Winecork ornament

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

thechristmasnut

Retire Member
Jun 30, 2008
Columbus, Ohio
Cute idea... Thanks for Sharing!

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Cute idea...would be perfect on a tree when I host another Wine Wonderland Party...cute...i used wone charms last time but adding these would be great....gonna start collecting corks...LOL

Snowbelle27

Santa's Elves
Oct 13, 2007
West Midlands, UK.
Love those, will have to start collectin gwine corks! TFS.

:haha:

pixiestick

Santa's Elves
Nov 20, 2007
These would be good to make out of wine caroks saved from special event like an anniversary, birth of a baby , honeymoon, vacation trips etc!!! Fun! Of course - better save up all the cork corks you can find as I understand the wine industry is quickly moving to the plastic ones, which just wouldn't look the same I think!

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
plastic wine corks?! YUCK!!
Hopefully some will consider the appeal of a "cork" stopper and keep them!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I love this idea!

I have two girlfriends that I think I will make these for. We go on a wine trail every fall and I could make these ornaments using a cork from their favorite winery from the trail!

One winery on our "trail" has gone to the plastic type corks, but the rest are still the old fashioned kind!

I wonder if you could add a wine charm or two to the top knot of the ribbon, so that they kind of dangle down?

I've seen really cute wine charms in shapes like little glasses, bottles, clusters of grapes, etc.

And often you can find wine charm sets clearences for little $ - it would be easy to split up a set between several ornaments.

Of course, this idea may not look as cute in real life as I see it in my head...{sigh} that happens all too often with my creative epiphanies ...

:frosty:

pixiestick

Santa's Elves
Nov 20, 2007
AuntJamelle said:
I wonder if you could add a wine charm or two to the top knot of the ribbon, so that they kind of dangle down?

I've seen really cute wine charms in shapes like little glasses, bottles, clusters of grapes, etc.

And often you can find wine charm sets clearences for little $ - it would be easy to split up a set between several ornaments.

Of course, this idea may not look as cute in real life as I see it in my head...{sigh} that happens all too often with my creative epiphanies ...

:frosty:

I think the addition of the wine charm would be fun. If the cork is from a special event like a wedding or birthday you could add a charm that fits the occasion to tie it in.

It could also hang down from the bottom somehow like a little tassel.