Wild Wednesday June 12, 2019

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lana, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Hello!

2. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Nothing really wild about today.....

Work and it has been slow. Taking the cake this a.m..

Teigan will stay overnight tonight! :) Think we will go to Mt. Vernon tonight instead of tomorrow but will see. She wants to stay up late and eat ice cream she told me on the phone last night. She went into her bedroom and shut the door with mommys phone to tell me that. LOL!

Gotta run! Have a GREAT day all!

3. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Good morning.

I've been working on paying bills and on shifting some things in the budget. I will start being paid on the 1st, instead of the 25th, as I have been for the last 33 years of my life. Our budget has always run from the 25th of one month to the 24th of the next. I'm trying to work it out to run from the last Friday of each month to the last Thursday of each month. The problem right now is that makes some things we've always paid from the 25th - the 30th/31st will now have to come out twice this month for it to work right. And, because we've always gotten paid on the 25th, the weightier bills are from the 27th - 31st. :eek: Some of those things will be paid off within the next three months, though, and that won't be the case any longer. It will be good when I get it resolved, because when DH retires, his retirement check will also arrive on the 1st.

Mama and I made a good showing with the things at the Crowville house. We only worked in one room. Probably 3-4 more days in that room and we'll be finished. My mom's a hoarder....Still months' worth of work to do to be finished with the whole house. I'm trying to get her to have several smaller rummage sales rather than one big one, so when we get enough stuff together I think that's what we'll do. We're going to let all family know about it and come look at it the day before when we get it all out. Anything they want, they can have. Money is a side benefit, mainly trying to get rid of it. We're supposed to go back today, but I have church tonight, so I won't be able to stay as late as we did yesterday. We worked until about 7:00 last night.

Lana, I laughed when I read about Teigan going into her room to tell you that! She's a stinker!

I better get busy. DH cooked supper last night. I'm always thankful for it, but he uses every dish he can find, I think, and didn't clean anything. o_O

Hope you all have a great day!

4. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Good morning,

Completely forgot to stop by yesterday. Nothing major - work was steady, Lowe's after I got home (yet again!) and then we picked up some Chinese food. Vic finished the closet painting and I got the shipping notices from UPS - 18 boxes are arriving on Friday! Checked again on our household goods - they thought they might be here on the 14th but that didn't work out so the 18th it is. That's good, the closets will be done and hopefully the new china cabinet/buffet set-up for the dining room.

Today is the Change of Command ceremony so it's a hive of activity at work. It's going to be hot, hot, hot out there so I will relax in the comfort of our office suite and watch it being live-streamed on the command Facebook page. I turned on the air conditioning in the house for the first time yesterday. It stays cool but it was a bit warm when we went to bed. Last night we changed things up and went to Home Depot! We are still looking for the perfect laundry sink and for security lights to replace the ugly ones that don't work. It is so hard to find a nice set - one large for next to the garage, one medium for the front door, and three small ones for the sides and back of the house. Vic is busy with all the utility companies - we are relocating the mailboxes from one side of the driveway to the other so he wants to make sure he doesn't dig where there are any lines. His truck, rescheduled from the arrival date of Monday, should arrive today.

Lana - I need to review my Pioneer Woman stash - I think I have four or maybe five so I'll be adding the others onto my Amazon wish list.

Have a great day!

5. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Good morning all! Sunny and pleasant - expecting rain tomorrow.

Looking around at what needs to be done in the house and as usual it's straightening. Finished clearing the food and clothing out of the camper yesterday and the laundry is done and put away. I found some things to donate to the library's school supplies drive and plan to offer my jewelry making items to a friend who I know does that - it just didn't work out for me which is fine because I have enough "hobbies".

Having lunch with my friend Inge today and hamburgers and hot dogs for dinner.

Lana - have fun with Teigan - grandparents are made to spoil their grandchildren!
    Pamela - Did you end up getting Elfa? We have it in most of our closets and are very happy with it - and the Container Store
    Jane - great job cleaning things out!

6. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Hello friends!

I was to do laundry at DD's, but a combine hit a power pole out in the boonies where they are, and no power. Kind of hard to wash and dry clothes, KWIM?

Yesterday, I had my doc appt. I waited almost a half an hour, but we made up for it. I really like her. She really listens. There is a place on my right arm by the elbow that she does not like, so she is going to do a biopsy type thing. I have had it for a few months, but it is really bugging me. Started like a pimple, but would not pop or go away. I have had a skin cancer on my face before, so she is being cautious.

Monday night I wrote a dear John letter of sorts. I did it for me. I don't expect any type of answer, because he seldom answered my questions. I did enough giving over the years. It is not Norm, but this hurt like he*€! I have really been miserable the last few months, and I am done! DONE!!!!

