Wonderful Wacky Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Ahorsesoul, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Morning MHHers

2. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

I could have slept late this morning. Boots had LC1 coming for a walk at 7 so I had to get up instead.

DD has work (or not ) depending on her mood.

Dh and I want to finish putting up lattice on the deck. Yesterday we finished the lattice on the shed. Had to stop since it looked like rain.

Wishing all a good day.

3. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Good morning all! Still up near Niagara Falls. It was just pouring outside but it seems to have momentarily cleared. More rain is expected. Looks like an ugly day.

First official day of the caravan went pretty well. Everyone seemed to like the food and the informational part went OK too. Most of the people seem very pleasant and eager to help. One woman was complaining because her site had been moved. The campground manager offered another site but she wouldn't be appeased. Seems she just wanted to complain. Some folk are like that.

We were all supposed to go on the Maid of the Mist this morning but the rain was pretty bad. We cancelled the "official group" trip and said we would simply reimburse people who went on their own. Hope this kind of thing doesn't happen too often.

DH and I may wind up going to Sam's club today and I will catch up on computer type stuff.

Diedra - at least Vanessa has a choice
    Jess - good work on getting ahead on your school modules
    Jane - hope the job works out for you
    FS - how is the driving coming along?
    Pamela - so much packing, etc., involved in moving

4. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Good morning!

It's a Black Flag heat advisory day as the heat index will rise to 105-107. I ran to the commissary first thing this morning and now I'm in for the day. Bathrooms to clean, towels and kitchen linens in the laundry. The kitchen/pantry side of the Christmas room is DONE! Did I mention that I found my Teavana tea pot that I've been looking for since December 2016? It was in its original box and sitting right next to boxes of champagne glasses. I probably glanced over many times and thought it was just another box of glasses but when I went to move things to inventory, I realized one box was the missing tea pot. Yay, now if I could only find a loose tea similar to the Peach Tranquility that I used to buy at Teavana - so bummed they were bought out by Starbucks and all the stores were closed.

The final season of House of Cards will be out in November (minus Kevin Spacey) so I'm going to start watching the series from the beginning to make sure I'm all caught up.

It's time to start on the craft room which currently looks like a tornado has blown through.

5. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good morning friends!

Hot, hazy start to today here. Looks like storms will move in and out throughout the day. I'm heading out to meet a friend for lunch in a few minutes, but wanted to check in with you all.

I did a whole lot of nothing yesterday. ;) I watched tv, read, made lunch and dinner, did some online ordering for school items, and made a list of things that need done to start the school year. I did watch the drama of the school board meeting. Have I mentioned my district is a hot mess? ;) 2 weeks until my first day.

Allergies are really bad here. My ears keep crackling. The kids are congested and we are all sneezing, despite taking allergy medicine.

I better get moving along....I will catch up soon!
    ~peace and blessings~

6. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

Looks like Hector is going further south than originally thought and will not really have an effect on our island at all. They just said that with the pressure system that is sitting over our islands right now, it will prevent it from being able to make a turn in our direction. I need to run to DD's school today to purchase a sheet of bus passes just in case there is a day or two she needs to ride the bus due to weather though.

I have a Spouses' Club board meeting this morning and I have not even started on the newsletter yet. My deadline to get it done is the 20th so I can get it to the printer for the Super Sign-Up. They said it would take 20 minutes to print the copies we need so I set the deadline for myself. However, i'm waiting until I get everyone's bios so I have everything I need to get started. I'll take the list of whose I have with me this morning because i'm not sure if I have everyone's or if i'm still waiting on some. The bane of being one of the new people on the board.

I have a prescription refill to pick up this afternoon and I need to make a meal plan and go to the Commissary. I also need to get schoolwork done, what I have planned for today and probably some extra to stay on track for my two modules by next week.

Enjoy your day!

teachermomof2 likes this.
  7. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

hot and humid. went to wegmans after work and bought some stuff . they have good smoothies in for the day to hot to go anywhere. stuffed peppers for dinner sweet pot and green beans

8. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hi all! It just finished raining and the sun is coming out - this has happened several times today.

Did go to Sam's and got some odds and ends as one usually does. Also got some stuff consolidated since we gave out the backpacks yesterday. So why doesn't the camper look better??? A question for the ages.

Will see if anyone turns up for a happy hour at 5 - would like to go out to dinner tonight. Now I need to do some printing.

Pamela - isn't it wonderful to find old friends like your teapot?
    HW2 - love Wegman's
    Jess - looks like the days are filling up
    Lisa - hope you can ease into work gradually....and that it is a great year.

9. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hi, everyone.

I was up and out way earlier than I wanted to be, too. DH had a blood work appointment at 7:00, so had to be out the door by 6:45, which meant getting up early enough to take the dog out, let her eat, and then let her do her business outside, again. :eek:

When we finished, we drove to Monroe and picked up DD25's car. DH came on home and I ran to the teacher supply store. I backed into someone in the parking lot. They have two rows of parking. I was in front; another lady was on the back row. I was barely missing the bumper of the person who was parked beside me and was concentrating on that and thought I was missing the car behind...have a really bad blind spot, but nope...hit it. It didn't do anything to hers, but dented my back bumper. I asked if she wanted us to call cops, exchange information, or anything. She said no...so thankful it didn't damage her car! I can live with mine for now.

