Welcomed Wednesday! 6-27-2018

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lana, Jun 27, 2018.

1. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Glad it is Wednesday, I am off tommorrow!

2. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

My fish pond is full and has fresh rain water in it-so have have to run water into it.

I got up this a.m. and dressed and went to sit my machine up to sew and on the washcloths Allen only cut one piece of each fabric. I was going to cut and he said he would so..... He said you said one and I said yes but that meant one washcloth from each piece not 1 piece---LOL!!!! Was hoping to sew those this a.m. and Allen could get the gift to him after work today but.......

Still to have storms today.

Teigan was so excited to help make cookies last night. We use to make something every Sat. night or Sun. a.m. when she just stayed the night.

I could go make some chocolate chip muffins for Ryan to take to work. Think I will.

Everybody have a GREAT day!

3. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Good morning!

Busyness on the agenda today - a little of this, a little of that. I'm knee-deep in watching Pretty Neat Living's You Tube videos about Thanksgiving and Christmas - although she's a bit over the top and appears to have an unlimited budget, I really like her Stocking Stuffers, Little Luxuries, and Extravagant Splurges videos as there are some unique gift ideas there. I have a long to-do list that needs some attention - you know the type of list, you sit down to tackle it and the first thing doesn't look very appealing so you think, I'll do that later and before you know it, you've put off most of the things on the list. I guess I should call it my To-Don't List!

I need to work on my Christmas in July blog posts - I'm just not feeling it right now and that is so not like me. Still worried about Sophia - coming up to a week now without MudLynn. She said the hardest part is that the apartment is so quiet. MudLynn had a couple of metal tags on her collar - ID bone, rabies certificate, dog license - and not hearing that little tinkling sound when she used to walk from one room to another is deafening. Sophia is starting a new house sitting/dog sitting job today (a current client so not a new family) so she will have a dog in her life for the next month but the bond isn't there as it was with MudLynn but at least it's a furry friend to cuddle.

4. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning. Cat woke us up a few times but still slept well. Gym this morning. Lunch with 2 ex-cw's :) that should be fun! To celebrate 2 of our birthdays.

DH has a bank appointment at 6:00, yesterday he had chiropractor.

Have a great day.

Pamela I will try to go see those videos from home (can't access here at work)

5. PamelaG

If you go to her You Tube Channel, click on Playlists and then Holiday Prep/Gift Guides. I think the stocking stuffers go back to 2011, but she switched to three separate categories/videos for Stocking Stuffers, Little Luxuries, and Extravagant Splurges for 2013-2017.

luludou likes this.
  6. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Good morning, Friends!

It is laundry day for me. The good thing is I will get to see Rocky!

My arthritis is kicking my butt in my hands today. That stuff really hurts! The severe arthritis in my spine is another reason why they can't operate on my back. The weather isn't playing nice, either.

Best go gather my laundry. For some reason, it won't do it by itself. Rude!

Have a great day!

7. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good afternoon from rainy PA! Sun for a day and back to rain. Looks like it's here for a few days, then a heat wave.

I'm about over recuperating from surgery. :p Just want to do what I want to do without worrying or feeling pain. I had the kids help change my bed sheets today and have the other sheets in the washer. Karla has a vet visit this evening. Then J is taking M to a dance team sleepover. We may go out to eat after, or maybe he'll bring home take out.

That's about it for me.

Pam...J also has arthritis in his back, bone spurs, and degenerative disc disease. He recently had an episode where he couldn't even walk....long story....but PT has helped him get back to his usual pain levels, which are the new normal. Can you do PT?

Pamela....watched some of her videos....she talks too much for me. lol I like when people get right to the point. :D
    Lucie...enjoy your lunch!
    Hi Lana....hope work passes by quickly!

Have a great day!

luludou likes this.
  8. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Active Member

Haha Pamela, your to-do list sounds like mine.

Hello everyone. Dsil came home from work early this morning, so he took dgd to gymnastics. He stopped at the store on his way home to buy cherries because she wanted some with her lunch. He's going to another store to buy bread, on his way home from dropping her off. He stopped somewhere else last night for milk. He enjoys shopping a lot more than I do - I'm all about one-stop shopping.

In a few minutes, after I drink my shake, I'm going to tackle the kitchen. It needs a good clean-up, and then I will make the banana pudding I didn't get to the other day. The sooner I get that done, the quicker I can crochet.

Guess I'll get going in the kitchen. I can't think of a good reason to put it off. Have a great day.

9. PamelaG

Thanks a common comment on her videos - she certainly has the gift of the gab - must have kissed the Blarney Stone!

teachermomof2 likes this.
  10. piratemamaof3boys

piratemamaof3boys Well-Known Member

Well its Wednesday. Work is work. Not sure what is going on here really and not sure what was up with DHs new job either. It's just all a mess and honestly I just want to pay my Bill's and have some money for the little extras. I'm not asking for much. Sorry to grumble I've been in a bad headspace for a while. Maybe some Christmas movies starting this month will help.

I need to do some purging in the house as well. So much of the boys old clothes just needs to be donated really.

Well lunch is over better run. Have a great day.

11. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good afternoon to all. just finishing packing. off to new york in the am. hope everyone has agreat weekend.

12. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I have my first chiropractor appointment this morning courtesy of the V.A. for my back. I'm a little excited and hoping that it will help with my migraines. We'll see. Then i'm going to watch my friends kids while she has her first doctor appointment with her new PCM (which is also our PCM). Her kids have their physicals this morning and then she'll go back for her appointment.

My stomach was not feeling great when I woke up this morning but it's better now, not sure what that was all about. I'm not sure what the rest of the day holds but I do have some things I need to get done.

