Wednesday May 15 2019, belly-button of the week!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by luludou, May 15, 2019.

1. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning friends! Don't know if the expression 'belly-button' of the Week exists in English but in French we do have Wednesdays as 'nombril' de la semaine.

2. luludou

Was awake at 4:00, but still had a good sleep.
    Jess - that's what the massage therapist told me this Week - pereonal tendon.

No gym - as I am hoping my feet and ankles will recuperate. I think I'll do more online shopping ;) On Monday I had 2 packages by the patio window, one at the side door and one at the garage door :rolleyes:

Have a great day

3. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good morning Lucie and all who follow!

Lucie...We call Wednesday hump day. Lol. Sounds like you have been an active shopper. :p

Heading to school, hoping for a calmer day and a special. We ended up having coverage yesterday, so that was a bonus. It's just a rough environment. 18 school days to go.

Rain has stopped for now! Woo hoo!

I guess I better get moving....need to do hair, make up and get dressed for the day.

Peace and blessings....

4. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Morning Lucie and LIsa and the rest!

I also slept some better. Woke up but went back to sleep. I heard rain about 4 a.m. and was still raining at 5.

Last night Allen cut some branches at Aunt Imogene so Teigan and I went in and then went to play at the school on toys. Her house is down 2 houses across street from school.

Suppose to get chin waxed tonight but isn't bad so will see about next week on Tuesday night.

Lisa, how many will this make teaching?

Lucie, Christmas shopping or just shopping?

Teigan last night said she was excited and I asked about what and she said Christmas. Said honey you have 224 days (close) yet. She was talking and said all you have to do is write it down and Santa brings it. Told me to try it for a sewing machine. I said Santa let grandpa get a mower early so no machine for me. She said to try it...............so I might have to!

Have a GREAT day everybody!

5. FrostyShimmer

FrostyShimmer Well-Known Member

Morning all!

224 days until the big day!

It's pouring rain here. We did get some snow yesterday....nice to see! Doing more cleaning and decluttering. I think I have a few hundred books to donate...mostly old textbooks DH and I agreed we would never realistically read again. I'm horrible for holding on to books.

Hope you all have a great day!

luludou - I've never heard that expression....always hear people say hump day here.

Lana - Give it a try, you never know, the magic of Christmas and all :)

Lana and Ahorsesoul like this.
  6. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

I love the belly button expression!

Last DD and I went out to eat. Had a nice dinner of steak for me and a shrimp bowl for DD. We haven’t been to this place since last year. It certainly needs some maintenance. The table tops are peeling off the epoxy they had poured on them right in the places the hot plates are placed. Under the table was sticky. DD was pretty good. I had to hit up the restroom. So in the few minutes I was gone DD had gotten up to talk to the table next to us. So I need to remember not to drink water at dinner next time. lol

Looks like a beautiful day here. Dh has turned on the sprinklers for his lawn. I’ll have to water a few plants on the front porch later. I have 4 big plants he needs to carry out of the house today.

7. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Good morning,

Super-busy day yesterday at work since I was off Monday. Seems like today is going to be the same so just wanted to say a quick hello! Will try to update tonight.

Have a good day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  8. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Good morning, All!

I stayed up until 2 a.m. this morning reading a book. I had started the night before and just had to finish it. The title ZOYA by Danielle Steel. I don't usually read her stuff, but this was really good! It is one of the books I bought at the moving sale where I bought my blue chairs. I have read all but one.

I slept pretty well. Had about seven straight hours of sleep. That is a biggie for me! Then I catnapped for a bit more!

Yesterday, I worked in my bedroom. FINALLY put away all my laundry! Dusted, and tidied up a bit. Need to change my sheets today. But oh, when I got out of bed, I could hardly move! My hips and lower back were very painful...straight across from one hip to another! That has been happening occasionally. I hope it will be better after my shower.

Today, I hope to change my sheets and clean up Paris! If my body will hold out, that is. But it is a beautiful day out there. The sun is shining! Grass has grown like crazy! Our lawn maintenance peeps mowed a few days ago, and doing it again today! I hate the noise of the weed eaters and mowing machines!

Not too much else going on. Jay has not asked me to go with him to Steve's. Guess I will flat out ask him! You know how men are! Lol. Have a great day; stay safe and be blessed!

Last edited: May 15, 2019
    teachermomof2 likes this.
  9. PamelaG

I loved that book! It's a quick, easy read and in my area of interest. There's a great series about Imperial Russia - the series is called The Russians by Michael Phillips and Judith Pella, it's Christian historical fiction and the first book in the series is The Crown and the Crucible.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  10. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

It is raining again this morning. Eli is staying home today because he still doesn't feel good. I rescheduled my coffee plans for this morning for Monday so will stay home and work on schoolwork today, which I really need to do anyway. DS has an appointment this afternoon, follow up for his knee. Nothing this evening that i'm aware of, although they will probably throw Scouts in for Eli at the last minute like they usually do. They had crossover last weekend so I feel like they should just be done for the year. I think he's maybe owed some badges or something but maybe not. He's not continuing next year and missed some of the requirements for advancement because they are so unorganized and didn't preplan and threw things out at the last minute. Typical.

