Wednesday Wednesday April 10th, 2019

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lana, Apr 10, 2019.

1. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Howdy MHH Land!

2. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Gave in and went to the doctor yesterday for the sty. I swear as soon as I called it started to feel better. The pain was less and seemed the eyelid opened some. Anyhoo, I went and got ointment and antis. Not has red and just small amount of discomfort this a.m.. Am getting stuffy tho and a deeper cough. 2 other co-workers have it too. Plus a few from other branches.

Last couple of days have bee terrific (mid 70s) so evenings we have been outside. Allen has started mowing.

Our Dollar General will open Sunday at 4:30 p.m.. Allen checked about mowing it and was told to come back in 2 weeks.

This week-end the town is having a first annual spring thingy. Temps are to be in 50's tho. Trying to get something started. Very small town and people just don't seem to care.

Diedra, hope you are feeling better.

Have a GREAT day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  3. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Good morning Lana and all who will join us later. It's cool -50's- but sunny so the mood is better.

The game last night was cold and drizzly as was the rest of the day but we had dinner at one of the clubs and left early.

Today I plan to get to Costco and get my chickens for the soup and whatever else I need there. The house really needs to get picked up. I wonder if I told DH that I would run down the street screaming if he did put his stuff away would make him understand that I am serious about not wanting to live in a constant mess. We're not like Hoarders or the folk on Marie Kondo but it bothers we greatly nonetheless.

Jess - all of your executive decisions are the right ones. I hope that the rest of "life" sorts itself out
    Debbie - hope you're home safe
    Jane - I was never a math whiz but.....
    Lana - glad the stye is better and you got to enjoy the beautiful weather
    Katrina - best of luck at the Nationals!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  4. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

We're supposed to start getting rain today so i'm debating on whether or not to let DD ride her bike. If she gets driven then I have to pick her up. Hmm. I'm not sure when the rain is supposed to start. I'll check the weather app and see if I can get a definitive answer. I'm listening/watching the Rachel/Dave Hollis morning show and before that I was scrolling FB and watching another video and drinking my coffee.

I have a board meeting this morning for the Spouses Club. They sent out the official board for next year and I am the Historian (the position I wanted this year). Yay! The board is frighteningly empty for next year so that's not good. I might see about taking on another position that complements mine (Social Media & Publicity), but we'll see. I will have to read through the description and see what it entails. I don't want anything that requires too much time because of school. This afternoon I will call and schedule DD's MRI. The rest of the day I will be working on schoolwork. I was going to take the kids to the beach after school but rain so that's not going to happen. Maybe we'll do a Starbucks run instead. Just something fun.

Lana- I'm glad it's feeling better anyway and now maybe it will heal faster. Maybe allergies getting you?
    Debbie- Sorry the game was rainy but glad you can enjoy the clubs! Thank you friend. :)

Enjoy your day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  5. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Afternoon!

Well today is the day I should've taken off...have had a headache since 2:00 am. I did sleep some though. My back is hurting too… must be all that spring-cleaning I did over the weekend.
    Had a conference at noon about self-esteem… Nothing we didn't know.

Later

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  6. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Hello everyone,

Lunchtime here so it's time for a quick update. Work, go home, eat dinner, sleep, do it all over again. Life is pretty dull these days but there is lots of activity ahead so I am making the best of the relaxed time I have right now. Talked to Sophia, she's busy looking for a summer job since her nanny kids go to camp. She has another family to check with and several retail positions that might work out. Vic wasn't available to call last night but I'll talk to him tonight.

I got my first package - it's a felt insert for my large handbag, the type that has lots of pockets and sections to keep things neat. It ended up being too big for my handbag so I packaged it up, filled out an Amazon return, and ordered the next size down. I'll drop the box off at UPS tonight. My flashlight died but it's light enough in the morning that I don't need it to walk down the street to the bus. It's one of Vic's technical ones so I'll leave it for him to decide if it's dead or if it can be fixed.

Quiet afternoon ahead as most of my office is off to the Employee of the Year ceremony so I'll find some busy work to keep me occupied.

Have a great rest of your day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  7. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning. Writing this on my phone
    Got here at about 4pm after a great trip. Posted lots of photos on Facebook. Did the groceries and had dinner early to bed. Today we will get some pedis do some shopping and go into the city. There is a big observation wheel called the Melbourne Star so will try that
    Speak soon

PamelaG likes this.
  8. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good afternoon slow day at work. got off went and got a pedicure new place it was nice. massage while getting it done free glass of wine even though i really dont like much wine. nails done next week didnt have time today , its 72 out . have agood evening

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  9. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hi, everyone.

It's 84° here today with a low of 61° tonight.Winds are blowing about 15 miles an hour right now. I've been watching the weather channel. We're supposed to get some severe storms Saturday if it does what they are saying. There's a festival on Saturday in our parish and they're thinking about calling it off. Everyone always looks forward to it...the first major event that gets everyone out and about.