Guess I need to find something to occupy my time this morning. I could put my groceries away. Or tidy up some. But that is work. I know! I will get dressed and go from there!

Have a great day! Stay safe and be blessed!

7. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I took the kids bowling yesterday afternoon. I didn't bowl because my ankle hurt afterwards last time. DD and I made dinner and my friend called while we were cooking and asked if both DD and Eli could have a sleepover, so we were kidless last night. DH and I walked to the PX and had ice cream. We came home and decided to go on a night bike ride downtown. We didn't leave until around 8 p.m. and got home around 9:20 or so. It was nice.

I had planned on taking the kids to the lagoons this morning but you usually have to get there by 8 a.m. or so to get parking so that may be out since they did the sleepover. We'll go to a beach, just not sure which one. We can go to the lagoons on Friday or over the weekend. DH is golfing today with some of his Soldiers in a tournament. He hasn't golfed in a long time so hope he does well. He borrowed some clubs. I need to work on school at some point. I'll probably get ready for the day and then work until I hear something from my friend or my kids.

Lana- Haha, sneaky Teigan/grandma plans...I like it!
    Jane- Sounds like you made a dent anyway and your plan sounds solid.
    Pamela- That's a lot of boxes! Definitely busy days for you and Vic! There are 5 cookbooks total and she has a new one coming out at some point, I checked. haha She also has a book that is not a cookbook and then all her Charlie kids books.
    Debbie- Have a great time at lunch today!
    Pam- Uh oh, hope they get the pole fixed quickly!

Enjoy your day!

8. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Afternoon! Did gym this Morning, work is slow. Went out with cw's at noon and took a small walk. Nothing else going on.

9. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Yes, Elfa. It looks so nice, can't wait until ours is here and assembled.

10. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning,
    It must have rained overnight as everything is wet outside. Hoping that there was some rain up at the farm because it is still very dry there.
    Baking day a t mum's today. Will do a coconut pie, Wyoming cowboy cookies and date and orange cookies. After that I might head into KMart and look at curtains for the sunroom at the farm. I am looking for blockout curtains and they are hard to find.

DD and DH saw Nick Offerman last night and DH said he was very good.

Best get moving,
    Much love.

11. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

IMG_3434.JPG Hello!

Summer vacation started today at 3:30! I worked half a day, as I had a dentist appointment this morning. Now, I'm waiting for approval of a crown for a broken tooth, so I can get that repaired. Then I came home for a bit, then headed to work. My next door teAcher and I cleaned out our closet today and straightened it out. It joins our classrooms together. Then I finished some things in my room. Everything is ready to be cleaned.

After school, John and I went to test drive a new to me Tahoe. Loved it, but they low balled us on my Tahoe trade in, so we walked. It just wasn't me at to be. We picked up dinner, stopped at cvs and the grocery and got home just before 7.

I'm already in bed in my jammies. Looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow.

Pam...sorry you are hurting.
    Lana...enjoy Teigan!
    Jane...Retiremnt sound grand!
    Waving hello and sending love to you all!
    ~peace and blessings~

MrsSoup likes this.
  12. missjane

Our Walmart and Target usually have blackout curtains, surprisingly at good prices.

13. missjane

Hi, everyone!

It's been a long day! My mom called about 10' o'clock to see if I was ready to go back and work at the Crowville House. No! I was still in my pajamas trying to work on the budget flip. I did get two loads of clothes done before we left. We worked until after 6:00. I ordered pizza out for supper because there were going to be only a few kids at church tonight, and I passed off the task of feeding them to someone else.

Pamela, you should definitely post pictures when you finish everything!
    Debbie, hope you enjoyed the lunch with your friend. It seems you're always moving things in and out of the camper!
    Pam, hope you don't have to go nakie before you get to wash some clothes. :p
    Jess, that's always a pleasant surprise...a child free night!
    Lucie, it's been good weather here for taking walks. Better enjoy it before the real heat sets in.
    Katrina, sounds like a good day with your mom.
    Lisa, it feels so good to shut that classroom door on the last day! lol Go enjoy your summer. You deserve it!

Time for a hot bath. Night, everyone. Rest well, friends!

14. sweetpumkinpye

Got some from KMart. they are not amazing but will do. Got some fabric to make a curtain for the back door while I am going.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  15. sweetpumkinpye

Back from baking day. Everything turned out well. DH is tucking in the the coconut pie and says it is nice. It was easy to make so I will try it again.
    Meatballs for dinner and will do pasta and garlic bread with that.

I am still not feeling great so will probably have an early night.

Ahorsesoul likes this.