Lucie- Never heard that expression before. LOL Sorry you are having peroneal issues as well. Mine just will not heal for some reason. I hope yours heals faster!
    Lisa- Glad you had coverage yesterday and I sure hope today is calm.
    Lana- Love how kids think!
    FS- I'm the same way with books. I finally started purging a few years ago when I got tired of moving them every few years. I typically don't reread books but I saved my favorites.
    Diedra- I'm glad you and DD had a good dinner out. Sounds like you are feeling better, don't overdo.
    Pamela- Hope you catch a break sometime today!
    Pam- Love books that capture attention like that.

Enjoy your day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  11. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good afternoon . came home and unloaded the flowers i got from lowes. one more trip to the store tomo and i will have my flowers for my garden. suppose to be 91 sat and in the high 80s all next week. yuk!!!!!!!!!!!!! fixing spaghetti for dinner. enjoy your evening

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  12. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Pamela, I worked in two Christian bookstores and am well acquainted with the Phillips/Pella series. At the time, I was not that interested in fiction. Since then, I have become more in love with fiction, and have read one or two of the series. I have read so many books in the last 20 years that I cannot remember what all I have read. Lol. I read a lot of Janette Oake books, but I quit them, because they were all too much the same. I REALLY love the Jan Karon Mitford series. I have read them all twice! I need to get to the used bookstore pronto!

PamelaG and Ahorsesoul like this.
  13. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning,
    Sunny and bright here so that is a great way to start the day.
    I am off to Mum's to do some cooking for the freezer, Pea and Ham soup, Beef and Mushrooms (thanks for the recipe AJ) and Chicken pot pies. All will go into the freezer except for 1 pie which will be for dinner tonight.

Cleaned the freezer yesterday to make room and rotate so will be ready to load this when I get home.
    I hope that you all have a great day and that the ones of us that are sore heal soon.

14. luludou

It was just plain online shopping (except for a Jim Shore Santa for my stocking :) )

Pam could you get someone to come help a little at least with the hardest chores?

Plumber is here tonight. Patio table is assembled (seems it needs staining every year :( ) ah well.

Night

15. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

Luci, I have the same table from Ikea, Its been around for a few years and we have not stained it. We do move it to the garage when we know it is going to rain. It's not heavy and easy to move......

luludou likes this.
  16. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hi, everyone. Today was a better day. A final decision about whether or not students will walk in graduation should be made by 10:00 in the morning. Our lobby was full of angry parents and seniors this morning. My principal asked what my feelings are. I told him I feel they shouldn't be able to walk, because it's an insult to us as teachers to invest four years of our lives with them and then, they come and trash our school as a senior "prank." Plus, our handbook states that they will not walk if they are involved in any form of vandalism. I changed the commencement agreement today for next year, and it states that if they are involved in pranks or vandalism of our school at any time they are enrolled as a student at our school, they shall not participate in the graduation ceremony. It has other guidelines about graduation and has to be signed by both them and their parents and must be turned in for them to participate in graduation. Now, it will have to be approved by the board, with the new information about being involved in vandalism, and added to the student handbook for next year as well, so they are aware, coming in as freshmen, about the rule.

I went and got my hair cut after work. It feel so much better. I wish I could go in every day and let my hairdresser fix it. She said, "Now that you're retiring, you can come in once a week like the old ladies and get your hair washed and fixed!" DDIL dropped off DGS#2 with me. She had some errands to run and he didn't want to go.

I couldn't get Ancestry to work right last night to register my DNA kit, but got it registered tonight after I got home from church. I'm waiting my thirty minutes after brushing my teeth to do my sample.

I have potatoes growing in my potato vines! I'm so excited! I also picked two yellow squash today. I hope to cook the squash for supper tomorrow night. Both DGSs have baseball games, and I had intended to eat at the ballpark, but I may try to do an early supper before we go to the game. I have a very small roast that needs to be cooked. I'll get DD22 to put it in the oven before I get home from work tomorrow.

Katrina, you're making me want to do some freezer cooking.

Night, everyone.

Hope you all rest well.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  17. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Evening!

I got one unit done for school today and that's about it. DS's appointment went well this afternoon. The doctor decided to go ahead and order the MRI and put him back into PT. I'll make the MRI appointment tomorrow afternoon, hopefully they can get him in quickly. We're still unsure what's going on with the summer and him going to his dad's. DS decided he doesn't want to go on the Paris/Barcelona trip afterall so I need to call first thing in the morning and cancel. He will most likely be out the first payment he's made of $315, although his teacher said if we needed to cancel we would get a full refund. :rolleyes: The website says otherwise. We'll see I guess. I feel like it should be a full refund since we are over 300 days out from the trip.

We are getting ready to watch the season finale of Survivor, hope I can stay awake. Tomorrow is a busy day.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  18. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

good afternoon,
    I so love jumping on here and reading all about your days. Love that you are getting vegetables ready to pick off the vine, and that you are attending baseball games. Sounds lovely to me.
    I am tired, a busy day at Mum's but at least the freezer has some wholesome dinners in there that will keep us going for a while. Not a lot was done here today but will do some more Winter prep tomorrow.

Chicken pot pie for dinner tonight and then a bath and start the new book that I picked up from the library.
    Just been informed that there is a meeting tomorrow night at work, must set an alarm to remind me as it is not something that I usually do.

Have a good night my friends.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  19. PamelaG

Try the Red River of the North series too by Lauraine Snelling. Love her writing, all about Norwegian immigrants who make their home in the Dakota territory, before statehood. I think the series is up to 14 books, as the children grew up, married, and had children of their own. There's a prequel as well and a spin-off series about some cousins, I think. I've only read the first one of the spin-off series.

luludou and Ahorsesoul like this.