Wednesday October 24th 2018

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by luludou, Oct 24, 2018.

1. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning MHH world!

2. luludou

Slept fitfully but slept. Did gym this morning.

Last night dh picked up a dining room table for ds's new house. Their LR couch wll be delivered to our house in 2 weeks. I don't understand why they couldn't wait to be in their house (they do have a smaller dining room table and another couch right now so they could've managed). Everything is in boxes and you don't know if they are ok or not until you set them up. What was the rush? oh well, it is what it is.

I varnished my woodslice ornaments last night. Made 'handmade by Lucie' tags for nothing, it'll be simpler just to sign in back of the wood slice and put the date. I'll add the hanging ribbons tonight.

Not much going on. Have a great day

3. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Hello!

Waiting for my egg to boil.

Teigan went out maybe 8 or alittle after last night and woke up about 6:30 this morning and said I had enought sleep and ready to get up. She was alittle stuffy last night.

At lunch will cut out some more on a turkey potholder I am going to try.

Have a GREAT day!

Teigan did good at the dentist and he said she was alittle advanced with several back teeth coming in.

4. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

Good Morning Lucie and Lana.
    Today is a full day of volunteering and than dinner out with friends. I have a little time before between volunteering and dinner which I will use to hunt down the items I need for a Christmas gift. It will involve at least 4 stores if I have the time.

Lucie, Have you ever done a sleep study, I had to do one in January and I ended up with a CP machine. Apparently, my oxygen level went way down several time an hour. I had such restless sleep until then, now I sleep through the night and hardly move. Just a thought.
    Lana, Certainly, is the time of year we must make good use of our time. I must work harder at it myself.

Have a good day to all.

5. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Active Member

Good morning All. I slept thru my alarm this morning - the first snooze woke me. I have never done that before. The dgkids were ready for school 15 minutes early. Yay. We found the cutest pants for dgd's birthday. They are warm-up pants, for gymnastics - feels like spandex leggings, looks like ragged holey denim jeans. She wore the pants to school today, expecting to get dress-code checked. We'll see how that works out for her.

Today I'm sitting with my neighbor. She had a bad nightmare last night, and his morning she told her DH she was going to sleep all day. She was actually up at 8:00 and ready to get dressed. I anticipate naps in front of TV, maybe for both of us. I need to concentrate on my messy bedroom when I get home. Tonight is swimming for dgs and gymnastics for dgd.

Have a great day everyone.

6. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I slept well but am still exhausted this morning. I'm almost 100% positive I have a monster cyst on my ovary and I think that's why i've been so exhausted lately and just blah (not the flu shot). It's painful as well. DH asked if I needed to be seen but there's not much they are going to do except maybe send me for an ultrasound but unless they call down and tell them I need one immediately (same day) then I wouldn't get in for weeks, and it would most likely rupture by then, so nothing to see. This happens on a regular basis but sporadically if that makes sense and it will last for a week or so and then be fine.

I have 2 meetings this morning and then DS has his nutritionist appointment so i'll need to pick him up from school. Nothing this evening. I need to print out the study guides for my schoolwork this week so I can get started on that.

Lucie- I agree on the couch. Now they have to get it from your house to theirs. Seems like an extra hassle. You could always Mod Podge the tags onto the wood slice.
    Lana- Yay Teigan!
    Jody- That's some gift to involve 4 stores! LOL
    Deb- I'm glad that the morning went well!

Enjoy your day!

7. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good afternoon to all. very slow day at work. its very chilly out jacket weather. steak baked pototo and salad for dinner. stay warm

8. Doodlebug

Doodlebug Well-Known Member

Hello to all!! I was suppose to volunteer at the Pumpkin Patch today but she asked if I could come tomorrow and Friday instead of today. So that is what In will do. It is cloudy and overcast today.
    Will get some work done today for the Nominating Committee that I am Chair of. Need to do one more load of laundry and unload the dishwasher.

Lana, glad Teigan had a good Dentist visit.
    Deb - dgd's pants sound really cute

9. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Another busy morning - mammogram, doctor's appointment to review labs, then waited at the pharmacy for an hour! Ugh, sometimes I get so frustrated but then I remember that military medicine really is a great benefit. Stopped at the car dealer to line up appointment for new tires, brakes check, oil change, and road trip check. Picked up my reserve items at the library - the latest Danielle Steel and a movie Vic wanted to see, The Leisure Seeker, has anyone seen it? Final stop was the commissary for a few groceries and now I'm home with the goal of finishing off the books inventory. Rudolph Day tomorrow, not sure what's on my agenda yet but whatever it is, Christmas Vacation will be on!

