What did YOU get for Christmas 2015?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I want to know what YOU received for Christmas this year!! I'm always looking for ideas so I think if we share what we received this will give us all some ideas of what we may like to ask for next year or ideas to gift next year as well.

Pioneer Woman threw up in my kitchen! DH got me a new cookware set by PW in the teal color, a skillet to go with in the same color, probably every utensil she has in her collection to include measuring cups and spoons, a 3 cup glass measuring cup, PW red mixing bowl with white polka dots, PW knife set in a wooden butcher block, a new colander, a PW cast iron dutch oven in the same color as the rest and a Fitbit Charge. A pair of aloe socks, a few scent blocks for my Scentsy warmer, a little bit of candy, and a kitchen notepad. DD got me a #1 Mom coffee mug from the holiday shop at school. I forgot, I also received ear protection for the range that actually fits my small head!!

My task this weekend is to go through my cabinets and drawers and pull out everything I now have double (or triple) of so we can donate it.

Last edited:

snowlvr

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Western North Carolina
Merry Christmas! I love this post-always looking for ideas too...I got a pair of boots, 2 Barnes and Noble gift cards, 2 books about Lincoln, a CD with music from the Civil War-yes I am a history nerd-some Bath and Body works stuff in Winter Candy Apple which I love-2 pairs of earrings, some cute Christmas decorations, and my sister sent with her gifts a small bottle of Tabu talcum powder-it was my mother's signature perfume-my DD and I both were like awww, brought back alot of memories..haven't opened anything from DS yet, they all come tomorrow and we will have a second grand opening...

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I got some perfume, gift cards (Hobby Lobby and JoAnns) and then DH filled a big long wrapping tube with different spools of thread (was running low on some colors), an indoor griddle (mine was had).

Jess, I am looking at that set possibly for when my new stove comes in. I saw the red and teal and leaning towards the teal. Is it a heavy set? You got some nice items.

Connie, you also received some nice items.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I received a pandora bracelet, an iPod, a stick blender, some beautiful towels and a Christmas organizer, some new bath towels, a baking dish, a beautiful wooden box that says North Pole postal service, an alarm clock, a couple of DVDs and CDs and I am a very blessed girl.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
DS gave us the DVR recorder we wanted, I need to hang four nun plates that go perfectly with my nun collection, a caribou card (it wouldn't be a holiday with that gift), and 3 bags of Mrs Fisher's potato chips. And some pears and candy.

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
I got an anklet, fit bit, pandora charm, various scented shower gels, lip balms, novels (I like reading rubbish on the beach- nothing of any literary value!) socks, nice pens in pastel colours, mouse and mouse pad in hot pink!, DVD's x 5, photo frames, body lotion, light box, enough chocolate to have til next Christmas (LOL).
To share we got a remote control holder box- Im sick of searching the family room after DS has left them in some random spot!, a snow cone maker and syrups and a battery operated memo board that writes in fluro colours (to put on the fridge as a memo board)

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
Well DH and I had to replace the ac unit so, Merry Christmas to us. Ha ha. He did take the boys out and one got me a bracelet with Minnie mouse, a necklace with Mickey mouse with red jewels in it and red earrings. The other got me knew of those sandwich makers when you put the bread, egg, meat in sections and heat and eat. We will exchange with my parents and brother on Monday.

Sounds like everyone got some nice things

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Well...I got 3 beautiful ornaments, some pioneer woman dishes, a platter and serving bowl, some bath and body stuff, another house for my village, a Vera purse, a calendar, socks, perfume, Adele and Home free CDs, earrings, and I'm sure there is more, but I can't remember! Lol

Sugarplum

MHH Member
Jan 4, 2013
Florida
I love reading what everyone got!

We weren't doing gifts this year but somehow there was a bunch under the tree.

I got a new Roku for my kitchen tv. I've been using the original I got years ago and it doesn't have the new interface or captions which is helpful in the noisy kitchen. (I basically only watch Netflix anymore.) And DH will send the old Roku to one of his oldest friends so she could enjoy it so I'm happy that we can recycle it.

I also got a sister ornament, sister necklace, cute pink fuzzy socks, a beautiful white dressy blouse for work, homemade family calendar, a Jersey shore calendar, black socks and a make-up kit.

When my mom was alive we would have to give her our lists each year. I always asked for a white blouse, or a white sweater, and socks.

So my oldest sister sent me a white blouse this year and my daughter got me black socks. I like that in our family, we all keep those memories and "traditions" alive, sometimes without even realizing it.

It's funny because my daughter told me yesterday it was so hard to pick out a pair of black socks, there were just too many kinds. And my sisters told me that when they would take Mom shopping, she would always complain how hard it was to find me a white blouse or a sweater, lol. Here I thought I was making it so simple, lol! I treasure the last two sweaters my Mom got me for Christmas before she died. They are my favorites!

When I was in high school, we didn't have much money (4 kids) and we all bought little things for each other for Christmas with our babysitting or paper route money. The one year my brother who is the youngest didn't have much money and he ended up buying his sisters each a pair of knee high, thick warm woolen socks. They were great, and we all still remember the "Sock Christmas". So every year, there are special sock presents for all of us siblings given by one or all of us.

Sorry for the book, Christmas always brings out the nostalgia. To me, it is truly the thought that counts!

:santa:

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
This is such a fun thread....