On to Sam's to pick up a few things. Dropped off some things at the consignment shop since it was on the way home. Had $276.98 in my account from sells last season, so picked up my payment for that. :D Into the Christmas Club account! Also, ran by Target and picked up three sets of kitchen towels for stocking stuffers.

DD25, her in-laws, and DSIL are awaiting take-off to Orlando for their vacation. I'm watching it on the Delta app.

Debbie, that's great that things are going well for the caravan...if only the weather would cooperate for your activities you have planned. There's always one in every group, isn't it? No matter how things are done...they aren't satisfied.
    Lisa, glad you took a day for yourself yesterday. You still got a lot of things done. Some days are like that...not up on our feet doing things, but doing things that take time to get done while we're sitting.
    HW2, supper sounds good! I always think of you when DH and I eat at CB, which we did in Vicksburg last week. I have to go back one day and look at the clothes and that pumpkin fudge you talked about in the fall thread.
    Pamela, isn't it crazy how we can walk all over something and miss it?! I'm sure you'll find other treasures as you're packing for the move.
    Diedra, it sounds like you and DH have been busy. Be careful in the heat!

I have a few things I need to take care of before church tonight, so I better go.

See you all later.

10. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good news about the storm Jessica!

Halimer...thanks for the well wishes. I hope it's a great year too!

HW2...love stuffed peppers for dinner. yum!

Jane...nice haul at the consignment shop! That's awesome!

We just had some showers move through. I'm sure it will heat up again. It's the weather pattern we are in this summer. I had a nice lunch. Ran into the substitute superintendent at the tavern, he was pleasant and sang my praises, which was awkward in front of the teacher friend I was lunching with today. He had been my principal at the middle school.

It's National Leave Zucchini at your Neighbor's House day....or something like that! I gave my lunch date some zucchini, then dropped some off at another friend's house, so I got rid of a few zucchinis. YAY! I'm sure there are more in the garden waiting to be picked.

H is at work. J should be home soon. M is just putzing around. I'm going to do some label making, so they'll be ready to print when I buy labels on Friday.

That's about it for me! ttyl!
    ~peace and blessings~

11. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Just popping in to say good morning. Off to my mum's.
    Hoping that you all keep safe in the heat/rain/hurricanes.

Much love.

12. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Did gym.... work... meeting to tell us 4 people have to change work team.. they have no choice or need to find another job. I had 2 calls today for job interviews the week of the 20th. I said yes but not sure... will cause me anxiety and it's just a lateral change so not really advantageous. Need to talk to boss at some point and tell him what my grievances are.

had to chat online with amazon... they lost one of my packages! so they will reimburse but I wanted to reorder and of course the $42 boots are now $111... pffffff.

Night

13. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Sorry about your package Lucie. They should really give them to you for the original sale price since the package was lost.

I finished today's homework, although I may go back and work on tomorrow's just to get ahead. I just had so much going on today, but i'm not happy with not getting more accomplished. I don't have anything tomorrow until the afternoon so I have all morning to work so i'll make up for it. I just went through the huge stack of papers that I shoved in my desk drawer since school started on Monday and sorted them by child. I filled out any necessary forms immediately and sent them back to school so this was all the remnants. The majority went to the recycle bin and the rest needs to be filed. I have not made it to the Commissary although I do have a partial list ready. I'm thinking breakfast for dinner of eggs and waffles. I don't have any bacon and the kids won't like that. Such is life. It does kind of suck. I could thaw out hamburger in the microwave and make tacos I guess.

I need to do my video from the chiropractor, I never got around to it yesterday so really need to today. I did sleep better last night because of the walk and my PT exercises so I need to do something today. Eli has his first Webelo meeting tonight at 6 so I need to make sure dinner is ready in a timely fashion. I'm hoping DH will be home to take him, although now that he's a Webelo it will be a drop off and pick up deal. Better go get busy!

14. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Night all MHHers (or Good Day to those others),

DD had a good day. She went to work without any major problems. Just was telling anyone who did something wrong what they needed to do. LC1 asked the boss of the workplace to please hold DD up to the rules that other workers have to follow and to print her a list. People tend to think DD isn't mentally capable of understanding or following rules. In fact she is more than capable but an expert manipulator who is more than willing to blame it on her brain injury. She might need somethings modified because her brain processes slowly. It doesn't mean she is slow. lol

Today was the day DD's computer was turned on for her. It took almost four hours to update after being unplugged four months. She was able to post a little on FB. She is trying to answer messages that are very old. This is where her memory has problems. She doesn't realize she has read and answered them months or years ago. But she had fun. IF anyone see her posting anything she shouldn't please let me know.

Dh and I finished all the lattice installment. Both the shed and porch are done. One corner of the porch could have been trimmed a little more but I told Dh the peony busy would cover it. And if it still bothers us next year we can do some corner covers on them. Next he wants to get flower beds around the shed done. He says finished by the weekend. Including moving the 9 flowers from the heart garden. I do not think he remembers how hard our soil was to dig in the other gardens. In the heart garden I had straw down on the ground for two years before it was soft enough to dig. lol But I'll help if he's up to it.

Wishing all of you sweet dreams.

teachermomof2 likes this.
  15. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Back form mum's. A quiet day there, did some planning and a little bit of shopping at the supermarket. Took some library books back and bought some wool for an upcoming project. Always a project on the go.
    Chicken tacos for dinner tonight and then a bath and bed, I am feeling sleepy.

HW2 - love Wegman's, went there a few years back when I was in Pennsylvania. It was in October and the fall stuff was everywhere, it was gorgeous.