Wintry Wednesday 11.28.18

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by teachermomof2, Nov 28, 2018.

1. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good morning from snowy PA!

2. teachermomof2

It's been snowing steadily here, and the wind gusts are in the 50mph range. Very wintry, indeed.

I have a dentist appointment this morning to get the veneer repaired. I had to take half a day off. So frustrating! Work was okay yesterday. I started decorating for winter....I do snowflakes, snowmen, etc. so I can leave it up until February. ;) I'm hoping to get the tree up today or tomorrow.

Pamela....hope your sleep pattern improves soon!
    Jessica...did you let ds take the vehicle today?
    Lucie...glad the work atmosphere is improved.

Have a great day!
    ~peace and blessings~

PamelaG likes this.
  3. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning! Wind and wet snow here too… lots of slush.

Still woke up a few times during the night and awake at 4:00 BUT feeling fine and not tired, so acupuncture seems to be helping and less headaches.
    Having lunch with cw's, brought in my knitting.

Later

4. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Good A.M.

Have electric rollers in hair and I am dressed.

Got all of Teigans pictures written on and cut apart. Need to start the family/friend cards.

I am off tomorrow so hoping to sew the burp rags and wash cloths for a co-worker that she wants for a baby she is giving gifts to through church. Needs them by the 7th.

Teig P ate alot last night for supper.

Suppose I will move on and dig some cards out.

Lisa, glad you got in today to get tooth fixed. Sucks you have to go tho.

Everybody have a GREAT day!

5. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Morning, friends.

It is a very cold wintry morning here in ECI. We are having January weather. But the weekend is supposed to be in the upper 50s to mid 60s. Can you believe it? I will take rain over these bitter cold temps.

I am to have my follow up for my implant visit tomorrow, and of course the weather might not cooperate. But when I finish there, I have to come back to the hospital here for Jennifer's sinus surgery. I know she will say not to come, but I went thru it with Stephen. He had it twice, and STILL has problems. So I want to be there for my DD.

I did nothing yesterday except wash a few dishes. Didn't even get dressed. Lazy, lazy, lazy. It's kind of nice! Lol

Don't know what I will do today. Probably finish what I did not get done yesterday. I think I need some coffee. Don't know what to eat for breakfast. Thinking of making some veggie soup. That would be comfort food to me, I think.

Whatever you do, be safe in your comings and goings. And be blessed.

6. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I didn't sleep well last night and woke up with a headache in the night, still have it this morning. I even took Melatonin before bed. Eli set his alarm for 5:04 a.m. this morning. I heard it go off but thought it was the neighbors and I was hearing it through the wall. DH had to leave at like 3:15 this morning so it was quieter than usual in our room. I got up and did my routine and came downstairs and thought I kept hearing something upstairs. I was getting my coffee and here came Eli. He said he set it early because he always has trouble getting up. I told him that was fine but not so early, maybe 5:40 next time. :)

I have yet to decide if i'm going to let DS take the car today. I don't know if DH is going to take the bike or not and I hate being stuck without a car. It was wet outside when I let the dogs out so I need to see if DD is riding her bike before I make any decisions. If I have to drive her then that will make the decision. I think it will be fine though and she can ride her bike. I do need to stay home today and do work around here and it's an early release day. He thinks he's going to go straight from school to a friends house, but if he takes the car he's going to have to come straight home I think. He'll have to walk to work this evening too because Eli has Scouts and I don't know if DH will be home in time to take him.

I want to get decorations up and work on my class today. DH got my tote out last night so I can finish up.

Lisa- I love snowflakes/snowmen! I hope they repair that veneer right this time! I haven't decided yet on the car.
    Lucie- I woke up several times last night too.
    Lana- Samuel used to eat a ton when he came back from his dad's. He ate out all the time when he was with him and then I guess it was just the homecooked food he was happy to have when he came back even though he was little. LOL
    Pam- I've been thinking about making veggie soup as well. Sounds so good right now.

Enjoy your day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  7. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

very cold and windy here today stay warm

8. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning.
    It is cold here too but meant to fine up later. I think that the rain has gone for now.
    My work Christmas picnic is on Saturday and it is meant to be warm for that.
    Today is baking at my mum's, she will do fruit mince pies and biscuits and I will do truffles and slices. We should finish all the baking today as mum has already made the gingerbread men.

Got a phone call last night at 10pm form my CW from work telling me that she has given 2 weeks notice. Will finish on the 14th of December. Our last day at work is the 21st so can't understand why she can't work the extra week. I am so annoyed. She has only been with us since May and says her family situation has changed and just doesn't think that working with us will work next year as she will need to take a lot of time off. We have had 3 admins leave this year and to be honest I am P.O'D.
    Anyway better push off,

9. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Afternoon!

Headache is still hanging around even after 1000mg of Tylenol. Ugh! I have been working on Christmas decor a bit while listening to Sounds of the Season on the TV. I got the tree lights on the ledge tree and put up two wreaths and repaired an ornament Eli made me a long time ago. I put the small tree on the kitchen island as well and some paper chains on the main tree. I can't reach where I want the garland so that will have to wait. I have a pile of things to go out front but I can't reach to put the lights out there either without a ladder and I didn't feel like dragging it around from the garage.

