What Are You Reading Right Now?

Discussion in 'The Book Nook' started by CanadianJingles, Jan 4, 2010.

Tags:
  1. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

I have just ordered Christmas at Little Beach Street Bakery and the Reese Witherspoon books from the library. Need to order a few more books, I am running low.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  2. DahliaDoll

DahliaDoll Well-Known Member

The Couple Next Door by Shari Lapeña.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  3. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Master of his Fate (Book 1 of The Falconer Series) by Barbara Taylor Bradford

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  4. PamelaG

I live in Debbie Macomber's Cedar Cove! She used to have a tea room and yarn shop here but sold the tea room and closed the yarn shop. She can be found at some special events around town when she's here (she and her husband split their time between Washington and somewhere else, can't remember, Arizona maybe? and they travel a lot). The tea room carries autographed copies of her books. I love her books too.

Holiday_Mom likes this.
  5. PamelaG

The Story of the Great British Bake Off: A Celebration of a National Obsession by Anita Singh. Great read - it's all about how the show went from being something that the BBC wasn't sure they were interested in carrying to the obsession that it is worldwide today. Hilarious in parts, just like the show.

Holiday_Mom likes this.
  6. sweetpumkinpye

I today picked up Christmas at Little Beach Street Bakery. Not my usual style of writing but am enjoying it.
    Pamela, I adore Debbie Macomber and I think I have read every book of hers. I love that her books are easy to read and are "gentle".

Ahorsesoul and PamelaG like this.
  7. sweetpumkinpye

"The Good Fight" by Danielle Steel. Not bad so far.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  8. PamelaG

I'm still working my way through The Story of the Great British Bake Off but it's a hardback book slightly larger than will fit easily in my lunch bag so I'm also working on M. C. Beaton's Agatha Raisin and the Quiche of Death. I loved the series on Acorn or Britbox; I know you should read the books first but it didn't work out that way!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  9. DahliaDoll

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  10. sweetpumkinpye

Every Breath by Nicholas Sparks. Normally I like his books. this one I was not keen on.

Have picked up some pressure cooking books from the library so will be looking at those next.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  11. PamelaG

Agatha Raisin and the Vicious Vet by M. C. Beaton - bought a set of 20 of Agatha's adventures - they are listed as Detective and Mystery Fiction. Very light and easy to read, perfect small paperback size to slip into my bag and read on the bus. They will be featuring heavily in my 19 in 19.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  12. sweetpumkinpye

Have been reading a whole lot of slow/pressure cooker recipe books trying to get some ideas for the multicooker that I have just bought.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  13. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Just finished George RR Martin's Fire and Blood, an early history of the Targaryans.

Also reading Collapse by Jared Diamond about why societies fall apart.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  14. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

michelle obama s book

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  15. DahliaDoll

Beauchamp Hall by Danielle Steele

PamelaG and Ahorsesoul like this.
  16. PamelaG

I really enjoyed this book, hope you do too.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  17. sweetpumkinpye

I am just finishing the Barefoot investor.

Ahorsesoul likes this.