What's Up Wednesday 7/11/2018

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by PamelaG, Jul 11, 2018.

1. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Good morning!

2. PamelaG

Hair appointment this morning, off to Home Depot to pick up an order of giant paper refuse bags, and then hopefully meet with the new Charities Chair for the turnover. Happy 24th Navy Anniversary to Vic, 24 years ago today he started on this adventure so I'll be planning a special meal for Sunday. I'm doing a retrospective of all of his liberty port countries - we started with Spain last year and had a Spanish-themed dinner, this year is England so we're having afternoon tea on Sunday. He doesn't know yet so it will be a surprise. Did anyone catch any of the news coverage from the UK yesterday of the celebration of the Royal Air Force's 100th anniversary? They had a flypast of 100 aircraft - it was amazing. If you're interested, there is a video on You Tube.

3. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Good morning, everyone.

I had a lazy day yesterday. I took a muscle relaxer Monday night and spent most of yesterday in the recliner or doing very light household stuff. I think my back is as near normal as it is going to be now. I cancelled my appointment with the orthopedic doctor today because it's feeling so much better. We'll see if it continues. DD25 came late afternoon yesterday and we picked figs. She and DSIL both love them, so she's going to can some.

Bakery Lady called yesterday evening saying she's sick and to ask if I was coming in today, so I'm going in a little earlier than usual for a Wednesday. I haven't heard anything from the bank. :( I'll go straight to the church when I get off to cook for the kids and teachers tonight. We're having pancakes and sausage tonight...one of their favorites.

We were supposed to be leaving next week to go on vacation up to Maine, but since DGS is in the World Series, we aren't going...we were going with DS and family. My mom has been wanting to go to the beach, so I think I'm going to check on what may be available. We like to go to Fort Morgan, AL and rent a beach house because it gives us a private beach, but at this late day, they're probably all booked.

We're finally getting rain. It's hit and miss showers, but the cloudiness has kept our temps near 90, which is so much better than 96 and 97! Thank goodness for A/C, though.

Lana, so glad you found the money! We are beginning to have a lot of black bears here. One was seen at my cousin's house less than a block away, and we live in town!
    Pamela, I'll have to check out the video. I hate those days when it seems like phone calls consume all my time.
    Jess, prayers for the baby.

Have a good day, everyone!

4. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Morning all MHHers

Have a meeting with DD’s nurse this morning. Means she will read me pages of paperwork. Not that either one of us what to hear it but it’s mandatory for this meeting. I think they have to read it since many clients are not able to read. DD won’t be happy.

Yesterday DD was horrible. Argued with anything and nothing at all. ALL DAY LONG. LC1 took her to the library where DD got upset that she could only keep some dvds for 3 days. We may have to just order online and then pick them up without her. DD just does not understand why she can’t scream and yell in publi and why she has to follow any rules.

Our weather will be heating up also. I’ll be doing inside things. Or nothing but reading.

I think dinner will be fried chicken. I make it in the oven so the AC will be working overtime this evening. I’ve been having a craving for it. And homemade potatoe salad.

We have some strange neighbors. One we call criminal lady. Her boyfriend was hauled off to jail one day so that’s how the nickname came about. They put a helmet on him since he was spitting and banging his head on the sidewalk. Lots of drama for our quiet neighborhood. Plus she is rather nasty so no one talks to her. Her trash has been overflowing for weeks up by the house. Today the trash guy couldn’t stand it so he is hauling her can down the road for her. He left the can at the end of the drive so it will sit there for weeks. Does anyone else have nicknames for their neighbors?

Do something special for yourself today!

5. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Greetings from Indiana!

It is supposed to be slightly cooler and less humid today. I am glad, because I have a counseling appointment at 11:00. And my back is killing me this morning. When I get finished with counseling, I will get lunch and bring it home. I might sew this afternoon. I didn't get any done yesterday.

Yesterday was so hot and humid. Called MJ before I left DD's. She was shopping with her son at Walmart! I could have kicked her butt! I could tell she was having trouble breathing and then, kicked his for taking her out! But she is as much to blame. She will not tell him no. He almost died when he was born, and she STILL feels guilty!

Well, enough of that. I need to get ready to go. Good thing I don't care about the way I look, huh? Lol. Stay safe and be blessed!

6. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good afternoon to all. went to hobby lobby sa w fall and some christmas they had sales on summer stuff66% off . my daughter left for france for vacation so ill be checking on her dogs till she gets back. have agood day.

7. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I developed a migraine yesterday and took my meds last night. I woke up okay but now it's coming back. Good thing I have the chiropractor this afternoon, hopefully he can help it go away. My back has been hurting since PT on Monday. I might have to change my Monday chiropractor appointments to Tuesday so I go after PT.

