Wednesday October 9th 2019

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by luludou, Oct 9, 2019.

1. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning!

2. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

A nice 16C in the forecast for today. Another 'hot' night :( Did gym this Morning. At noon I have an appointment with physio students here at work for an evaluation and an exercise program.

Printed out a pattern for baby hat and a shawl.. my next crochet projects!

Decided to do a scavenger hunt for nephew and 2 nièces this weekend (8 and 10 years-old), the prize will be a roll of M&M's for each of them :)

Later

PamelaG likes this.
  3. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Good morning, Lucie, and all of MHH LAND!

Slept a little better last night. It is very cool this a.m. Should warm up to the lower 70s by afternoon.

I bought Jay a pair of jeans for Christmas, but they are too long. I am sticking with the waist measurement, tho. I get tired of seeing his belly hand out over the waistbands! So unattractive. Yuck!

I really need to work around here so I can sew this week. I have been gone so much that I have let things slide, and everything looks like crap around here. And, of course, there is always my nemisis of back pain! Ugh!

Guess I should eat some breakfast, and then take my shower. Or maybe should go back to sleep! That sounds like good idea, too! Lol.

Hope each of you has a great day. Stay safe and be blessed!

4. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Morning!

Teigan to school and I called about a possible vacation day on Dec. 13th we see tho if I need it. Jaymee has tickets for Polar Express on the 15th but she sees where first class is still available for the 13th and wasn't the other days so will see what is decided.

Need to call Kohls about a payment that I did thru bill pay and it didn't come out.

I need to go see what the plan is for the day to be nice today and tom. 81 and rain coming in and then temps drop for the week-end.

Have a GREAT day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  5. FrostyShimmer

FrostyShimmer Well-Known Member

Afternoon!
    77 days to go!
    Kids are feeling well enough for school so I'm scurrying around trying to clean up and catch up on some laundry.
    Have a great day all!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  6. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I think i'm about to cancel cable and just use Hulu, Netflix, and buy a Firestick. The bill keeps going up and I was reading out current statement and it says the charges are going to go up again on our next bill. o_O We paid almost $200 this go round for cable, internet and phone. We don't even really need the phone but internet is a must. We have been talking about it, I think i'm scared to bite the bullet and do it. Do anyone of you just live on these things? Do you find that you miss anything? I can get most of my favorite shows on Hulu, just not sure about my Food Network shows and the local news.

DD has her haircut appointment this morning and then I guess we'll decide what to do with our friends. We talked about Ice Palace (ice skating). I would love to go to the Waimanolo Sunflower Patch because I haven't been. My ankle is hurting too bad to even attempt ice skating so I would just watch plus we'll have the 3 year old with us. We'll see I guess.

My ear has been crackling, fluid in there I suppose. We went to BWW last night for dinner. We had a great waitress, it's always more enjoyable when you have someone good. Maintenance is supposed to come back today and actually turn up the heat on our water heater this time because it's definitely not hot. :eek: So frustrating. I took a warm bath last night. Ick! My poor muscles need a HOT bath.

Lucie- A scavenger hunt sounds like fun for them!
    Pam- Good idea on the pants, they can always be hemmed.
    Hi Lana!
    FS- Glad everyone is feeling better!

Enjoy your day!

7. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

If you're thinking about cancelling your cable, check out Sling. There are some customization options where you can pick channels that you want, might be a better way to get the Food Network but the local news is probably something you will have to give up. If your bill is going up, check with your cable company. Often your first year has all sorts of promos that disappear on your one year anniversary date. Sometimes it's just a matter of contacting them and having them assign new promo codes to your account for the next year. You have to call every year, which is crazy, but it's worth it.

8. PamelaG

Hello there!

CRAZY and EXHAUSTED are the key words here. So, so busy at work Monday and Tuesday which meant I was good for precious little when I got home. Dragged myself to my hair appointment on Monday, stopped at the store for tea (yikes, I ran out of tea!), and by the time I got home, it was 7:00pm. Only managed one blog post so far this week. Today I am off - gutter cleaners are coming today for the first time so I wanted to be here for that.

Another jumbo paycheck for Vic which I know is wrong so I'll take out the usual amount and put the rest into savings for the day when they realize the mistake and take it back. Vic has contacted the finance office but who knows when they will get around to fixing it. Honestly, does no-one take responsibility for something as serious as someone's paycheck? I'll be so thankful when we get an earnings statement that has only what we are entitled to and nothing else!

Hope you all have a great day!

