What's Up Wednesday? 5.9.18

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by teachermomof2, May 9, 2018.

1. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good morning!

2. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

I'm so glad it's Wednesday! Today is Miss M's 13th birthday! It seems like yesterday that she was born, and here we are 13 years later. For a few more months I'll have 2 teenagers in the house together. o_O

M's concert was nice. We took the kiddos for ice cream afterwards. Also had some drama from my mother, as usual. Sigh.

Heading to school today, praying that we don't have to split again. Many reasons why, but I won't go into it. We had a sub yesterday, but he didn't want to work in that class because he hasn't had a good experience there....so we had to take them. 6 work days this month and I already have earned 4 sick days. :eek:

After school, I'll pick up M's cake and then come home to make her dinner of Chicken Alfredo. The grandparents are coming at 7 for cake. Then I'm hoping to relax a bit tonight.

I wore some old sandals to work last week and my heel hasn't been right since. I've been in serious pain for a few days. It's feeling better this morning, so I'm hoping it's healed.

Jess....glad the testing went okay for DS. Prayers for good results on the biopsies.

Have a great day!

3. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Good morning,

Lisa, Miss M's photo was lovely - Happy Birthday!

I'm off to meet the representatives of the one charity that didn't make it to the event due to a family emergency. They are a local special needs children's' little league team and they plan to use the money to buy adaptive equipment for players in wheelchairs - what a wonderful organization. Then it's over to the 2nd military support office to get some information. I'm getting some push back on me going to Washington while Vic is in Okinawa. I know it's been done before - the family moves back to where they are from while the active duty member goes overseas but we're missing a piece of the puzzle somewhere to make it happen and I'm trying to get some answers. The first support office was not as helpful as I would have liked so I'm trying another one at a different base. A quick stop at Hallmark to drop off my Wish List and that's it for today.

4. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

This morning has been crazy already. I had my appointment with GI, a follow up from my endo and barium swallow test. My biopsies came back fine. He wants me to double up on my meds and come back in 6 weeks. If i'm still having issues with pills then we'll do another test because my esophagus may not be functioning properly. I stopped by McDonald's for breakfast on the way home and now i'm trying to shove it down my throat so I can quickly do my hair, grab my birth certificate and head out to the DMV for my appointment for a Hawaii license.

I have several messages to send when I get back home. I took my test last night after getting the kids to bed and I have to say that i'm definitely consistent, I got an 80% again. As long as I can maintain that for my final tomorrow i'll be happy.

DS is home from school today. He was texting me shortly after I left the house this morning that he was sick and dizzy and then he fell in the shower and hit his head and he couldn't eat and blah, blah, blah. He has a psych appointment this afternoon that he will be going to since he missed last time. DH said that when he got home from PT, DD was still sleeping at 6:40. Apparently her alarm didn't go off. One morning i'm not here and all hell breaks loose. Ugh!

Gotta run friends!

Enjoy your day!

5. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hi all! Sunny and warm yet again. Hope it lasts through the weekend.

Been running all day so far. Went to the grocery, put spaghetti sauce in the crockpot, made chili on the stovetop and some kasha. Also roasted asparagus which I will chill and use for an antipasti plate. Might do a cake or brownies. Then have to pack the camper, decide on clothes and get stuff ready for our unit meeting since I am the president. Put stuff away before the cleaning woman on Friday, make dinner, wash hair........it just goes on and on.

Jess - so nice to hear that your friend is moving into your neighborhood
    Lisa - Happy Birthday to Miss M! You have a wonderful daughter!
    Pamela - hope things go well with the support office and you find the missing puzzle piece
    Pam - never heard about your weekend
    Mel - time to stop by again?

6. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good afternoon to all. bought more flowers today and planted them . got my season pass for kings dominion and went to see bad samaritan movie with a friend. fun day. bq chicken mac and cheese and green beans for dinner. back to work tomo have agood evening

7. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

Hello all

Just got home from work, DH had to come get me because I locked the keys in the house and my sweet neighbor drove me to work. I was in a panic because I responsible for opening the building and no one else was there. After all was settled Dboss said I never get drama from you. I told her I try to avoid it. Anyway, the event went well.

Jessica - nice to have a friend live close by
    Debbie H - you are busy today.
    HW2 Your day sounds like it was Very pleasant.
    Lisa- Please give M Birthday wishes. Your sleepover sounds like fun for the girls.
    Pamela- I hope your housing issues work out for you.
    Lucie- How is your work situation these days.

8. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning all.
    Missed you yesterday, it was just a crazy day and did not get on to say hi.
    Did groceries yesterday and ten to DD house for dinner.

Work for me today, Boss told me on Tuesday that I will be doing extras until at least the first week in June:( Seems that the lady she offered the job to cannot start until around the end of the month and then will need some training. I think I will have to ask our other CW to fill in a Thursday or Friday so I can have another day off. Will see.

