What should I do with all this polar fleece?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Hi there, all you crafty people!

I decided I was going to make a little polar fleece coat for my dog who gets very cold after a haircut in the winter. I only needed 1/2 a meter of fabric. The woman at Wal-Mart apparently did not understand how to measure the fabric very well. When I got home I unrolled about 3 meters of fabric!

I don't really do much sewing - this coat was about the biggest project I'd ever attempted!

Does anyone have any ideas for simple projects that can be made with polar fleece? I can sew basic seams...I have a machine, but a great seamstress I am not.

wadeallie

Premiere Member
Nov 26, 2007
Central Vermont
You can make no-sew scarves. Just cut a rectangle in the preferred length and about 8 inches wide, then cut fringe on both ends. Instant scarf. Or there are simple instructions online for making easy neck warmers. Either one you can give as gifts or donate to homeless shelters, or churches for the needy.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Make more dog coats. Then give them as gifts and donate them to your local dog shelter for their fund raising.

I made mitten gift card holders, I had a pattern for a small mitten, did a blanket stitch all around it and put trim around the top. They turned out very nice. I put all my gift cards in them and hung them on a tree that was about 4 feet tall. When people came to visit and brought a gift I was not expecting, I went to my mitten tree and they thought I had it made just for them.