What Are You Reading Right Now?

Discussion in 'The Book Nook' started by CanadianJingles, Jan 4, 2010.

Tags:
  1. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

I read Alaskan Holiday too! I picked up an autographed copy as soon as we got back to Washington.

2. PamelaG

I have quite a few favorite book series from my childhood that I re-read periodically. Reading the Nancy Drew books as an adult is interesting!

3. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

I'm currently reading A Catered Birthday Party by Isis Crawford and Girl, Stop Apologizing by Rachel Hollis.

4. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

I am reading, Becoming by Michelle Obama

5. MrsSoup

Let me know how it is!! I've heard good things but would love your opinion!

sweetpumkinpye likes this.
  6. DahliaDoll

DahliaDoll Well-Known Member

The Witch Elm by Tana French

7. PamelaG

Halfway through The Little Book of Hygge, Danish Secrets to Happy Living by Meik Wiking. I'm really late to the hygge concept but I'm fully immersed now, can't put the book down. So excited there is a whole section on Christmas, I'm determined to get to it tonight as part of my March Rudolph Day activities.

8. sweetpumkinpye

I am reading Dear Santa by Nancy Naigle. Quite enjoying a little bit if Christmas on Rudy Day.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  9. MrsSoup

I just started Dyeing Up Loose Ends by Maggie Sefton. I will also be starting A Catered Thanksgiving by Isis Crawford.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  10. MinnieCo

MinnieCo Well-Known Member

I loved Alaskan Holiday. I finished listening to If Not For You by Debbie Macomber recently and I'm currently listening to Any Dream Will Do.

11. sweetpumkinpye

Michelle, I have never read a Debbie Macomber book that I have not enjoyed. She is one of my favourite authors.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  12. MinnieCo

Finished Any Dream Will Do today and moving on to Whiskey in a Teacup by Reese Witherspoon.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  13. sweetpumkinpye

Oh I do like Reese Witherspoon and I would love to read her book, will add to the list.
    Just finished Silent Night by Danielle Steel.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  14. MinnieCo

The Reese Book is short, but I enjoyed it. Honestly as I listened I realized...actually more like had a epiphany... That I'm kinda a southern girl..lol I was born in TX, but left as a toddler. I've been in Colorado ever since. BUT I did go see family once or twice a year. Back home we were very poor for the most part, but when I went to Texas it was a different life style for me. Totally different in fact. The things I enjoy today and many traditions I realize are part of that southern heritage. Things that rubbed off on me from my stepmother. I was already saying..Wow...WOW...oh yeah..I get it...and then in one part she talks about an "add a pearl necklace" all the girls would get and I was like HOLY HECK...I NEVER knew that was a tradition and other girls did that. I loved mine, but I thought it was just something my step mom did because she loved pearls so much. Welllll...that's a whole lot of something about that book. BUT my point is, Katrina it was a fun read. I have the mp3 copy, so I need to check the library link to see if I have access to all the PDF's with the recipes in the book. They sound great.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  15. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

i am re reading vc andrews flowers in the attic series

luludou and Ahorsesoul like this.
  16. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

HW2 - that is a great series.

I've started Esclave Blanche de Nouvelle-France by Céline Daigneault

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  17. PamelaG

Just started My Husband and I by Ingrid Seward.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  18. MinnieCo

I remember "sneaking" Flowers in the Attic from my mom's bedroom. I had to be in 3rd or 4th grade and though that was the COOLEST series ever. I went on to read so many of the series..Probably until she died and others took over under her name.

I'm going to finishes a short book I'm listening to right now and start a book I'm super excited about. It's called Dutch Girl: Audrey Hepburn and WWII

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  19. Myron's Mom

Myron's Mom Well-Known Member

I’ve finished The Basement Quilt and only have 2 chapters left of The Forgiving Quilt both by Ann Hazelwood.
    I had started Christmas at Little Beach Street Bakery by Jenny Colgan but stoped. I could not get into it for some reason but, my friend loved it.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  20. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

I’m reading The John Milton Series by Mark Dawson. I think it has about 14 books.