What Are You Reading Right Now?

Discussion in 'The Book Nook' started by CanadianJingles, Jan 4, 2010.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Just read Alaskan Holiday by Debbie Macomber. It is good.
    About to start The Mistletoe Secret by Richard Paul Evans.

2. Holiday_Mom

Holiday_Mom Well-Known Member

That is a fantastic way to get a quick synopsis of someone's life. If you're really interested in a person, then you can always check out the more in-depth biographies on that person. I've been known to read children's science books if I want to understand a concept better.

A few years back, I reread my childhood favorites. It was different reading through the Little House on the Prairie books as an adult. I had a different perspective of Ma Ingalls.

3. Holiday_Mom

Holiday_Mom Well-Known Member

I just finished this today. It was my first time reading one of his adult books. It was insightful.

4. cmerth

cmerth Well-Known Member

Holiday mom-- Oh, that is a great idea!!! I should read the Little House books again.

5. sweetpumkinpye

I don't think I have ever read the Little House books. I remember watching the show when I was younger and it was one of my favourites. Maybe I should check them out.

6. cmerth

cmerth Well-Known Member

Katrina... the Little House books are wonderful. Give them a try. They are meant for kids but adults love them as well. I think I have read them 5 times.

7. sweetpumkinpye

Looking at the Library web site now. Hopefully they have some available.

8. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

I started Yarn to Go but just downloaded Look Alive Twenty Five by Janet Evanovich (her newest) and A Map of Days by Ransom Riggs (the newest in the Miss Peregrine series).

9. sweetpumkinpye

Currently reading The Angel of Forest Hill by Cindy Woodsmall.
    Have ordered some more books from the library, not sure how much time I will get to read over the next few weeks.

10. DahliaDoll

DahliaDoll Well-Known Member

The Night Sister by Jennifer McMahon

11. DahliaDoll

Tending Roses by Lisa Wingate

12. DahliaDoll

Happy New Year!

I read 25 books in 2018, plus 2 that I started to read but couldn't get into.

I'm going to start Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan today/tonight.

13. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Reading the second volume of Nora Roberts post-apocalypse trilogy - of Blood and Bone.

Enjoyed Crazy Rich Asians but haven't read the sequels yet - on my to-do list.

14. MrsSoup

I just finished Us Against Them by Fredrick Backman, made it just before the New Year! I read 35 books in 2018, so will up my goal for 2019.

I have several books on my Nook that I need to read. From previous: Look Alive Twenty-Five by Janet Evanovich, Yarn to Go by Betty Hechtman and A Map of Days by Ransom Riggs.

In going along with Ginger's challenge of reading different genres, I have decided to make January my month for "self-help" type books and ordered the book she posted Self Meditation: 3,299 Tips, Quotes, Reminders, and Wake-Up Calls and am waiting for it to come in, it should be here tomorrow. There are a couple others that I think i'm going to order as well: The Little Book of Hygge: Danish Secrets to Happy Living by Meik Wiking and Gmorning, Gnight!: Little Pep Talks for Me & You by Lin-Manuel Miranda, Johnny Sun

15. sweetpumkinpye

I have just started reading a biography of Oprah Winfrey by Kitty Kelley. It is a second hand book that I got in a pack of books for Christmas. I too will be taking part in the 19 in 19 challenge and need to think about what other books I may want to look at.

16. DahliaDoll

Just starting Unsheltered by Barbara Kingsolver.

17. MrsSoup

I am currently reading Contagion by Erin Bowman. And A Map of Days by Ransom Riggs.

18. sweetpumkinpye

Just finished reading My Husband and I by Ingrid Seward.It is about the marriage of Queen Elizabeth and Prince Phillip. It was interesting but I found it hard going.

19. MrsSoup

I picked up Mistress by James Patterson and David Ellis through the Blind Date with a Book program at our library. I'm also still reading A Map of Days by Ransom Riggs, the 4th in the Miss Peregrine series.

20. MinnieCo

MinnieCo Well-Known Member

The Christmas Basket by Debbie Macomber popped up in my check out digital list, so I've been listening to that The Hollywood Daughter by Kate Alcott

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.