What's up Wednesday? 1-22-2020

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by teachermomof2, Jan 22, 2020.

1. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good morning!

2. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

It's freezing here... 10 * start to the day. I prefer temps in the 40s and above. ;)
    I have another school day in and earned another half a sick day. Searched for another tap song for the evening activities. Not sure about this dance, but we will see. M's tap teacher is a people pleaser, so it is hard to get the truth out of her. She doesn't like to rock the boat. I just want the best for M...and if a song she picks isn't a good fit. I want to know and we can move on to something that is a better fit.

Talked to H for a bit last night too. That was nice.

Heading to school, then M and I are going to see Doolittle tonight.

Have a blessed day!

Ahorsesoul, GrammaDeb and jampss like this.
  3. jampss

jampss Well-Known Member

Morning All! :)

It's a damp 32* Brrrrrrrr. :eek: DS16 has a 9 am OCD therapy appointment. We have to park in a parking garage and walk over to the hospital building and down stairs ... in the basement! Sound eerie. LOL But it's not. Anyway, I'm wearing my long johns to get from the garage to the building! HA :D

Yesterday, DS got to school fine and stayed for the Therapy Dog at 2:30 pm and then Mindfulness Meditation at 3. Then took the bus home and walked from the bus stop! Yay! ;)

The Life Coach and OCD therapists have all received my texts about "What to do with the anxiety, rituals, etc that keep DS in the bed ALL weekend'. o_O

4. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning! slept ok with only a few hot flashes.

Work today, not much else going on.

Have a great day

Ahorsesoul and GrammaDeb like this.
  5. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Hello there!

Just popping in quickly this morning to put up the three-day warning for Rudolph Day - all the details are in the January 2020 Rudolph Day thread. Thanks to AuntJamelle for kicking things off this year. I'll try to stop by a little later to chat.

Lolwlias, Ahorsesoul and GrammaDeb like this.
  6. FrostyShimmer

FrostyShimmer Well-Known Member

Brr.....cold day here.

Poor DD6 wouldn't get out of bed this morning. DH had to pull her out of bed and put her on her feet and tell her school isn't optional. She cried the whole time until she had to catch her bus. Apparently her teacher started abbreviating her name to something else when she writes it because she told her seven letters was just too long so she's just going to write two. DD6 does not like the new nickname either. She also saw her old teacher at the school and thought briefly that she was coming back to teach their class. When she found out she was subbing for another class she burst into tears right at school.

Doing some cleaning here today. Vegetarian sheperd's pie for supper. We're trying to cut back on meat and eat some healthier stuff.

Hope everyone has a great day.....Wednesday...we're halfway there. :)

23 days until Valentine's Day
    81 days until Easter
    283 days until Halloween
    264 days until Thanksgiving (Canadian)
    309 days until Thanksgiving (American)
    338 days until Christmas

.........it all comes faster than you think ;)

sweetpumpkinpye - Congratulations to them! How old is your DD?
    teachermomof2- brr....just about as cold here. DD6 just started tap dancing last week. I told her if her teacher doesn't start being nice to her I'll start sending her to scholl in her tap shoes :)

7. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Good morning!

I am trying to convince myself to get my laundry together so I can go to DD's and see Rocky! And yes, to do laundry. It is supposed to rain tomorrow, but it is cold today! Decisions, decisions!

When I get home, I will put the chicken in the crock pot to make my chicken and noodles for DD's Inlaws. They are both in such bad shape: him with dementia and her, physically! I feel badly for them.

Well, I am almost dressed and if I hurry, I just might make it before 11 a.m.

FS, my heart hurts for DD 6. I pray that the Lord will give her strength and grace.
    Lisa, hope your day is going well.
    Lucie, those pesky hot flashes!
    Jampss, yay for DS.
    Pamela, you are always so busy with everything.

Have a great day! Stay safe and be blessed!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  8. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

DS and I spent another 4 1/2 hours in the ER last night. His pain was back and the Tylenol wasn't helping at all. We sat in the waiting room for over 2 hours just waiting to be called. I think they had their triage system all messed up because we would watch people walk in, get triaged and then within 30 minutes get called back and they looked perfectly fine. Meanwhile you have DS in horrible pain and there was a mother with a very sick little girl sitting near us that had been there before we arrived still waiting. o_O It was ridiculous. She got called back shortly before we did. Once called back they didn't waste any time and got him all hooked up. The doctor took a little bit to come in but when he did he ordered pain meds this time. We waited for bloodwork to come back to determine if more imaging was needed, it wasn't thank goodness and we came home. I liked this doctor better than the last and the nurse as well. The pain meds really helped him and the doctor said he wasn't taking enough of the Tylenol and told him how much to take, so he'll try that. We're still keeping the PCM appointment today so he'll miss school, but if we cancelled then they would call anyway so we'll just go in as planned.