10. MrsSoup

Everyone is off to school this morning. I did look for an appointment today but there weren't any. I'll try again tomorrow morning, if for no other reason than to get a referral to GYN.

DH has been having some issues with his CAO case. The woman has been extremely rude and just a hard person to handle for most of it. She's in her 60's and she was the second wife. She has no benefits coming to her because the husband signed a paper declining any death benefits way back when (irreversible) and she doesn't want to accept that so she refuses to go to the appointments she needs to go to in order to finalize the case and then has been texting DH rude things telling him that he isn't doing his job with her. She thinks if she complains enough that the Army is just going to throw money at her I guess (definitely doesn't work that way). He finally went down to the CAO office this morning and talked to them and they basically said that his obligation with her is up in two weeks and he needs to just lay out for her what she needs to do and it's up to her whether she does it or not. At the time his obligation is up she can call and request another CAO or do the things she has left by herself. They warned him when he was given the case that she was difficult. It's been a difficult 3 months for him that's for sure.

11. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello all! Sunny and chilly outdoors today.

Returned Cutco knives to Costco because DDIL wants white handles and we got black. Oh, well. Hope we can find as good a deal on white ones as we did on black. Then went to Michael's for the letter "p", Walmart for some odds and ends and BB&B where I got some cute Hanukkah coasters.

DS's birthday was on Monday and he was in London. Got a text from DDIL that to celebrate his birthday and mine she had made dinner reservations and gotten us tickets to see Billy Joel on Saturday night at Madison Square Garden! Very thoughtful and I am very excited about it!!!

Otherwise knitting and stuff - stir fry for dinner.

Jess - if you hurt you should try and get something done about it
    Pamela - military medical/drug benefits are really great
    Doodlebug - it's always laundry day!
    Lucie - ornaments sound great
    Lana - are you getting used to eating breakfast?
    Deb - When I slept through the alarm I knew I needed to retire;)
    Faye - dinner sounds good
    Deidra - how's Vanessa doing?

12. luludou

Billy Joel? wow!

Been a busy afternoon, geez I hope I learn the ropes soon, been having a hard time finding how to do some things, but I will get there.

dh will pick me up later he has an errand to run.

so my mom bought me a red truck like the one I picked up... she forgot we told her I had one :( will see if it can be exchanged.

13. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning,
    Coffee and then out the door to pick up mum for groceries. A work crew is across the street replacing a blow street light. My dogs are barking in protest.
    Better go, will speak soon.

14. cmerth

cmerth Well-Known Member

I am finally getting on here.

I finished cleaning my kitchen for GHP and then messed part of it up by making 4 loaves of pumpkin bread. I just have a few dishes to wash and it will be back to its "extra clean" state.

Kiddo is home and well as Hubby. Guess everyone had a light day. I am working my in laws anniversary party/reunion. My brain hurts... not a headache... just my brain. Do people not read their Facebook messages anymore?? I have been leaving people messages and no one gets back to me. Driving me nuts!!

I need to make supper in less than an hour. Wish I could sneak in a nap. I woke up at 4am with my shoulder in a pinch. I am kinda tired and cranky. :(

Well.... I guess I better go knit for a short while and then make supper. I am going to crash and knit for the rest of the evening.

15. luludou

Got home at 6:15, uggg! supper was leftovers. Finished putting ribbons, signed & dated woodslice ornaments. They will just need wrapping.

Night

16. MrsSoup

Hey friends!

Commissary focus group was good. The manager always has fresh fruit and such for us. I rushed from there to my Battalion meeting. I was one of two spouses there. It wasn't very informative or useful. The most useful thing to come from it was that I found out there will be a Division Ball, but I have no idea when. I came home after that and made DS a sandwich and went to pick him up from school. I was later than I wanted to be and ended up in line on the road. Picked him up and headed back for his nutritionist appointment. We had trouble finding parking but were still early for the appointment and then ended up sitting there for 20 minutes after his appointment time.

