What's Up Wednesday 6/13/2018

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by PamelaG, Jun 13, 2018 at 6:24 AM.

1. PamelaG

PamelaG Well-Known Member Staff Member

Good morning!

2. PamelaG

PamelaG Well-Known Member Staff Member

Did not sleep well at all last night - it's hot, it's humid, it's raining on and off, and I found one of those giant Virginian palmetto bugs in the hallway when I was going to bed last night which meant that I spent all night thinking that there could be one in the bedroom. I will spend the next three months with a fly swatter in my right hand. How do they get in? I close the bathtub drains and the house is clean, kitchen counter surfaces are wiped as soon as food preparation is done, I just don't know.

Ok, enough about bugs. Vacuum and mop today and take a good look at my Project Life album. I am pleased to announce that all office surfaces are clear - yay, I actually got everything sorted and put away where it belonged. I haven't done anything to my album since the beginning of March - if I don't have daily photos, I'm just going to have to do a lot of journaling.

3. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Good morning all. Drizzle and clouds today.

Got all my printing of both paperwork and photos done last night and I guess as a reward I slept well but since DH went to the VA I was up with Buffy which is earlier than I wanted to be.

Nothing planned for today except the usual and perhaps some packing or at least selecting what I want to take with me to Salem. Since I have the photos printed I could scrap them too and put some stuff in this year's album. Might also throw my new stuff into the laundry so I have a better idea of what I have - actually that sounds good so I will be off....

Pamela - you have your work cut out for you if you have done dailies since March!
    Shannon - slip shorts sound like a great idea - can't remember if I've seen any but I do have a dress I'd like to wear and leggings done seem to work with it
    Katrina - glad that new cw seems sharp and you don't have to work extra time

4. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good morning! Another gray, rainy start this morning. I'm ready for some summer weather and sunshine. I was sick with stomach issues yesterday. I knew all that pushing on my abdomen by the ultrasound tech would lead to issues for me.

I cleaned the living room yesterday, did woodwork, windows, curtains, pillows, etc. Today will be kitchen and dining area cleaning. Our niece is coming for a little bit this evening until her mom gets off work. MIL and FIL are heading out of town for a viewing of a distant cousin, so she asked if we would watch her for a bit.

That's about it here!
    Hi Pamela and Debbie!

Have a great day!

5. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good morning to all. going to see book club movie with a friend today. its sunny out suppose to hit 90. got up paid some bills washed the rugs in the bathroom. have to decide what to take to my daughters on sun for brunch. have a good day

6. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Hello!

I got to take off my heart monitor today's! Yay! I will return to hospital after I shower. Glad to gave that thing off.

Nothing on my agenda today. Good thing I live alone! I should do some cleaning. But my back is hurting so much! I do have something to return to five below. Need to do that before Friday. I made my soon to be great grandson a burp cloth. Want to make several more, a couple of receiving blankets, a tag give toy if I have enough different appropriate ribbons. Maybe some washcloths too. So I will do a lot of sewing in the next few days. Granddaughter is having a baby shower, but I don't know when. Depends on my car. I don't like the clacking I am hearing.

Better go get my shower. Hope a hot shower will loosen my back a little. Praying you each have a great day!

teachermomof2 likes this.
  7. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

Both my kids ended up staying the night at my friends house last night so DH came to work with me. We were home by 9 p.m.!! :eek: There wasn't much that came in so it was a quick night. I was asleep by 9:45. LOL This morning I have a V.A. appt at 0900 and then I need to run by the college to pick up my waiver that is ready. My DMV appt isn't until July 10th but at least i'll have it in hand. Not sure what the rest of the day will hold, probably not much. I do want to take my test #3 and get that done and maybe do some outlining for my first presentation. There is no way that i'm finishing my class by Saturday, so i'm going to shoot for July 1st or sooner.

I need to log in our reading time on the website for summer reading and check my master to-do list.