I have some bloodwork to do while at the doctor, not sure what it is though. I was supposed to maybe get together with my friend today but she didn't say anything about it yesterday when we were talking so I think she forgot. Oh well, now that this has come up. I will try to run to Target today and I need to call the cabin office and find out if we need to bring linens and cooking stuff this weekend or if it's already there. DH put away all the blankets for me last night while I was gone so that's off my list. I need to see what other area I want to tackle.

Lisa- I hope you can find the perfect song. Have fun at the movie!
    jampss- Great job to him yesterday! I hope therapy this morning goes well!
    Hi Lucie and Pamela!
    FS- Poor thing, that is rough. I don't understand this teacher at all. A name is a name and she should respect that. How rude and disrespectful, not to mention lazy.
    Pam- It would be very nice to make dinner for the in-laws! You best do your laundry today in the cold versus the rain tomorrow.

Enjoy your day!

9. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Well-Known Member

Hello. Beautiful sunny day!

I'm sitting with neighbor today while she sleeps. Catching up on the news, getting ready to crochet.

I bought a vegetarian roast - it took over a week before I was brave enough to fix it. Had it last night. Dgd looked at it and said, "Oh, mystery meat." It was actually pretty good...with mashed potatoes and brown gravy.

Dgd is taking the week off from gymnastics. Another trip to the chiropractor after school yesterday - the other side of her back is messed up. We took her to an orthopedic doc a few months ago - xrays were clear. Dd is going to try to get a MRI. Gymnastics + back pain seems to be pretty common - lots of bending, twisting, and crashing.

When I get home this afternoon I'm going to drag out my sewing machine and sew up the piggie pads I have cut out. I need a dose of motivation...or bribery.

Have a good day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  10. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Hello again!

Torrential rain here last night and there is rain in the forecast for the remainder of January. I think I will drive the extra distance to the Safeway with the underground parking! It's been a busy few days, everything and nothing it seems but I did get some two big jobs knocked out over the three-day weekend. All of my photos on my computer are labeled and filed in folders. Goal is to keep that updated as it is a huge job when I get behind. Finished up the bulk of Christmas - just the linens to do but the tote is heavy so I may wait until Sophia's visit in February to bring it into the house. Since 90% of the items were not used this year, it will most likely be close to that percentage that gets decluttered!

I did a lot of relaxing as well which I think is just what I needed. Worked my way through the new season of Grace & Frankie and I'm working my way through the last season of Vikings on Amazon Prime in preparation for the new one. Good grief, they were ferocious and today's videos capture it all in technicolor!

Have a great day, everyone, stay warm and dry and get ready for Rudolph Day - I can't wait!

11. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Holy cow! I think every piece of clothing that Samuel owns was in the washer and dryer. Two overflowing clothes baskets full of clothes! I have one folded. I will fold the other when I get finished here and with lunch. I'm sure that Rocky is as hungry as I am. I always share lunch with him when he is inside with me. He is so cute! When he sees my car, he starts walking towards it, and the closer he gets, the faster his tail wags. We shared some lovins at the car, and when I asked him if he wanted to go in, it's like "forget you, Nana! It is cold out here!" He cracks me up. I love this fur bundle! Ok. Time for lunch. It is almost 1:15. Even tho the Rockmeister is sleeping, when I go to the kitchen, he will get up and follow me. Gotta see what there is to eat. The sun is playing tag with the clouds. You were right, Jess! Best to come today instead of tomorrow in the rain!

GrammaDeb and Ahorsesoul like this.
  12. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

I have been sorting boxes in the basement. i needed some old paperwork from last year. Of curse now of that stuff is unpacked. I finally found it in the back of the storage are. I put it out for DH to bring upstairs when he gets home. I did get a lot organized downstairs but didn't get much done in the way of reports. I can't figure out how to open some of my old Quicken files either. Oh well.

GrammaDeb likes this.
  13. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Thank you Frosty, I am very happy for them both. DD turns 27 on January 29th and DFSIL turns 31 on January 30.

