Wintery wednesday February 13th

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by luludou, Feb 13, 2019.

1. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning!

2. luludou

Snowstorm here. Still made it to work but for once they should've closed the govt offices. All schools, university and colleges are closed. Snowplow had not even passed when we left at 5:30. some places we couldn't see anything.
    7:40 and almost no one at the office yet. Would have been a good day for working from home (if I had the access and permission, which I do not).
    Did gym. Not sure there will be a class of pilates at noon.

Have a great day.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  3. luludou

I am spitting MAD!!! They just closed the office at 8:30... what??? too late everyone is here or on their way here and I Don't have a car to go back. So I'm stuck here until dh comes and get me at 5:00. grrrrrrr! would've been paid to spend the day at home, but no I'm here working

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  4. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

Lucie- That is absolute B.S.! I would be livid too. I'm so sorry you are stuck there. Be super careful going home this evening.

It's raining here again this morning and I have another stinkin headache. So tired of this. I love rain, I really do, but this weather needs to pass. I can't have a headache like this tomorrow for my tests. I was supposed to have the spouses' club board meeting this morning but i'm not going. I will stay home and study instead. I do have PT later this morning and will go to that. My main focus will be on math today, but I will also practice the written test at least once more.

Enjoy your day!

5. luludou

Seems the work I do today is 'voluntary'! pffff. I will work this Morning but I will be reading this afternoon.

They have told all consultants to leave the building as soon as they deem it to be safe, no working from home either.

Only a few of us left.

6. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Oh Lucie....that stinks! I'm home again today due to the weather. My school closed, but M's did not. The city is south and the roads were not well taken care of the last few days. J took M to the ENT and said it was nasty out, but general winter driving conditions.

Nothing on my agenda today. Lol. I worked on on doing everything yesterday, so today is a freebie.

Hope you all have a good day!

7. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello all! What a horrible day (weatherwise) everyone seems to be having! Here in Tampa it it rainy and chilly - 60's. I actually miss the snow.

Yesterday DH and I went to see about our new window blinds and because of various mix-ups/misunderstandings they wo't be ready until 2/22. Then they have to set up the installation appointment. Annoying but what can I do? Otherwise we took care of some odds and ends - got replacement AAA cards, picked up cold cuts and home to a dinner of more leftovers.

This am DH went for PE so I finished up my Israel album and am pretty well done with my December Daily album. Buffy is at a doggie valentine's day party . We may go for dinner tonight before picking her up.

Tomorrow we're meeting some friends from Canada and giving them the $5 tour of Tampa;)

Jess - no question about it! You can do it!
    Lucie - that is rotten about work - maybe DH will get off early and pick you up early?
    Katrina - I wouldn't have thought you'd have dust storms. Is that usual?
    Lisa - glad you have 2 days off and today is a "freebie"
    Faye - hope you are feeling better
    Pam - I hate to talk on the phone so obviously I could not be MJ's friend!
    Deb - I know what you mean about joining the circus sometimes!

Everyone take care in the nasty weather.

8. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

I'm glad you all have confidence in me because i'm seriously lacking right now. I need to dig some up for sure! I just finished the second math practice test that I started yesterday and there are just some things that I cannot grasp. Now i'm worried that I won't be able to finish within the time limit. It's just one thing after another. I will take a timed test later today for all of the subjects. I haven't even practiced the essay writing. It's either going to work or its not. I have no idea what the topics are going to be so I don't even want to practice. It's going to suck no matter what having 30 minutes to write essays on unknown topics. I just want tomorrow to be over already. Sorry that I keep talking about this and whining about it.

Lisa- Enjoy your day off. I know it's going to stink making up all these days on the back end though.
    Debbie- Sorry for the mixup on the blinds.

9. luludou

Jess - I'm sure you'll do great!

DH and DS both just called to say they are getting off work. So dh will pick me up, hope he doesn't get stuck in traffic as there are more roads closed than this Morning. Thinking it will be long to get home.

Been a LONG BORING day. I got po'd with ex-boss saying it was volunteer work so I went to see BIG boss' executive lady and talked to her about it, she says we should be able to have some arrangement with our bosses… if not I'll take my time back little by little. I do not like my ex-boss that much, just remembered why. I know that with any of my other bosses I would've had arrangements easily.