Enjoy your day!

13. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning,
    Woke up here to rain which is nice as it has been very dry here. Problem is I left my big umbrella at work.
    My mum and I are going to a big hardware warehouse today to look at a few things for Christmas. I want to get some citronella candles for DD is I can find any. I also want to look at a few stocking fillers for DH. You can often get really interesting things if you look.
    Then back to my mums to help her to sort out her gift closet and the groceries that we already have in her stockpile. Some warm soup and crusty bread for lunch.
    Home tonight for dinner and the hopefully some crocheting in front of the T.V

14. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

((hugs)) Shannon

Lunch was super fun! we chatted and laughed alot. supper was quick - spaghetti.
    Now sitting outside taking in the balmy night... haven't had many of those yet. BBrother is starting tonight so I am dvr'ing it.

See you all tomorrow

15. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Went to the chiropractor and he did an exam and said that I have TMJ issues and that is one cause of my migraines. He has some tricks up his sleeve to deal with it but he said it won't be very comfortable working on those jaw muscles. He also said that i'm all twisted up in my hips and lower back so he'll come up with a plan for everything and we'll meet again on Friday morning to go over everything. He said there wasn't much he could do for my knee but he would try taping it to see if that helped and that working on my back and such would help as well to some extent.

I grabbed coffee afterwards and then came home to my children doing chores. Once they were finished we walked over to our friends for a bit. DH stopped by to say hi on his lunch. We walked home and talked to DH for a bit and then went to the library and the PX. I got two small houseplants and some fly traps. DD is making zucchini bread so I have to help her put the batter in the pans. I thought my friends kids were going to come down but I texted and haven't heard back from her yet and they haven't shown up, so who knows. I'm going to work on my presentations and then do some reading.

16. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hi, everyone...I'm sure this will be a long post, as I haven't been on in several days....finally have a new laptop!!!:D I just finished setting it up about an hour ago, so still learning it.

Happy Late Birthday to Jess and Lucie!

I forgot to tell y'all. When we went to the Acadian Village, they had just finished filming a Christmas movie for Lifetime (the lady in the gift shop thinks that's the channel...I wondered if it was Hallmark) starring Cheryl Ladd. Everything was still decorated for Christmas, so I got to feel a bit of Christmas while we were there, even though it was 96° outside. :eek:

Monday night, my oven stopped working. I had to work today, so DH gave the repairman his number. When he called today and DH came home to meet him, there was a tag on the door that a new gas meter had been installed and we would have to call to get it turned back on. They said my meter wasn't accurately reading the amount of gas we are using....guess my bill will go up now. Luckily, they got the gas back on, and my oven is repaired. I told DH I was going to start saving money for a new one. It had the same thing go out on it about a year ago. It was $125 to get it repaired.

My van went in the shop yesterday and I have a new bumper on my van. So glad that is finally taken care of.

Bakery Lady and I had a big confrontation today. Two hot lunch plates went out that were missing something...one was the cutlery packet we put on the plate and the other didn't have gravy on the potatoes and chicken friend steak. She blow up about it and I blew right back. I can't tell you how many times people have ordered cakes, casseroles, dipped strawberries, cupcakes, etc. and when they came to pick them up, she told them "I was just too busy and couldn't get it done or I just forgot!" I told her it at least it wasn't someone's cake we forgot to bake and if she wants things done a certain way (assembly line to put the plate together), she needs to tell us how she wants it...that she is the boss and needs to take a more active role in how things are done. We put out 65-70 plate lunches at lunch. Our kitchen area is about 15 feet x 22 feet and too small to do all the things she wants done in there. I'm picking up job applications from two businesses tomorrow.

I had dry needling done at physical therapy today. It didn't hurt...three or four needles created an achy sensation in the muscle. Then, they attached an electrical current to run through the muscle, but I could tell them to turn it up or down. I'll see if it makes a difference over the next couple of days.

Shannon, it's hard to keep having to worry about money and jobs. Hope everything works out.
    Pamela, I'll have to check out the website. I'm always looking for stocking stuffer ideas.
    Lisa, so glad you're feeling better. I know what you mean about being able to do the things you want to get done. This back flair up has really put a damper on getting things done. I can totally relate to John.
    Pam, praying the electrode device works.
    HW2, hope you enjoy the New York trip!!!
    Jessica, you should see an orthodontist about your TMJ. If nothing else, they can make a custom device you put in your mouth at night that keeps you from clenching your teeth while you sleep. Hope he has some answers for you when you go back Friday.
    Katrina, thankful you're getting some rain. Hope you find some good things at the hardware store.
    GrammaDeb, hope you got some crocheting done today.
    Lana, funny how we know what we mean when we say something, but the other person misunderstands it. Glad you're getting rain...we really need some.
    Mel, if you're reading, you've been on my mind...hope you're doing well.
    Diedra, hope your procedure went okay today and there were good results.

I'm off to bed. DH and I are working at the Crowville house tomorrow, so need to be rested up.

Night, everyone.

housewife2 and luludou like this.
  17. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

MissJane,
    Got some bargains at the hardware. My mum bought me a letterbox to put at the farm. It is a beautiful cream colour and matches our house. Down from 75.00 to 15.00.
    We bought 6 bird feeders that were 20.00 each for 4.00 each. We will bundle them up with birdseed and give them out as gifts for friends.

Dinner is mince meat and gravy that we will have on toast, very filling and warming. Then a bath and bed as I am feeling a bit achy.
    Love to you all.

luludou likes this.
  18. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Katrina, good bargains! Cream will be a beautiful color to decorate for Christmas!

sweetpumkinpye likes this.