What Are You Reading Right Now?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Just finished the 1st book of the black dagger brotherhood. I think I'll buy the rest of the series. A bit rough but the story is good.

Have you gotten the next book in the series? The first book sets down the foundation for the rest of the books. I love the Brotherhood and am always on the lookout for a Brother sighting. lol

I have very few books that I keep (most I give to the library) but they will not get my BDB books.

Even at my old age, I'm thinking of getting a tattoo, yes a black dagger. I don't even like tattoos. But yea, a black dagger would be nice.

One lady on the BDB site, made her son a 'brother' costume for him last Halloween. These books have very dedicated followers. Some readers have their SO growing goatees.

There very graphic in the 'love' scenes and the books are not for everyone.

Now I may have to go re-read the series...again.

Last edited:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I've been thinking about getting the rest of the books on Amazon... the box set would cost less (even though I already have one of the books) than buying them one by one.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Just ordered the box set of the blackdagger brotherhood (first 6 books) for $38 as well as 'roadtrip route 66' for DS's b-day.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Just ordered the box set of the blackdagger brotherhood (first 6 books) for $38 as well as 'roadtrip route 66' for DS's b-day.

Let me know how you like (or not) the rest of the series.

snickerdoodle

Retire Member
Dec 31, 2009
I just finished Game Change and will begin The Politician next. The Game Change was about the Presidential campaign of 2008. Really a good read!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Just finished 'possessing the secret of joy' by Alice walker... about african women who get circumcised... the subject is interesting but I can't say I really enjoyed the book... the way it is written is hard to follow and I won't be reading it again. It goes right into the donate box.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Just last night I finished Shadow Man by Cody McFadyen. Was ok, won't go on my re-read list but I enjoyed it. So did dh.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I'm reading "Keepsake Crimes", it's a scrapbook mystery by Laura Childs. Sounds fun and since scrapbooking is my cup of tea, I thought I'd give it a shot. I figured I'd start with the first of the series, in case I want to read the rest.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I'm reading "Keepsake Crimes", it's a scrapbook mystery by Laura Childs.

I've read this too since I scrap. Just haven't read gone on with the series. Just ordered the second one. Thanks for the reminder. Now if I'd just get back to scrappin!

foxpaw

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
I recently finished the"Isle of Palms" by Dorothea Benton Frank about the low country in South Carolina....very, very good...and just started "The Land of Mango Sunsets, by the same author. It is about Sullivan's Island in SC.

Janet

Retire Member
Jul 27, 2008
Pinetop,AZ
I finished "Morning Comes Softly" by Debbie Macomber yesterday and started "Family Blessings" by Fern Michaels today.

Doodlebug

MHH Member
Jan 11, 2010
Oklahoma
festivefun, I read a lot of children's lit as I am a Reading Teacher. Our state has Sequoyah Book list that the children vote on each year. Since I teach 5-8 they have different books. So I read all the books on both lists. Right now I am reading The Other Side of the Island. It is quite different. Enjoy your class.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Finished Time Traveler's Wife. This was my second try to read this book. Not sure I liked it.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Well, the New York Mets just won the World Series (at least in the book I just finished reading) and I'm going to start a new one today or tomorrow - Shanghai Girls by Lisa See. I've enjoyed serveral of her previous books.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Just finished 'Lover Eternal' 2nd book of the blackdagger brotherhood... I started it on friday... so I guess it's good!

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I decided to read the Aeneid instead - one of the classics I've never gotten around to.

pixiestick

Santa's Elves
Nov 20, 2007
Waiting for "29 Gifts: How a Month of Giving can Change Your Life" by Cami Walker from the library...should be her within the week.

Foxpaw- I just picked this up from my library today. I read an article in a Body & Soul magazine a while a go and an excited to read this book and maybe do it!

Status
Not open for further replies.