Later

10. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good afternoon finally im starting to feel better . i should be able to go to work tomo i have a short shift tomo still going to take my meds though everyone be careful in the snow

luludou likes this.
  11. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

Hello My Friends

Just heard the results of the heart catheterization results for DB(63) He has 70-90 percent blockage. He will have bypass surgery in 2 weeks. I will go to MI and if needed will do chores for him. He will be off work for 4 months and this isn't good. I am going to ask my sister to go to the hospital with him and I will stay with mom. DB(54) and DB(66) will probably go to hospital too. I just can't leave mom alone.

DB(63) has a daughter but she treats him badly. She lives in TN and when she goes to her mom's she will tell him what time she has to see him and it is usually when she knows he is working. It really hurts him.

We have been painting the downstairs.
    Lucie, Why do employer's do that. If you work was voluntary will you still get paid?
    Jess, Tests always stressed me out. You are a confident women and I am sure you will do well.
    Debbie, sorry about the blinds, you are taking it good stride.
    Lisa, Does you state ever allow for schools not to have to make up some of the snow days? MI I guess does that according.

12. Myron's Mom

Myron's Mom Active Member

Jess you are fine here! This is a safe place to vent! You have my prayers for tomorrow- no headaches or other physical issues, and a sense of calmness and self confidence. Wishing you the very best for tomorrow.

Miss JoDee likes this.
  13. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hi, everyone.

As soon as I got off work, I went to get my hair cut. I had her cut some side bangs in and am already regretting it. :(:oops: I ran to the store to pick up sausage and chicken to make jambalaya and went straight to the church to start cooking. DH and I just got home.

I had a student threaten me on the bus ramp after school today when I reprimanded him for shoving some other students. I told one of our disciplinarians and he says he'll be recommended for expulsion. This kid's cocky and thinks he can get away with whatever he wants, and I'm not the first teacher he's threatened this year. He's one of those kids who won't come say things to your face. He goes around spouting off in front of the other students, so I just let him say all the things he wanted to say and then, reported them in the write up. Have you ever heard the expression, "Give them enough rope, and they'll hang themselves?" That's what I did. He didn't realize I was just letting him talk all he wanted so I could report it. What he was trying to do was incite me and draw me into a verbal altercation with him. I'm smarter than that. We'll see. I may be the one who gets the last "word" in this.

Lucie, that stinks. A few times, they haven't called off school and had to call the buses to come back to the school within an hour of dropping students off to take them back home. I'm glad DH didn't have to work all day. I hope the drive home wasn't too bad and you made it home safely.
    Jess, praying you do well on the tests. You'll be glad when tomorrow is over!
    Jody, prayers for what's going on with your DB and that everyone will fall into place and do what needs to be done to be the best help.
    Faye, glad to hear that you're feeling better. Isn't it great how God works things out...a short shift for your first day back after being sick?
    Debbie, sorry about the mix-up on the blinds. It would be so exciting to see your Israel album!
    Lisa, I hope you had a totally relaxing, enjoyable day!
    Hi, Myron's Mom!

I'm about to play with some layout to show the contractor Saturday.

Night, everyone. Wishing you a peaceful night's sleep.

housewife2 likes this.
  14. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good afternoon,
    Popped on this morning and read but ran out of time before I left to say HI.
    It was groceries for me today and after emptying out my freezers and pantry last week and throwing out a whole lot of stuff I was really aware of what I put into my trolley today. I even wrote aware on my shopping list as a reminder. I came in $40 under budget which is nice.
    Mum was given 2 kilos of frozen chicken from a friend so next week we will get together and make some meals for in the freezer.
    Got a few little things today for the gift closet. Got DS a reed diffuser that he can place in his bathroom. It is hard to find manly smells, this one is a eucalyptus scent and will be nice.
    I picked up a series of "Guess how much I love you" books, the set of 5 was $9.00 and I thought they would be nice for some one who is having a baby.
    Not much else for stockings or gifts today.

Debbie, no, dust storms in my city are not a usual thing, it was very odd.
    Lucie, sorry that you had an awful day.
    Jess, good luck with the tests.
    Jane, glad you wrote the student up.
    Faye, glad you are feeling better,
    Jody, thoughts for your DB
    Lisa, YAY for free days.

housewife2 likes this.