The nutritionist was nice enough and talked to DS about his diet and future goals. We walked out with a list of goals for him and he'll go back the first week of December. I need to make a list and go to the store to make those goals happen, but it won't be today. DS is off to work, reluctantly. DD has her cupcakes in the oven for tomorrow. I need to figure out dinner tonight. We can't have another on the fly night, that's not going to go over with my husband again. We really don't have anything to throw together though. I need to make a good meal plan and stick to it, I just have no energy! :(

17. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

Just got home from a long day. Had a good time with the 3 and 4 year old students. They are starting to remember me when I come in and I get big smiles and waves as they enter the room.

I only shopped 2 stores and neither one had what I was looking for. I will have to look online to see if I can find what I need.

Met up with my two teacher friends. 2 of us are retired and 1 is still at the school. She has the hardest class that she has ever had since she began teaching. She can do, she gets determined and she will win them over.

Tomorrow morning, I need to go to a friends house and put her kindergartener on the bus for her. She has an early meeting and needs my help. When I get home it will be time to sew. Hope to sew the majority of the day.

18. sweetpumkinpye

Back from the mall. It was a nice surprise to see the mall decorated fro Christmas. The HUGE tree is in the central plaza and there are lit wreaths and swags all over the place. Very festive. I forgot to ask the concierge at KMart when their giving tree will be up. I have quite a few donations this year.
    Came in under budget with the groceries which is always nice. Picked up a few things that weren't on my list but I do that often.
    Have not put all the food away yet, will have a quick rest and then do it.

Dinner tonight is chicken breast stuffed with cream cheese, bacon and diced jalapeno. Not sure what it will be like but it looks good.
    Have a great night all.

19. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hi, everyone.

Is it Friday, yet???!!

A tough night for me with a lot on my mind. Thoughts of retirement, my niece's financial situation, my other niece's burns. I want to be able to help, but I want to be sure I do what I'm supposed to...what God leads me to do, not just jump out there and do it my way. I'm praying for guidance and wisdom. I've prayed for a lot of years that God would send someone to my niece in Vegas who would witness to her and take her away from what was out there. Well, He's done that..taken her away from there...and it appears He's sending her to me to be the witness. What a sense of humor He has! Nothing will make me happier than for her to become a Christian. I recognize that not everyone does, and that's their choice, but from personal experience, I can tell you I've tried life with Him and without Him. My life is much better with Him than it ever was without, and I want that for her.

I talked to a friend this afternoon whom, like me, had planned to teach for 40 years and then retire. I'm sorry to say that she's like me...just can't see herself going that long due to the way things are going in education. She said she read that in 15-20 years there will not be anyone who wants to go into education. Her prediction is 8-10 years instead. I was sad to hear that she's throwing in the towel after next year. She's an excellent teacher.

Jess, hope you don't wait to go to the doctor. I know you like being involved in everything, but is there anything you can back off from so you can take care of the menu planning? It's one of the best things I do for myself. I hate coming in and wondering what we'll eat. Maybe plan on Sunday afternoons and go shopping first thing Monday mornings as soon as everyone is off to school?
    Jody, I hope you find what you need for the gifts.
    Lucie, I'm sorry...you seem to be struggling in your new position. You seem to learn fast, so I hope things begin to flow better for you.
    Katrina, I think I'll come eat with you! Christmas decorations make my heart sing!!
    Carrie, hope you got an early night to bed. No fun waking up in pain.
    Debbie, who wouldn't be excited about Billy Joel! You have an excellent DDIL!!
    Pamela, my word! How do you find time to read with all you have going on and the packing?! You're a wonder!
    Faye, after I finish at Katrina's, I'll head to your house next! I have decided that a good steak with a baked potato is my favorite meal. Do you like the cooler weather? I do!
    Debbie, I bet being at a pumpkin patch is fun. DH's school takes group to one near us every year, but I've never been. I think there's an admission fee, but includes a small pumpkin.
    GrammDeb, what a relief that things went more smoothly this morning...fingers crossed it continues.
    Lana, do you have a pattern for the turkey potholder? Sound interesting. Kids are so funny. DD25 used to wake us up and say, "Mr. Sunshine is awake. It's time to get up!"

Hope I didn't skip anyone.

I'm off the bed. Should have tried for earlier, but didn't...oh, well.

Rest well, everyone.

20. sweetpumkinpye

MissJane. Dinner was so good and you are welcome anytime.

missjane likes this.