What's Up Wednesday 5/30/2018

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by PamelaG, May 30, 2018.

1. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Good morning!

2. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Off to get my hair cut this morning and a quick run to Costco for gas. I may stop by their tire store to see if they can give me better prices than I got from the dealer. Betty Blue Subaru is going to need new tires before we head across the country again. Other than that, a trip to the post office to mail the things Vic bought for Sophia in Hawaii (two sarongs and a bracelet) and a few chores at home.

3. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good morning woke up to get news of my gym will be closing end of june. rent as gone up so mucg. what a bummer i liked victory lady . now to find another ladies gym will be hard its not that many. go to work at 9 today i would rather work at 6 but im usually off on wed but someone called out. have agood day

4. angelpugs

angelpugs Active Member

Good morning,enjoying a nice sunny morning here,did some weeding in the gardens and have been working on a few repurpose projects as i'm doing a few things for our church bazaar.Mornings are cool but,afternoon it's so humid so on goes the ac's and i have been doing crafting in my spare time and i took a day and spent over in vermont which was nice.Hope you have nice day all.

5. Lolwlias

Lolwlias Active Member

Good morning. I am working real hard at getting myself back into doing all the things I used to do & enjoy. To be honest, I never imagined I would feel the way I've been feeling. Life is funny.
    I'm still going through some of my husband's stuff. A little at a time.
    Being off work this week is absolutely heavenly. I am loving every minute of it.

luludou likes this.
  6. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

Laura- glad to hear from you and that you are getting back to yourself. Enjoy your time off. Prayers my prayers continue for you.
    Angelpugs- our bugs are so bad in the am that it is hard to get out in the cool of the day to do yard work. It is supposed to thunderstorm today so the newly planted flowers will get what they need.
    HW2- always a bummer to get called in on your day off, but you do it because you want someone to cover your shift when you need to call in.
    Pamela- so thoughtful of VIc to bring home gifts when he travels. I bet you have a cool around the world keepsake collection. Be careful they don't cut the bangs too short. I tend to tell them to cut them longer just so they are not too short. I have a cowlick on the right the loves to lift higher. DD cuts my hair and knows better :)

I have to be at work today a 12:30 and we have thunderstorms in the forecast for this afternoon. I am hoping for an early closing so I can get some much-needed office work done
    I just finished my work out so need to shower and move along.

Enjoy your day friends,

7. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

Looks like rain here today as well. DH should be home in a couple hours and then will probably want to sleep. I got home at almost 11 last night. I was all set to leave and went to check for stuff one last time and found a small pallet of Nissin buried in the back corner. Ugh! No idea what today holds. It's normally an early release day but since tomorrow is the last day of school it's going to be a full day and early release tomorrow. I'm keeping DD home since they are going to iTrampoline and her friend stayed the night. I'm sure my friend will be over later.

DS's grades are funky in the system so I have an email in to the counselor to see what's up. He was passing everything and we were waiting to see about English after the final today and now Geometry says F. So tired of this crap.

Pamela- I hope your hair turns out beautiful! I need to go ahead and schedule my next hair appointment. My hair stylist has become quite popular now and is booked out quite far, after telling me that she only books out two weeks in advance due to cancellations. Go figure.
    HW2- Sorry about your gym.
    angelpugs- I wish I could repurpose things. I always see things and think of ideas, just don't have the space.
    Laura- I'm glad you are enjoying your time off!
    Jody- Hoping for your early closing!

Enjoy your day!

8. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Hello, everyone! Just time for a quick run thru. I think I need a new charger, which I will get on Friday. It has been horribly hot and humid. Ugh!

Sewed some baby things on Saturday, and the mama to be loved them! Also sewed a big, plushy pillow for Samuels new room. Hope he likes it. I want to do more, but have other things to do first.

I have 2 graduation open houses this weekend. One is for my great niece on Friday. I will go and spend the night with Jay. Then on Saturday is for Jakey's sister, and I can drop by on my way home from Jay's. I can't give either of them much, but I guess it is the thought that counts, huh?

Running out of juice. Will be back when am fired up and ready to chat some more. Thinking of you, Laura.

9. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning,.
    a work day for me, the first with the new co worker. apparently she did well yesterday and seems very capable so far. I will see what happens when I get in.
    I really hope that she works out.
    Will try and pop back after work,
    Hope that you all have a wonderful day.

10. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Afternoon!

Counselor forwarded my email to the teachers and V.P., we'll see what happens. :rolleyes: DS flies out tomorrow morning early to his dads. He's working on his laundry and his room. My friend and the other two kids (one was already here) came over and hung out while she did a load of laundry and then she took all of hers and DD with her and went to the PX to meet her DH for lunch. My DH came home earlier and fell asleep on the couch after being up all night. He did eat some leftover pizza and share with the almost 2 year old (his favorite child) before falling asleep. Then he woke up long enough to tell her bye when they left. LOL After I pick up Eli from school we may meet them at the park for a bit.

I think I may try to get a catnap. I should read a chapter in my textbook so I can take my next test this afternoon. I need to think about whether or not we're going to host dinner again tonight. I have the stuff for fettuccine and garlic bread. I'll talk to my friend and see if that's what they want to do. Half wanted that last night and half wanted pizza so we did pizza last night. I have steaks in there too but not enough for everyone.

11. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Evening! no gym today as I came in later with dh... his work truck is at the garage and so is my truck. tonight he picked me up with a courtesy car... at least our truck is now fixed. busy day at work... did not bother with secretary - I did give her something his morning which she had put on my desk but decided to take it back and take care of the job from a to z.. no more bother with her. read outside at noon - nice temps but tomorrow is to be a scorcher 32C! dh picked up his new glasses tonight. I have to go choose mine this week.
    Have to call insurance about new medication tomorrow - they sent me a letter but it doesn't make sense so we'll see.

'Night

12. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

DBoss called me to come in earlier than my shift and sent home the opening manager. We closed the Marina at 1:00 and I got things done. I have the closing shift again tomorrow and the weather is to be nice. I have to teach another manager how to do inventory tomorrow. I figured out a way to double check numbers at the locations, which will keep us from having to running around doing recounts.

Time for some dinner and a little tv.
    Oh, DD28 and fiance are still trying to figure things out.

Good night.