My bush green beans, running butter beans, and okra are coming up! My potatoes are up, too! DH and will have to decide how we're going to trellis the running beans. I have a few ideas.

I worked a lot on finalizing senior information for graduation today. I don't know what made me say I'd be the head senior sponsor on my last year to teach! If not for that, I would be home free right now. I have two more students to test for their customer service IBC. Next week, I'll test my students for ServSafe.

Church tonight...potluck supper and business meeting. I need to hit some hot spots when I get home. Tired of the clutter.

Lana, I guess I missed your having a sty. Glad you went to the doctor!
    Faye, good for you for doing something nice for yourself.
    Debbie, I saw the weather forecast for the game last night and thought about you. I wondered if you were there. I agree about the house being neat! Doesn't have to be immaculate, but at least a certain level of neatness.
    Katrina, it sounds like an enjoyable day for you.
    Jess, sometimes, you just have to make the decision you think is best. I'm sorry it made you and DH out of sorts. Hope you're able to sort the issues of life out.
    Lucie, isn't that the way it happens? Hope you're feeling better.
    Pamela, enjoy these uneventful days. Things will be hopping soon enough! That move is just around the corner.

housewife2 and Ahorsesoul like this.
  10. MrsSoup

Afternoon!

The board meeting was good, lasted a little longer than usual. I ended up taking on another position, Social Media & Publicity. Shouldn't be too difficult. I haven't worked on school at all so I need to get something done today. I also need to start work on the last newsletter of the year for the Spouses Club. I got a text from the baseball coach that they will hold optional practices tonight and Friday in addition to the regular practices this week. :rolleyes: The first game is Saturday. I was really looking forward to having a night off and I think the kids on the team also need that break. I don't think we'll go, probably either night, but i'll give Eli the option. It's also been raining most of the day, so we definitely won't be going if it's raining.

Have any of you ever heard of care/of? I heard about it on a blog that I visit and it's a website that does personalized vitamin packs. You go on and fill out a questionnaire and then they choose what vitamins would be best for you and send them to you in individual daily packs of 30 day supplies. Pretty cool! I went on and filled out the survey and got my recommendations. It was $68 for the 6 vitamins they recommended (some I had never heard of) and 5 sticks of Chill Factor (powder that you dissolve on your tongue on those extra stressful days). You can fill out the questionnaire without having to purchase anything.

I met DH at his office and then we went to lunch. It will be time for the kids to be home in a short bit. I might have to send DS after DD if this rain keeps up. She won't want to ride home in the rain and I really don't feel like going back out.

Jane- Yay for your plants coming up! That is so exciting!
    Faye- I love good places like that!
    Katrina- Have a great time!
    Pamela- Definitely enjoy the relaxation while you have it. :)
    Lucie- I'm sorry about your headache. I hope it passes quickly.

housewife2 and Ahorsesoul like this.
  11. luludou

Evening! Headache passed during the STRESSFUL afternoon.. lots to do at work, running around, lots of people to move tomorrow. People helping.. others NOT... and nothing working.

Jess - after you've taken the vitamins for some time do tell us if it helped.

Nothing much going on tonight.

Night

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  12. MrsSoup

Lucie- I haven't ordered them yet. I just bought a multivitamin so will go through those first before I decide. But if I do, I will definitely let you know. The blog I saw it on, the lady seemed to think it was great. I'm tempted to try them because of the ones I had never heard of to help with stress and energy and such. I want to evaluate the cost of purchasing the vitamins like that versus separately and see if it's cheaper that way. I should have mentioned that it's free shipping for anything over $20 as well. Not sure if they ship to Canada though. I also have a discount code that cuts the first order in half.

I just scheduled myself an appointment for tomorrow for a trim and color! I'm excited! Something different because i'm tired of this blonde bayalage. I'm going back to all over color and more back to my roots. Strawberry blonde! I have these two little patches of hair at the corners of my hair line on my forehead that are red so i'm hoping that by going strawberry blonde instead of full out red the color will stick around longer than red has in the past in my hair. Guess we'll find out. I will speak with the stylist and get her recommendations as well but will be armed with several photos of the colors I like. Eeek! :p I also scheduled DD's MRI...the soonest they had was on the 24th in the evening. Now I need to call and schedule her follow up Ortho appointment.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  13. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Got pedis done. Gold and blue. Did a bit of shopping and got a few things. Found a Japanese shop that sold some great things. Got some stocking fillers that I had never seen before
    Have had dinner, did not get to the city as some of the girls were too tired.
    Night all

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  14. luludou

Jess I did the test for the vitamins and most of what they recommend is what my doc said, so it seemse not too bad. I Don't think they ship to Canada either but it doesn't seem expensive

MrsSoup and Ahorsesoul like this.