Wednesday May 20 2020

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by luludou, May 20, 2020.

1. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning

23.jpg

jampss and Ahorsesoul like this.
  2. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Good morning, Lucie! What a lovely picture you have chosen for today. Very peaceful.

While out yesterday afternoon, I must have hit my windshield wiper blades button, and then I never got them to shut off! What's up with that? I looked in the manual as I sat in my parking space, but never found a solution. Grrrr. I have enough stress right now. I don't need any more. I took the car over to show Norm. He would not get in it, because he is really scared of the virus. I think he is going just a wee bit overboard. He peeked inside, but refused to get in it. He does not want anyone to get in his vehicle, either. I'd had a key made for my apartment, because he lives closest to me. Then he said it seemed flimsy. Tough stuff, buddy!

I hope the weather is better today. This crap we have had lately is not even for the birds!

DD brought my laundry yesterday, so I guess I can get that put up today. I have a friend at church who wants some new masks. The ones she had made by another person don't fit right. I will adjust the elastics and make a couple of new ones for them. They are a sweet couple, and I spend time with them in our cafe at church every Sunday when we have church.

Just got out of the shower so I had best get dressed and get my day started. Sigh. Hope you are all going to have a fantastic day. Stay safe and be blessed!

jampss, luludou and Ahorsesoul like this.
  3. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good morning Lucie, Pam and all who follow!

It's 55* and cloudy here this morning. The weather app says sunny, but I don't see it. lol I'm up and at it this morning because I have to go for my fingerprints later this morning. The state now requires teachers to be fingerprinted every 5 years. Money making scheme. They have my prints on file and could just run them every 5 years, but no...that would make sense. I also had to renew my child abuse and state background checks this month, as well. Good news...I have no record.

Yesterday was a busy day....did my office hours, worked with some parents, talked to a friend, played frisbee and soccer with M, made dinner....it was good to stay active.

Today will be fingerprints, maybe I'll pick up lunch for m and me, then home to do some putzing around.

Pam...hope you get your wipers figured out. Sounds like they may be on delay.

Have a blessed day~

jampss, luludou and Ahorsesoul like this.
  4. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I slept fairly well thanks to my migraine pill at bedtime and my diffuser. DH is going to work today and should be there for quite a while. He will pick up my prescriptions while he's up there and i'm hoping he will run into the PX and see if they have a thermometer. It showed online two days ago that they did. There are none down here around us. If not, then i'll try ordering from Amazon but it won't get here until sometime in June. Oh well. The last package I ordered didn't get here at all and they were quick to give a refund. It wasn't anything important, just some disposable freeze pop molds because DH wants to make his orange Kool-Aid into freeze pops. :rolleyes: I can order a different kind at another time, maybe.

Schoolwork on the agenda for today since I haven't gotten anything done this week so far. I also need to do another practice math test. I'm hoping the headache will stay away and that i've kicked it for good for a while. Fingers crossed! So tired of feeling bad! I wouldn't mind spending some time on the porch today, it's breezy and cloudy.

Pamela- Guess I won't be ordering from Wayfair! Sorry you are having such trouble with your orders. I would take the refund for sure for all your trouble. I would imagine any replacements you get are going to be just as damaged.
    Katrina- I don't blame you for not wanting to work extra hours next month especially if coworker is coming back, what would be the point?
    Shannon- That's rough! I hope things will even out soon.
    Lucie- Definitely call and get ahead of it!
    Pam- Hope you can figure out the wipers! Ask John for help if you need to.
    Lisa- Yep, a money maker for sure!

Enjoy your day!

5. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello all! Sunny and in the 60's today. Just this side of cool.

Tried to take Buffy to the dog park today but it was closed. But she did get a nice outing and a good walk. Returned bottles (at least they are taking returns of something!), went to the bank and picked up favorite wings for lunch.

I will return to my decluttering. I see that the Vietnam Vets start picking up on June 3 in my area so that is my aimed for finish date. Can I inspire DH???? Probably not.

Jess - hope the migraine disappers
    Lisa - since you did so much yesterday, take a break today
    Pam - sounds lie Norm is overly cautious. Can't do much about that
    Katrina - hope you get your hours worked out

6. luludou

Did not sleep well, had sore throat and fever. Emailed doctor and she will up my pills so that should go better.

Another day of telework but it's really nice outside, wanted to go sit at noon but had a sheppard's pie to make for dh and made hamburger patties with the rest. Did the dishes.

ddil will come for a walk this afternoon and will stop by with xavier.

Received the masks a cousin made for us, so they will go in the car if I have to go somewhere.

Saw some beautiful bedcovers on SHEIN... never ordered from there but don't want to pay too much (its for dd's room in the basement), will think about it. Everywhere else the bedcovers are gray.... got 2 grays, now I'd like COLOR.

later

jampss, Ahorsesoul and teachermomof2 like this.
  7. girlsinmo

girlsinmo Well-Known Member

Good day everyone. Stopping by to say hi. I have been exhausted this week. And my back is still bothering me off & on so been trying to rest more. DH planted the last tomato plant in a container today and DGD watered them all. It's in the 70's today and warmer than yesterday.

Stay safe.. Take Care.. Enjoy your day..

8. luludou

Change of plans, seems Xavier is having a fussy day so they stayed home and I have to go after work a little while they take down the Christmas lights (they are having friends over tomorrow and want it done), so will have supper whenever I come back.

More pills delivered tomorrow, so I should be good to go for another while ;)

9. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good afternoon!

Fingerprints are done. My one pinky wouldn't take, so she said to use that one if I am going to commit any crimes. :p I tried to stop at Arby's to get us sandwiches for lunch, but the line at the drive thru was onto the 3 lane. Ridiculous. So we had LJS chicken instead. It was good and we love our hushpuppies.

