What to do with your Thanksgiving Leftovers

Discussion in 'Turkey Day' started by sprouthappy, Nov 29, 2014.

1. sprouthappy

sprouthappy New Member

2. AuntJamelle

AuntJamelle Well-Known Member

Turkey = Turkey, Bacon, Cheese paninis with leftovers the night after Thanksgiving dinner

Tukey Bacon Mushroom Puff Pastry Pockets + Cheesy Potato "Pancakes" from leftover mashed potatoes

Salads for our lunches have turkey meat added instead of chicken

Remained of leftover turkey meat frozen for future meals

:)

3. Winged One

Winged One New Member

Dd took th small bit left to school on Friday, heated in her food flask, for lunch. Ate it all too!

But we did only get a stuffed breast for the 3 of us (which should have served 4-6, but there was less than 1 sandwich filling leftover!). I'm just glad we didn't have guests!

4. RikerVano

RikerVano New Member

amazing work with leftovers. I always think what to do with those.

5. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

We don't do Thanksgiving here, but the Christmas leftovers are pretty easy to use up. We share a lot between our two families and we will pack some to take up to my father in law.
    Over the years we have cut pack quite a bit on what we prepare so that there are not a lot of leftovers.

RikerVano....welcome

6. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

We eat several leftover turkey sandwiches over the days after Thanksgiving (yum! so good!).
    We boil the carcass and make turkey gumbo.
    Then, if there's any left, I make cheesy turkey spaghetti, instead of cheesy chicken spaghetti.

7. CheeryChick

CheeryChick Member

8. AuntJamelle

AuntJamelle Well-Known Member

How was I not already following you on Pinterest, CheeryChick???? Took care of THAT just now! :)