What Are You Reading Right Now?

Discussion in 'The Book Nook' started by CanadianJingles, Jan 4, 2010.

Tags:
  1. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Just read Alaskan Holiday by Debbie Macomber. It is good.
    About to start The Mistletoe Secret by Richard Paul Evans.

2. Holiday_Mom

Holiday_Mom Well-Known Member

That is a fantastic way to get a quick synopsis of someone's life. If you're really interested in a person, then you can always check out the more in-depth biographies on that person. I've been known to read children's science books if I want to understand a concept better.

A few years back, I reread my childhood favorites. It was different reading through the Little House on the Prairie books as an adult. I had a different perspective of Ma Ingalls.

3. Holiday_Mom

Holiday_Mom Well-Known Member

I just finished this today. It was my first time reading one of his adult books. It was insightful.

4. cmerth

cmerth Well-Known Member

Holiday mom-- Oh, that is a great idea!!! I should read the Little House books again.

5. sweetpumkinpye

I don't think I have ever read the Little House books. I remember watching the show when I was younger and it was one of my favourites. Maybe I should check them out.

6. cmerth

cmerth Well-Known Member

Katrina... the Little House books are wonderful. Give them a try. They are meant for kids but adults love them as well. I think I have read them 5 times.

7. sweetpumkinpye

Looking at the Library web site now. Hopefully they have some available.

8. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

I started Yarn to Go but just downloaded Look Alive Twenty Five by Janet Evanovich (her newest) and A Map of Days by Ransom Riggs (the newest in the Miss Peregrine series).

9. sweetpumkinpye

Currently reading The Angel of Forest Hill by Cindy Woodsmall.
    Have ordered some more books from the library, not sure how much time I will get to read over the next few weeks.

10. DahliaDoll

DahliaDoll Well-Known Member

The Night Sister by Jennifer McMahon

11. DahliaDoll

DahliaDoll Well-Known Member

Tending Roses by Lisa Wingate