What's Up Wednesday? 9.5.18

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by teachermomof2, Sep 5, 2018.

1. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good morning!

2. teachermomof2

What's happening?

Heading to work this morning. It will be another hot, hot day. It's already 70* at 6:45 am. Looks like a high in the 90s today with a real feel of 97*.

Nothing planned after school....just the usual dinner prep and such.

Hope you all have a nice day!

3. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Hello!

Another hot day and then rain to start tomorrow. Suppose to get quite abit of rain 2-4 so they say and cool down.

Got off about 3:45 yesterday,went to see Aunt Imogene, got home alittle after 5, ate and then to park with Jaymee and Teigan, home cleaned fridge all out and wiped down and took shelves out and washed and did dishes. Up earlier to go straighten pantry but not sure if I will get to it.

Should get off again today but will have another girl from other branch so will see. Need to go grocery shopping.

Have a GREAT day all!

4. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning! Another hot one here too but rainshowers this afternoon and starting tomorrow it will cool down. this weekend should be Fall températures. I think I'll do some comfort cooking this weekend.
    Did gym, another bad night of sleeping - makes my neck ache.

Have a great day

5. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Good morning all! Slightly less hot than yesterday but still muggy. By weeks end this too shall pass.

Slept barely/poorly so am up early with Buffy. She is resting after breakfast.

Dentist says I need to get broken tooth pulled and a new implant and a crown on one of my wisdom teeth. Our dental insurance will be changing in January so DH and I have to look and see the options for new plans. No matter what it will be expensive. I agree with Katrina - it is hard to maintain a body.

Accomplished my basic shopping at BJ's. Today, hopefully, the farmer's market and odds and ends. Still haven't found a main dish for Sunday - hmmm.

Lucie - looking forward to fall on the weekend
    Lana - hoping you get another early day off
    Lisa - stay cool at school

6. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Morning everyone!

We are still in the hot, hazy, and humid club. It will only be a degree or two cooler by the weekend.

I have back to back appointments this a.m. Good thing they are in the same building! Then home to clean as much as possible. Found out last night that I will have company this weekend. SURPRISE! Tomorrow is laundry day. Shoot, I haven't even put away all the laundry from last time. Sigh.

Time to get my shower. I need to pay my rent before I go to my dr's appt. Stay cool and drink lots of water. Remember your pets need water, too.

7. AuntJamelle

AuntJamelle Well-Known Member

Good morning all!

Crazy busy night last night! After getting home at 7:30 PM from DS karate class I made Keto Egg Noodles, then made Chicken Noodle soup. Also vacuumed, did a load of laundry and ran to Walgreens for one of DH's scripts. Then I went to BED! lol

Today should be less hectic! Although I do go to two groc stores tonight for the weekly shopping + making a truck payment and picking up a script at CVS. Need to get karate uniform washed and dried and ready for tomorrow's class too. Hoping to get to bed at a decent hour!!!

8. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

Last Day! Once I am done with work tasks today I will be done and in full retirement. The hardest part of the day will be answering the Exit Interview questions about my supervisor. She is highly distracted by bringing her personal life to work with her.

Saturday we leave for SD to surprise Dgd 5 for her birthday by showing up for her birthday party.:)

missjane likes this.
  9. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good morning fixed my pumpkin coffee this morning. yea another hot day here too may cool down this weekend a little. have a little housework to do . they are putting out mums in the stores ill wait at least another week. i love mums saw my scarecrow to use in the garden when i was in the garage yesterday. enkoy your day

10. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

This morning i'm giving my knees a rest and going to the PTSO meeting at Eli's school. They will have coffee and pastries (yes, please). After that i'm going to head to TJ Maxx to look for workout clothes and i'm going to stop by Massage Envy since it's in the same area and ask about the lip stuff the woman put on me during my facial. I also want to ask about a nighttime moisturizer. I found the website for the brand i'm using and signed up there and got a 20% coupon if I order from the website so I may order from there depending on what I decide to buy. I'm still debating the expensive serum.

DS has an appointment after school and DD has physical therapy about 20 minutes later. I usually go in with DS to his appointment so i'll have to tell the therapist that I can only stay in there for a few minutes because I have to get DD to her appointment and checked in. He hasn't been taking his meds for a couple weeks it seems and has been fine so not sure what to make of that.

Lisa- I sure wish they would call off school or fix the problem.
    Lana and Lucie- Hope it cools down!
    Debbie- Yes, it is hard to maintain a body, I agree!
    Pam- It's nice when appointments are in the same location.
    AJ- I don't typically leave my house after a certain time in the evening. LOL It amazes me when people run errands that late in the evening. haha
    Jody- Make sure you answer the questions honestly about her. She shouldn't be doing that and definitely shouldn't have been using you as a babysitter instead of you working when you were supposed to be all those times. Not professional at all! Congratulations on your retirement!
    HW2- I didn't pay too much attention last year, but people were talking yesterday that they don't really sell mums here. I think they don't do well with the consistently warm weather.

Enjoy your day!

11. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning,
    A rainy Thursday here and another busy day.
    House inspection at 9am and then off to my mum's to do some baking. Last general bake before Christmas. Will pop to the library while there and return/pick up.
    Home this afternoon and then out to dinner tonight. DH and I are meeting DD's BF parents tonight. I don't mind saying that I am a little nervous about it. I really hope that we all get along because it will be better for the kids if we do. Meeting at a local restaurant for 6.30.

Jess, thanks for inquiring about DrillDance. Our complaint went to the National Governing body and we received a very positive response, so we decided to continue, although I lost 4 team members over it all. We are waiting for a response from our State body now.

12. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hi, everyone. Sorry I didn't post yesterday. We haven't gotten anything from the TS. After work, I rode with DD21 to the college house...we thought it would be torrential rain today, so she went back a day early to avoid driving in the weather we thought would be here today. I helped her finish getting things settled into the new bedroom. DH came after football practice with the used washer, and we installed it and checked it out to make sure it was working...it is! I rode back home with him and it was after 10 before we got home.

We have church tonight with a pot luck supper. I cooked butter beans and pork loin to take. I must say, it's nice to to be coming home after work and not going to the bakery. I'm pretty wiped out today.

Just before last class period today, a couple of girls were horse playing in the hall (not students I teach). One had a fanny pack (they don't call them that now...did you all know they're making a comeback?) and she swing it away as the other girl lunged to grab it. The girl who lunged lost her footing, fell forward, hit the brick wall, and was knocked out cold! It all happened so quickly, it was crazy. Two teachers were right there and saw it happen.

Lisa, that's true that we all did fine with no air conditioning, but we didn't have it in our homes at that time. Only commercial buildings had it, and some of them didn't, so we were acclimated to the heat. Kids now days have A/C, so their bodies aren't used to being in that kind of heat. Put "the powers that be" in a room that temperature for 7+hours and see how they fare.
    Lana, the rainfall amounts they're predicting is amazing...how it can carry that much moisture that far....Hope it won't create flooding.
    Lucie, send some of those fall temps this way! Hope you get a better night's sleep tonight.
    Debbie, dental work is ridiculously expensive. For some, it's unaffordable! Hope you can get it taken care of without much difficulty.
    Pam, enjoy your company this weekend.
    AJ, hope you get everything finished in time to get to bed reasonably early. Sounds like a lot to do!
    Jess, hope all the kid's appointments went well. Skin care is important! My mama preached that to us. She's 83, and to look at her skin, you would think she's in her 60s!
    Katrina, I'm glad you've decided to continue with drill dance. Maybe you'll pick up some more dancers?? I was nervous when I met DD25's in-laws. I'm sure things will go fine!

Hope you all have a great night. Rest well, friends.

teachermomof2 likes this.
  13. sweetpumkinpye

MissJane, Scary about the student, hopefully she will be OK. Thanks for the encouragement about the parents, silly, but want to make a good impression.

14. cmerth

cmerth Active Member

Sorry I haven't been on today (or yesterday??). Life got to be too busy yesterday. Today... I am not up to par.... arthritis pain. We got a storm during the night and I have been kinda miserable today. It is raining again this evening. I am looking forward to an Advil and sleeping. I sat on the couch and watched the "Midwife Is Calling" and untangling my knitting yarn. I am really enjoying that show.

Supper is almost ready. I will check in tomorrow.

15. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello all!

Since I got up so early I went to the farmer's market, Shop-Rite, and the library. Then I decided to finish the shopping and go to Costco so I now have my brisket and a turkey breast. Tomorrow the neurologist and working with DH to clean the basement.

DS said that DDIL's grandmother said he was handsome. What a wise woman;)

Katrina - I'm sure things will go well with the parents and I'm glad things worked out with drill dance
    Carrie - glad I'm not the only one who finds untangling yarn relaxing
    Jane - hope the girl is OK
    Pam - who is coming to visit?
    Pamela - what's happening???
    Jess - I tend not to go out at night either - can't see too well in the dark

16. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

CONGRATULATIONS on the retirement MissJoDee!!! Enjoy it all :)

Miss JoDee likes this.
  17. teachermomof2

Congrats Miss Jodee on retirement! Enjoy!

Miss JoDee likes this.
  18. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Congratulations, Miss Jodee!!!
    HW2, I love mums. I bought 4 at Home Depot Saturday.
    Katrina, not silly at all!

19. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Evening!

The PTO meeting was long but lots of info. I went to TJ Maxx after and got a few pairs of workout pants and a couple shirts and a pack of socks. They had lots of cute Halloween and fall stuff but I refrained.

DS's appointment was fast because she was late in calling us back. She wouldn't let DD come in the room so she had to sit outside. DS won't go back for 3 months since he's doing so well. DD's physical therapy was good, the therapist said that she's still a conundrum because of the pain that she's still in. We'll continue with PT for another month and then see the Ortho doc again I think. She said she will see her in a couple weeks at clinic and will mention DD to her. She did increase some of DD's exercises and added a new one or two.

I'm going to continue working on homework and then I need to separate meat and get it into the freezer from yesterday. We'll have steaks tonight I think.

Jane- Crazy about the girl! Glad you all aren't getting hit!
    Katrina- I'm glad things got sorted with the team. Do you think the other team members will ever come back or did the issue involve them?
    Carrie- Feel better!
    Debbie- I don't see super well in the dark either, so unless DH is driving I don't do it unless I have to.

20. sweetpumkinpye

Back from mums, baking done for another month or so. Made 2 types of biscuits and a chocolate buttermilk cake.
    It is raining here which is wonderful. Australia is in the grip of a drought so any rain is welcomed.

Jess, no I don't think the girls who left will come back. The controversy started when a board member of our state told a meeting that Masters (over 30's, my teams age) bring nothing to the sport and are a bit of an embarrassment. This obviously is age discrimination and totally upset my team. Hence we put in a complaint to the National body. The 4 girls that left were so disgusted that they resigned and I am sure that they will not return.

MissJoDee, congratulations on the retirement. Well deserved.

Miss JoDee and luludou like this.