Went for my walk this morning with my friend and now i'm getting ready to head out for a board meeting for the Spouses' Club. This evening is a concert in the park put on by the Army Show Band. Next week they'll be down on AMR with a different band and then the week after at our community center park with yet another part of the band. Tonight they are at a community center park that's not ours but it's just down the road so within walking distance. Housing will provide free hotdogs, chips and drinks while supplies last. I think we'll go and check it out.

Both of my kids stayed at my friends house last night so we went to bed super early. haha It was nice and quiet. The girls did pretty well with their lemonade stand yesterday but had some drama from another girl in the neighborhood. She thought she was entitled to some of their money because she "helped" them by telling people about their stand. DD told her she was not getting their hard earned money and her little brother didn't think that was right and sent several little boys to ask me why his sister wasn't getting paid. Anyway, I told DD about it and she was trying to figure out why these boys were asking me. She found out and sent me a text, but accidentally sent it to the girl instead of me. :eek: So that started a big to-do. They may have got it resolved but who knows. The mother even texted me about it but her daughter didn't tell her the entire story. It was just ridiculous all around. I've never seen such entitled children. If your child wants money, then put them to work with their own stand or something, but don't think that our girls are just going to give her money when she's put nothing into the funding of, setup or sitting their all day of their stand. Sheesh!

Pamela- Happy Anniversary to Vic! I'll have to find that video!
    Jane- I'm glad your back is feeling better!
    Diedra- Sorry about DD yesterday. I have nicknames for my neighbors. haha I have crazy neighbor, OCD neighbor....
    Hi Pam and HW2!

Enjoy your day!

8. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good afternoon!

How is everyone? I'm back from a short getaway with J for our anniversary. We celebrated 23 years of marriage on Sunday. We went to WV and stayed in a luxury cabin. We had a nice time and enjoyed relaxing together. Not too much else going on now. We unpacked and I have the laundry just about done. I balanced the checkbook and did a few odds and ends around the house. J went to look at some cars that he'd like to rebuild. M is swimming with mil and her sisters and H is at work. Karla is mad at us....she is quite pouty since we've gotten home. :rolleyes:

Still healing from surgery....I went to sit on the floor on Saturday and twisted something wrong, so I've been paying for it. I feel so much better, so it's hard not to be active.

That's about it for me....I need to catch up with all the posts.
    Jess...those girls...at that age...make me crazy!
    Diedra....sorry to hear V had a rough day. We call most of our neighbors by name, except one....he is big mouth...he screams at his dog all darn day! Annoying!
    Hi Pam and HW2!
    Jane...maybe something better than the bank is in God's plan. :)

Have a great evening!
    ~peace and blessings~

9. PamelaG

My neighbor is the Kilowatt Lady - she's made it her mission to read all the meters here in our housing complex every day and log them. She's trying to prove that some of them are not functioning properly. I think the property management got fed up with her because they have called the energy company to come out and test every one. Let's hope that takes care of the issue!

10. PamelaG

It's been quite a day - I was late for my hair appointment because there is so much road construction - both ways I could go were backed up so I sat in traffic longer than I had intended. Ran to pick up my order at Home Depot only to find out I misread the details and ended up with 25 bags instead of 5. I ordered 5 thinking it was 5 bags but no, it was 5 packs of 5 bags in each pack. I just decided to keep them as I will use them eventually - maybe not in this decade but eventually :D. Got a text from the new Charities Chair to say she was available (she had a last minute appointment and wasn't sure if she'd get out in time for our meeting) so I headed to her house and got pulled over by the police because my rear passenger side brake light was out. No ticket but I had just gone through an intersection and when his flashing lights came on, I started to pull over but I was in a right turn lane into a shopping center so I just pulled into the shopping center and parked off to the side. The police officer said I should not have done that, I should have just stopped. I said that would have been in the right turn lane and he said that was fine. Didn't make sense to me but I guess that's the way it is. Turnover went well and I headed to the car dealership to have my brake light fixed which they did for no charge and very quickly. Grabbed some lunch and got home just in time for the Croatia vs. England match and now I am in the depths of despair at England's loss, absolutely gutted. Such a shame. I think that calls for some chocolate to wrap up my evening! I left the TV on while I came into the office to type this and went back into the living room because there was such a racket - it was Maury with two women who were making complete fools of themselves ove whatever issue they had. Is this what we call entertainment these days? Sheesh, I'm glad I don't watch daytime TV.

11. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Pamela- What a day you've had! Some chocolate is definitely in order!

