Whats Up Wednesday September 26th, 2018

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lana, Sep 26, 2018.

1. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Morning!

2. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Balanced 3 checkbooks yesterday and the 4th is off 3 cents! I will look for it today. (I balance to the penny) Only 2 are my accts. and of course it is one that doesn't balance.

Ended up with an inch and half of rain yesterday. The neighbor about 20 acres to the east had 3"! He brought our corn check to us and asked Allen what we had. Then at the barn about 1 1/4 miles east of us had 2". Odd1

Allen went to barn and Aunt Ims to check things and will bring me a sandwich for lunch home.

Went deer looking last night but was getting dusk. Saw about a dozen tho.

I better go dress and such.

Jess, tell Addison to take care. I hit my temple and side of head once at a hotel--somehow fell out of bed or lost balance when I got up---on a night stand and didn't go to the doctor but I remember for about 2 weeks I felt odd and my eyes were different.

Have a GREAT day!

3. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

I balance to the penny, too, Lana, and 3 cents off would drive me nuts. I think there's a rule that if the shortage/overage is divisible by 9, you've transposed a number somewhere but that doesn't help with the 3 cents.

Spouses' group Welcome Social yesterday - AM session netted 42 new members and PM session, 21 new members so we've up over a hundred already. I think it's a ridiculously low number for this area which has a huge military community but that's the way things are these days. People are getting their support and social life from social media - I think that is SO sad - and not going out to events or lunches. I understand that there are those who find social situations difficult, but there are a lot of others who would really benefit from joining us - new spouses in the area, new to the military, etc. Anyway, those of us who are members have a great time and last night's event was enjoyed by all. The gift shop on the road was there and made a lot of sales so that's all charity distribution funds for next year. Win-win.

Tonight I'm off to a second event at the same venue - it's a more specific spouses' group - we have several in the area that limit their membership to spouses of a single community within the military - aviation spouses, submariner spouses, surface fleet spouses, or supply corps spouses - since they often have a unique lifestyle. Most spouses belong to our group - the one that serves all officer spouses in our area - and then belong to the one serving their particular community. Anyway, the gift shop on the road will be there again and I'll be helping out with that.

It's a busy couple of days. Completely made a mess of my Rudolph Day but Vic's off again this weekend so I'll catch up then.

4. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Good morning, Friends.

I slept better last night. Just taking it easy this morning.

No special plans today. Will see if MJ wants to do anything. We may go for a late breakfast. I will call her when I finish here.

We had some heavy rain last night, but it should be cleared up soon, and nice for the rest of the week. Will get warmer by the weekend. Crazy Indiana weather. Won't put summer clothes away yet. It never fails: we could have cool temps and I would get my winterish things out with the very next day being hot! Never fails!

Have a great day, and remember to do something nice for yourself today.

Jess, hope Addison is doing ok.

5. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

DD started on some homework yesterday afternoon that was due yesterday that she brought home from school on Monday. One teacher responded to my email and sent work via email for the rest of the week. I'll print that today for her so she can work on it in little bits. Her other teacher hasn't responded yet. I may let her go back tomorrow, but i'll let her decide I think since it's her brain. :) Her doctor's note covers her to go back on Friday so she's good until then.

I am almost done with my grocery list and will go to the Commissary first thing this morning. Then I have a massage scheduled later this morning, just before lunch. This afternoon I have a lady coming to purchase DD's American Girl Dolls. I will give DD some of the profits I think, but not all. I started working on my new class last night, just a little. I printed the first learning guide and started on it a bit. I'll do more work today and email the instructor to let her know i've started.

Has anyone heard from Lisa? Another one has disappeared! Where are you Lisa? We miss you!
    Lana- I am weird with our checking account. I sometimes put "invisible" money away and then I forget about it and don't remember what I put it back for. So when I do the check ledger there's all this extra money and I don't remember why. haha Not a bad problem to have, but weird when you can't remember what you were putting it back for. Need to start keeping a list. Oh wow, yeah you definitely had a concussion!
    Pamela- I think we are just under 100 here for this year, but like our President said, we would rather have good quality members than a large amount that never show up. Last year we had a larger membership but only had 20-30 attending luncheons. We, too, have a very large retirement population here on the island and a huge military community. The leadership last year was not great and the board was very cliquey. I think this year the President will not allow that so it should be much better, but those members from last year that stopped coming don't know that yet.
    Pam- I am just so overjoyed that you are feeling so much better. It really shows in your posts.

Enjoy your day!

6. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Afternoon! did gym and had lunch with cw's. Met my new boss, went well.
    Gotta work, later

7. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good afternoon to all. work was super busy i stayed over 2 hours. then i went grocery shopping and paid cable. cable seems to be going up every month . its hot why why come on cooler weather. im so over the heat

8. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning to you all,
    Groceries for me today and nothing much more. I find by the time I pick up mum, do the shopping, drop her home, have some lunch, get home here and unpack I am tired.
    Dinner tonight will be something quick, I am thinking enchiladas.

Glad that things are starting to warm up here, got the gas bill yesterday for the heating over Winter and it came in at just over $1200.00!!! Going to have to figure out how to reduce the cost next Winter because that is way too high.

Hoping that you all have a great afternoon,
    Much love,

9. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

we went to vote tonight (provincial elections on the 1st), we voted differently me & dh :)
    Had no idea for whom to vote.

Did some groceries, put gas in the car, dishwasher is going, got some chicken cooked for tomorrow night. Now I need to go make lunch for tomorrow.

dd just talked to me, she is still not doing very well :(

10. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Lucie, sorry to hear that DD is not too well. hopefully she will feel better very soon.

Groceries are done for another fortnight. Did OK just over budget but I did pick up some meat that was reduced so that is why. Both the freezers are full so not need to buy so much next time.
    Now to put it all away. Enchiladas for dinner tonight so I will make a start on that soon. Picked up 3 library books while out so I think an early night with a good book might be on the cards.