Pamela- I had a termite crawling on my face in bed the other night in the dark. haha I grabbed it and threw it and then told DH to turn on the light. We found it on the covers. I had the heebie jeebies after that. I checked everywhere around the bed. No idea where it came from, could have come in on me I guess or my clothes. They swarm here this time of year, it's gross. I totally feel ya with the palmetto bug! Nasty things.
    Hi Debbie!
    Lisa- Hope you are feeling better today! When will you get your results?
    HW2- I want to see that movie, let me know if it's good!
    Pam- Yay for the heart monitor and the shower!

Enjoy your day!

8. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Active Member

Good morning. I stayed up very late last night - until 1 am - sewing and reading. Silly, and now I'm paying the price with a headache.

What is it they say about the best laid plans? Yesterday I took DH to his podiatrist and to a favorite sandwich eatery. Had plans to go shopping tomorrow for his birthday. On the way home from lunch I smelled something burning and DH saw smoke coming out from under the hood. Smoke is never good. I wanted to pull over, but DH wanted to go home - we were just 3 miles away. We made it home okay - I thought I drove like a maniac but DH said I drove like a normal person and not like a grandma. Ha ha.I didn't stop shaking for an hour. I have an appointment at the car dealership tomorrow, but whatever the repair will cost is more than the car is worth. I guess we will be car shopping, and that was NOT on my to-do list. And that will be birthday present, anniversary present, Christmas present, etc.

Yeah, have a great day everyone!

9. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

movie was good we enjoyed it

PamelaG likes this.
  10. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning,
    Up early, showered and dressed. Off to my mum's today for baking and a little planning. Will take my planner and add dates for Christmas baking, wrapping etc. Once those important dates are in I can fill in anything else that is needed.
    Will pop to the grocery shop as there are a few things in their catalogue at a great price this week. 50%off some make up, nail glue and toilet cleaner. Better to buy at that price.
    Did not have the tacos for dinner last night so that will be dinner for tonight.
    Hope that you all have an amazing day.

11. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Afternoon!

My V.A. appointment was very productive. I have a referral to Ortho, Physical Therapy and a Chiropractor!! I told her about my appointment with Ortho next door at Tripler and she said, "Well it says right here in the report that you have an ACL tear." LOL She asked what I do for pain and I said nothing, I take enough pills as it is. So she wanted to know how I felt about "other" methods such as acupuncture/chiropractors, etc. I said i'm all for trying whatever if it may help. So that's how the physical therapy and chiropractor came about. She couldn't believe that the Army won't pay for a chiropractor, only for active duty. She's sending me for my lower back. The last time I had xrays was in 2008, so I had new xrays taken. I also had blood drawn. She is also sending me for a complete hearing test, so I scheduled that appointment, although they can't get me in until August. I left feeling pretty good about everything. She wanted to give me some vaccinations but my record isn't complete so we are holding off. I think since i've had two previous last names, they didn't merge all my records from when I was in the service so i'll have to contact the records department and see how to go about that. In the meantime, i'll see if I can find my paper record so they can update it somewhat in the system.

I picked up the kids from my friends on the way back. The girls got into some trouble by bringing a cat home, friends daughter actually thought she would get to keep it even after her parents had told her not to touch any cat here because the feral cats can carry AIDS. She's lucky DD and another girl were there or she very well may have gotten her rear end reddened, especially since she let her baby sister touch it too. Her mama was hot! I need to take a test and work on my presentation. A nap would be nice and some coffee. Maybe i'll run to Starbucks first.

12. piratemamaof3boys

piratemamaof3boys Active Member

Evening ladies. Wanted to check in before bed. Hope everyone had a good day. Csnt believe its almost CiJ and I'm looking forward to a little Christmas magic. We can use some here.

Halimer; I love my slip shorts and wear them anytime I have a shirt or dress (that I don't wear leggings under)
    https://www.hanes.com/shop/hanes/ha...gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CKL3xI_-0dsCFdFYDAodbIwFzg
    These are like the ones i have. They are snug but comfortable.

Sleep well ladies

13. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Thanks Shannon.

14. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Had a great day at mums. We baked 3 different items and we have enough to last us for the next few weeks.
    Put all the baking and wrapping dates in our planners so that is good, we know where we are heading now.
    Tacos for dinner and then an early night I think.

luludou likes this.