What Are You Reading Right Now?

Discussion in 'The Book Nook' started by CanadianJingles, Jan 4, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Have you gotten the next book in the series? The first book sets down the foundation for the rest of the books. I love the Brotherhood and am always on the lookout for a Brother sighting. lol

I have very few books that I keep (most I give to the library) but they will not get my BDB books.

Even at my old age, I'm thinking of getting a tattoo, yes a black dagger. I don't even like tattoos. But yea, a black dagger would be nice.

One lady on the BDB site, made her son a 'brother' costume for him last Halloween. These books have very dedicated followers. Some readers have their SO growing goatees.

There very graphic in the 'love' scenes and the books are not for everyone.

Now I may have to go re-read the series...again.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2010
  2. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

I've been thinking about getting the rest of the books on Amazon... the box set would cost less (even though I already have one of the books) than buying them one by one.

3. luludou

Just ordered the box set of the blackdagger brotherhood (first 6 books) for $38 as well as 'roadtrip route 66' for DS's b-day.

4. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Let me know how you like (or not) the rest of the series.

5. snickerdoodle

snickerdoodle New Member

I just finished Game Change and will begin The Politician next. The Game Change was about the Presidential campaign of 2008. Really a good read!

6. luludou

Just finished 'possessing the secret of joy' by Alice walker... about african women who get circumcised... the subject is interesting but I can't say I really enjoyed the book... the way it is written is hard to follow and I won't be reading it again. It goes right into the donate box.

7. scn

scn Member

I just started Family Album by Danielle Steel

8. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Just last night I finished Shadow Man by Cody McFadyen. Was ok, won't go on my re-read list but I enjoyed it. So did dh.

9. MinnieCo

MinnieCo Well-Known Member

I'm reading "Keepsake Crimes", it's a scrapbook mystery by Laura Childs. Sounds fun and since scrapbooking is my cup of tea, I thought I'd give it a shot. I figured I'd start with the first of the series, in case I want to read the rest.

10. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

I've read this too since I scrap. Just haven't read gone on with the series. Just ordered the second one. Thanks for the reminder. Now if I'd just get back to scrappin!

11. foxpaw

foxpaw New Member

I recently finished the"Isle of Palms" by Dorothea Benton Frank about the low country in South Carolina....very, very good...and just started "The Land of Mango Sunsets, by the same author. It is about Sullivan's Island in SC.

12. Janet

Janet New Member

I finished "Morning Comes Softly" by Debbie Macomber yesterday and started "Family Blessings" by Fern Michaels today.

13. festivefun

festivefun Member

I'm doing a children's literature course so at the moment I'm reading Philip Reeve's 'Mortal Engines' I am thoroughly enjoying it. Finish the course at the end of May...will be fun to be able to choose something to read, although I have loved my course.

14. Doodlebug

Doodlebug Well-Known Member

festivefun, I read a lot of children's lit as I am a Reading Teacher. Our state has Sequoyah Book list that the children vote on each year. Since I teach 5-8 they have different books. So I read all the books on both lists. Right now I am reading The Other Side of the Island. It is quite different. Enjoy your class.

15. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Finished Time Traveler's Wife. This was my second try to read this book. Not sure I liked it.

16. festivefun

festivefun Member

Time Travellers Wife is one of my all time favourite books.

Thanks Doodlebug-I'm going to do Teacher Training in August so at least the course will come in handy. Will def have a look at the lists you mentioned.

17. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Well, the New York Mets just won the World Series (at least in the book I just finished reading) and I'm going to start a new one today or tomorrow - Shanghai Girls by Lisa See. I've enjoyed serveral of her previous books.

18. luludou

Just finished 'Lover Eternal' 2nd book of the blackdagger brotherhood... I started it on friday... so I guess it's good!

19. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

I decided to read the Aeneid instead - one of the classics I've never gotten around to.

20. pixiestick

pixiestick Santa's Elves

Foxpaw- I just picked this up from my library today. I read an article in a Body & Soul magazine a while a go and an excited to read this book and maybe do it!