Wonky Wednesday 17 March 2019

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Ahorsesoul, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Morning all MHHers

2. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

We have a dark and stormy day brewing here. Even the construction crew out back isn't working. It's not raining yet but they are calling for scattered storms with possible hail.

DD is in a weird mood so we are hoping she will readjust after her nap. lol

3. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Anyone know how Carrie Merth is doing? I know she was going into the hospital a while back. I do not have an address to send a card.

4. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I fell asleep on the couch last night and then went upstairs and straight to bed. I woke up with a headache and still tired. I felt like I had been awake for days yesterday evening and it just hit me all of a sudden. It was like I had just run out of energy completely. I took an Ibuprofen when I woke up this morning and am hoping it will help because I have to get this task done today, especially if i'm heading toward a migraine. I have my doctor appointment this morning to discuss my migraines, ironically enough, and ask for a dermatologist referral. After that I will be home working on school with a headache blend in my diffuser.

DH is on a hike this morning with all of his Platoon Sergeants. My ankle is hurting, not sure what I can do about it except try Ibuprofen which I already took for my headache. The pain patch didn't really help when I tried it before.

Diedra- I hope the nap helps DD. We are expecting rain as well today and tomorrow. I haven't heard anything from Carrie but I do remember her closing down her FB page because she was going off social completely due to her health. I hope she's doing okay.

Enjoy your day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  5. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Active Member

Good morning All. It's bright and sun-shiney today, although windy. It rained buckets yesterday while I drove home from the doctor - stopped raining a couple miles from home. Now we'll gradually warm up over the next few days until we're in the upper 80's.

Dgd is having gymnastics camp during Spring break - she's having a great time. Camp is 5 hours every day, then she has her usual 2 hours every night. Dgs' swimming was cancelled for the week, and with his sister gone all day he is bored bored bored.

I'm sitting with neighbor. She has pretty much decided (every day) to be angry with her dh for leaving her to go to work, so she refuses to get out of bed, dress and eat breakfast. It makes my hours here verrrrry long. I don't know if she's sad about her condition, but I am.

When I get home, in 2 hours and 33 minutes, I'm going to have lunch and take a nap. Have a great day everyone.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  6. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Hi, everybody!

It has been a busy week. I have had something every day to get ready for Easter! For the rest of the week, I am home getting ready with cleaning, and making peanut butter eggs. I have bought all the food, and will cook it all. Jennifer is bringing a dessert or two. Jay, ice and soda. Neighbor is bringing rolls. I don't think anyone else is bringing anything. Oh, Stephen and Melanie are bringing the baby, and I cannot wait to see him. Stephen was released to go back to work this week.

Lindsay is back in rehab. I don't know what is going to happen to her. She was still under court mandated rehab, so she may go back to jail. I don't know what to do except pray.

I have missed Carrie, too. Did she give up all social media for Lent? I don't remember. Her blog is shut down. She has cystic fibrosis, so I hope that isn't bothering her, at least too much. I really enjoy her blog.

I guess I should fix some lunch. We are due for rain, too. I am getting a headache. I don't have time for that. I will start in the bedroom and bathroom. The kitchen will take the most time. Ugh. Better get with it. I will be on pain pills for the next five days!

Praying that you have a good day! Stay safe and be blessed!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  7. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

I'm certainly wonky today! Woke up with a stiff neck, must be a delayed symptom from the fall. It's taken me all morning to get some relief, will definitely be digging out the heating pad when I get home. Work is steady, have to go to the bakery when I get home to get a birthday cake for my boss which we will have at lunchtime tomorrow. Her birthday is Friday but she and I are off so we'll celebrate tomorrow. Bought a cute card covered in smiley faces and had all the division heads sign it.

Confirmed with the movers that they only need two days to pack instead of three so they will pack Tuesday and Wednesday and load the truck Thursday which gives us Friday to clean the house and turn in the keys. Vic has scheduled the auto transport for his truck, I have my flights booked, just waiting to hear about his. Things are moving along.

Have a great rest of your day - I see some of the Christmas in July goodies are arriving, hope you enjoy them. BottledHoneyDesigns is my go-to for planner stickers so if you have a need in your planner or calendar, check out her Etsy shop.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  8. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

hello to all. busy day . going to clean now im home wash a load of clothes . have a good evening

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  9. Myron's Mom

Myron's Mom Well-Known Member

Pam, mine came today! Thank you so much! They will put to good use. Your thoughtfulness is greatly appreciated.

Ahorsesoul and PamelaG like this.
  10. MrsSoup

Back from my doctor's appointment. I have a neurology referral and a dermatology referral. She recommended that I get Botox for my migraines and thinks i'm a good candidate since i've tried everything else and know where my trigger point is in my neck. I also revisited a spot on my finger that has been sore for quite some time and she ordered an x-ray for that, so I went ahead and got my ankle/foot x-rays while I was at it for the podiatrist i'll see next month. It started raining while I was in the office so I had a nice walk in the rain back to my car when I was finished.

My friend just called to invite us to their house on Saturday to hang out around lunch time until time to take the girls to their horseback riding and then we chatted for a while. I have yet to start on my schoolwork so I had best get busy! I'm glad that I used my waiting time at the clinic yesterday to write down some thoughts and notes so I have a good place to start today.

Pamela- I think mine is in the mailbox but I forgot to check the mail yesterday. I will check today!
    Pam- Carrie is off of all social media for quite some time due to her health. She made a post on her FB page explaining why several months ago. She was having flare-ups I believe and needed to rest and take care of herself and may have even been going into the hospital for treatment.
    Deb- That's a lot of gymnastics in one day!! Wow!
    Hi Faye!

11. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning. I am at a city called Bendigo. It is a very large regional town and it is where my dad was born.
    Today we are going to a town about 80 kms away and will try and go on a paddle steamer and have some lunch. We are not sure if they will be open tomorrow for Good Friday.
    Tomorrow will go to a few cemeteries and look for the graves of some of my ancestors

Hoping that you are all well.

12. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Have you tried making dietary changes? A co-worker suffered terribly from migraines and she went gluten-free. It's been months since she had a migraine.

13. MrsSoup

I haven't. I don't get them that often (compared to what I used to, probably one episode of 1-2 a month now) since i'm on a preventative and seeing the chiropractor. The problem is that when I do get them, the past couple times I have noticed that they are getting significantly worse. I don't eat that much gluten really as it is, but I don't eat nearly enough vegetables or enough food period. I started taking a multivitamin to help fill in my deficiencies but still need to eat way better than I do and much more as well.

14. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

The Bendigo Easter Parade looks like a lot of fun. Enjoy.

15. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Evening! No time to post today. went out at noon bought a bra for me, an easter bunny hot plate and candle for mom, tried on some bathing suits... yuck! didn't find anything that fit.
    SIL came by tonight and brought dd's taxes, she needs to sign and post them.

See you all tomorrow

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  16. MrsSoup

Finished my task and submitted it and also finished the last edition of the newsletter for the Spouses Club and submitted it to the President for approval. She can send it to whoever if it's good for distribution. My head still hurts and i'm hungry. DS is making me some popcorn for lack of anything else crunchy and salty to eat. I should eat an apple and cheese, but I forgot that we had them. If i'm still hungry after my snack bag of popcorn I will have one. I had a very small salad for lunch.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  17. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Active Member

Pamela - Thank you for the stickers. They are adorable. Looks like I have a new go-to for supplies.

PamelaG and Ahorsesoul like this.