9. MrsSoup

We had a two year promo deal and that was up a couple months ago. They are unwilling to give existing customers continuing promo deals here once yours ends, they are only for new customers they say. :rolleyes: We don't have any options for cable here like on the mainland and they know that so they don't have to really work with us. Their prices just keep going up in different areas. Coming up on the next bill the price for the receivers are going up by $5 and the internet is going up by $5 and the taxes are going up by so much, etc. Last month something else went up in price and a few months ago something else went up in price, I think the actual cable package on top of our promo ending. Just ridiculous!

I will look into Sling and see if we can get that here and how it works.

10. MrsSoup

My debit card was hacked and someone made several charges in the UK to Ralph Lauren and Groupon and even tried something on Fridges something or other but they caught that one and denied it. I got an email from USAA saying to call them now for a Fraud Alert. I checked the bank account and called immediately. They cancelled my card and are sending a new one to my mom's house since i'm flying out on Saturday and it wouldn't get here in time. They said 2-3 days coming FedEx.

The only places i've used my card lately have been the Commissary, McDonalds, Target and Starbucks I believe. Wonder which one it was? Makes me want to just use cash for everything. I'm betting it was McDonalds. It could have been Starbucks but I just went there yesterday, although the guy behind the counter was pretty strange. I'll have to start using my Starbucks card from now on and cash when possible for fast food. I used self checkout at the Commissary and Target. I did use an ATM last week, I guess it could have been that, but DH has used the same ATM and so has DS with no problems. Ugh! I'm going to have to take DH's card today because DD is getting a haircut and we have plans with friends. I'll just have to get cash for my trip to my mom's to have until I get my card. Such a pain in the rear. I'm so glad they caught it quickly though and contacted me. I was going to look at the account later and do the check ledger so I would have seen it, but i'm glad they are on top of it.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  11. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Well-Known Member

Hello. I was up early to get the kids ready for school. As soon as I was out of the shower and dressed I received a text from neighbor's dh - he is coming down with a cold and told me he wasn't going to work today - he wants to rest. I'm sorry he doesn't feel well, but it's good for me...I have a to-do list that is longer than my arm. Driving home from dropping off the kids at school I thought something is wrong in my life - I need to stop trying to do so much, and remember that I want to enjoy this journey.

So...I unloaded the dishwasher and reloaded and got it started. Chopped veggies for the guinea pigs and let them out to play and munch. And now I'm at the computer getting ready to print pictures for a photo album of ds growing up, for his ds. I'll have to check out youtube again, because I can never remember how to print pictures with our new printer.

Lucy, a scavenger hunt sounds fun!
    Pam, I hope you get everything done that you want to get done, so you can move on to your sewing without it hanging over your head.
    Lana, our dgkids loved their Polar Express trip several years ago. Teigan will love it, and she'll always remember.
    FS, so nice the kids are feeling better.
    Jess, good luck with your cable dilemma. We went through a bit of withdrawal when we moved in with DD - they gave up cable years ago. We have Netflix, Amazon, and internet. I just pick up the news on my phone. That's scary about your debit card.
    Pamela, I hope they get Vic's pay straightened out soon. Frustrating.

Have a great day everyone!

12. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning,
    I am procrastinating this morning. Really should be dressed and at mum's to do groceries but am feeling a bit lazy. We are just going to the small local mall today. I do not have much on my list so hopefully will come in way under budget.
    A work meeting tonight at 6.30 at my office and the a hens/bachelor party for the couple getting married on Saturday. The hens party starts at 9.30 at an 80's bar in the city. I do not want to be doing anything at 9.30 except climbing into bed but I will go as I don't think many others are going. I will stay for a short while and then make my excuses.
    Better go, the groceries await!!!!

13. happy2bme

happy2bme Well-Known Member

Howdy,

The roads were in great shape this morning, so happy about that. It was warm enough that I didn't have to scrape my car, very happy about that.

A horrible, toxic coworker who has made everyone miserable for the last 3 years was relieved of her duties this afternoon, VERY HAPPY ABOUT THAT!!

I need to wash dishes and pack my lunch for tomorrow and fold a load of laundry.

Good night.

luludou, GrammaDeb and Ahorsesoul like this.
  14. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hi, everyone.

I'm definitely going to start making extra payments on the new car, because I do not want to work full time until it's paid off. Work seems to be increasing rather than becoming less. I'm doing a lot of the PR work, as well as patient records and managing employees. I think I deserve a raise! I actually went over time by 4 minutes Tuesday...one of the days I would like to start leaving early. SMH! I'm very thankful for the job...just wish it were less hours.

