Week Eight - Family Spaces

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
My list for the week:

Household Checklist:
Living room:
- deep dust - DONE
- deep vacuum - DONE
- wash windows/sill - DONE
- wash blinds - DONE

Holiday Prep Checkllist:
- work on Christmas cards
- outside Halloween decorations - DONE
- Halloween cards - DONE

Last edited:

nursemomtothree

Retire Member
Aug 18, 2008
Tennessee
We did the living room several weeks ago, before we decorated for fall. So, this will be a catch up week for me, and boy do I need it.

I made about 120 trick or treat candy bags and ran out of candy. I thought I had it planned better than that. I have 24 more bags to go, then will need loose candy too, as last year I had around 150 kids stop st my house. The development has built more houses past mine and I'm not really sure how many to expect.

I never checked on my wrapping paper and ribbons, so I must take inventory.

Then I must go through all the "put away" bags that have developed over the past weeks. MUST DO!

Have a great week everyone!

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
Bits and pices for me to do this week. Not too bad I don't think. The room itslef is pretty clean. it is pretty much deep cleaned every week thtnks to my house angel (cleaning lady). There are some magazines that seem to be growing and multiplying (mine), some books (DS's) and a few other things that need to be sorted out and organised. A couple of drawrers that seem to have had things that don't belong there added.

The carpet has been booked for professional claning later in the year, same for windows.

I really need to do something about a lamp in this room. We have a lamp here that my Dad bought years ago. It is really lovely and is a bit of a statement piece. I quite like it. But the lamp shade is nearly hanging off and is pretty much beyond repair. I really need a new one. I investigated this a while ago but styles have changed a bit and I could not find one to fit the lamp. DS likes the lamp more than I do. I can probably have a new one custom made but am not sure if I can justify the expense- I looked into it a while ago and it was really, really expensive for just a shade. I'm not sure I like the lamp enough to do that. To my mind its easier and certainly more cost effective to just get a new lamp but DS really seems attached to this one. It is not dated and does work really well in the room.

Christmas prep is on track (I think). I need to spend some time reviewing my plan and checking that all is good. I am pretty sure it is.

We are getting quite a collection of Christmas movies and I would like to get them sorted.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
My living room has been deep cleaned!!

I took advantage of DS being home, so he could help move the furniture.

Now, I can get work done on my Christmas cards and my other To Do lists.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I've been working on the carpets. I read to vacuum well you should go over an area 7 times. So I tried it with very good results. Not something I would do all the time but once in awhile.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I've been working on the carpets. I read to vacuum well you should go over an area 7 times. So I tried it with very good results. Not something I would do all the time but once in awhile.

Thanks for the tip. I will do that the next time I vacuum.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I've been MIA. Life has thrown me a curve and now I hope to get back on track.

Household: Vacuum and dust Living room and Family room. Done

Halloween Prep: finish details on costumes, find candy that I hid too well, make sure Trick or Treat bags are not ripped/broken. Done

Christmas Prep: Cards

Amaryllis Bulbs were mentioned in the Organized Christmas post. I've never done this before but was wondering if anyone here has. If so, did it turn out and where did you find these bulbs?

Last edited:

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
I was out of town this past week. Good week to be gone. I'm in pretty good shape in this area so think I'm still on track. Except for cards and photos.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
We got the outside Halloween decorations done yesterday.

We can't carve the pumpkins and put them out until after Wednesday because we are going to have temps below zero the next couple of mornings.

I am behind on my Christmas cards, but am hoping to get caught up this week.