house after school to help our friend's daughter work on a journey so since I have to drive her I decided to drive Eli as well. I need a break from the bus stop.

Maintenance is supposed to be coming to do the duct assessment sometime between 8-12 today. I have a meeting at 9 so DH will have to be home during that time. I really hope they show up while he's home. I don't feel like dealing with maintenance today. After my meeting i'll watch my last video and start working on my write-up for my performance assessment. Maybe i'll complete it today, who knows. I need to go ahead and activate my next class. I have to get to the Commissary today and get the chili for Eli's nacho party tomorrow and take it over to the school before the end of the day. Eli has scouts tonight, not sure if DH will take him or if I will have to, hoping DH.

Lana- I have never heard of some many issues with furniture like that. Gracious! I would have made the people that did the grout come back and clean that mess up! Ridiculous!
    Lucie- Sorry you are not liking the class. I have a problem with pilates and the moves, it always makes my neck hurt.
    Pamela- Feel better!!
    Diedra- I always wondered why it takes so long to be returned as well. Good luck with the meeting.
    Deb- Haha, I would choose the more comfortable chairs as well!
    Pam- I hope your day gets better.

Enjoy your day!

9. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

((hugs)) Pam.
    Diedra I liked your post about the lost mail :)

Class went well. Enjoy the rest of the day.

10. MrsSoup

DS's car broke down on the way to school this morning. :oops: Luckily it was here on post and just down the road from the house and I was headed home from dropping the other two off and coming right up from where he was. He called just as I was getting to the street he was on. I pulled up behind him and put on my flashers to alert traffic. A couple Soldiers doing PT asked if he was okay and he told them his car had shut off. They asked if he needed help and he started to say no, but then they realized that he would need to get it out of the road so they grabbed some more Soldiers and they all pushed it across the street into their unit parking lot. Thank goodness! It's not in a parking spot and just kind of willy nilly in the lot so we'll need to do something with it soon, but it's not in the road at least. I let him and his "female friend" (they are not boyfriend/girlfriend because she's moving this summer) take my car to school. I sure hope it's not because he didn't keep up on the oil in that darn thing and it's just an issue with the battery cables or something. DH might hurt him otherwise. o_O I bought him an entire thing of oil and he filled it up not too long ago so it shouldn't be oil. Hope it's nothing major!

11. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good afternoon to all. its 61 now but it was cold this mornng when i left for work. frost on the windows. we were kinda busy at work. trying to decide what to have for dinner tonite. might order a pizza have a good night

12. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello all! Early clouds with sun later. Hear there might be a cold front coming next week!

Went to the base and renewed our contract for storing the camper there, then had lunch at the beachside restaurant, SeaScapes, and hit the commissary and Class 6. DH is happy that he found a new bourbon - Horse Soldier is the name if anyone is interested. It was advertised in the base newspaper.

Heating up leftover eggplant parm for dinner. Tomorrow we go visit friends so I'm making a cheesecake and will do a broccoli salad tomorrow.

Faye - if I didn't have the eggplant pizza would sound real good
    Jess - hope DS's car is OK. The trip sounds great!
    Lana - I'm sure that when Jaymee's house is finally finished it will be beautiful!
    Pamela - hope you're feeling better
    Pam - no matter how you felt it's probably a good thing that you did not send what you wrote
    Diedra - are you going to get hit by the terrible storm targeting the mid-west?
    Lucie - what class will you want to take next year?

13. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Our big storm will be rain only. So maybe some flooding because of the combo of rain and fast melting snow.

For dinner I made Bacon Butties with homemade HP sauce. I did add avocados, lettuce and tomatoes. I’ll be making the HP sauce again. I had also ordered some IRN-BRU to complete our dinner. DD thought it was to bubbly, Dh said it was interesting and I thought it had a good cream soda taste. There is something in it I didn’t like which might have been the aspartame. It was a fun dinner. I’ve been reading books by some British authors so I thought we should try something from the books.

Dh bought a gun holster on eBay. It stinks of cigarette smoke. Very strong. You could smell it a room away. He’s been trying all kinds of ways to remove the order. Right now he is using Noc-Out and newspapers in a box. I did tell him to order it new but no he thought he was saving money getting it used. It did not say it was from a smokers house. Must have been 30 people smoking in the house. It doesn’t smell like a house fire but could have been.

I’ve had a terrible headache all day. I think my back is out of alignment so a trip to the chiropractor might be in my stars.

Can’t believe Facebook is still down. Some businesses will have problems too.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
  14. MrsSoup

Afternoon!

Facebook is finally up, at least for me. I finally tried again and was able to get on. I went to my meeting this morning and maintenance came just when we were finishing up. haha I'm glad DH had to deal with them. They are always pleasant I just get tired of dealing with the dogs when people like that come to the house. They were finished and gone so I didn't need to rush home and DH was able to head to work. I went to the PX and bought a food scale so we can weigh Eli's derby car, i'm sure i'll get other use out of it as well. Then I stopped by the Commissary and picked up the canned chili for the 4th grade Nacho party tomorrow and ran it over to the school. I have been home ever since. I watched This Is Us and New Amsterdam from last night and my last video for my performance assessment. I checked Eli's homework and am now debating a nap. I never did eat lunch as my stomach hurt for a little bit, but now i'm feeling hungry. I might eat some cup noodles.

The school counselor called to make an appointment with me regarding the request I made to have DS tested. We will meet on the 28th with the SSC, math teacher, himself, a rep from the district and whoever else shows up. He asked me some questions and then asked if I had DS's elementary report cards. I thought I did but I must have thrown them out in the last couple years. I used to have them in the filing cabinet but I think I purged before we moved here. Oh well. He did okay in elementary, but I do have his state test scores from SC and he was "Approaching Standard". I'll bring that, not sure if it will help any but it will show that he had trouble with math. Even in online school he got a C, I thought he did better than that. He got a 6/30 on his math final today.

15. PamelaG

I love the sound of your dinner. What books are you reading by British authors?

16. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Reading DCI Ryan (High Force) by L J Ross

17. PamelaG

Looks interesting - did you use regular bacon for your butties or a Canadian bacon? I wish I could find English bacon - it's so different, sort of a cross between the two and SO good! I could order it online but the shipping makes the cost crazy expensive.

18. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good evening,
    can't believe that I did not post this morning, oh well.
    DH birthday today, he turned 56
    A nice day , went to the mall and did groceries. Came in under budget so pleased with that. Bought quite a few things for Easter so will sit down soon and do the Easter baskets and make sure that I have enough. Got some nice cans of tropical apple cider that I thought would be different in the baskets, plus some chocolate Easter eggs.
    Got some small gifts from Target, a tee shirt for DS, a pair of shorts for DDBF, a DVD Batman Vs Superman that was $5 and will be put in DH stocking.

Came home and packed away groceries and then went to work for a pizza dinner and work meeting. Home now and ready for bed.
    I hope that you are all having a great rest,
    Night.

luludou likes this.
  19. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

One of our natural food stores had a cross between bacon and Canadian bacon. But Dh went to the store he thought the Canadian bacon looked better. Of course I had even showed him picture of what I wanted and told him NOT to buy Canadian bacon but...

The next time I'm in that area I'll pick some up and make it again.