What a Wednesday! 8-14-2019

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Pam Spaur, Aug 14, 2019.

1. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Good morning, Family!

2. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

What a Wednesday! I have much to do in two days! I am going down to Jay's on Fruday a.m. I will be glad to see him, but I am really excited to see Brysen! His birthday is tomorrow. I need to get his presents organized I would give my family the world, if I could. But who needs another world? Well, we all need the new world of heaven.

I did so much on Monday that I am still trying to catch up on energy. And this heat and humidity is draining whatever energy I have. Yesterday was the air that you wear weather! I 'swear' that weather, too! Lol. Sorry I missed that. Anyway, it is gonna be a little less humid today. Early this morning, we had ZERO visibility, because it was so foggy. Glad there were school delays.

So, just working around here today. Trying to get my act together for whatever reason. Thank God for air conditioning. I don't think I could make it without it these days. Or, at the very least, a huge gigantic fan! Like I have room for that. Ha ha.

That is it for me. Hope you all have a pleasant day. Eat ice cream! Stay cool. Have a glass of the House Wine of the South (sweet tea) or a nice cold glass of lemonade or a cold bottle of water. Stay safe and be blessed.

PamelaG and Ahorsesoul like this.
  3. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning! Did not sleep well - went to bed at 9:30 but for some Reason was still awake at 11:00. Then I was awake at 3;15 and could not go back to sleep - will make for a long day!
    And tummy troubles this Morning (just took a pill - should feel better in a few). I Don't know why but capitals keep appearing everywhere in my posts here.
    Did gym.
    Have some work to do today at least so day should go by quicker.
    Having lunch with team capitain.

Have a good day.

4. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Day is starting and hopefully going along. LC1 locked herself out of our house when she took the dogs outside. lol DD has decided not to go to her Club meeting today (as always) but then she will complain that we won't take her anywhere. lol

Dh is playing golf this morning. He says only 9 holes so should be back in a few hours. I have boards to stain for LC1 new step I am building as a birthday gift to her. Then we just need to put it together since we got the boards all cut yesterday afternoon.

I have birthday gifts to find for another friend. Usually I have everything all done long before birthdays come along. This year I have just been clueless. So I'm just asking them what they want. So much easier.

Wishing all a good day.

PamelaG likes this.
  5. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Well-Known Member

Hello. I got up early to get dinner in the crockpot - corned beef. I'll cook the veggies later - cabbage, carrots & potatoes. Fixed the kids' lunches - they had overnight oats for breakfast - and then I jumped in the shower. Dd's best friend volunteered to take the kids to school on Wednesdays when I can't. Unfortunately she lives about 15 miles away, so it's really nice of her to do this.

I'm sitting with my neighbor today. She is still sleeping soundly. I will pick up my crocheting in a few minutes. Learned it's 220 steps from our house to theirs. At this rate it will take a week to get in today's steps.

Have a great day!

6. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

DH and I went to North Shore last night for dinner and sunset. We went to lunch at Chili's yesterday and before we went he asked me where I wanted to go and I told him that I was on a Cholo's kick, a Mexican place in North Shore with good chips and salsa and margaritas. So he took me there last night and I had a margarita and we shared taquitos. They bring out fresh chips and salsa as soon as you sit down, delicious! Then we went to Sharks Cove for sunset. It was nice to come home and find that the kids had showered like they were supposed to. haha

This morning I woke up to a text message from my course instructor, that's a first! I'm glad that they have started using that tool though, I enjoyed texting with her and she's going to send me videos to help with my task and then if I need to I can still make an appointment with her. It was so nice getting immediate responses and not having to wait for an email. The only thing was that the text came in at 4:44 a.m., guess she didn't realize i'm in Hawaii. Oh well, I always put my phone on silent at night just for that reason. I told my mom that if anything ever happened they would have to call Chad's phone.

This morning I have back to back meetings. The first is the very first PTSO meeting of the year at Eli's school and I will have to leave it early to get to my board meeting for the spouses club. Then I need to find the rest of the items for this basket so I can be done with it. I think i'll add a bottle of honey and a coozie and call it a day. If I come across something that says anything about the lake that would be great, but I don't see it happening. Soccer practices tonight. DD had an asthma attack on Monday at practice.

Pam- Don't push yourself too much in that heat, take your time and follow your own advice! :)
    Lucie- Hope you get to feeling better!
    Diedra- I have a friend with a birthday coming up next week and have NO idea what to get her. She got me a "green" themed birthday box and filled it with green goodies like bath bombs, hand sanitizer, body wash, gum, candy, etc. I loved it!
    Deb- That is really nice of the friend!
    Jane- Welcome back, can't wait to hear all about your cruise!

Enjoy your day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  7. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

All you is to add one step more than yesterday. Slow and steady increases.

8. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Hello everyone,

Lunchtime here, just finished a Stouffer's Roast Turkey with Mashed Potatoes, makes me long for fall meals. My blinds are up!! The installer called yesterday to set an installation time and said he didn't think he could make it that day. I said that was fine, I didn't get home from work until 5:00pm and then he said that would work. Yay! Took him about 10 minutes to hang them and they look beautiful. They are Levolor light-filtering or light-something, will have to look at the paperwork again tonight. I wanted the remote but there wasn't enough room on the sill or whatever you call the top part of the window so I went with the continuous cord. So pretty and there is so much more light in the living room. Fixed dinner, watched a GBBO Christmas episode (there are three on Netflix), spent the rest of the evening on the computer.

