What's cooking July 20, 2018

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Which would you try?

• Cheesy Olive Bread

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Shrimp Louis Pasta Salad

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
We tried two new recipes today.

LC1 mixed up the french bread for our lunch. I did have her add some chopped dried tomatoes in oil, some chopped roasted peppers and she used greek olive for the black olive. We decided next time we add pepperoni or ham. I already bought the pepperoni. Will make it again this weekend.

Then this evening I made the second for dinner. I do make my onw cocktail sauce (just Annie's Ketchup and horseradish) and I increased the mayo to 1 1/2 cups in total and added dry Ranch dressing mix. I used the dried tomatoes for fresh ones. We really do not like tomatoes so I do sub the dried ones often. It gives a delightful taste pop in recipes. This recipe would be good with crab or even chicken. Oh, I did add some leftover chopped green beans since I had them.

https://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/video-olive-cheese-bread/

http://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/shrimp-louis-pasta-salad-43397

Reactions: PamelaG

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
We are having chicken and noodles for dinner. I need to go get some bread to have with it I think or biscuits. Probably should do a vegetable as well.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I liked my mom's chicken and noodles. She made noodles more like egg noodles and cooked a whole chicken for it.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I just use the Reame's frozen noodles for this recipe. At Thanksgiving I make my own noodles though.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
We ate at the Heritage Festival. J had a hot sausage sandwich and I had a slice of pizza. We had funnel cake for dessert.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
LC22 made the Cheesy Olive Bread for our lunch (with pepperoni) today too. lol

Reactions: teachermomof2

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Leftovers here, pork and sauerkraut, mashed potatoes and corn on the cob. I made meatballs for Sunday's dinner and oatmeal raisin cookies. I only baked 6 and flash froze the rest of dough (in balls) and will vaccum seal in packages of 6 to bake later on when my husband needs a cookie fix.