DS and DGF got me beautiful twisted gold and silver earrings and the catalog of the MetMuseum's China exhibit and DS got everyone "tiles" - these are from Apple and help you find things - like keys - that people have a tendency to misplace. DH got me a Mets mug, sox and toiletry type things - had already given me a necklace and a portable ice make for Hanukkah.

Most of our friends gave us food gifts - we have enough to host a large festivity now!

p.a.

Premiere Member
Oct 31, 2007
Robin I love traditions....and I pass them to my dds as well.
This year my dds gave me an outdoor portable fireplace. I was so surprised. Last year they got me the indoor fireplace lol. Do you think I love fires? Yup....I sure do. It's a smaller one so I can move it around as I need. And propane so I don't have to worry about wood. My grandkids made me some Christmas ornaments and pictures and gave me a sign that says.
So, there are these children,
They kinda stole my heart
They call me
Nana
( of course I cried when I opened it)
And thee biggest box of sugar free chocolates I've ever seen.

p.a.

Premiere Member
Oct 31, 2007
Debbie those ' tiles' are they the ones that will find your phone even if it's turned off? I was telling my kids yesterday how cool this product is,,and we all need one!

momof9

Retire Member
Dec 3, 2007
LALA Land
My wonderful MIL gave me a large gift box full of all sorts of wonderful goodies. From my children I got a bunch of Avon products and a James Bond collection on BluRay. My amazing boyfriend got me a packers hoodie, two packers t-shirts, a bunch of packers pens and a packers lipbalm lol... I like the packers!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I was completely spoiled this year - from friends/family I got gc for Bare Minerals, make up brushes, CD, Autumn From the Heart of the Home (was SO excited for that one!), a new canning cookbook, a Woodwick candle, JD gift set, Starbucks ornament and a lovely tabletop silver tone metal tree with revolving layers all hung with mini ornaments - SO cute!

DH surpassed himself this year - starting with the upright freezer that is now installed in one end of the walk in pantry off our kitchen! He found a great deal on a scratch and dent and I love it!!!!

Then he also got me this huge electric smoker thing so I can smoke meats! I've been wanting one and boy do I have one now! Can't wait to try it out!

He also made me jewelry! He bought the chains, but made the pendants our of copper metal he flattened and somehow burned with designs, etc. LOVE them! Then he purchased some jewlery too, a lovely metal bracelet and a glitzy one that DS helped him pick out :)

Also got leggings, cowl neck sweater and lovely suede boots - new perfume - lovely sock socks - and a workout shirt that says "You Can't Take the Sky From Me" with the Chinese characters for it as well - which is a phrase Firefly fans will recognize!

And I'm probably forgetting something! So grateful!!!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
BTW - SO happy for those that got all the PW dishes, etc. and goodies! I absolutely love that line she has out!

DH likes it too and suggested we replace our things - but I just couldn't do go there as what we have is perfectly nice, we still like it, etc.

But oh boy is everything in those sets pretty!!!

p.a.

Premiere Member
Oct 31, 2007
I'm jealous of those of you with the PW dishes,,,they aren't available in Canada yet...

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I used a pot last night, first thing I've used so far, and I really liked it. Next on my list is the pretty bakeware she has and DH saw that she also has silverware sets and such out too. He missed an entire section when he was shopping I guess or else i'd probably have it all. LOL

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Our Christmas tradition is name drawing among ourselves and my Mom. There are 7 of us and we call it Secret Santa but I usually know most of them because they all come to me for ideas. We try to do a theme or place you have to purchase your gift. Last Christmas we chose gift shops, hospital, museum, etc. This year Mom chose the theme of practical. I received Christmas themed measuring cups, spatula and rubber scraper.
DS 24 gave DH and I a check to pay off the student loan we have been paying on for his college tuition. Such a wonderful gift and thoughtful young man

Ddgs sent DH and I a nutcracker, and DS 31 and DDIL gave me a party lite 3 pc. Nativity set.

My birthday was yesterday and DD was very generous and gave a Bed Bath and Beyond gift card while DH gave a jewelry tree for my necklace and earrings which are being stored in Tupperware. I also got new towels from my mom.

I am so blessed.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
We had our second Christmas yesterday from my brother and my mom and stepdad. My brother brought us a .380 pistol that he gave us when he arrived late Monday night so we could put it up in a safe place. He's a big gun guy and has a lot of them so I guess he didn't want this one anymore. LOL This will be my conceal/carry weapon once I get my permit.

My mom sent this really cool Christmas suitcase/trunk type thing. I'll get a picture of it soon and post it in my album. Inside of it was my present. She sent me this really cool wooden desk organizer. It has 3 tiny drawers on the front, two contained chocolate and one contained cool paper clips. On the top there are 3 deep slots for paper stuff. Will get a picture of it also. Inside the slots were list pads, page markers, Sharpie pens, etc. Then I received a $100 B&N gift card (my most coveted present every year). In my stocking were different flavored tea bags, a pair of cabin socks, an ornament, pens, sticky notes, and other small things that I love to get. I think every year i'm always most excited to see what my mom sends me. LOL

I used my gift card yesterday and bought myself PW's new cookbook since I didn't receive it. :)

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
I had a very nice Christmas. I got tickets to see the lion king in april I got a pair of Michael Jordan tennis shoes gift cards bath and body sprays lotion food candy items 2 calendars