Work is up and down, slow for periods and then a frenzy. Have a few projects for the afternoon so I hope it will fly.

Hope you're all having a great day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  9. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good afternoon!

Quick hello before I'm back out the door! M and I went to school today. I got a lot done in my room, but it's so darn hot! My dehumidifier filled up in the 5 hours we were there... very humid in the school...and smells funky. I didn't have any visible mold this year. I'm not sure what the answer is to solve it, but am thinking central air would help and air cleaners. We will see how I feel tonight. Then we stopped for Coolatas at DD and picked up H's contacts.

I'm trying to cool off now and then going to take M to soccer and hit Walmart for binders and folders for my class. I didn't have as many as I thought....and no green folders in my stash for some reason. I'm hoping to finish up a lot tomorrow because I was told next week will be filled with lots of training and little classroom time. Sigh.

Jane...welcome back!

I'll check in later...peace and blessings...

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  10. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Hi again!

The PTSO meeting was good. There is a new President this year and one of my friends is the VP. I think i'm going to volunteer to do the Good Conduct/Citizen of the Quarter award stuff, it's just plating pizza and making sure the kids are seated until the counselors arrive like once a month or every quarter, something like that. I told her I would do it and to send me the dates so I could be sure. I had to leave early to run over to DD's school next door and pay her school dues and then get to my board meeting for the spouses club. I also spoke with the coordinator for the Middle School as she was at our PTSO meeting. The two schools are going to work together this year since so many have kids in both schools. The Middle School still needs a PTSO President and VP. I don't think I want to go that route, I could maybe handle being VP depending on what it entails. I'll try to attend the meeting next week and see. Since i'm not doing FRG it would get me involved in the community and moreso with DD's school which I haven't really done since she moved to middle school. I'll contemplate the idea.

The board meeting was okay. We stuffed bags for the event next week and everyone went around the room and said whatever regarding their positions. I need to get my basket finished in the next couple days and turned in. I picked up 3 books at the library yesterday afternoon so will start one of those today. I guess i'll get started on some schoolwork. DH is upstairs working on his.

Pamela- Glad the blinds are up!
    Lisa- You might need an air purifier, but they are expensive!

teachermomof2 and Ahorsesoul like this.
  11. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

It is 8:18. I was sound asleep last night at this time! I went to the bathroom about 3 and then out again till about 5:45. Felt better.

Got off alittle before 3:30 today since I can't on Friday. Came home Teigan was here. She gets out at 3 and Jaymee off at 3:30 so she gets her about 3:55 to 4.

Allen had supper started so I started in the pantry. Threw quite abit away and put like brown sugars all together into bags of the same brand. Had like 7 bags opened! Mopped the floor so letting it dry and then will do last shelf and put a few things back that are out. TONS of more plastic bags (Allen will take on Friday and put into the recycle container at Krogers), several papers bags that Allen tied up and I found a few things. We are really low on groceries so was a good time.

Started dishwasher.

Should do fridge---take all out and wash down but thinking that is maybe tomorrow nights job.

Diedra, nice gift. It does get hard thinking what to get.

Jane, welcome back.

Lisa, Good job working on your room.

Jess, glad Chad and you had time together and that kids followed the rules. LOL!

Pam, a year old already!

Lucie hope you feel better. I go for training in the afternoon tomorrow so thinking what I should have for dinner so won't brother my stomach.

Debbie, I don't move alot at work so my steps would be hard to get in.

Pam, glad blinds are up.

I better go finish in the pantry.

Ahorsesoul and PamelaG like this.
  12. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hello, everyone! I'm still trying to catch up on posts.

What a Wednesday for sure! Long hectic day at work. Still better than a day of teaching, tough. I've found boss throws many things at you at once and checks in later to see if you've got them all done. He keeps talking about how things move fast paced there. Most of what I'm taking care of has to be done on the internet, so can only be done as fast as that can work...and lots of waiting for people to reply to emails to be able to get things done. Lots of time spent on the phone or texting people, too, which takes time as well. Anyway....we'll see. I'm on 90 days trial. If I don't work out, he can always find someone else and I'll find something else.

A former student came and visited me after work today. She visited about an hour and a half. That was the highlight of my day.

I'm trying to set a new bed time and getting up routine. I'll see you all tomorrow, Lord willing. Still need to tell about our cruise.

Much love, everyone.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  13. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good afternoon. I was too rushed to get on her this morning.
    Groceries for me today, went to the big mall. Had a look in Target and got DH tow DVD's that he wanted. He is going to have the kids over tomorrow night and they will watch them together and have a meal.

Need to put groceries away and then pack. DrillDance coach and I are off to a conference tomorrow which is in Melbourne, an 8 hour drive for us. The conference is for Saturday and Sunday. we have never been before so will be interesting.
    Not much happening at the mall, no signs of Christmas yet but hoping it won't be long now. I broke a nail and the nail technician repaired it and did not charge me for it so the was nice.

I am rambling so will get off and get somethings done,
    Night all.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  14. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hope you enjoy getting to see Melbourne!

Ahorsesoul likes this.