14. sweetpumkinpye

Good morning all,
    Another wild weather day here today, strong winds and the potential for a dust storm. I am meeting a friend for lunch so hopefully the weather holds off.
    After lunch I think I will be meeting DS at the mall to do a bit of shopping so that we can start his bedroom over the weekend. He is not working today and tomorrow as the car yard he works at was hit hard with the storm on Monday and there is nothing for them to do at the moment so he will have a 5 day weekend.
    Sunday is Australia Day so we get a holiday on Monday.

That is about all the news from here, still on cloud nine and will be for a while.

15. MrsSoup

Afternoon!

DS is off school and work for the rest of the week. DH found out that his section is now on 24 hour duty until the end of the month due to an exercise so he'll be doing shift work. He was able to find someone to cover for Saturday/Sunday but not Friday night so i'll be at the cabin by myself. I guess i'll take the kids with me that night instead of bringing them out Saturday night. He also received an email back saying that it's possible to rescind the stabilization here and leave this summer so he went to S1 to find out the paperwork needed and now is trying to get that together. Send good thoughts our way that he can find it and all goes through.

I have put in an email to my program mentor for her to call me sooner than the 9 a.m. appointment I made for Monday morning to speak with her so that we can get this figured out ASAP. I don't want to start my term only to find out i'm doing it for nothing and will have to redo it after we move. I don't see why the Army would say no to us leaving so i'm going to be proactive in talking to my school and see what the deal is if we end up leaving. Maybe I can continue with my term with no issues, we'll see. If I do have to take a break i'll have to see about my content exam as well and if it would count, if not i'll have to see about a refund. I need to put my two week notice in at Target, but now i'm hesitant. Ugh, I don't know what to do. Have I mentioned how much I hate this uncertainty? We may not have an answer for a couple months.

16. sweetpumkinpye

Jess, I am with you. I hate uncertainty. I would rather have a plan so that I can work towards it.
    I am sure that it will work out, just not in the time that you want it to.
    When you get back to the mainland any idea where you will be headed?

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  17. girlsinmo

girlsinmo Well-Known Member

Good evening everyone. DGD & I attended our weekly Zoom Bible study today. Been dealing with some stomach issues today so good thing our Bible study is online. I made chicken Quesadilla for supper. Tired this evening.

Hope everyone has a good rest of the night.

18. MrsSoup

Katrina- No idea yet as to where we are headed. We want to retire in Kentucky so that is the ultimate goal. I hope the dust storm held off or passed you by.
    Tricia- Hope you feel better!
    Diedra- I hope you get the files figured out.
    Pam- Good job on getting the laundry done today!
    Pamela- You were busy this weekend, but it will be nice to have those big jobs done.
    Deb- Glad DGD is taking a break, sometimes we just have to listen to our bodies when they demand a rest and some attention. I hope that's all it takes for her to be able to get back to it.

DH submitted the paperwork this afternoon and now we wait. :eek: Nothing we're not used to. I spoke with my program mentor, she called while I was in the car waiting for Eli to get out of school. She said to go ahead and continue with my term and it should be fine. If we move then it should be okay. It will depend on where we move to though. I'm going to pull for Kansas, even though we were hoping for Kentucky because Kentucky has completely different requirements and I would have to repeat my PCE and take completely different tests as far as the praxis. Kansas, however has pretty much the same requirements so I should be okay if we were to go there. Depending on when we find out where we're moving, I may have to take a term break in the Fall or they might be able to find me a placement, we'll have to wait and see. I am going to put my two weeks in at Target tomorrow I think. Is it weird that I feel like a failure because I am doing that and not keeping my job?

I took DD to Petsmart and we picked up rocks, plants and a scrubber for her tank. We were going to get a type of catfish but the lady there kind of talked us out of it because she said they got up to 18", however my mom has one and it's been fine and hasn't gotten anywhere near that big and she's had hers for a long time. I didn't want to argue with her so we left it alone and just got the other stuff and left. The catfish keeps my moms tank super clean so that's why we wanted one. Oh well, we'll see what happens for a while and then go to a different location and pick one up if need be if we're not moving. We stopped at Target and picked up a few things and now we're home.

GrammaDeb and Ahorsesoul like this.
  19. sweetpumkinpye

Lunch with my friend was nice, I had a salad, went to the mall and met DS and we did a little shopping. Home and did some knitting and caught up with DH's day.
    Hamburgers for dinner and they were nice. I tried to have a lot of salad on mine.
    DH has gone to bed and I will catch up with some tv and then bed for me.
    I hope that you all have a great night.

Ahorsesoul likes this.