Welcome to Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by missjane, Jan 8, 2020.

1. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Good morning, MHH Family!

2. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hello, everyone.

I had used all my melatonin. Then, I forgot to put it in my medicine strip and hadn't been taking it. I've been taking it again for about 4 days, and boy, has it made a difference in how I rest! I wasn't sure it was doing anything...suppose I know now.

It's cold here this morning...32°. We'll warm up to mid-60s. Supposed to have some bad thunderstorms come in Friday and Saturday.

All our valiant effort to reuse doors at the new house aren't going to work, we don't think. The stain didn't match, so we're going to try a different color tomorrow. I took a piece with us to the store...but...it didn't look the same as what's on the door. I contacted the owners last night about our paying the utility bills since we've been there using lights and water, but they said no worries. I told them to let us know if they change their minds.

I may get off work early today. Our internet has been working sporadically. I called Saturday night and AT&T is sending a repair person between 1 and 5 to check our outside line. They are supposed to call me before they come. Would it be bad to say I have to leave at 1, because I have a repair person coming??? lol...

Laura, congratulations!!

I hope you all have a great day!

GrammaDeb and Ahorsesoul like this.
  3. Lolwlias

Lolwlias Well-Known Member

:)
    If all goes well, I will finish my December Daily today. I also want to do some organizing in my scrap room.

4. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Morning!

Jane, glad you found out it is working. Hope you get off early. Always nice when we can.

Laura, congrats!

Will do front room curtains when off tomorrow. Rain to come in tomorrow night thru Sat. and then maybe some snow. Saying 2 to 4" of rain.

Went to Pub with Jaymee, Teigan and Allen last night before hair appointment. When home just showered and dishes.

I better be moving along.

Have a GREAT day everybody!

5. girlsinmo

girlsinmo Well-Known Member

Good day everyone. I have some laundry going. Been praying for a young mother of 4 sons from here who seems to have vanished a month ago. As well as for our country, military, and leaders.

Jane could you tell them you'll be leaving because you have an appointment that needs to be taken care of?

Lana we also have heavy rain on the way for the end of the week.

Laura hi, didn't I read you have a new grandbaby on the way? If so congrats to everyone.

Have a good rest of the day all.

jampss, GrammaDeb and Ahorsesoul like this.
  6. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

Work today from 8-12, this is the shift that I switched with my friend from work, hers was shorter than mine so i'm definitely not complaining. haha When I get home I will work on the reflection part of my task and try to get it knocked out so I can submit it to my instructor for review. I need to complete a list and get to the Commissary unless I can figure something else out for dinner from the pantry, that would be preferable.

It's raining this morning again. I need to get to DD's school and purchase her PE uniform. If they don't have the size she needs in the transition office then i'll have to go to a different place off campus to purchase it. She needs it by Monday. I'm waiting on the confirmation email from the field placement office regarding my PCE and then i'll need to make time to go to a school and see if they will allow me to do my PCE there. I need to make a list in order of where I would like to do it just in case the first one says no. I'm going to have to figure out how to make things work now because I will still have to get Eli to school and pick him up. I think I may just have to quit Target so I don't have to worry about work hours on top of everything with PCE and only being able to be there certain days but not knowing what days ahead of time, etc. I hate to do it, but I need to know a schedule when I go in there I think. If I could have done it at the school I was planning on, it would have been easy to work it out. We'll see what happens. I should start going to schools this afternoon if I hear back.

Jane- I saw melatonin gummies at Target and thought about picking up a bottle. I may just do that. That's nice of you to offer and them to decline. Typically they require someone to be home in case they need to get inside the house, so go for it!
    Laura- Congrats on finishing! Happy organizing!
    Lana- We are in a rainy period as well. I don't mind it though, it rains and then stops and alternates that cycle, or it just rains for a while and goes away. haha
    Tricia- Are you feeling better today?

Enjoy your day!

7. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good afternoon to all. cold today . had a couple errands this morning then to pay some bills. back to work tomo 2 big people from corporate is coming in. fun not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! have agood evening stay warm

GrammaDeb likes this.
  8. Lori K

Lori K Member

Wednesday already? Don't know where the time is going. I met with my Widows group for coffee this morning and left feeling uplifted and positive, something I've been struggling with a little this winter. Maybe the sunshine outside helped, too. Groceries for the rest of the week were purchased, along with finishing pieces of a baby gift for my good friend's daugher. The baby shower is Saturday and we're supposed to get rain, freezing rain, and several inches of snow. I'm hoping she still has a good turn-out for the shower for her first grandchild. I've also been working on getting back on the household schedule I follow for cleaning and routine maintenance. It kind of got thrown off kilter after Thanksgiving, due to the holidays, decorating, etc., so now's the time to get back on track. Goals are set, and the action plan just needs to be put into play. All the best, everyone!

jampss, Lana, GrammaDeb and 1 other person like this.
  9. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Hello there!

How can it be lunchtime already? I feel like I just got to work. Busy, busy and most of the afternoon will be taken up with the retirement ceremony for my boss and our Chief Engineer. I brought some tissues because I am sure I will need them. They have both been great to work with.

Caught up on the last two YouTube vloggers I follow last night and was just about to go to bed when I got an alert that my friend in the UK had posted her 7-day transatlantic voyage on the Queen Mary 2. Had to watch that - it was amazing!

Going to try to get the travel tree down and packed away tonight and go to bed early because I am so tired from staying up later than usual last night.

Ahorsesoul and GrammaDeb like this.
  10. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Well-Known Member

Hello. Dsil has today off work, so he got the kids off to school. Yay for me, I got to sleep 2 extra hours. I sat with neighbor for a couple hours - her dh came home early because the doctor's office bumped up her afternoon appointment.