I added some more math practice to my google classroom along with 2 other items admin has required us to add. Again, only 6 kids online, not sure how many are going to even see the info. M and I have been playing the one game that I added....I started just to see what the questions are, but she remembers it from elementary and is having fun playing.

I talked to my mom today, too. That's about it. Soon it will be time to start making dinner.

Jane...how's the infection?
    Lucie...enjoy that babe!
    Tricia...please take care of you!
    Debbie...so proud of you for all your decluttering!

ttyl~
    blessings~

10. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Well our church got a big shock today. Our pastor resigned and is going to Columbus IN. Think that is where Vice President Pence is from. Pastor's daughter is at a church there. I am NOT happy about that. It seems to me, now that I have thought about it, to be a flimsy excuse. They are two hours max away from the daughter and DSIL. This has depressed me terribly. Nothing I can do about it, but accept it. He just got a 4year recall a few months ago. I really like our pastor. He is a great guy. I will miss them. His last Sunday is the day our church reopens from the pandemic. Sigh.

I have been suffering with back spasms all day. Not happy about that, either. My throat is very sore. I have rested most of the afternoon. Got most of my laundry put away. I hurt too much to even put my comforter and blanket on my bed. I am so ashamed of myself. Debbie, when you finish your declutter, please come help me! I cannot get down on my hands and knees any more to get in my base kitchen cabinets to clean them. I have said it many times: getting old is not for sissies.

Have a good night!

11. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Steady teleworking day amidst all the upheaval here. Contractors showed up the do the siding - suspected the rotted sideboard had damaged farther underneath but not on the side of the house, just the wood frame that the new door is connected to so all that was replaced. Lots of mouse activity, much of the insulation was eaten away (ugh, mice eat insulation?) so that was replaced. I haven't seen a mouse since the pest control company put the mouse house outside and plugged up the gap in the siding with steel wool so hopefully that will still be the case when the new siding is up and the gap is no longer there. I've got the pest control people coming out on Friday to take a look. Second heating company came to give me a price, he was here for a long time - went under the house, in the attic, gave everywhere the once over. The price came in a little higher than the company from last week but we're going to go with them because I was really impressed with what this guy told us we needed to do to make sure the new furnace worked efficiently and they are a local company and I want to support them. He recommended a crawl space guy (a company I'm pretty sure I saw at the last home show) because our crawl space has zero insulation - it's one of the things that Vic was going to do when he has\d time (when will that ever be?) so they are coming out next week to give me a price.

All in all, a very home improvement-y kind of day!

12. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning all,
    It is a nice morning here, I am sitting in a tee shirt because it is quite mild. Winter starts June 1st so will get much colder, I am enjoying it while I can.
    Work for me this afternoon, will work from 1pm to 6-7 pm depending on the patients we have booked in. Before I go in I need to do one of the 5 home maintenance chores for the week, I would like to dust and wipe down all the lamp shades. I figure if I do 5 little chores through the week I should be in good form.

DH is in the office working, not sure what DS is up to today, hopefully if I remind him he will pull out the vacuum and do all the floors.
    Best grab a shower, bye for now.

13. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Afternoon!

I did a practice math test and then reviewed it and copied and pasted the questions I got wrong into a Word document to study. I tried to call my friend but she didn't answer. We haven't talked in almost a week since i've been down with my migraines. They must be out doing something fun.

DD and I made frozen hot chocolate for the first time. We shared with the boys and we all liked it. We only had Hershey bars but it came out tasty. Now we're watching the new Maleficent movie on Disney+. My head is trying hard to hurt again and i'm trying to ignore it. I've been drinking water all day, still probably not enough but more than usual.

14. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Done a few of my chores today, sorted paperwork that I will put through the shredder over the next few days. Got tax information out for doing taxes tomorrow. Spoke to the carpet cleaners about a quote for cleaning our couch and chaise and they said they can do it this afternoon. I have booked it in and DH will deal with it all as I will be at work. I think some of the little businesses are very slow at the moment so will be glad to help out plus get my couch cleaned. If they are good I will use them again as the price seems very reasonable. Will move the cushions and throws before I go to work.

Time to get lunch packed and get ready to head out,
    XOXO

15. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Frozen Hot Chocolate sounds great. I need to get my stuff together and get some mix into the Refrig.

Construction guys stopped by the finalize the deck plans. Simple deck out of cedar with extra wide stairs. Extra wide as in the step part is bigger. DD needs more of a landing than a step. They will put up stair rails too. Will be four steps down from the deck. Then they looked over the chimney. They will take it down. The brick is falling apart. There are little pieces on the roof and it looks like it's been repaired before. Time to go. They will put a vent and cap on it for the gas fireplace. We did find a whole package of shingles in the shed so they can match the roof. They asked when I'd like it done so I said Memorial Day. They'll let me know when it can get scheduled. But we all had a good laugh.

I was thinking it was Tuesday so now I feel like I've lost a whole day somewhere. I did get some more plants into the ground. Then I moved some lilies from around one of the trees that will be removed Friday.

Our local online garage sale had a Black Cat lamp for sale. Dh will go pick it up tomorrow. I'll give it to DD for her Birthday. It says it's in working condition. The cord looks like something from the 50s. I'll probably just put it on DD shelves with her Black cat collection. Or rewire it if she wants to use it. Will have to see if that's possible tomorrow.

Wishing all a good nights sleep.

What are you doing to set your life up to succeed? Or are you setting yourself up to fail?

MrsSoup, jampss and teachermomof2 like this.