My meeting took almost 2 hours! I had no idea what anyone was talking about so I pretty much sat there and just looked back and forth as people talked. We did talk about Super Sign-Up next month and I signed up to be on the committee, figured it was mandatory anyway so I might as well volunteer before I was voluntold. We'll see how much i'm actually available to help with. The new bookkeeper for the thrift store brought some very major issues to light with the finances that no one has caught in recent years that he now has to get taken care of. All I could do was shake my head. Being an FRG leader for the past 15 years, I couldn't believe that people had not thought to keep a better eye on the finances, especially with the amounts of money that this club in particular deals with. Shocking!

I went to my friends to pick up my children and found that Eli had been a brat this morning and the boys were in trouble. We came home and he's grounded. Friend called me to tell me that her son was grounded for two weeks. My headache is definitely back and i'm really hoping the chiropractor can get rid of it by adjusting my neck. We'll see I guess. If not then i'll be coming home to take it easy the rest of the day.

12. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hi all! It was hot but not steamy. That is on tap for later in the week.

I had lunch with my friend Inge. She is 84 and thinks she is getting old. I am 70 and she tells me I am young and have at least 10 good years left. Thank goodness! Took Buffy to the vet and updated all her shots for our upcoming trip. I don't think I will expect much from myself tonight.

Tomorrow I have a checkup and a dermatologist appointment with DH to get some skin tags removed and ending with a Mets game. I think I'm free on Friday or at least hope I am.

Myron'sMom - last time we were at the Hale Koa was 5 years ago. Think it's still great.
    Jess -- hope the migraine went away
    Pamela - chocolate cures all
    Jane - hope you hear from the bank soon - the bakery is taking a bit too much out of you
    Diedra - hope Vanessa is better tomorrow
    Pam - be careful in the heat
    Lana - glad everyone got to swim

13. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Evening, everyone.

It seems I've spoken too soon about my back, and the bad thing is one of the employees from the PT office came by the bakery today and told her they could close my file. I'll call first thing in the morning to see if they did. If they didn't, I'm going to ask my regular PT to prescribe more sessions. I was, also, supposed to see the ortho doctor today and cancelled that appointment, too! Sheesh!! I really need it better before I go back to school in August.

Bakery Lady has a kidney stone. I'm going in on Thursday evening to do the baking for the weekend, which she says is minimal and God must have known she was going to have this kidney stone, so He didn't let people make many cake orders for the weekend! DGS#1 turns 12 tomorrow, so we're having a family supper Friday night to celebrate. Normally, I go in on Friday to bake for the weekend.

Seems everyone has had a day of it, huh?

Diedra, I'm so sorry you are going through a rough time with Vanessa right now. Reading sounds like a perfect activity to me.
    Debbie, your friend sounds delightful. My grandmother, who lived to be well into her 90s, would get so frustrated because her body wouldn't do what she felt in her mind she could still do. lol I really miss her, especially at this time of year when we're all canning and putting things in the freezer. Enjoy the Mets game!
    Jess, I can't stand junior high girl drama. Or Mama drama! Hope you get to feeling better soon.
    Pamela, Bakery Lady keeps a television on in her shop ALL.THE.TIME! It drives me insane. It sounds like it was a trying day for you.
    Lisa, I know what you mean about doing too much. I had a hysterectomy 16 years ago. One day, I thought, "I can fold towels. Surely, that won't hurt me." Wrong! Keep in mind that even though you have small incisions on the outside, quite a lot was done on the inside of you! I think I wore a lot of dresses that year to work, because the button on pants irritated my naval incision for a long time.
    HW2, Hobby Lobby makes me long for fall! Did you buy anything?
    Pam, did you get around to the sewing today?

I made a grocery list from the sale paper and plan to do that first thing in the morning. And Diedra has made me want a book, so I'll go by the library while I'm there...time for some reading!

Night, everyone.

14. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Evening all MHHers

The morning meeting went well. DD was tired about 11 and the nurse had called to say she was running late. DD went to bed and didn't get up until the nurse was pulling out of the driveway. Funding for DD in one area may go down since she is able to do more even if it requires supervision. Not a problem here.

DD was better today. She decided at 3 pm she was ready for a welk. I told her I'd walk later but not now since it was 92F outside. We walked after dinner with a nice breeze and the temp had dropped to 85. I watered my front yard plants since it did not rain. The ground is just like the dust bowl.

DD has gone to bed now. So all is well for the moment. I'll be heading to bed shortly.

Wishing all a good night.

15. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good afternoon.
    It was a late start for me and I was rushing out the door so did not post. Been to my mums, taken library books back and picked up more. Returned frozen veggies that the store has recall because of possible contamination.
    Back home now and am in for the afternoon and evening.
    Great news that all the boys are out of the cave in Thailand. It was certainly a brave effort for all those involved.
    Going to sit down for a minute and then start dinner prep.

16. housewife2

17. housewife2

yes i bought a flag for thanksgiving besides some summer toys that was on sale

missjane likes this.