So now I sit here, pouting. I want to sew. Dsil still has all the Christmas stuff up - it's his plan to put everything away today. In the meantime, he has put my sewing things somewhere, and he has disappeared. <Can you see it? Little old lady stomping her foot, arms crossed, and lower lip out? That's me.>
    Oh bother...guess I'll just have to read my book.

Have a nice day.

11. FrostyShimmer

FrostyShimmer Well-Known Member

Snow day here. Spent most the day shovelling or playing with the kids in the snow.
    Crossing my fingers we get enough overnight yet to cancel school again tomorrow :)
    Have a good day all

12. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good afternoon!

It's cold and windy here today. We were supposed to have some serious snow squalls, but they have seemed to pass us by. I was so hoping for a delay this morning! No such luck.

Life has been busy, so I haven't stopped here. I am just so overdone from work that the thought of doing anything with any thought just isn't happening. We've been splitting classes all week due to testing...Intervention is cancelled so we have those extra kids too. It's really just too much for the students and the staff left with the responsibility of taking care of them. Behaviors are off the charts this week. The whole place is a hot mess. I told J today that I am retiring at 55. Decision is made. I'm going to do whatever I need to so that happens.

M started solo rehearsal for competition on Monday evenings, then recital solo rehearsal starts after that, so we will be going to dance even earlier until the middle of March.

J and H went to the farm show in Harrisburg today. They should be home soon. J didn't think they'd be home for dinner, so I didn't plan on making anything. He texted me at 2:30 and said they were on the way....and that they will pick up dinner on the way home. I think he's getting KFC.

That's about it....3 days down at school...2 to go!

Have a blessed evening!

13. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning to you all.
    A change of plan Thursday for me, normally I spend Thursdays with Mum but she is on holidays visiting her sister, will be gone for 3 weeks.
    I was meant to have lunch with friends but that has been postponed until next week.
    So...I will go to the mall and get the refund on the overcharged fabric from yesterday, while there will pop into the supermarket and pick up a few things that were in the weekly catalogue. Will drive home via the library and drop off/pick up books and pop into my Mum's and pick up a parcel. That should be it for today.
    DS is cooking tonight so I am off the hook.

Lisa, glad you have made the decision, when are you 55?

Last edited: Jan 8, 2020
  14. MrsSoup

Afternoon!

I had to have them change my schedule at work today, they had me scheduled until 1:30 when I was only supposed to work until 12. I got a text from Eli's teacher that Eli was complaining about his mouth hurting so I picked him up about 30 minutes early from school when I got off work. I need to start working on my task, i've been relaxing and watching Riverdale on Netflix. Shame on me.

I think I have almost decided to quit Target, even though I don't really want to. I'm just not sure when i'm going to yet. I don't know if I should wait until the end of the month or tell them not to put me on the next schedule. Ugh, I don't know what to do. I like earning money but I can't make it all work together right now.

Guess I better get to working on my task!

Faye- Good luck with the corporate people!
    Lori- I'm glad you felt better after your group, sometimes being around other people that have been through what we have is just what we need.
    Pamela- I hope you can make your early bedtime and catch up on some rest.
    Deb- Sorry you can't sew today like you want to.
    FS- Here's hoping for another snow day!
    Lisa- My mom was going to retire after this year at the age of 59, but she has decided to work one more year until my stepdad reaches social security age since he's older. The school won't be happy because they wanted certain people to retire to save money, they offered them an incentive, but mom parents financial officer advised against it so she is waiting.
    Katrina- Sorry your lunch was postponed.

Enjoy your day!

15. MrsSoup

I checked my school email to find that my field placement coordinator secured my placement for me. Apparently I am going to do my PCE at Holy Family Catholic Academy. o_O It will be interesting to say the least but i'm curious to see how it goes and optimistic. I'm just glad that I don't have to go school to school looking for a placement. I guess the coordinator was talking to the principal and they needed someone and she recommended me and she said yes. I'll call her tomorrow to schedule a meeting.

16. girlsinmo

girlsinmo Well-Known Member

Evening all.. Looks like plenty going on today. I pray each one has a good restful nights sleep.

Jess to be honest I'm feeling a bit stressed and exhausted from dealing with preparation for the upcoming changes. I just have to keep reminding myself, one day at a time, do what I can in the moment. Pace, Pace, Pace

Have a good evening all..

jampss, Ahorsesoul and GrammaDeb like this.
  17. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Congratulations on your placement! A parochial school should be interesting - can't wait to hear all about it.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  18. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Just got home from my morning of errands. Returned to the fabric store and got a refund, the cashier was apologetic but not overly concerned that she had overcharged someone by so much.
    Went to the supermarket and got chocolate bars for $1.00 each. I have bought 2 for everyone to put in Easter bags, they were a great price and are well in date. So a start on Easter!
    Picked up library books and went to mum's and got my parcel. The online order that I placed was missing one item o_Oso I have called them and they will send it out within the next 24-48 hours. It is not a big deal as the DVD is a Christmas movie and is a stocking filler for Mum, it's just that I want what I paid for.
    Will now put all my purchases in the boxes in the gift closet and grab some lunch.

Ahorsesoul, GrammaDeb and luludou like this.
  19. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Evening. was up at 3:30 with hot flashes and did not go back to sleep.:eek:

gym, then busy work day. dd is painting tonight at her new apprt. she bought fridge, oven, washer-dryer and new bed.

see you all tomorrow

20. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Congratulations on your placement Jessica! I attended parochial schools for most of my childhood and taught in one for 4 years. It's definitely different than public schools, but still a good experience.

As for retiring, my financial advisor says to wait until 60, but the way things are in my school, I just can't imagine doing it for 12 more years. I may have to work until 56 to get my 30 years, but we will just have tO see.

Ahorsesoul and MrsSoup like this.