Wellness Wednesday 2018-10-10

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by luludou, Oct 10, 2018.

1. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning MHH world... how about taking care of us today? :)

2. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Coming here is my 1st way of taking care of myself.
    We got up half an hour later because dh has some training this morning instead of going to the construction site. So no gym for me but I will eat my breakfast and read until it's time to begin the work day.

Not much on the agenda today - lunch with cw's.

Have a great day

3. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good morning Lucie and all who follow!

Heading to school today. It's rewards day....so...some administrator thinks it is a good idea to take 45 minutes off the day every Wednesday for about 20 students/1300 students to do their rewards for school wide behavior....we are a struggling school academically, but we are cutting 45 minutes of instruction for rewards? I don't understand. Then we can't have the Nutrition lesson once a month during ELA, but we can cut instruction for nail painting and dancing to go noodle? PLUS....we must have a fire drill this morning. I haven't had a uninterrupted reading class in 4 school days....with high risk readers...walk-throughs, hearing screenings, fire drills, double split classes. Brilliance, I say. No wonder the ship is sinking.

Tonight is a night at home....I'm sure I'll do some chores after school and dinner.

Have a blessed day!

Lisa

4. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Good A.M. Lucie, Lisa and all!

Today we will go to Nashville and see Aunt Imogene and do SEVERAL errands. Will have to be back by 12:15 for school but no problem with that.

Allen needs to check into a bill at John Deere for the mower parts. Think we paid it so will see. I printed checks out.

Have a GREAT day!

Lisa, you NEED to be in charge!

5. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

Lisa, When I homeschooled my children (a couple of years) I was able to complete school withing a few hours. I could never understand why teachers sent home homework when they had them for 7 hours. Then I worked at a school and found out why! The time it takes to wash hands, line up and stay quiet, walk to art, music or gym, put on snow gear, yi, yi YI! Then the admin and all their special additions. Your PBIS rewards are weekly? Our weekly recognitions were done in the classroom and then all who received them were announced a our monthly at our Environmental assembly.

Today, I am at home rather than volunteering in my friend's classroom. DD had car issues and needed transportation so mom gives up her wheels. Plenty to do here today. It will be okay.

Lana, I can see you have a force been you. Som much getting accomplished!
    Lucie, have a wonderful day.

6. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Good morning,

Taking care of me meant an extra hour's sleep this morning - I was emotionally drained after my farewell lunch yesterday and really needed the sleep. The spouses' group made the event so special - a lovely parting gift of mermaid glasses (our group logo is the mermaid), a beautiful card full of messages that made me cry, and an amazing lemon bundt cake with lunch that was delicious. Another goodbye today as I have lunch with a friend. We have been friends since our Florida days in 1997 - kept in touch over the years, and got together during the times both of our husbands were stationed in Virginia. This will be a tough one knowing that I won't be back in the area again other than the brief visit in June to pack up the house.

7. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Good morning, Friends.

Yesterday was a day from you know where. I cried all afternoon. I thought DGD was safe and Steve said he shouldn't have said that. But he is ready to wring her neck! He is livid. She was not kidnapped. She has done something, but I don't know what. She could lose her baby if she isn't careful. I just want to shake her silly! You cannot begin to understand the stress!

I don't have any plans today. I will just putter around here. Maybe I will hang some more pictures. Using the hammer might help my stress.

Enjoy your day, and be blessed.

8. FrostyShimmer

FrostyShimmer Well-Known Member

Morning,

We're in for a few days of rain here. Hoped the girls would be up to a trip to the store, but they're really not, so good thing I have a week of turkey leftovers in the fridge :)

Cleaning again for me today. Donating to a local charity Friday, so I need to get all the stuff boxed up. Sad to see even more baby things go, but good to know they'll be useful to someone else.

Only three weeks until Halloween! Why does summer saunter along, but Fall seems to dash by so swiftly it leaves my head spinning?

Hope everyone has a great day :)

TeacherMomof2 - I agree with everything you said. Part of the reason I didn't send my kids to school here is because our system no longer seems to care about academics.The teachers aren't allowed to fail you anymore or take off any points for something being late. So if a teacher says something is due September 15 a kid can pass it in at the end of June, and the teacher has to give them full credit. If you don't pass in anything at all, you still get 51% minimum. It's unfair to the students and to the teachers who are being stripped of their power. I feel sorry for teachers in June too, as I imagine they get armloads of assignments that they should have had all year to correct.

Miss JoDee - When you can spend time one on one things go much quicker. DD7 takes about two hours a day to do her work. People tell me that's not enough time, but I love that she has the rest of the day to play when she's finished. I don't think kids have to spend all day chained to a desk if they can master the concepts they need to in a shorter time. DD5 reads chapter books and is working through a grade 1 math curriculum. She spends about half an hour a day on her work. If I sent her to school right now she'd be gone from 7 am until 4 pm.

Pam Spaur - Sorry you're having such a stressful time. I'm hoping everything works out okay.

9. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello all! A lovely, summery day here - not October weather.

Couldn't sleep last night so at 2:00 am I was sorting through yarn and deciding what to get rid of and what to save. I didn't realize that I had so much - and I still have more but the newer yarn is in prettier colors;). More decluttering!

Just got a Blue Apron delivery so I don't have to think about dinner:). Have some stuff to return to Container Store and want to try to go back to Home Goods for the stuff I couldn't get on Monday. Otherwise just the usual day.

