Wednesday October 16, 2019

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by luludou, Oct 16, 2019.

1. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning !
    sleepy-hollow-farm-woodstock-vermont.jpg

Lana, housewife2 and MrsSoup like this.
  2. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Good morning, everyone.

I think the fall feeling weather has me in a cocooning/nesting mood. Another day of feeling like I would rather just stay at home. If I can only make it until Saturday. We have nothing planned - only second free Saturday since DH started back to work in August with school. I would love to go on a trip...one of the reasons I'm looking forward to DH's retirement in about 4 or 5 years.

I believe our temperatures are supposed to drop all day. We're at 61° and will be at 43° by tonight. We got plenty of rain, and I should be able to plant mustard seeds when I get home from work tomorrow. We have church tonight.

Lucie, thanks for the beautiful picture! I hope you have a great day at work!

Hope it's a good day for all of you doing whatever life throws at you today.

3. FrostyShimmer

FrostyShimmer Well-Known Member

Morning!
    Everything was frosted white this morning.
    Poor DD8 spent four hours in the emergency room last night. She had a very high fever and her heart rate was way too high. She'll be off school a few days again. I think she's home more than she's there.
    I need to find a new aritifical tree. Our old one isn't usable anymore. I'd love to find one that can switch between white and coloured lights.
    Only 70 days to go - can you believe it?

Lucie - Beautiful picture!
    missjane - I know what you mean - I feel that same way in the fall.

luludou likes this.
  4. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Good morning from chilly Missouri!

I am loving this fall weather! We are sitting at 42* this morning. Mom has gone off to work but I am in no hurry to shower and get ready to head to Columbia. I think my dad is probably golfing this morning. He texted last night and said to sleep in and just let him know when I was on my way. :rolleyes: Haven't seen you in two years but don't be in a rush to get here. Typical. I need to go to Starbucks while i'm there and pick up a Missouri mug for my friend. I still need to think of something to get my other friend.

We had a great time last night with our old friends. My mom's best friend (like a second mother to me back then) and her daughter that I went to school with but was a grade higher than me. We hung out sometimes but were friendly. It was fun catching up. We had a fantastic dinner of beans and black-eyed peas with cornbread and fried potatoes. Yum! I'm tempted to eat that for breakfast. haha

We had planned to take the train to Hermann on Friday but my stepdad said it's all sold out. :( We're hoping that maybe there will be some cancellations since the Cardinals lost last night. We'll see I guess. I was really looking forward to it. They go a few times a year and take a trolley to all the wineries once they get there. Or you can walk around the town and shop and eat and all that. We would do the trolley and winery loop I think, although i'm not big on wine. I just wanted to go.

Jane- I hope you get to do what you want this weekend.
    FS- Poor DD, can't catch a break.

Enjoy your day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  5. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good morning to all. getting some much needed rain this morning. today my son is 33 his son is 5 he wanted to make a video to sing happy birthday to him . my son liked that. we will have have afamily bday dinner on sun to celebrate. cleaning a little . have agood day

luludou likes this.
  6. cmerth

cmerth Well-Known Member

OH what a beautiful picture!!

It was very chilly here this morning. I woke up early so I finished touch up painting in the bathrooms. They look so much better. I did some desk work and then watched some tv.

I am very nervous. I am having a uterine biopsy tomorrow. I hear they can be kinda painful... they only do a local. It guess it is a must before scheduling a hysterectomy. They sedated me for my lung biopsy... wish they would do it with this biopsy.

I have the house almost ready for Thanksgiving... just in case they do surgery in a few weeks. I still have the kitchen left. Hopefully I will get some of it done next week.

Hope all of you have a great day... stay warm

Ahorsesoul and luludou like this.
  7. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

boy its pouring here my daughters dogs did not want to go out. they hate the rain . i had to push them out so they went quick. getting some housework done since i cant get outside

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  8. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

So.. this Morning did gym, had lunch with some cw's… work was… ok I guess, but a touchy file to take care of.

tomorrow they are saying lots of rain and very windy! I want the weekend here already!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  9. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Well-Known Member

Hello. I do not have the patience to do home school. Dsil thinks the kids can do schoolwork at the same table. News flash...No they can NOT. So one kid was in the kitchen and the other had to move to the dining room. I'm not sure they can even be on the same floor...or house...without talking and bickering.

I tweaked my to-do list, and I still can't get through all my "must-do"s, never mind getting to the things I want to do. Is a nap a must-do or a want-to-do? I read something last night that I like..."You may feel like you are still twenty, but your mind writes checks your body cannot cash anymore." Time to tweak some more.

Chicken & rice for dinner, and then gymnastics & swim. I hope I get gymnastics - and then the second Harry Potter movie while I do dishes and crochet.

Have a nice day!

luludou and Ahorsesoul like this.
  10. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

GrammaDeb, I home schooled for a few years and K-2 and when second child was introduced it was hard for the eldest one to keep opinions to himself because he thought the sibling was doing it all wrong, two totally different learning styles. Made for some interesting days. Actually, I created Mommy land then. After lunch Mommy went to her room for an hour while dchildren rested.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  11. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Well-Known Member

These two are boy/girl twins - they will be 13 on Saturday. They share some classes at school - 7th grade. Both are 4.0 students, and they each feel the need to school the other. I give kudos to anyone who home schools.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  12. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good evening from windy, chilly PA!