DH had supper cooked when I got home Monday night and I worked on repairing two football jerseys for DS. I had a meeting last night and church tonight. DGS#1 has a ballgame tomorrow night...his last one as an 8th grader. They'll walk across the field with their parents before the game. I'll probably cry! I'm staying home Friday night. DH is off Friday and Monday for fall break....I...am not! We work the election polls Saturday, church Sunday, and back to work on Monday...no rest for the weary. I think I may have to be sick one day next week. lol

I had some sort of weird episode last night. It was as if I had a chill, but didn't have any fever. It lasted about 5-8 minutes. Shivering, teeth chattering, muscles in my legs twitching and shaking. I've had them before, but it's been almost a year. I figured it would wake up DH, but it didn't.

Jess, I'm with you on the outrageous prices for television. DH must have sports channels and Cubs baseball, so I just suck it up and pay it. Our water bill charges increased this month...we went from around $50 to $80. :eek: You may never know how the hack happened. It was a Sonic here that had it happen. Thankfully, it didn't get us, because we get things there often. Couldn't be worse timing since you're about to go to your mom's.
    GrammaDeb, glad you got a day off. Hope neighbor feels better soon. That is too funny about the doll in the hall!
    Lana, how funny about the pond...glad she was okay.
    Mel, I know if I lived somewhere where they was snow frequently, I would hate it, but to get it occasionally would be great! Doesn't look like this will be the winter for it, though.
    FS, thank goodness the girls are all well enough for school. They'll develop tougher immune systems, but it may take this whole school year for it to happen.
    Katrina, I agree about wanting to be nowhere but in my bed at 9:30...you're a good friend to support her that way.
    Pamela, how frustrating, but it's good you've had enough experience to know what to do. I'm sure some of the younger, less experienced military families have no idea and spend it all. We had that happen to some young coach's wives. If they change jobs and stop coaching, they won't get an August paycheck! Yikes!
    Lucie, you're a good aunt.
    Pam, hope your back started feeling well enough to do a few things you wanted to.

I'm off to bed, friends. Praying you all rest well and Lord willing, I'll see you tomorrow.

15. MrsSoup

Afternoon!

DD got her haircut this morning, about 5 inches off, looks great! We stopped by Target and picked up a few things and then came home and picked up Eli and headed off to the mall to meet our friends. We went to Sephora, Game Stop and then had lunch. Then we headed to Ice Palace so the kids could ice skate. I froze the entire time we were there! My friend's little 3 year old even skated, she was too cute. We came home and I had hot water! Woohoo! I took a nice, hot bath...so hot I was sweating. It was magnificent. I should be doing homework and I will be shortly, just checking in and watching New Amsterdam from last night.

Mel- Sounds like a great day all around for you!
    Katrina- That is a late start for a party!
    Deb- Glad you were able to stay home and get your things done.

happy2bme likes this.
  16. sweetpumkinpye

Groceries are done. I went a smidge over budget but bought a lot of ready meals for DS for while we are away. We don't normally have a lot of boxed foods but I know that he will not have tome to cook form scratch. There are a few meals in the freezer that he can grab and put in the instant pot before going to work and I suppose if he gets stuck he can grab McDonalds or pizza. He will go to my mum's for dinner one night.
    Need to put groceries away now and maybe lie down for a quick nap.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  17. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

I just finished reading Debbie Macombers Alaskan Holiday. I enjoyed it.

Allen ran to the doctor to get his prescriptions filled. Before medicare he was paying like 50 or 55 for one of his inhalers and since he is on Medicare it is $170. Medicine ( 2 inhalers and blood pressure) now over $240 a month and was under a $100 for all.

Got Teigan from school and we went to Mt. Vernon to Menards and got the right globes I need for a craft project for gifts. Ate at Taco Bell. Mom and I ran into Dollar Tree. I got the poster board for Teigans poster to get it done.

Have a load of clothes in the dryer.

Picked up Kohls order.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  18. sweetpumkinpye

Finishes work meeting. Now just waiting to meet up with friend for hens night. Hopefully not a long night as I am tired. We have the wedding rehearsal tomorrow and I am not sure what time yet. I am hoping that my friend will be able to narrow a time down a bit. Don’t want to be waiting all day for her to call

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  19. PamelaG

Ugh, so sorry to hear this, just went through it myself with my American Express. Now I have a list as long as my arm of auto payments to convert to the new number. Did you have any auto pays on your debit card?

Credit card hackers are devious. I once had a card that I had not activated, that I had never used (apart from the initial balance transfer when I applied for it), and it was locked in my briefcase and someone tried to charge $5000 in airline tickets. I guess they were planning on taking the whole family on vacation :D. Fraud department believed it to be an inside job between an employee and a travel agent. Can you imagine? It really does make me want to switch to cash but it's so convenient to have a card.

20. MrsSoup

There will be some accounts that I will have to change as they come about and once I get my new card. Luckily it has already arrived at my mom's as of today. Not too many autopays though, just a couple I think. I'll have to look at my list though.

Ahorsesoul likes this.