Lana - you are a woman on a mission - making the most of your vacation
    Pam - hope all works out for DGD - anyhow, hammer away!
    Jody and FS - I have such admiration for people who home school. I would never have the patience for it. Glad that our local system did well by DS
    Pamela - an extra hour of sleep is always wonderful
    Lucie - MHH IS something that we do for ourselves - our supportive circle of friends
    Lisa - I guess you must make the best of what school is for you - enjoy your night at home.

10. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

Today the Halloween decorating gets finished. I'm tired of the totes being on the back lanai and I got some more stuff yesterday that will not sit on the counter for days. It needs to be done before any more time goes by or else it's not even worth doing. I came down this morning and DH said to be careful if I went into the bathroom. He opened the door and DS had put his skeleton in there on the toilet. haha He has dressed it in clothes as well. It's like the Elf but a skeleton, I imagine he'll move it around every night. Love it!

I suppose i'll be in charge of going to get drinks and plates and such for the FRG meeting tonight. DH is supposed to go talk to Dominos and see if they will give us a deal on pizzas since we are ordering so many. We were going to go with Little Caesars since they are usually really cheap, but here on the island the regular cheap pizza on the mainland is $9 here. Dominos is right next door and I think they may work with us since they are on post, i'm hoping anyway and they sometimes have cheaper pizza.

I'm going to work on schoolwork today as well, this morning in fact. I would like to do something fun today but I think it's supposed to rain. So we'll see.

Lucie- This is always the first way I take care of myself as well...and coffee.
    Lisa- Ugh, completely right. With all those interruptions to the school day, no wonder. Our school does quarterly awards.
    Lana- Have a good day of errand running.
    Jody- Enjoy your home day!
    Pamela- I'm glad your farewell was so special! I keep seeing lemon bundt cake everywhere so I think it's a sign that I should make one soon. hehe
    Pam- How old is she? Either way old enough to know better. I hope she returns soon and faces whatever consequences await her.
    FS- I agree, Fall seems to go by so quickly. Actually, I feel like the years go by so quickly now that I can't even process it.
    Debbie- I've always wanted to try something like Blue Apron and I was all set to do it, but they don't ship to the island.

Enjoy your day!

11. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Jess, DGD is 21. I just want to throttle her a good one. I can't believe that she would leave Brysen!

I get my permanent stimulator on Nov. 2nd, and I can hardly wait. I am not wishing time away, but it cannot happen soon enough! I would not wish this pain on anyone!

12. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Finally home and ready to start alittle something. Teigans sheets in dryer and mine in washer.

Got all the running done but Allens flu shot. Which it didn't brother him not to get it. Ate at Hardees, went to courthouse to pay rest of our taxes, turn in Aunt Imogenes ballet, went to the bank (Aunt Ims) got a sticker for my car, went to my bank for about 3 things, went to Dollar General, went to the feed store and got Ryan and Allen paid up. Well, Allen not quite. Before leaving Ashley went to bank for about 3 things. Cashed my Christmas club check (totally failed at it this year--this one at this bank is for taxes!!!), deposited into the Christmas Club and paid Aunt Ims water bill. Got DQ for dinner and ate in car while Allen ran into Krogers for something for supper.

Tonight I think mom and him will go to Nashvilles Queen of Heart drawing.

I put Teigans hair up for school and she told gpa to watch this and then said see that is easy!!!

Pam, I hope she returns soon and all goes well.

Jody, I use to be the one without a car whenever somebody was down.

13. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning all.
    Thursday here and it is the day that DD BF and family finally get home from their trip to the U.S. It has been a long 3 weeks for DD. We will leave for the airport soon and will have a quick visit to IKEA to fill in a bit of time before they arrive. I will drop them home and then home here to do a few things.

DH is at the farm until Saturday evening so it will just be DS and I for dinner for the next few nights, something easy I think, we might just grab so McDonalds.

Pam, I am hoping that Lindsay returns very soon.

Have a great day all,
    much love,

14. MrsSoup

Evening!

The Halloween decorating is 90% finished. There are still a couple things that I would like up on the front porch but I can't reach to do them so I need DH to hang them. Otherwise, everything is completed. I picked up the drinks and such for the meeting and watched some Ghost Adventure On Demand, did some reading and some schoolwork. I swept the house today as well.

The FRG meeting went great this evening. Probably over 100 attended, so excellent turnout. We got several volunteers as well, which is funny considering the prior had none, so what does that say? We even filled the Treasury position which is usually the hardest to fill. One of the spouses is in Stroller Warriors too and we decided that we will meet tomorrow to do our run. The main group is doing a destination run down at Ko'Olina Lagoons. I had originally intended on going but don't really want to drive that far just to run. So we'll meet and run together. I need to update the contact list in the email and send out a mass email in the next couple days to all the spouses and contact all of those individually that wanted to volunteer. I need to get binders made for myself and the Commanders wife and we need to get together and discuss roles and how we want to co-lead. Lots to be done!

Goodnight friends!

teachermomof2 and Miss JoDee like this.
  15. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

Jess, FRG is so very fortunate to have you as part of the team. Your experience will help guide them to being a very successful group. I also see your passion for this group.

MrsSoup likes this.
  16. MrsSoup

Thank you for your kind words Jody! It feels good to get back into it. I think a nice long break was exactly what I needed.