Temps have dropped and wind and rain are moving in. It rained on and off today, but there is more to come and a wind advisory until 8 pm tomorrow. We finally caved and turned on the heat...very low, but it has taken the chill off of the house after a few nights in the mid 30s.

It's been a hectic week so far. Work is crazy. It's just exhausting. So much is going on....our debit card was hacked, so had to take care of that on Tuesday since Monday was a bank holiday. The Tahoe had to go into the shop because they didn't install the radio correctly the last time we were there, so that's fixed. M had her last two soccer games Monday and Tuesday. Soccer is officially over for this season. I just wrote out some October birthday cards to get in the mail. I did a load of laundry....M's uniforms get turned in tomorrow, so they needed washed, made dinner for M and me, and wrote out reservations and a check for the soccer banquet. I need to do some laminating for school. Karla isn't 100% yet, but gets better each day.

J celebrates his 50th birthday on Saturday. I am taking him to a comedy show and to dinner on Friday night. H will be home, too. Then we'll have cake with the parents on Saturday evening while watching the Penguins play. I think J and I are going for a drive on Sunday....hoping there is some fall foliage left after this weather event. The colors are good this year because the weather has been just right to produce a beautiful change.

That's about it. FS....hope dd is feeling better soon! Deb...could never homeschool my own kids. Bless you! Carrie...sending good thoughts for you for tomorrow's procedure. Jessica...hope the train ride works out for you.
    Jane...I'm with you! Fall is my cozy time....just want to be home. Thankful for tonight at home! Hi Lucie and Jody!

Better get to that laminating!

~peace and blessings~

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  13. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning. Woke up at 4 to a great thunderstorm rolling in. It was very loud and produced a great deal of rain. It is grey and really windy here today, a great day to stay inside but we don’t want to waste time on the island. Will be going to a museum soon and then perhaps some shopping

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  14. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Today was a wild day. I had to run around doing business things then stopped for a haircut. Stop to chat with the glass people who cut some plexiglass for the tables in the sunroom. They weren't sure the plastic stuff would look ok. It looked just like glass once in the tables. They liked seeing the photo I had taken.

Dh had gone to Sam's Club for Halloween Candy this morning. I called to tell him I had to leave the house and he should head home. He had found some clearance items at Sam's. One is a kids (3 to 7yrs) riding motorcycle on sale half price. I had asked him if they had a moving dolly, he said no. But then he looked and found one. Told him to stop looking and head home.

Dh had a shed to be delivered at noon so he made it back before they arrived. They being one teenage looking kid (probably 30 or so but looked like a kid to us) who got the shed almost into the spot we wanted. He ended up a 1 1/2 feet off on one side. We will be ok with it since there isn't much we can do. Plant some bushes and no one will be able to tell. So now Dh had his shed but he couldn't drive his lawn mower into it. We need to build a ramp. I told him to head for Home Depot for some of those truck bed ramps. We can build a ramp in the spring after the shed settles in. He's off doing that now.

DD went to bed just after 6pm because she didn't take an afternoon nap. I'll have to hit the hay soon to be up early with her.

Eva La Diva is really liking her dog class on Monday nights. Dh put her leash on and she ran for the garage door. Now anytime someone goes for the garage door she will sit at the door expecting to go. Not that she's excelling at the class. She really likes to social life. She runs the fence line when the dog next door comes out. They are so cute running up and down the fence line. It's fun to see them both stop at the exact same time. Both panting. Which is nice because poor ole Boots La Diva is no longer interested in playing all day long. Me neither.

Nite all.

P.S. The apple pie was just what a long day needed.

luludou likes this.
  15. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hi, everyone.

I had a couple of extremely brief dizzy spells at work, so I'm taking it easy and going to bed early tonight. I think I'm just exhausted. I did go to church and made cheesy chicken spaghetti for the kids. I had a lot of help, so that was good, too.

Interesting day at work today, but I won't bore you with that.Let's just say I'm going to keep going and doing what I can do. Dr. R is going to have to take care of the rest, because Dr. C and I are doing everything we know to do to promote the clinic. Dr. C feels the same as me.

Diedra, lots going on at your house to keep getting the settling in done. Glad pup has an across the fence friend!
    Lisa, happy early BD to DH! I know you're glad soccer is over and that you get to see H this weekend.
    GrammaDeb, I've always known I could not home school my children. I would definitely say a nap is a must-do!
    Carrie, hope things go well tomorrow. When I was younger, I had to have a cervical biopsy done with no anesthesia...not even a local. It wasn't unbearable, but I tried to relax as much as I could I had cramping afterwards. That's about all I can remember.
    Katrina, inside things sound like what's best on the agenda today. I agree...never waste a moment!
    Faye, funny about the dogs...doesn't take them long when they don't like rain or cold! Happy BD to DS and DGS.
    FS, I hope DD8 feels better soon. Good luck finding the tree you want.
    Lucie, I'm right along with you for wanting the weekend.

I'm off to bed, everyone. Praying you all rest well.

16. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Hello there!

Rainy day here, it will be like this for the next four or five days. Headed off to work this morning with a cake, plates, napkins, forks, and a Happy Boss's Day banner only to find out when I got there that our boss had a water heater malfunction and had to stay home for the repairman. Put the cake in the fridge and we'll celebrate tomorrow.

Work was busy off and on, home now for some bill-paying and work on switching all my auto-pays from the American Express hack. Ugh, what a pain! Dinner, Outlander, and bed are on the agenda after that.

Ahorsesoul likes this.