Weekly Menus 08/26/2018

Discussion in 'Kitchen Chatter' started by Ahorsesoul, Aug 27, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Thought I'd start a weekly menu instead of a daily one to see how it goes.

Sunday- Tacos were on the list. I made soft shelled corn tacos for Dh, DD wanted a Taco Salad without lettuce and I fixed myself Takoraisu/Taco Rice.
    http://tastykitchen.com/blog/2010/11/step-by-step-itadakimasu-okinawan-takoraisu-taco-rice/

Monday- Is Mom's day to pick --Chicken Caesar Salad. I have a roasted chicken that I will use along with a bagged Caesar Salad. I'll make some gluten free croutons out of some french bread and add some bacon and avocado. Update...I forgot to put in the bacon. I kept thinking something was missing when I was eating.

Tuesday-is Dh's day to pick--He wants Breakfast. Potato Pancakes, eggs, Maple Sausage along with applesauce and sour cream.

Wednesday- Pizza Day-Cowboy for Dh, Pineapple for DD and I'll do a veggie one.

Thursday-is DD's day to pick. So it Culver's. We have coupons.

Friday-Beef tenderloin or Beef Stir Fry

Saturday-Grilled Cheese dogs
    https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/recipes/a52599/grilled-cheese-dogs-recipe/

Last edited: Aug 27, 2018
    jampss likes this.
  2. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Monday mock veal cutlets, mashed potatoes, broccoli, and peas.
    Tuesday - hamburger potato casserole
    Wednesday - jambalaya
    Thursday - not sure...DGS#1 has a ballgame, just have to see how the time goes.
    Friday - high school fooball game...hamburgers at the ballgame
    Saturday - salads for lunch; soup for supper
    Sunday- roast...and lots of sides! lol

3. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

I'm not very good at planning a week ahead anymore. LOL I might have to come back and update.

Monday- Chicken and rice w/green beans
    Tuesday- Flatbread Pizza
    Wednesday- Cub Scouts (need something fast) Tacos
    Thursday- Hamburger Helper
    Friday-
    Saturday-
    Sunday-

Last edited: Aug 28, 2018
  4. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Active Member

Monday - Goulash (ground beef w/onion & bell pepper, a bit of macaroni, and cans of this & that), Ritz crackers.
    Tuesday - Beef stew, green salad
    Wednesday - Baked chicken & rice, beets
    Thursday - dsil cooks
    Friday - dsil cooks
    Saturday - Pork chops, new potatoes, green salad
    Sunday - Turkey breast roast, baked sweet potatoes, frozen broccoli & cauliflower

5. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Monday - spaghetti with tomato sauce and veggies
    Tuesday - pasta with sautéed veggies, pepperoni and soy sauce. Chicken pot pie for dh.
    No idea for the rest. I usually plan for the first 4 days of the week, but dd is here so we go as we feel.

6. AuntJamelle

AuntJamelle Well-Known Member

You guys are awesome!

Here is our weekly menu :eek::(

Monday - Leftover pizza for DS, yogurt for me and I have no clue what DH ate
    Tuesday - McDonalds for DS on our way to taekwondo, I'll eat his leftover fries and have yogurt later, DH is on his own
    Wednesday - DH will feed DS while I grocery shop - HAHAHA - and I'll bring home fast food because we are too tired to cook
    Thursday - Repeat of Tuesday night
    Friday - I'll feed DS something and eventually run out to get fast food for DH - I'll probably eat yogurt
    Saturday - Need I go on...????

DH is "trying" to do Keto Diet which means I don't cook family meals - I cook things for him in larger batches - usually on the weekends. DS only eats certain things which further compounds the issue. I can only eat certain things because of my medical condition.

jampss likes this.