I cleaned up Eli's room somewhat and went through his clothing. I have a small pile of shirts to take to the Thrift Store. I have been doing some laundry to include our old tree skirt that I think i'll donate as well. I'm borrowing my friend's for now since she bought a basket to use this year and i'm on the hunt for a new skirt since we bought a bigger tree. I've watched some recorded shows, trying to pare them down on the DVR.

I think i'll read for a bit once DH goes back to work and take a break.

Katrina- Sorry the person is leaving.
    Hi Faye!

10. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

Nothing done at home today. I volunteered in a preschool classroom. I stay all day. There are two classes. Taking the evening to relax. Oh, I just remembered I cleaned the bathroom this morning after my shower.

Have a good evening.

11. teachermomof2

Evening all! Still frigid here! Temps are dropping. It seems more like January than the end of November. The snow flurries are still flying.

My photo cards arrived in the mail today. I will write them out some evening at dance. My tooth is repaired. This dentist also recommended a crown. I guess I will have to have it done. School was short. The kids were so happy to see me today. It was cute. Then a colleague's student teacher made me a gift....a wooden pencil with my name on it. A former colleague, who teaches at the community college, reached out to me today to let me know that one of her students is a former student of mine and that this girl said I was the teacher that impacted her most in her life. Lots of joy today, but sadness too. My cousin was diagnosed with cancer today. Her surgery is the 8th. Then radiation begins in January. She's only 52.

Now I'm off to work on my sub plans for Friday and Monday. I'm sure I won't have a sub, but at least that can't say I wasn't prepared. I had a sub on Monday, but that assignment was cancelled.

Have a good evening!

12. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello all. It was cold and windy today - wind chills in the low 30's but sunny.

I saw the Cher Show which is in previews. Three actresses play different ages of Cher. They all had wonderful voices and sounded just like Cher. The one who played the current Cher was particularly wonderful. The choreography was excellent too. It will be interesting to hear what the critics say when it officially opens.

Otherwise just doing some general pickup as the cleaning lady is coming tomorrow. DH and I will do the finally shopping for the Hanukkah party on Saturday. Friday will be the cooking.

And as the end to the day I tripped over the dog going to answer the phone and hit my head on the couch.

Later.

13. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Thanks, I think it's getting there. Only woke up once last night.

14. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Another great day, who knew someone could be so excited about working! Had lunch in my new office, there is a conference room in the suite of offices for our department. I actually stopped by just to ask a couple of questions but joined the ladies who eat lunch there every day which was nice. Three I knew, one I met for the first time. Training went on forever, we were all really falling asleep. Just a few classes in the morning and then it's off to some department-specific training and then Friday, I start learning my new job.

My Pottery Barn stockings arrived - I ordered the extra large and they are huge. I'm thinking that all of our presents will most likely fit in them, we'll see. My new glasses are in at Costco - I got new glasses in Virginia but I just couldn't handle them. The lady in the optical department talked me into Progressives - I think I mentioned this - when I took them back, they said no problem to exchange them for my original prescription but they couldn't get them in before we left so they suggested I just wait until we got here to Washington. Anyway, we'll see how the new ones are, I'll swing over there after work tomorrow.

15. cmerth

cmerth Well-Known Member

Just a quick Hello!!

I have been busy sewing and embroidering. Got a few more gifts done.

I posted Christmas decor pics on my blog. It was fun taking pictures this morning and tweaking the house. Will finish up on Friday on the blog with the rest of the house. I got the recipe typed up on the blog.... will post tomorrow morning. Fwww... it has been a busy week on the computer.

I worked on the family reunion for a few minutes tonight and then watched some tv.

I am super sleepy. Think I will crawl in bed with the electric blanket on and watch some Netflix.

Stay warm everyone.

16. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good evening.
    It was a long day. Got to mum's at 8.45am and got home at 4.30pm. Baked all day but it is all done now.
    I bought home 200 assorted biscuits (cookies) 2 dozen gingerbread men, 4 dozen fruit mince pies, two containers of truffles and a tray of fudge. Mum has the same. I have put a lot in the freezer for the new year and I will bring it out when supplies are depleted here.

Will go back to mum's tomorrow to wrap her gifts for DD, DS, DH and my brother. Hopefully it will not take too long. Then ,most of the major things are done.
    I am too tired to cook so DH has gone to get hamburgers for dinner.

Have a good night all.

MrsSoup and luludou like this.
  17. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Well, I started this just before going to bed last night, and DD came in to talk about the possible job.

DD21 heard from her housemate today. She arrived safely in India and her mom has been laid to rest. I pray, now, that she can get her family affairs settled and return in her two week time frame.

DD21 received a phone call today from the director of the Baptist Collegiate Ministries at college saying there may be a job opening (internship, of sorts) for her from January to June in California. Now, we have to decide if this is what she wants to do or not. We have to really think about what she should do. Meals and housing are provided, as well as a stipend for food, and $500 a month.

Off to post in Thursday's thread!