DH is off to Hobart today for work (where I was for Nationals). He will be home late Friday night so just DS and I tonight. Tomorrow night I will meet DS at the mall and we will have dinner out and do a bit of shopping.

Must go, have a great evening.

9. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hi, everyone. Don't have much time because we have church tonight.

Worked the bakery Monday and went straight to DGS's ballgame, but got sick from my medicine again. DH's great-niece graduated last night, so we went to that and got home after 10:00. Slow day at work because students are still taking End of Course tests. That should be over tomorrow, and it will be back to normal Friday - or as near normal as can be at the end of the year. Tomorrow is also the last day for seniors.

I re-planted some cucumbers this afternoon because the seeds didn't sprout. Also, planted two cherry tomato plants. We'll see how they do.

Later....

10. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Afternoon!

Shortly i'll be taking DS to his therapy appointment. Then I need to come home and study as much as I can for my final tomorrow. I went to the DMV to try to get my Hawaii license so I can get my motorcycle endorsement on it, well I have to get a permit first and then go back to the college and get a waiver to take back to the DMV, it's a stupid process. Anyway, since my marriage license to DH has my previous married last name and not the one on my birth certificate, they wanted my previous marriage certificate or a current passport. My passport expired in March and I don't know if I have my previous marriage certificate (or where it is if I do). So I went for nothing. My current DL expires next month on my birthday, so i'm on a timeline. I ended up texting my ex to see if he had a certified copy and he does! He just mailed it out to me, so hopefully I will have it next week and can make a new appointment and get this taken care of. In the meantime, I get time to study because I didn't realize that I will have to take a written exam for both the state of Hawaii and a written motorcycle permit exam even though I already passed the MSF course. I swear, all of this is just ridiculous! The hoops to jump through when I already have a valid license.

I went to lunch with DH and some guys from work and then made it back home just in time to jump in the car and rush over to school to pick up the kids. I don't know whether i'm coming or going today. I really wish I didn't have to go in for training tonight so I could study. This final has me a nervous wreck! Prayers appreciated!

Thinking of everyone!

11. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Evening!
    gym this morning, lunch with cw's, yoga with balls after work. supper & dishes are done.
    work situation... bof! so-so. Not bad but not excellent. today worked all day to help secretary... while she chatted and texted on her phone the whole day. I will be talking about that to my supervisor tomorrow. I'm willing to help but help yourself.

'Night

12. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Evening all MHHers

I thought I should take DD shoe shopping this morning but she wanted to take a nap first. She went back to bed after breakfast and some game time. She slept until after 12. So we didn't get going until about 1. She tried on over a dozen shoes and decided she'd rather have just plain black ones. The nice salesman said they could order it and she could pick it up on Friday. She was saying how she really just liked the black shoes she had on. He told her to wait a second and came back with a pair of sandals made by the same company as her shoes. Looked exactly like her shoes with cut-outs. So much for trying to get her something summer looking. lol

I ended up with a pair of sandals (not black!). I almost bought a pair that were 6 different colors. I still might go get them if I like the beige pair I have on now. I had socks on when I tried them at the store. Once home I tried them with bare feet. I don't like bare feet and never have. Might be why I do not own sandals. So I'm wearing socks with them. Doesn't look too bad with jeans. Not sure about with shorts. lol

For diner I made Oven Fried Chicken (excellent recipe), corn, french fries and gravy. Very good. Later this week I'll make a salad with the rest of the chicken. Dh ate seconds which is something he hardly every does since his surgery.

Wishing all a good night.

13. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Lucie, what is wrong with people these days? It seems finding people who want to do their jobs is harder and harder these days.
    Diedra, that's funny about Vanessa and the shoes, but at least she's satisfied! lol

Sure do miss Lana...must be having computer issues. Hope she can get them fixed soon.

Hope everyone has a restful night.

14. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

Lucie, I would have asked the secretary to let me know when she was ready to work and I would help, then walk away and go do my own work.
    MissJane, Lana is having internet issues with her carrier. She says misses us.
    Diedra, I need to find a pair of shoes for DD 27 wedding in November. My dress is burgundy and I think I want copper or pewter colored shoes. This will be torture, I abhor shoe shopping.
    Jessica, it just wasn't your day, Praying tomorrow the stars align and your test goes well. It's open book, right?
    I brought work home with me today. I needed to organize all the papers so I can find what I need. I am happy with it now that it is in a 3 ring binder. I thinking I will switch two of the tabs around to make it easier access to for papers I need most.

15. PamelaG

Have you tried Zappo's? Free shipping and returns and they have pretty good prices for shoes.

16. PamelaG

I haven't made fried chicken in ages. I still use the recipe from my 7th grade home ec class - it came out best when I used an old fashioned electric skillet. Not even sure I still have one.

17. PamelaG

That's great that you still have a cordial relationship with your ex and that he was helpful. I had a similar issue when I needed to have my ex sign a document (we've been divorced for over 30 years) so I could cash out some retirement benefits. It took me a little while to track him down but I did it and he was great about it.

MrsSoup likes this.