Word of the Year 2019

Discussion in 'Celebrate Me' started by Gingerbug, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

I'm going with Rejuvenate

Holiday_Mom and missjane like this.
  2. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

I have chosen the word PEACE. I need peace in my life to get eliminate certain emotions and feelings in my life. I am so tired of all the crap going on, and I need God's peace in my heart if I am to grow as a person and a Christian.

Holiday_Mom likes this.
  3. Myron's Mom

Myron's Mom Well-Known Member

I've been growing out my hair for the last year and a half. I stopped coloring mine at the same time. I feel free if that makes sense. I decided I didn't need to hide my gray hair and I actually like it now. It's still poker straight and thin but with the right products I can fix it pretty nice. I do get a trim every 6-7 weeks just to keep it nice - mine was almost "boy" short.

I've never had a word before so this is new for me. I did the dayspring's quiz. It came up with "delight". I'm not sure why and it's not in the direction I was thinking. So I'm going to ponder some more.....

4. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Last year I did not choose a word, since the past years I haven't really followed through with my choice. I think I will try this year again and see where I get. The word I am choosing is:

Wholehearted

1: completely and sincerely devoted, determined, or enthusiastic wholehearted student of social problems

2: marked by complete earnest commitment : free from all reserve or hesitation gave the proposal wholehearted approval

The definitions really say what I need to do in so many areas of my life. Completely, sincerely devoted, determined, with total commitment!
    I need to establish time for myself, Allen and I, and then be there for my family
    Need to make more time getting my house, yard and sheds back into shape. Use to take such pride and seems I am just glad the basics get done now. No extras done.
    Also, back to watching what we really buy. Do we need it?
    Lord is there for me. Give it all to the Lord in prayer!

Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
    teachermomof2 and Holiday_Mom like this.
  5. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Maybe use Free. It could mean a lot of things including delightful. Free to be Me.

6. cmerth

cmerth Well-Known Member

My word is elegance. I want to find ways to bring more elegance into my life. I have been reading about living like the French... it has inspired me.
    Slow down and enjoy a sunset/sunrise... the birds at the feeder.

I want to make my home more elegant. I am known for being clumsy... I want to do more yoga and find a little more control and walk with better posture and "elegance". I started by buying a classy cane. If I have to use one it might as well be elegant and classy rather than "medical" and sterile.

I want to leave the house looking classy and put together so that my guys are proud to be around me.

Have nice things /organized things... even if they only cost me a few dollars at the thrift store.... take care of them better so that they last longer.

Read more... educate myself so that in conversations I have something to add.

Choose quality over quantity. Have less things but what I have is nice and well quality. (hope that makes sense).

I have always been fascinated with women like Audrey Hepburn, Grace Kelly, Sophia Loren, Princess Diane, and Katherine Hepburn. They all seemed to exude one thing.... elegance.

7. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Some great words here.
    Myron’s mom, I had never chosen a word until I joined MHH. To me it just makes sense. I hope you find a word that you like.

8. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Found it! It's a phrase, not a word but it speaks to me:

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly - Unknown

9. sweetpumkinpye

Lucie, love it.

luludou likes this.
  10. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

That's exactly what I was thinking.

11. missjane

I didn't do quite as well as I wanted with my word for 2018, but I think I did make some progress.

I'm still working on a word for 2019. Too much of a whirlwind going on trying to get DD off to California. It all happened within about 3 weeks from the time she found out until she had to leave, along with Christmas, 2 funerals, and the death of a dear friend's mom. Didn't get to go to the funeral because it was the day we had to leave to go to Dallas.

Holiday_Mom likes this.
  12. missjane

I don't know why, but this brought tears to my eyes. To know that this is such a necessity in your life, but that you're just now getting yourself something that makes you feel better just touched me. (((Hugs)))

sweetpumkinpye likes this.
  13. cmerth

cmerth Well-Known Member

Miss Jane.... thank you for your kind words. It does make me feel better to have a cane that is classy and looks good. ((Hugs)) back to you.

14. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Love this word. What book did you read? I read one on the Danish life style and then the Swedish Death Cleaning. I thought both were very good.

The year of living Danishly by Helen Russell
    The Gentle Are of Swedish Death Cleaning by Margareta Magnusson

15. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Diedra will add those books to my reading list.

I read the Hygge one by Mike Weir and really liked it.

16. cmerth

cmerth Well-Known Member

I have been reading blogs mostly. People who have traveled or lived short term in France or Italy.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  17. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

18. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

I just ordered The Little Book of Hygge: Danish Secrets to Happy Living by Meik Wiking. Super excited to get it!

luludou likes this.
  19. sweetpumkinpye

Am going to see if my library has it. It certainly sounds interesting

20. missjane

My students are at lunch, so......

I think I've decided on my word - Confidence.

- to trust God's purposes and timing in my life
    - in my abilities
    - to recognize and accept my life as it currently is, when I can do nothing about it
    - to recognize the changes I do need to make
    - to face and make the changes I can make
    - to learn new things
    - to finish this school year strongly without hating every day that I come (I'm sorry...my love of teaching is just gone and this makes me sad)
    - to take care of myself
    - to embrace the changes that are coming after I retire